PDA

View Full Version : War of Nations Updates

Back
07-22-2003, 10:44 PM
Since this is now in full swing, thought maybe we could utilize this space to help people keep up to date on the goings on. This sucker effects all towns it seems and no one can be everywhere at once.

Anyone who wants to, feel free to add updates. Im starting with a log of Malwind and Eddric's public announcements in Solhaven.

Back
07-22-2003, 10:48 PM
[Vornavis, Great Hall]
On a low dais, spanning the southern end of the hall, three regal chairs of state rest before an embroidered tapestry of the Rising Swan of Vornavis that covers the wall behind them. Banners bearing the coats-of-arms of knights in service to the barony hang from the railing of the second floor gallery that lines the other three sides of the Great Hall. Opposite the dais a pair of large fel doors, inlaid with gold scrolling, are set in the north wall. You also see the sparkling Nixlsplixt disk, the icy blue Chillwind disk, the Davrial disk, the Morelean disk, the Darkor disk, the black Simtarr disk, the Eilithyia disk, the Risky disk and an aged chamberlain.
Also here: Arua, Dgryphon, Nixlsplixt who is sitting, Divid, Chillwind, Maddison, Lady Allyxia who is sitting, Lady Sharman, Sylviana, Rainkiss who is sitting, Great Lord Cynric, Aiwendil who is sitting, Lord Sluggy, Alexiel, Lady Demietria, Whitefoote who is sitting, Bunnykins, Lady Kateerina, Lord Nindy, Hogwart, Kindral, Desorceri, Veilorb, Lord Fewen, Basteon, Lord Aethyrin, Lady Aleiyle, Azorack, Valakhan, Mekthros, Lord Ulial, Great Lord Taebaek, Archpain, Mystianna, Paole, Lord Lenius who is sitting, Great Lady Ffionia, Varsus, Journeyman Yukito who is sitting, High Lord Clintmire, Regwen, Risengunn, Jaibatsu who is sitting, Guarrin, Great Lord Thaxius, Thastien, Davrial, Frayser, Lord Lokirro who is sitting, Aust who is sitting, Trollbinder, Lord Hashum, Lady Azzreala, Great Lady Mythala, Lady Amioweil, Sinndel, Radeth, Nilandia, Zakarin, Raeyanii, Great Lord Klaive who is sitting, Peligrad, Great Lord Morelean, Naina who is sitting, Jacinto, Pelagio, Irksum, Murp, Thrassus, Jinnrui, Journeywoman Lihai who is sitting, Annerimae who is sitting, Copernicus who is sitting, Lord Vender, Drallen, Protius who is sitting, Bisco, Stahks, Koldeen who is sitting, Lord Tremson who is sitting, Lord Radeek, Lady Phever, Lord Galesmight, Lady Aysia, Drektor, Crio, Lord Xeniphite, Prospera who is sitting, Simtarr who is sitting, Great Lady Silversi who is sitting, Great Lord Darkor who is sitting, Technique, Tierus, Tsin, Boomsplat, Rinika, Bellelaide who is sitting, Lord Meshach, Angeliqe, Lady Zalexys, Klaser, Lady Jacina, Kinshack, Khandgar, Kabo, Lady Scheree, High Lord Atlanteax who is sitting, Radom, Landceal who is sitting, Lord Shonison who is sitting, High Lord Valicar, Eilithyia who is sitting, Eahlstan, Risky, Lady Rilven, Matti, Yarx, Kriztian, Xanith, Shirkon, Frorin, Falicor, High Lord Cemb, Lady Yviara, Pomic, Murgin, Morgiest, Marex, Orenda, Geijon, Shallimar, Cryheart, Great Lord Zimrahn, Tagari, Lady Kytaara, Tebon, Brinn, Lord Sothog who is sitting, Lord Dragolyn, Lady Roanna, Joter, Lady Witcheaven, Lord Elrodin who is sitting, Perigourd, Balugari, Kilthal, Tyraesa, Earl Eddric, Baron Dunrith who is sitting
Obvious paths: none

You see Earl Eddric.
He appears to be a Human from Hendor.
He appears to be past his prime and tall. He has pale blue eyes and tanned skin. He has receding, steel grey hair. He has a square-jawed face, a prominent nose and a short beard.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a blue plumed bascinet in his right hand.
He is wearing a crystal amulet, a silver-lined blue silk cloak, a silver-trimmed blue silk surcoat, a dwarven forged vultite hauberk, a gem-studded blue leather belt, an elegant blue leather scabbard, a silver-edged blue suede pouch, some leather-reinforced black worsted trousers, and some elegant black leather halfboots.

