PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Track

AnticorRifling
09-30-2009, 07:51 AM
I've decided that now that my boys are 3 and things are settling into a more standard routine it's time to get back into the gym and get big again. This time, however, I'm going to be adding some supplements and protein. I'm also going to start adjusting my diet (used to just eat whatever because I was putting on mass so I was happy that mentality is called "dirty bulk") because I want to see clean gains and I want to shed some poundage.

Workout is going to be a three day split with a rest day in between. Rest day just means no real push/pull I'll still probably hit some cardio on the rest days. More than anything I'm going for size again so I'm going to work back towards bigger lifts with no more than 10 reps.

Stats:

5'10 260lbs 38" waist (That needs to come down I'm not going to be buying fat man pants damnit).

I put on a lot of bad weight during the wife's pregnancy and when I stopped going to the gym to take care of her and the boys it compounded.

AnticorRifling
09-30-2009, 07:52 AM
Crashed early last night, got a lot of sleep. Got up at 4am to hit the gym and felt awesome.

To clarify the numbers are (weight)x(reps)x(sets if > 1) Dumbells are obviously weight per hand

Chest:

Dumbell Bench Press:
45x10
65x10x2
70x8

Decline Bench Press:
155x10
165x8x2

Butterflies (machine):
130x10
140x8
145x8

Triceps:

Tricep Press:

135x10
142.5x10 (No idea why the machine goes up by 7.5 lbs...)
150x10

CGBP (Added this in per suggestion here, haven't done it in forever so I picked a weight and it was way too low I'll adjust accordingly next time)

65x10
85x10
105x10

Abs and 10min of cardio. ~ I really need to up my cardio I'll probably hit the eliptical at home tonight for a longer session.

I think I should have added a third tricep exercise but I'm feeling nice and tight right now so maybe that third would have been a touch of overkill and being freshly back into the weights I don't think overkill is what I'm after.

I actually notice a difference now when I take my pre workout supplement. Before when I was lifting I took nothing, this time I decided let's try some protein, a multi vitamin, and a pre workout. It's night and day.

I'm using GNC mega man muliti vitamin, the GNC AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60protein (needs a longer name in my opinion....), and my pre workout is Ragnarok by Millennium Sport Technologies.

Over all the protein seems good, it's expensive at almost 60 bucks for 3lbs tub. The chocolate tastes decent as far as protein goes, it mixes easy in water and so far I've had zero complaints. My workout partner is trying the strawberry and he says it tastes like a dirty foot covered in schmuckers so I'd avoid that. Overall everything I've read says this is very solid protein and worth the money. Time will tell, I'll give it a few tubs worth before deciding if I stick with it or if I need to look for something else.

The prework is around $30 for a 1.3lbs container. Taste...let's be honest its a prework you're not going for taste, but that being said it doesn't make you gag. I got the "warrior melon" flavor (whoever names crap like this needs kicked in the taint). It tastes like someone put a piece of watermelon bubblegum in water and let it soak overnight and that's what you get to drink. Mixes great though and so far I do feel like I get a good burst of energy and solid pumps. No shakes, no crash. Side effects...first few times I took it I got a great case of mud butt, now no issues.

Sean of the Thread
09-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Damn 38 waist is my skinny man size now days. Well sorta they fall off without a belt. More of a 35/36 now. When I was 5' 10"255 lbs I was in 44 and and 42's ffs.

Anyways I too have the time and motivation to start a program again So I'm going to follow along on your journal. Gotta work on a nutrition plan as well.

I'm Currently 5' 10" 180lbs

Damn Wayne this part won't be for long will it? I guess good to start out to loosen up to body for a bit.

"Dumbell Bench Press:
45x10
65x10x2
70x8 "

Also what do you plan on doing for stretching before hand? I need help in that area I'm an old man now.

StrayRogue
09-30-2009, 12:49 PM
I've decided that now that my boys are 3 and things are settling into a more standard routine it's time to get back into the gym and get big again.

Wow. I remember when they were born. Time flies.

Danical
09-30-2009, 01:08 PM
RE: Stretching. I get two 5lb weights and warm my rotators up before doing any chest exercises. The last thing I want is to tear my rotator cuff . . . again.

