PDA

View Full Version : Maneuver system still broken, badly programmed

RevenantG
10-03-2009, 09:43 AM
WTF did I train max CM and dodge for?

You feel a rumble come from beneath your feet.
The ground begins to shiver slightly, casting thin ripples across the landscape. As the protuberances increase in intensity, an enormous rift crawler launches to the surface from within! The crawler's massive maw lies agape, its glistening obsidian teeth gnashing at everything in their path!
A brief flash of teeth and shadow is all you are able to perceive before you are caught in the path of the crawler's deadly jaws!
... 30 points of damage!
Gruesome slash opens your forehead!
Grey matter spills forth!

You feel a rumble come from beneath your feet.
The ground begins to shiver slightly, casting thin ripples across the landscape. As the protuberances increase in intensity, an enormous rift crawler launches to the surface from within! The crawler's massive maw lies agape, its glistening obsidian teeth gnashing at everything in their path!
A brief flash of teeth and shadow is all you are able to perceive before you are caught in the path of the crawler's deadly jaws!
>sw
... 60 points of damage!
Slash to your lower back!
Kidneys sliced and diced!
Death is slow and painful.

overall about a 33% crit chance. Just thought I would complain a little.

Tilnam
10-03-2009, 11:25 AM
I always thought this was the worst programmed maneuver system I had ever seen. If you are max dex/agi and have max training in dodging and CM, the only way that anything your level should hit you is if you critically fail, aka roll a "1", and even then it shouldn't instant kill you ever.

One of the reasons I quit. I made my character to be a very very agile hard to hit rogue, yet it never was the case thanks to the crappy maneuver system.

grenthor
10-03-2009, 11:37 AM
I always thought this was the worst programmed maneuver system I had ever seen. If you are max dex/agi and have max training in dodging and CM, the only way that anything your level should hit you is if you critically fail, aka roll a "1", and even then it shouldn't instant kill you ever.

One of the reasons I quit. I made my character to be a very very agile hard to hit rogue, yet it never was the case thanks to the crappy maneuver system.

lol you might want to go play this it will make you happier http://progressquest.com/

Gelston
10-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Aren't those things level 103 on average?

StrayRogue
10-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Dodge doesn't effect maneuvers.

SolitareConfinement
10-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Dodge doesn't effect maneuvers.

not to mention they are bitching about the maneuvers of an area that until it got its actual name was only known as "the 110 area"

lulz

peam
10-03-2009, 02:12 PM
http://progressquest.com/

Hilarious.

Belnia
10-03-2009, 05:40 PM
I love Progress Quest. I had a high level Demi-Canadian Hunter/Strangler and it was always fun to watch.

septus
10-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Wonder if Roa'ter based creatures still have the warrior/rogue dodge bonus coded into the maneuver. I had to be incredibly loaded down to get hit by a roa'ter when I used to hunt them as a Rogue.

Belnia
10-03-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm guessing that bonus went away when roa'ters got BCS'd a while back and got that "om nom nom" maneuver where they swallow you.

Drew
10-04-2009, 01:42 AM
Max PT not dodge.