You see Baron Dunrith Malwind.
He appears to be a Half-Elf.
He appears to be stooped with age. He has green eyes and fair skin. He has receding, light brown hair.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a silver-edged blue pelican feather, a baronial coronet, a black cloak, a gold-trimmed burgundy doublet, a gold link belt, a gold-trimmed belt pouch, a gold-trimmed black leather scabbard, some gold and grey striped trousers, a pair of polished black boots, and a pair of golden spurs.

Dunrith says, "We hope to achieve a number of things by this evening's audience, first Ear Eddric and myself will explain our current stance regarding the situation with Jantalar."

Dunrith says, "Second, we will recognize and honor those present who have distinguished themselves during the course of this conflict."

Dunrith says, "First off, we are well aware of the status and location of Baron Hochstib's forces and military assets."

Dunrith says, "So I will let Earl Jovery present our stance, both as representatives of the Empire and as neighbors of Wehnimer's Landing."

Eddric says, "Speaking as the Northern Sentinel of the Empire, I must proclaim my shock at Baron Hochstib's continued disobedience to Imperial directives pertaining to the disposition of the mana disruption crystals."

Eddric says, "I am also dismayed by his lack of regard for imperial knights who reside in the port he has chosen to take control of."

Dunrith says, "Because of his actions, both myself and the Baron of Vornavis feel that we must mobilize military forces to effect a constraint upon Jantalar's actions."

Dunrith says, "Due to the number of individuals involved and the distances that, at least for Hendoran forces, are currently being traversed, those military forces will not be in a position to face Jantalar's troops until tomorrow evening."

Eddric says, "I believe that addresses the military situation in a rather narrow sense."

Eddric says, "The disposition of Baron Hochstib's crystals we will address specifically a bit later."

Eddric says, "At this time Baron Malwind has an issue to address to those knights who received their spurs at his hand over the past several years."

Dunrith says, "I would like to make clear that there is a distinction between those who have received their spurs at my hand versus those who have received them more recently by Earl Eddric."

Dunrith says, "The distinction matters for several reasons. Perhaps the foremost is that those knighted by myself were not sworn in any way to honor or defend the Empire."

Dunrith says, "But in foregoing that obligation, you also forego some status."

Dunrith says, "So those who were knighted by my hand, as knight errants - and who have chosen to maintain that status - at this time and during the upcoming month have the option of also taking the oath that Earl Eddric offers and so take on both the obligation to support the Empire and to be recognized as knights of it."

Eddric says, "It is because of this that such conflicts often see the elevation of those noteworthy to new status."

Eddric says, "Because of an unswerving demonstration of bravery and commitment to the cause undertaken, I would like to ask Lady Yviara to step forward and receive the spurs of knighthood at my hand."

(Yviara steps forward)

Eddric removes a basket-hilted vultite backsword from in his blue leather scabbard.

Eddric asks, "Do you swear to uphold the chivalric code, conducting yourself as a true knight, a living example of a warrior with honor, courage and generosity?"

Yviara says, "I do"

Eddric asks, "Do you promise to support the Empire and it's rightful ruler, never participating in nor supporting aggression against it nor its citizens?"

Yviara says, "I do"
Eddric asks, "and finally, do you swear to continue to protect those whom seek the protection of your arm and the generosity of your heart, those too weak to protect themselves, and the virtue of every pure lady whom you may encounter?"
>
Yviara says, "I do."

Eddric lightly taps Yviara with the blade of the backsword, first on her right shoulder and then on her left.

Eddric says, "Then I bestow upon you the status of Knight of the Empire. Arise, Dame Yviara."

(Yviara rises)

Dunrith removes a pair of golden spurs from in his black cloak.

Dunrith stands up.

Dunrith offers Yviara a pair of golden spurs.

Yviara accepts Dunrith's golden spurs.

Dunrith bows to Yviara.

Yviara curtsies to Dunrith.

Dunrith smiles.

Yviara curtsies to Eddric.

Eddric bows to Yviara.

Edit: (Eddric then does the same with Morgiest, Cryheart and Valicar. Valicar declines.)

Eddric says, "By way of a related honor, I would like to announce the elevation of Sirs Brinn, Sir Eahlstan and the soon-to-be Knight-Errant Sir Valicar. As recognized leaders who have been steadfast in providing direction and example to those who look to them in times of conflict, I hereby bestow on them the right to bear banners bearing their own charges and lead followers under those banners into the field of battle. "

Eddric says, "For those who may be unaccustomed to the term, such a knight is considered to be a Knight-banneret rather than a Knight-Errant."

Eddric says, "Please provide Baron Malwind with the necessary design information when you have had time to consider it."

Edit: (And there was much rejoicing and bowing.)

Eddric says, "Now on to less pleaant matters."

Eddric says, "The disposition of the Mestanir crystal was the focus of an intended raid by Vornavis forces back when they were at war with Jantalar."