RE: Pre/During/Post workout supplementation - You should never have more than 8% solid to liquid content in a drink; that's generally not a problem. Obviously, with a pre/during workout drink you'll want sustained energy for 45 minutes to an hour depending. I decided to do research into the different brands of post workout supplementation and I found the research indicates you want a massive insulin spike for muscle regeneration which most people know as the "power hour," and people generally ingest solids during this time; liquid nutrition is best during this period. What this means for supplementation is this: sugar boosts insulin levels but every protein on the market isn't absorbed at the same time as the sugar; usually 1-2 hours later. There IS one type of protein (hydrolysate - tastes like unholy ass, seriously it even has a warning on the label) which is the most broken down protein chains and is absorbed at the same time as the simple sugar (dextrose or maltodextrin). When you combine these two you'll get something like 4 times the insulin spike. Couple the simple sugar and protein hydrolysate with a serving or two of BCAAs and that's literally the best workout drink out there. Buy the ingredients separately and mix in a tub; store with a funnel to drop in your shaker. Hydrolysate bought premixed generally isn't high quality and isn't pure (mixed with whey concentrates or isolates). The hydrolysate is expensive but if you're mixing all the ingredients yourself, you save money and generally break even.

The breakdown is as such:
Dextrose: 0.8 grams per kilogram of body weight.
Hydrosylate: 0.4 grams per kilogram of body weight.
BCAAs: 5-10 grams.

I've tried all the major pre/post workout drinks and I've found massive difference using the above workout drink. Most of the branded supplementation drinks are more marketing than science.

I've also got a pdf I scanned of Precision Nutrition which I find is superior to the P90x nutritional guide. I should be able to upload it to you via AIM.

AnticorRifling
09-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Damn 38 waist is my skinny man size now days. Well sorta they fall off without a belt. More of a 35/36 now. When I was 5' 10"255 lbs I was in 44 and and 42's ffs.

Anyways I too have the time and motivation to start a program again So I'm going to follow along on your journal. Gotta work on a nutrition plan as well.

I'm Currently 5' 10" 180lbs

Damn Wayne this part won't be for long will it? I guess good to start out to loosen up to body for a bit.

"Dumbell Bench Press:
45x10
65x10x2
70x8 "

Also what do you plan on doing for stretching before hand? I need help in that area I'm an old man now.

Yeah the weight will go up pretty fast. I'm smart enough now to realize I don't need to overdo it. I've never really done dumbell bench I was always a barbell guy so I had no idea where I was or where I should start. First set of the first exercise is always a low weight wake up so that's the 45s.

As for stretching I just give myself plenty of time to stretch before I start. Simple, slow stretches on the body part I'm about to punish. Once I feel good and loose I hit it.

Danical
09-30-2009, 01:14 PM
I'd recommend doing close-grip bench press before doing triceps press as it's a compound exercise unless you're going for a non-superset pre-fatigue or something.

Don't go too hard and get injured in your first week. /Captain Obvious

4a6c1
09-30-2009, 04:20 PM
blah blah dirty bulk blah blah

:)

AnticorRifling
09-30-2009, 07:47 PM
:) I said I'm not doing dirty bulk you strumpet!

Also cardio can suck my ass I've hated it ever since I got the bones cut out of my foot. I did a 20m kick your ass and tell you you're ugly session.

Loagan
10-01-2009, 11:08 AM
I always do a 20min cardio session on the eliptical before I hit the weights. I would rather do a straight hour of weights (to maximize my muscle glucose) and then do cardio, but I don't have the time that I want.

On that note I'm back from my hiatus of not going to the gym as well.

Stats:
6'2, 210lbs (was 230lbs at the beginning of the year)

AnticorRifling
10-02-2009, 08:32 AM
This morning was supposed to be back and biceps. Woke up at 4 like normal but then said hey my bag is packed, my lunch is packed, my work clothes are ready to go I can hit snooze.....an hour later I woke up. So I got 30min of cardio, at least it's something. I'm gonna try and hit the gym tonight before going to see Zombieland.

Loagan
10-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Good job bro, and your right, at least it is something. I managed to pump out a 20min elliptical session, and a forty minute shoulder session today. Keep up the hardcore attitude. I love this thread.

droit
10-02-2009, 03:31 PM
If your feet are bothering you, rowing machines offer excellent low impact cardio.

AnticorRifling
10-05-2009, 08:06 AM
If your feet are bothering you, rowing machines offer excellent low impact cardio.
Not feet, foot. Got bones cut out of my right foot (the reason I couldn't stay in the Corps). I just live with it, I've got brothers in arms that are worse off.

AnticorRifling
10-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Did back and biceps this morning, I don't think I'll be able to sit at my desk more than 15m at a time without a stretch my back is that freakin tight.

Back:

Seated rows:

100x10 (warmup)
120x10
135x10
140x8

T-Bar
120x8
130x8
135x8

SLDL:
185x8
205x8
225x6

Biceps:

Preacer Curl
45x10
55x8
65x6 <-- Struggled on these had to pause for to get the last rep clean

Hammer Curls:
35x8
35x8 (was feeling absolutely spent but I wanted a third set so I dropped weight)
25x8

Cable Curls focused on negatives:
25x10
30x8
30x8

15min on the eliptical, take care of the 3 S's and now a full day of fixing customer issues. I will probably shoot for another cardio session when I get home.

