PDA

View Full Version : 302 with Neutral Diety?

Scarlyle
10-05-2009, 10:59 AM
I was thinking of CONVERTing to follow Gosaena which is listed as one of the two neutral Arkati. How would this affect my Smite/Bane spell?

Gelston
10-05-2009, 12:19 PM
I believe you'd get the weaker version of both smite and bane.

Asrial
10-06-2009, 05:09 AM
I don't think this is true but I have no proof either.

My thoughts are that you'd get the regular version of smite but no bane.

Asha
10-06-2009, 06:14 AM
You get the blue, boring waste of time version.

Mikalmas
10-06-2009, 01:15 PM
I don't think this is true but I have no proof either.

My thoughts are that you'd get the regular version of smite but no bane.

Actually, being converted to Gosaena, I can say with certainty that Gosaena grants the regular version of Bane, and the weakened smite, as with any bane deity. :)

And to clarify, when you use CONVERT LIST, all the deities in the top of the list grant smite, all the deities in the bottom of the list grant bane. Its MOSTLY pantheon aligned, with a couple of exceptions (Fash'lo'nae, Charl for example). As long as you're converted to one of the actual deities, you'll get one of the full strength spells, only unaligned/other aligned (as far as I know) get a weakened version.

M

Asrial
10-09-2009, 12:59 AM
For sure unaligned (me) get a full strength smite but NO bane (we get the old "aura" message).

Rockslyde
08-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Isn't Zelia a neutral diety?

Asha
08-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Pantheon of Liabo
· Charl
· Cholen
· Eonak
· Imaera
· Jastev
· Kai
· Koar
· Lorminstra
· Lumnis
· Oleani
· Phoen
· Ronan
· Tonis

The pantheon of Liabo is considered "good" or "light" and consists almost exclusively of Arkati that work towards the betterment of the lesser races. Those Arkati considered "of Liabo" viewed the other races as a trust given to them, and appointed themselves the caretakers of Elanthia.
Pantheon of Neutrality
· Gosaena
· Zelia

There are a few Arkati who do not fit into either Liabo or Lornon. They instead remain a relative neutral, working towards their own designs with varying regard for the lesser races.
Pantheon of Lornon
· Andelas
· Eorgina
· Fash'lo'nae
· Ivas
· Luukos
· Marlu
· Mularos
· Sheru
· V'tull

The pantheon of Lornon is considered "evil" or "dark" and consists almost exclusively of Arkati that work towards the betterment of themselves. Those Arkati considered "of Lornon" viewed the other races as playthings, food, or worse, and considered Elanthia a stage for their own desires.
Lesser Spirits & Other Immortals
· Aeia
· Amasalen
· Arachne
· The Huntress
· Illoke
· Jaston
· Khaarne
· Kuon
· Laethe
· Leya
· Meyno
· Niima
· Onar
· Tilamaire
· Voaris
· Voln

There are a number of beings that, while they are not Arkati or are not Arkati of the main pantheons, are worshipped all the same. Their motivations and stories vary wildly, as do their allegiances to good or evil.

Donquix
08-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Actually, being converted to Gosaena, I can say with certainty that Gosaena grants the regular version of Bane, and the weakened smite, as with any bane deity. :)

And to clarify, when you use CONVERT LIST, all the deities in the top of the list grant smite, all the deities in the bottom of the list grant bane. Its MOSTLY pantheon aligned, with a couple of exceptions (Fash'lo'nae, Charl for example). As long as you're converted to one of the actual deities, you'll get one of the full strength spells, only unaligned/other aligned (as far as I know) get a weakened version.

M

hence when bane/smite was added, suddenly the number of gos and charl worshipers increased by a factor of over 9000

Exaalark
08-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Outside of Bane/Smite, are there other advantages or disadvantages to each Diety?

Fallen
08-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Outside of Bane/Smite, are there other advantages or disadvantages to each Diety?

Damage types for certain spells, such as slash versus plasma.

Exaalark
08-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Forgive my inexperience, as my Cleric is only level 8. I read that at later levels, melee Clerics AS are too low to make them effective swingers. So as a pure caster, is there a 'best' choice between Smite and Bane?

If I pick Bane, does that remove my ability to hunt undead? Conversely, if I pick Smite, am I limited at hunting the living?

Is Holy Bolt sufficient in itself to hunt undead?... making Bane the way to go?

On the surface, it seems that picking between Smite and Bane determines what you'll hunt exclusively.

Drakefang
08-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Not really. It is just a matter of mana expenditure. My cleric is a voln/smite cleric but does living bounties often enough and it just costs double the mana, which is still negligible. The real expenditures are 312, 317 and 319. It's pricey at level 8 to cast against living (or dead if you are bane) but just stick to undead/living until level 15 or so.

Holy bolt works or it wouldn't exist but it is triple the mana cost of smite. I think the expense of 2x SA isn't worth it, though. I hear good things about web bolts, though. If I was a bolting cleric I would stock up on wizard wands as often as possible.

Exaalark
08-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Thanks Drake... good to know it balances out somewhat anyways. I plan on keep my OHB/Shield until its no longer effective I think, so I have a way to go.