Eddric says, "Because of the Emperor's directives, neither Hendoran nor Vornavian forces can support any move to destroy a crystal."

Eddric says, "Baron Malwind, I will let you explain what that will mean from your standpoint."

Dunrith says, "This means that the plans we had drawn up for the raid cannot be passed on to anyone, and the Jantalarian tabards we had constructed in order to pass as guards near the crystal cannot be given to anyone intending to use them in the destruction of a crystal."

Dunrith says, "Because of the time and effort involved so far, we have determined that rather than simply casting the tabards into the sea, we shall look for some worthy concern who can make use of such a surfeit of fabric."

Dunrith says, "If anyone knows of such an organization, please let me know."

Dunrith says, "Also, we have destroyed the written plans and diagrams that were drawn up for the raid. However, because the plans were intimately known to several of those in and about Vornavis...the Lady Talenni, Captain Kimrella, and the Captain of my guard, Gurbah, we ask that any and all please refrain from attempting to extract such information from then, either by plying them with strong drink or by appealing to their better natures."

Dunrith says, "Thank you."

Edit: (Then it was question answer period. First question out of the box, someone asked for the tabards so they could make roa'ter warmers? Here endith the log.)

Edit: (While editing Eddaric said this.)

Eddric says, "Oh, one other aspect of Empirial forces being involved in the fray as of tomorrow evening."

Eddric says, "We would ask that those citizens and forces normally engaged in combat be particularly careful not to attack Hendoran or Vornavian forces by mistake."

Eddric says, "In fact, if you decided to engage in some other activity elsewhere tomorrow evening it might prove safest, as the Jantalarian forces should be fully occupied by Empirial combatants."

Back
07-23-2003, 02:03 PM
Jantalarian Representative Extends Aid to Wehnimer's Landing 7/23/2003
GS3-STANDARD: This information is of interest to GemStone III Standard players.
Time: 8:00 PM EST

Location: Moot Hall in the recently freed city of Wehnimer's Landing

General Info: A representative of Good Baron Hochstib will arrive to dispense clothing, food, and medicine to the deserving townsfolk of Wehnimer's Landing. Ordlyn, elves, and insurrectionists need not apply, and risk arrest if they should cause a disturbance.

vigilante
07-23-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Backlash

General Info: A representative of Good Baron Hochstib will arrive to dispense clothing, food, and medicine to the deserving townsfolk of Wehnimer's Landing. Ordlyn, elves, and insurrectionists need not apply, and risk arrest if they should cause a disturbance.

Hmm, where did I store that scale-trapped strongbox?

Parkbandit
07-23-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by vigilante

Originally posted by Backlash

Hmm, where did I store that scale-trapped strongbox?

Hmm... sounds like fun...

I guess Falgrin's considered an insurrectionist because all the Jants take a swing at him.

This occupation is greatly hampering Falgrin's ability to make a living.. so while he's no 'hero'.. he certainly does have interests to protect.

Back
07-27-2003, 10:16 PM
From Simu Boards - Quests, Sagas & Events - War of Nations

Date: 7/27/2003 2:35:49 PM
Subj: Mestanir Strikes For Freedom

(All names of Mestanir citizens have been removed to protect them from potential reprisal by Jantalarian forces.)

Freedom from Jantalarian expansionism may be a step closer for the former barony of Mestanir. This week, in a daring display of bravado, inspired tactical performance, and an insatiable demand for freedom, forces in Mestanir destroyed the Mandis Crystal perched atop Koar's Hill amidst the Crown of Koar. Freedom fighters infiltrated the Jantalarian command in Mestanir and launched an attack that resulted in the utter destruction of the crystal. Residual Mandis effects remain in the region. It is unknown at this time whether the Mandis pollution in the region will be permanent, or will pass with time. It is hoped that the region will return to
normal soon.

In the attack, the Fist of Koar itself was toppled as it smashed the Mandis Crystal with the anger of a righteous god. The monument may have been damaged, but reports on damage vary. Some local citizens are dismayed at what this may mean. One citizen of Mestanir remarked, "...it is the guilt of bringing Mestanir's end on the wings of freedom that makes the pain so unbearable to me. Mestanir's new freedom will be a hollow victory, for the Fist of Koar is now naught but rubble. The pilgrimages will slow, the lives of the citizens will be changed, and the Mestanir of old will cease to be."

But the regional clergy, mystics, and clerics are more positive in their outlook, claiming the event is a clear sign of support from their god. "The Fist of Koar has smashed the evil Mandis Crystal, and brought magic back to our people. How much clearer can a portent be?" Indeed, word has spread that the Fist of Koar is now being referred to as "a living shrine" since the visible remains of the demolished wagon provide a graphic testimony to the power of Koar's anger in a town that is close to his heart.