** Note ** Biceps are, by far, my least favorite body part to work. I hate them. If I had it my way when it was time to do biceps I'd lift something else. I'm pretty sure everyone who lifts has a body part like that. My lifting partner hates doing legs so the trade off is he gets to make fun of me on bicep day and I laugh at him during leg workouts.

AnticorRifling
10-05-2009, 08:47 AM
Eats for the day (10/5):

Meal 1:
Prework out and a nutragrain bar (just to put something in the tank) and a multi vitamin

Meal 2:
Postwork out 60g protein

Meal 3:
Yogurt and some oats

Meal 4:
2 bratwurst (not ideal for clean eating but I had them in the fridge)
Probably a piece of fruit if I can find one around the office...

Meal 5:
Yogurt and some oats

Meal 6:
No idea what the wife is cooking

Meal 7:
Cottage cheese and a multi vitamin

I'm shooting for 1+ gallon of water which might be a bit low I'll see how I feel when I wake up tomorrow.

Jace Solo
10-05-2009, 09:29 AM
60 grams of protein is a lot. The average human body can take no more than 40 at any given time. You'll piss most of that out too.

I'm a weight lifting instructor at Florida State University.

Just thought I'd chime in and offer support or help should you want any. You're headed in the right direction but that snooze button is your worst enemy...tape over it.

Also, you never need to lift more than your own body weight for anything but legs...even then, you don't NEED to. It's that ego that gets you in trouble. I've torn both shoulders being a macho man benching almost double my body weight.

Right now, I'm 5'10" 170. I'm not huge but I don't wanna be, I happy with my size, I just need to trim 5 pounds so you can see the bottom half of my abs, I think that'll put me back under double digits BF%, and I'm good to go. It's tough though to go through Masters Classes all day, teach classes in the gym, work another 20+ hour job and still have time to do an effective gym schedule whilest not taking away from the ones I'm teaching.

Oh ya, and 6-8 hrs of GS...and another 2+ on the boards.

Anyway, if you guys need anything. Let me know, I'll do whatever I can.

Great job getting started!

4a6c1
10-06-2009, 12:45 AM
Eats for the day (10/5):

Meal 6:
No idea what the wife is cooking

See that. I hate when people I live with cook. It throws everything off. And homecooked southern meals are the enemy.

AnticorRifling
10-06-2009, 08:38 AM
See that. I hate when people I live with cook. It throws everything off. And homecooked southern meals are the enemy.

Yeah my wife is 100 pounds if she's soaking wet and holding on to a brick. She is an amazing cook and my mortal enemy when it comes to meals.

What was meal six yesterday you ask... Buttermilk and apple pancakes, and bacon.

Loagan
10-07-2009, 04:33 AM
Tuesday Oct 6

20min elliptical, biceps, and triceps. Ab workouts in between sets.

been sneaking chocolate and need to stop..

Danical
10-07-2009, 04:55 AM
DID YOU GET MY EMAIL?

AnticorRifling
10-07-2009, 07:38 AM
Wed Oct 7, 2009

Chest:

Flat Bench (I found my old pyramid chart that I used to do in the Corps. It worked well for me then and I saw good gains so I thought I'd give it another go. Wasn't sure where I was at so I low balled and assumed 1 rep max of 205 to give me a starting point. The idea is you stay at one range until you complete every rep clean and then move to the next. I will be moving next week)

135x10 warm up
140x10
150x8
160x5
170x3
180x1x3
155x5

Incline DBs
45x8
55x8
70x6 <--- Needed my spot to clean the last two

Cable Flies
35x8x2
42.5x6

Triceps:

CGBP
100x8
105x8
115x8

Skull Crusker/French Press
65x8x2
75x8

Tricep Press (To be honest I had nothing left before I started these I isolated one side at a time just to get some work in, partner didn't even try)
25x8x2
30x6

AnticorRifling
10-07-2009, 07:42 AM
DID YOU GET MY EMAIL?

I GOT YOUR EMAIL THANK YOU!

Danical
10-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Yay! Lemme know what you think.

Sean of the Thread
10-07-2009, 03:36 PM
While we're on the subject and you seem to have the info...

Since I've quit drinking I'm craving sweets and carbs big time.

Maybe email me a nutritional plan if possible. I'm almost matching Wayne on his workout.

5'10" 185lbs (varies 5 or so lbs a day not counting shits I don't get it but anyways)

I was also a nice plumb 255ish about a year ago but I need to start eating right to go with my new workout. I've got myself dizzy a few times.

