PDA

View Full Version : Jerky Knife!

Loagan
10-01-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm looking for the skinning knife that makes jerky.

Last one I saw was:
a razor-sharp skinning knife with a yellowed bone hilt

Anyone have one lying around they don't use? I'm wanting to add some extra RP to my character. Thanks.

LMingrone
10-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Kinda on topic. I bought some of the best beef jerky ever yesterday at the Big E. That is all.

Loagan
10-01-2009, 02:44 PM
anyone?

BriarFox
10-01-2009, 02:49 PM
I don't know of any jerky knives except for the skinning bonus knives. None of those have been on the market in a long time, and even if they were, they'll go for 150m or so, depending on which knife it is.

WRoss
10-01-2009, 03:11 PM
I know someone who has one. I'll direct em to this post, but its up to them to respond.

diethx
10-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Kinda on topic. I bought some of the best beef jerky ever yesterday at the Big E. That is all.

I love Pemmican brand teriyaki. But the only place around here i've found that sells it is Fry's and that's like an hour away. And it's a fucking electronics store, wtf?

Methais
10-01-2009, 05:28 PM
I don't know of any jerky knives except for the skinning bonus knives. None of those have been on the market in a long time, and even if they were, they'll go for 150m or so, depending on which knife it is.

I never understood why they went for such an obscene amount. The jerky doesn't do anything for you, and even if the skinning bonus gave you a perfect skin on anything all the time, it'd still take like 472038472309 years to recover the 150m in skins.

Am I missing something here? Or is the price just for one's e-genitalia?

StrayRogue
10-01-2009, 05:41 PM
I agree. I made 100 mil in 6 months without one. Just needed to underhunt and be trained correctly.

BriarFox
10-01-2009, 05:45 PM
You don't lose money buying skinning knives. You can sell them for what you paid if you choose to get rid of them.

Methais
10-01-2009, 05:51 PM
You don't lose money buying skinning knives. You can sell them for what you paid if you choose to get rid of them.

Nobody ever mentioned losing money. I just don't see it as a real moneymaking item due to the gigantic initial investment.

And yes I realize that technically you could buy it for 150m, skin 1 rat, then resell it for 150m and call it a moneymaker.

Ardwen
10-01-2009, 06:21 PM
One of the skinning knives, I forget which and am not looking for the notes, allows a totally untrained person to skin about as well as an expert empath or ranger for a good spell I was making 50k a fry hunting on the moon.

Methais
10-01-2009, 06:25 PM
One of the skinning knives, I forget which and am not looking for the notes, allows a totally untrained person to skin about as well as an expert empath or ranger for a good spell I was making 50k a fry hunting on the moon.

2,999 more fries and you'll break even!

BriarFox
10-01-2009, 06:26 PM

Yah, that's probably the one I know about that lets you skin with no skill as if you were max skilled and had 604 up. Fairly sure I know where it is, but the fellow's not going to sell it.

StrayRogue
10-01-2009, 06:36 PM

That at least is worth it, because you're saving the tp's. Otherwise it's just a bit of a lame investment.

Ardwen
10-01-2009, 06:54 PM
It sold with the skinning gloves for something like 250 million anyway, unless its been changed/corrected/nerfed it also let you work around stuff like needing drake to skin kings etc.

Methais
10-01-2009, 06:57 PM
It sold with the skinning gloves for something like 250 million anyway,

Wouldn't adding the skinning gloves be severe overkill with that knife, to the point where the gloves would be a total waste?

Ardwen
10-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Perfect skins every time, with zero training. not sure about waste, but overkill indeed, the rich have odd quirks.

BriarFox
10-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah, it's kind of one of those things where you go, "I've got great armor, great weapons, great other toys, and I can't get the couple of toys I don't have because people won't sell them to me, so what the hell, I'll buy a skinning knife."

Ardwen
10-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Could be worse could have spent the money on a piece of granite....

Stunseed
10-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Could be worse could have spent the money on a piece of granite....

Or a parrot statue. :(

Belnia
10-01-2009, 08:01 PM
I should have upped the minimum bid on that bird :(

Drunken Durfin
10-01-2009, 10:55 PM
I had the jerky making cleaver for some time. I paid a huge amount for it, and sold it for the same huge amount when I unloaded it. But, with my training, it really did not do anything for me. I didn't buy it to save TPs or to try and become a bazillionare with it, or to wave my e-peen around. I just wanted it.

After a while, dealing with all that effing jerkey got to be a real pain in the ass. Although, I have used up my supply of stone jerkey from skinning stone mastiffs and kind of miss being a rockbiter dwarf. If anyone with one of the knives wants to make me a sack full I would love a refill.

Loagan
10-02-2009, 03:09 PM
I love how this thread just went on forever. Thanks for the insight on the knife guys. Respect.