Also expressed are fears that destruction of the Crystal will not be seen as the result of the negligence of Baron Hochstib, but instead due to the peoples of Mestanir, and a high price extracted by the Empire. Other, more optimistic citizens see it as a sure sign that Hochstib's days are numbered. "We'll have a picnic at his hangin', we will," remarked one widow in Mestanir. "That bastard has cost me my husband and four sons in his wars o' greed. We seen enough killin' and dyin' to last five lifetimes. Down with Hochstib! A pox upon him!" One certainty is that the destruction of the Crystal will force the hand of the Throne. The destruction of such a rare, powerful, and valuable artifact cannot be ignored.

While the immediate effects of the removal of the Crystal may be the return of magic to the area, the far greater effect is that it has become clear that the Crystals are not indestructible, and the soldiers guarding them are not infallible. This will doubtlessly inspire acts of resistance or even revolts in Mestanir, and perhaps even in Talador. In the west, Wehnimer's Landing is beset with Jantalarian troops bearing yet another Mandis Crystal. This event will do much to bolster their spirits, and perhaps give them ideas of how to throw down their oppressors before they have gained a sufficient foothold.

Perhaps coincidentally, at about the time the Crystal was destroyed, a visible dimming of the Comet overhead was observed. It is not known whether this effect was linked to the destruction of the Crystal or of the Fist. However, the timing of the dimming of the comet coinciding with the destruction event cannot easily be dismissed as happenstance. Some mystics believe that the dimming of the comet is a sign that Koar himself assisted in the strikes, diminishing the effects of the comet so that the raid could succeed. Other theories will no doubt surface in the coming weeks, months, and even years.

What is clear is that after this event, Mestanir will be forever changed. Some think the change will be for the better, as magic hopefully returns to the region, renewing a chance for the decade-old siege of the barony to end. Return of self-rule to Mestanir could signal a new age of magical research for the region famed for powerful and unconventional mages. Will Mestanir find ways to work in line with House Kestrel and under the Northern Sentinel to forward magic study within the Empire? Some think the change is for the worse, with political repercussions for the Empire and religious repercussions for the followers of Koar.

"For now, I sit on the boulder staring at the Cascade of Tears. Remembering old losses and old gains, and things that are gone and will never be again," lamented one citizen. But almost all agree, nearly any fate is better than remaining under the hobnailed boot of Jantalarian oppression and the restriction of the freedom of self-determination that accompanies enemy occupation. The general consensus is that Mestanir may soon become free from Jantalarian occupation and returned to barony status within the Empire.

What will be the role of the new Mestanir in the Empire? What will she do with her freedom?

Parkbandit
07-28-2003, 09:50 AM
Found out that if you go to the glacier and back, you are forgotten by the Jants as someone to attack.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-28-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Found out that if you go to the glacier and back, you are forgotten by the Jants as someone to attack.

They also forget you if you die.

Bobmuhthol
07-28-2003, 03:25 PM
Parkbandit, you're a great poet. Keep up the good work.

Parkbandit
07-28-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage

Originally posted by Parkbandit

They also forget you if you die.

This definately wasn't true for me... I've died there 4 or 5 times so far.. and they always attack me first when I come back.

Parkbandit
07-28-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Parkbandit, you're a great poet. Keep up the good work.

Does Bobmuhthol and hole rhyme? :smug:

How do you pronounce your name?

:bouncy:

Bobmuhthol
07-28-2003, 04:21 PM
Bob. Muh. Thol.

A lot of people pronounce it with a Moo sound. The H is there for a reason. It softens the U, making it sound like mud. Thol is also a soft sound. pronounced like Thahl.

Zentoph
07-28-2003, 10:21 PM
You hear a sharp cry of, "Fall back! To Icemule! If we can't have this town then we'll take hold of the frigid north!" Shortly after, you hear a large amount of boots upon the ground marching steadily off into the distance.

Oh. The Mandis Crystal was destroyed, there are shards in everyroom of the town.

-Soroth

Back
07-30-2003, 12:48 PM
An aged chamberlain just arrived.
>
An aged chamberlain bows.
>
You wave to the aged chamberlain.
>
Dressed in the dark green livery of Vornavis, the chamberlain appears to have been at his station for quite a while. His sagging cheeks and wrinkled skin give him an aged, almost stressed appearance, and he leans heavily on a white-capped green staff.
You ask, "Good evening sir. What brings you to our quaint town?"
>
An aged chamberlain says, "I am here to announce that a public audience has been scheduled for two days hence at 9:00 empirial time in the evening."

2 days from now, 9pm eastern, Solhaven North Market. Be there!

This was posted on the 29th by Januz, so figure Thurday night at 9pm EST.