I'm on lopressor and Librium prescription wise (also clonidine however I never take it unless BP is through the roof)

AnticorRifling
10-07-2009, 03:55 PM
I can email you a copy. I can also send you my lifting table (for pyramids) if you want it, I really think it's a great table and I loved the gains I got with it when I used it back in the Corps.

Sean of the Thread
10-07-2009, 04:12 PM
I used the pyramid back in the day but I was a leaner PT guy who competed in the runs, pull ups and situps (and of course rifle team) so bulk was my thing back in the day.

Throwing up 103 pull ups and 93ish situps in two minutes (I know it sucks) and a nice run time wasn't conducive to bulk. Now I'm looking for the bulk.

Feel free to pm/email what you got.

Asha
10-07-2009, 04:47 PM
How's the arm Sean?

AestheticDeath
10-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Hey, if anyone (Danical, Anticor, anyone else?) feels like emailing me some info I'd appreciate it.

AestheticDeath@aol.com

I bought a years sub to the local Golds, and quit not two months in because I wasn't changing my diet and foresaw no realistic gains without changing it. Wouldn't mind getting back into it though.

Sean of the Thread
10-07-2009, 05:54 PM
How's the arm Sean?

According to the doctor offices and MRI's etc just fine. It's still a bit weak and painful but otherwise functional just fine.

Asha
10-07-2009, 06:10 PM
That would fuck up my entire routine.
Hope it sorts out, mate.

Geijon Khyree
10-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Stats: 6"2, 213-218 ranging. Waist: 36, it feels a bit snug lately though. I was a 34 most of my life even when I weighed 190.

I've been weighing myself nightly and keeping a food diary. When your diary reads Lunchable, 2 cups of Tea or Coffee, Noodles and Company Spaghetti and Meatballs, plus 2 hot dogs for dinner or something the diet may have some bad protein.

I hate running. I do snowboard, but it's getting cold in Minnesota to rollerblade. I can probably lose 10 pounds by just changing my diet.

I have cut out a lot of Soda, but I still drink some beers on Sunday. I'm just trying to not gorge on those things on the weekends, and thus the reason for the diary tracking. Checking what effects my weight weekly the most.

AnticorRifling
10-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Daily weigh ins are kind of a waste. Go with weekly, try and do them when you first get up. Dropping the soda is a great start.

So after the chest and tricep workout yesterday I feel like I've got trex arms. It was a bitch trying to wash my hair, my arms are so sore....it's awesome.

Danical
10-08-2009, 03:43 PM
So after the chest and tricep workout yesterday I feel like I've got trex arms. It was a bitch trying to wash my hair, my arms are so sore....it's awesome.

Love that feeling.

What are you doing for lower body workouts?

AnticorRifling
10-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Love that feeling.

What are you doing for lower body workouts?

Tomorrow is leg day.

Squats, isolated leg press, calf raises, etc. Then I try and get on the eliptical and limp along like a wounded deer ( or buffalo). I'll post it up tomorrow.

Stanley Burrell
10-08-2009, 04:11 PM
I've decided that now that my boys are 3 and things are settling into a more standard routine it's time to get back into the gym and get big again. This time, however, I'm going to be adding some supplements and protein. I'm also going to start adjusting my diet (used to just eat whatever because I was putting on mass so I was happy that mentality is called "dirty bulk") because I want to see clean gains and I want to shed some poundage.

Workout is going to be a three day split with a rest day in between. Rest day just means no real push/pull I'll still probably hit some cardio on the rest days. More than anything I'm going for size again so I'm going to work back towards bigger lifts with no more than 10 reps.

Stats:

5'10 260lbs 38" waist (That needs to come down I'm not going to be buying fat man pants damnit).

I put on a lot of bad weight during the wife's pregnancy and when I stopped going to the gym to take care of her and the boys it compounded.

A Keystone Light and a PBR are all that's missing. Otheriwse good show.

Sean of the Thread
10-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Tomorrow is leg day.

Squats, isolated leg press, calf raises, etc. Then I try and get on the eliptical and limp along like a wounded deer ( or buffalo). I'll post it up tomorrow.

I still do calf raises every time I'm at a urinal or waiting for a bus. Even without the weights it has kept my calf muscles uber over the years.

Danical
10-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Are you doing deadlifts or anything for your posterior power chain?

I wouldn't neglect your lower back/hammies with all that quad development.

kookiegod
10-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Leg workout (of DOOM!)

Superset ----- 10 sets of 10 each
Leg Press
Leg extention

Sumo db squat 115x10x5

Quad set - 5 sets of 10
Inner thigh
Outer thigh
Seated leg curl
Calf toe presses

Hurts for days...

