PDA

View Full Version : Cleric from GS3... need some help.

Dystopia
10-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Hey everyone.

So, I've restored some old toons. The only ones that were able to be saved were low level - so, in my best interest, I'm multi-accounting a wizard and a cleric. Seems fun, so far.

My 30 day period isn't over yet and started when both characters were ~15.

This is what I've got now, and am starting to wonder what is in store for me. My goal, as a Faendryl Dark Elf, is to not to be the rescuer type. Raise by necessity.

I'm really liking bolting, and I guess I'm more of a "Wizard Cleric"? if that makes any sense. 301 and 306 are great, 111 is really fun, etc. Wands are no issue because of my wizard and the toons were restored with gear from a very long time ago.

My problem is: I can't really do this forever, can I? Am I better off now going with shield, .5x brawling, and open-handed 302? Use Voln-Fu and 302 as primary, wands as secondary?

I've yet to run into anyone that's doing what I'm doing, so by ratiocination, I must be doing something wrong. Been doing this and pumped my stats disgustingly high for bolt AS and exp absorption.

I haven't done any lores yet because I haven't run into any.

Is there any possible way to survive as open-handed shield for 302 *and* bolt with 306 or wands at the same time?

(at level 17), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Physical Fitness...................| 82 18
Arcane Symbols.....................| 128 34
Magic Item Use.....................| 132 36
Spell Aiming.......................| 136 38
Harness Power......................| 136 38
Spirit Mana Control................| 86 19
Perception.........................| 82 18
Climbing...........................| 25 5
Swimming...........................| 25 5
First Aid..........................| 82 18

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 3

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 17

Spell Lists
Cleric.............................| 18

Thanks for any input; and yeah, I know, I should be using MjS for the +40 AS. Am fixing that now.

Thanks, from an old adventurer,

Dystopia

Mikalmas
10-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Short form of the answer, yes, Bolting will be viable for you for a very long time. It's not until post-70 that it starts really falling apart for clerics. As a matter of fact, through 40ish you'll actually excel at it. Either way, you'll have a fixskills long before it becomes unviable, we get one every year in May now, so you can adjust your training path accordingly.

I think if you're having fun with your build, stick with it til its not fun anymore. The annual fixskills has really helped because you're not stuck eternally in a training path anymore, so you can do what works best according to your level range.

Mikalmas
10-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Oh, and opinions will vary on this, but if you're going to bolt, I'd definitely go the runestaff route instead of a shield.

Dystopia
10-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Wow, thanks for the quick response.

I'm really just worried 302 is going to screw me later on. My CS is awfully low, it's 104 at 17... but I'm also hunting undead with heavy armors so the CvA doesn't help at all.

I've got two stat reallocations, don't think I'm ever going to make it over 50. Just wondering what you'd suggest as a Dark Elf?

I'm looking at a spreadsheet right now... I really don't think I'll even hit 50 by May anyhow. Maybe 40... maybe.

STR 65
CON 55 (-5 Racial)
DEX 80 (+10 Racial)
AGL 55 (+5 Racial)
DIS 70 (-10 Racial) --- I think I need to make this higher.
AUR 75 (+10 Racial)
LOG 75
INT 75 (+5 Racial)
WIS 85 (+5 Racial)
INF 25 (-5 Racial)

Jace Solo
10-06-2009, 01:41 PM
why not move 5 from INF and put that in your DIS if you're worried about it.

I don't see why you'd waste any points in INF

Dystopia
10-06-2009, 01:43 PM
All in all, though, that'd be decent stats for a pure casting cleric?

302 isn't going to suck that badly with a runestaff in my right hand?

phantasm
10-06-2009, 02:38 PM
What about religion lore for increased 302 infusions.