PDA

View Full Version : Shield Question

Nystin
09-30-2009, 08:13 PM
I have been reading up on some builds, and was trying to make some extra available points by trimming shield use to 1.5 per lvl. how much will I be loosing from 1.5x to 2x per lvl?
My current plan at lvl 12
3x Armor (till 150 then reduce this to what? 1 or 2 x)
2x OHB
1.5 Shield
1.5 Health
1x MOC
.25-.50 CM
1x spell
.6 HP
climb, swim, perception when possible
I do have three ranks of blessing lore for guiding light flares.
He is a Giantman, all his stats are set for cap, now I only want to make sure Im not hurting anything with this build, so far it is working great. I just need some words of wisdom.

deadly
09-30-2009, 08:19 PM
(at level 19), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 140 40
Shield Use.........................| 140 40
Combat Maneuvers...................| 108 26
Blunt Weapons......................| 142 42
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 74 16
Physical Fitness...................| 108 26
Harness Power......................| 86 19
Spirit Mana Control................| 54 11
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 25 5
Climbing...........................| 70 15
Swimming...........................| 50 10

Spell Lists
Paladin............................| 19

this is what I did with my pally works great.

hes my new pally I have a capped pally as well.

Jace Solo
10-14-2009, 09:43 AM
I honestly don't think you'll see too much of a difference.

Also, at 12 you're probably still within your 30 days. Go THW and cleave yourway through another 5 levels or so before times up.

I set mine for growth and wish I had put a little more time in prior to the month being up for punching through those first 20 levels...he's just now getting to where I feel really comfortable with his stats at 30. But I was fresh back in after just getting around to coming back after 5 years.

His build right now is 2x shield, max OHE, 1hp/spells, 2x PF, 1.5 CMan, 5 climb, 3 swim, 20 perception and of course 3x armor...off the top of my head. The 20 perception was to get into Kiramon in Darkstone.

Without burning my fix skill I'm going to stop training shield and PF until they're more like 1x and I'm in full plate+2x cman for aimed shots. Then eventually 1x in dodge as well. I'm sure I'll get there and then fix skill into THW assuming nothing changes drastically over the next few months.

I really should be paying attention to this presentation about research corrolation and what not...oh well.