AnticorRifling
10-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Are you doing deadlifts or anything for your posterior power chain?

I wouldn't neglect your lower back/hammies with all that quad development.

SLDL (Straight Leg Dead Lifts) on my back day a few posts up :)

I didn't hit my legs this morning. I woke up with wicked gut rot, said F it no excuses went to the gym anyway. Just did some light cardio (30min on the eliptical) and came to work early because I've got some deadlines breathing down my balls. I'm going to be in Ohio for the next week so I'm doomed to use a hotel fitness center (assuming they have one) or I might actually get out and pound pavement and see how that feels on my busted hoof.

Lord Orbstar
10-10-2009, 05:13 AM
I still do calf raises every time I'm at a urinal or waiting for a bus. Even without the weights it has kept my calf muscles uber over the years.

doesn't that make your weiner bounce and pee all over the place? I think that would be dangerous... be careful. Be very careful.

AnticorRifling
10-10-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm in Ohio now, haven't been to the hotel yet just at the customer site. We'll see what I can get done in regards to lifting/cardio this week. I've been told that it's going to be 12-19 hour days during this whole thing so it should be fun.

AnticorRifling
10-21-2009, 08:44 AM
Last week was rough. Put just over 96 hours on the books and didn't lift or run at all.

Update for yesterday:

Did 30min on the eliptical in the garage. It was freaking brutal my iPod was at work, everyone in the house asleep so I had to be quiet so I couldn't turn in the stereo. Tried to clear my mind while I was doing it but kept drifting back to work shlt. There is nothing nerdier than trying to mentally work through the logic of lines of code looking for a bug when you're not even at a computer.....

You ever do something where you look at a situation, know it's probably bad but say F it and do it anyway? Yeah that was me last night at midnight. I was starving, like cut off my own foot dip it in mustard and chow on it starving. I opened the fridge and I see half a summer sausage in a ziplock bag down in one of the drawers. Now I don't remember buying it, no idea how long it's been there. I convince myself the wife probably bought it at a school fundraiser recently or something like that (she's a school teacher). So I cut off a hunk and devour it. Fast forward to this morning...holy F'ing gut rot. It feels like I've got midgets beating each other with socks full of pudding in my gut. The wife says she thought I bought the thing, not a good sign and I'm guessing this is going to be a long day.

Sean of the Thread
10-21-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm so out of shape I'm still sore from my friendly encounter with Mr. Army Ranger 10 years younger than me the other night.

My triceps feel like I've worked them for days right now as do my lats. When I get this job locked and loaded I'll get into a routine. Soon hopefully.

No room for equipment here other than my dumbells I have already but there is a 24/7 gym nearby as well as one on my works campus.

There is a lot you can do with just dumbbells and a coffee table at home however. Did that in the past.

AnticorRifling
10-21-2009, 10:18 AM
I have a full universal machine in the garage. I rarely use it. When I'm home there is too much distraction to lift so I go to the gym to get away and have some iron time.

Sean of the Thread
10-21-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm looking forward to moving soon. My roommate is looking at buying a nice house in St Petersburg 3b/2ba built in 1925 however but has the awesome old school porches etc.

I'll have room for a free weight set then.

At the gym I usually just put on the headphones and watch the news and hit the cardio last go around because of all the douche bags on the weights.

That and I got a better view of the girls doing leg lifts in toe huggers from up on the cardio pavilion.

AnticorRifling
10-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Didn't do much the last 2wks because of travel and then just working my ass off. I did some cardio here and there but no iron. I went this morning:

Partner is travelling on business so I stuck to machines and dumbells. I just don't trust my knowledge of my limits yet to solo under a bar. The only bar work I did today was CGBP.

Flat Bench DBs
45x10 warmup
55x8
65x8
70x6

Incline DBs
45x8
55x8
60x8

Cable Flies
35x10
42.5x6x2

Triceps:

CGBP
110x10
115x8
125x6

Tricep press
42.5x8
50x6x2

Short, sweet, I feel good.

AnticorRifling
11-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Been slacking on updates.

Did 35min of slow cardio this morning. Wicked sinus headache, still got it. Hoping that's all it is but I feel like a sack of hammered buttholes.

AnticorRifling
11-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Eating a ton again. Sushi, chicken, beef, lots of brown rice and veggies. Up'd my cardio and I'm starting to feel better about it (man I still hate running in place I miss being able to pound pavement.)

Tomorrow is back and biceps I'll post a proper update afte that.

Eoghain
11-11-2009, 03:05 PM
I'll help keep this bitch alive. I tell myself that if I don;t og to the gym regularly, I'll get fired from go go dancing. I'm probably right.

I'm 5'9" 150 lbs and I wear 29"-32" waist pants depending on how loose i want them. I wear small or extra small stuff to dance in.

Yesterday:

I never do legs. Ever. So I did legs. now they feel like jello. I don't even know the names of the exercises. Suffice it to say that I looked like I was presenting at the gay gym being all bent over shit and lifting my legs up behind me. it was hawt. Then I did abs.

Monday: Back and Biceps
Forward Row: 120 lbs 3 sets 8 reps
Cable Pull downs: 130 lbs 3 sets 8 reps
Pull ups: 3 sets 8 reps
That thing where you put your heels behind a pad and bend over another one higher up to work out your lower back like those gym scenes on Queer as Folk: 3 sets of 8 reps with a 45 lbs plate

Concentration curls: 3 sets 8 reps 30 lbs dumbells
bicep curls w barbell: 95 lbs 3 sets 8 reps
bicep curl cable pull: 95 lbs 3 sets 8 reps (so much easier than the barbell one. Gods bless pullies and my ability to tell myself it counts the same)

Abs
3 sets 75 reps bicycle abs
4 sets 12 reps leg lifts on the dip machine/thing
3 sets 25 reps lower abdominal leg lifts from floor mat (looks beyond retarded, especially at the gay gym I do to where all the old people are staring at your bum waiting for you to pull an upside down goatse.)

I ran a 1.25 miles there and 1.25 miles back. Then I went to all you can eat taco tuesdays to ruin all my hard work :D

Keep it up kids!

Stanley Burrell
11-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Twenty-five curls with 60. Three or five times a day.

Caffeine.

Nicotine.

No water.

Prostitutes :thumbup:

Edit: To the billion bitches biting my big bbbrhtjitsd, 30 in each hand to chisel my manly husk.

AnticorRifling
11-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Yesterday:

I never do legs. Ever. So I did legs. now they feel like jello. I don't even know the names of the exercises. Suffice it to say that I looked like I was presenting at the gay gym being all bent over shit and lifting my legs up behind me. it was hawt.

I'm guessing those would be hamstring curls.

Cephalopod
11-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Please select your type from this list. (http://www.muffslap.com/10-identifiable-gym-characters/)

Dwarven Empath
11-11-2009, 05:10 PM
"I'm 5'9" 150 lbs and I wear 29"-32" waist pants depending on how loose i want them."

Damn Eoghain. I'm 6'1" 210, and I wear 32 inch pants.

AnticorRifling
11-12-2009, 08:07 AM
"I'm 5'9" 150 lbs and I wear 29"-32" waist pants depending on how loose i want them."

Damn Eoghain. I'm 6'1" 210, and I wear 32 inch pants.

Waist not inseam old man. :)

AnticorRifling
11-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Got invited for a Saturday lift. Went to the Gold's on the East side of town, I think I like it better than the one off of Michigan Ave to bad the East side one is way out of the way...

We did back and shoulders ( I know why? wasn't my house and I was a guest so I went along).

Military Press:

95x10 warm up
135x8
155x8
155x6

Some weird super set exercise felt like the shoulder work out version of 21s:

20lbs dumbell in each hand 8 reps of three different movents in succesion, 3 sets

Shrugs:

75lbs dumbell in each hand, 8 shrug and hold

Then moved to a machine to get bigger weight, did 3 plates on each side, 8x2

Lat pull downs:

100x8
125x8
140x6

Bent over rows:

135x8
145x6
145x6

Seated rows:

Isolated 45x8x2 and 50x6x2

Some forearm/grip machine I haven't ever used before

2 plates, 10x4

50 minutes in and out not bad with three of us. The only rest was waiting for your turn.

Got home had a turkey sandwich on whole grain with a splash of mustard, a fist full of whole grain cheez-its, and a protein shake. I feel really, really good and I'm looking foward to Monday.

......now to clean this house. Anyone want to buy a set of 3yr old twin boys real cheap?

AnticorRifling
11-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Chest and triceps this morning. I powered thru a hurdle this morning, it wasn't a weight or a rep personal record/best it was pushing thru an excuse. My gym partner didn't show this morning. In the past if I get a call at 4am saying hey I won't be there I'd say sweet and roll my ass back over and grab two more hours of sleep. There have been times when I've been there and he didn't show and I just slept right there in the parking lot...I mean come on the gym is 50 feet away at that point.

I started cleaning up my diet, why then would I let the actual workout slip? I had a great workout and I am gassed. I had nothing left at the end of it, hell I didn't even get my last exercise in(I think I just pushed too much too soon and didn't pace myself).

Chest

Bench:
135x10 (warm-up)
155x8
185x6
205x1x2 <--- This was huge for me. I didn't have a spot, or even anyone I could ask there were three old ladies barely moving on the treadmills and me this morning. I wanted to say eh I'll stay at 185 but I wanted it. I really wanted to be back into double plates again but I'm not risking it without a spot yet. The reason I say this is huge for me is I hate, hate, hate benching without a spot. I've seen a few people drop shit or seriously hurt themselves and I'm not in the mood for an injury.

Cable Cross (weight is each side)
42.5x10
50x8
57.5x4 - 50x4 (I wanted more than 4 reps so I dropped weight and finished out with 50)

Incline Dumbells:
40x10
50x8
50x6

Triceps:

Tricep Press:
50x10
57.5x8
56x6
50x10

CGBP:
135x8
140x6
140x6

I had planned to do skullcrushers/french press or maybe a few sets of dips but like I said I was spent.

Done in just under 40 minutes. I've got a bag full of good chow for the day and I'm going to try and keep my water intake high.

AnticorRifling
11-23-2009, 07:35 AM
Did chest + triceps this morning (standard Monday morning for me). I took awhile to wake up for some reason didn't really feel like I was hitting it proper until my second exercise then it was go time.

Chest:

Bench:
135x10 warmup
185x8
205x5
225x1x2

Cable Cross:
35x10
42.5x8
50x8

Incline DBs:
40x10 (way too light)
50x10
65x8 <--- was real happy with this weight and 8 clean reps

Triceps:

CGBP: Used an easy curl bar for a different grip today
85x8
105x8
135x5

Tricep press:
50x8
57.5x8
57.5x8

Dips:
Bodyweightx8x3

Less than an hour, feeling good and tight in my triceps and I should have that good sore feeling tomorrow.

AnticorRifling
12-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Haven't updated I gotta get better at jotting it down and throwing it up here:

Monday was chest/triceps. Got to the gym late because of a meeting and the guys I was lifting with already started. I jumped in on the last chest exercise:

Chest:

Butterflies (machine)
10x120
8x140
8x160

Triceps:

CGBP
115x10
135x10
165x10 (I wanted to toss some heavy weight on because I was feeling my oats, but I don't want to push it to injury I realize I'm still getting back into it)

Tricep Press: (slow concentraded on form and great negatives, sexy burn just like prom)
57.5x10
65x10
80x6

Tricep Extensions (machine never done it before, kind of weird)
110x10
120x10
140x8

At this point we loop back so I can get some chest work done, I abosolutely destroyed my triceps it was an early evening lift, I was pumped, and I had some stress to get out so I pushed (probably too hard) which meant chest wasn't going to get much of anything...
Chest:

Bench:

155x10
185x8
225x3 (1 clean slow and smooth no assistance last 2 reps I needed help but I wanted at least 3)

Forearm/grip strength did three sets on the grip machine with two plates on it, not sure of the weight of the apparatus empty but it's probably 25ish so 115 for reps not too shabby after everything else I did.

At this point I was spent, done, and feeling awesome. Yesterday it hurt to lift my arms to wash my hair, today still very tight and sore. Love it.

Yesterday after I got home from Ohio I did 20min on the eliptical in the garage. Today hopefully I can get legs in after work.

Sean of the Thread
12-09-2009, 09:20 AM
http://acomplete180.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/hans_franz.jpg

AnticorRifling
12-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Exactly.

I've also changed the diet and I'm noticing the difference. Pretty much chicken breasts, veggies, tons of water.

Sean of the Thread
12-09-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm in serious need of nutritional guidance.

AnticorRifling
12-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Put down the waffle cone.

Sean of the Thread
12-09-2009, 11:36 AM
I don't like sweets.

The problem is I don't eat much at all anymore. I'm starting to look like an one of those people Alok didn't get aids from.

Skeeter
12-09-2009, 11:20 PM
I started back to the gym 5 days a week on my lunch break about 4 weeks ago. My goal is to drop about 20 lbs and get more definition.

I'm noticing a difference in arm and chest but I've yet to drop a pound. I started running first thing in the morning today to add some more cardio.

I running just under 2k calories a day I hate to go under that because then I'm hungry all the time and that sucks.

Not sure where to go from here. (I don't do junk food, but I'm not completely a health nut either.) Oatmeal for breakfast. usually a sammich for lunch and a decent sized dinner.

AnticorRifling
12-15-2009, 08:10 AM
Sorry Skeeter didn't see your post. Don't do 5 days a week, especially starting out. The body needs rest to recover. Do a solid three day split on the weights. Maybe heavy cardio on the other two days and lighter cardio on lift days. Pick a routine and stick with it for 6wks, if you aren't seeing what you want adjust.

As for diet I'm not a good one to really give advice because I'm eating to grow so I'm trying to consume calories (working on cleaner calories). If you're hungry all the time spread your meals out, give your gut something to do several times during the day. 3 main meals and a few supplemental snacks of good food should help curb the starving all the time feeling (but that's your body reacting to the lifting. you lift for strength you eat for size). To give you an idea of a normal lift day diet I'm doing:

4:15AM - Fruit, oatmeal, few eggs, something to start the engine
4:45AM - Prework out supplement
5:30-6:30AM - Lift
7:00AM - Postwork out protein
9:00AM - Snack (generally handful of almonds and/or banana)
11:00AM - Lunch chicken/sushi/whatever I can get my hands on if I forgot to pack chow
1-2ish PM - Snack (yogurt, raisins, something)
5ish PM - Evening Meal whatever the wife cooked last night was chicken and rice, tonight will be turkey sausage jambalaya

I really don't consume too many calories post evening meal but I drink a lot of water between then and bed. Water I'm shooting for 1.5+gal a day which helps keep me full in addition to all the other benefits of being hydrated.

AnticorRifling
12-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Why do I always remember to post Monday workouts and never follow thru with the others? BECAUSE IM A SLACKER!!!!!

Monday: Evening workout, started late ran out of time (had to be home or else fear the wrath that is wifey)

Chest: Why I decided to do DBs and flat bench....no idea

DB Bench:
50x10
65x10
75x8

Bench:
185x8
205x6
225x3x2

Decline:
185x8
205x8
225x6

Triceps:

CGBP:
125x10
145x10
165x8
125x10

And boom like that I'm running out the door to drive home to eat, go shopping, make stupid @ss Christmas ornaments for the wife's class (1st grade teacher), etc. I was kind of mad I had to cut it that short but some lift is better than no lift but man was I feeling good. Pretty sure my lifting partner has something wrong with a tendon or a soft muscle tear in his arm based on how he was looking last night (one arm very swollen after just a few sets, same thing happened the other workout as well, lots of pain, looks to bruise as it swells) I convinced his stuborn @ss to get to a Dr today.

Diet was chicken heavy yesterday: Office catered in for the pres' birthday. I had two chicken breasts and some pasta. I didn't sauce the pasta and I skipped the breadsticks and three different desserts ladies at the office brought in (I'm not going to lie that was brutal because these women can bake). Dinner was chicken and rice (which I could eat every day of my life but the wife would probably figure out the combo to my gun safe).

Time for meetings, meetings, and meetings at least I'll be nice and sore to help keep me awake!

NocturnalRob
12-15-2009, 08:51 AM
get your swoll on, bro.

AnticorRifling
12-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Did light cardio yesterday, wasn't in the mood to push it, wanted to sleep, forced some eliptical time. Was it enough to make up for the 5 guy's burger I had at lunch? Fuck no. But it was something. Hopefully tomorrow morning it's not pissing down frozen rain, I waking the neighbors up by knockin that shit off my milk truck at 4am.

Jace Solo
12-22-2009, 05:46 PM
To build on what AR said.

Humans were meant to eat every 3 hours. It's industry work days that consolidated us to 3 meals over the whole day.
Plan your food for every three house. Just add a snack for your non-major meals. Yogurt or granolla...even a smoothy.

Bulking I would have two pieces of fruit
Cutting I'd have yogurt or one piece of fruit

As much water as you can drink is sooooooo good for you.

Lastly, you're only looking to lose 1-2 pounds a week and with this being your initial push back into your gym, any fat that's dropping off is being replaced by muscle...which is like 1.5* denser.

You'll start seeing it drop off but not for another week or two. Drop caffine too...I'm not sure the science behind that one but it always works for me. Which is supposed to be the opposite really. I think it's the additives that usually accompany caffinated drinks.

Doughboy
12-22-2009, 05:51 PM
4:15AM - Um no, sleep.
4:45AM - Fuck that, still sleeping...
5:30-6:30AM - Smashing snooze button
7:00AM - crawl out of bed, feed kids, then sort of be awake while sitting on the couch...
9:00AM - kids are at school and off I go to work
11:00AM - mmmm lunch truck food
1-2ish PM - regret lunch truck food
5ish PM - really regret lunch truck food

Hell yeah

Danical
12-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Don't do yogurt when you're cutting. It has a shitload of sugar unless you're carb-cycling. You're better off with CC.

AnticorRifling
12-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Don't do yogurt when you're cutting. It has a shitload of sugar unless you're carb-cycling. You're better off with CC.

Yeah, I'm not really cutting though. I'm trying to just clean up while packing on some more muscle. Love me some large curd cottage cheese though, it pwns.

AnticorRifling
12-28-2009, 07:41 AM
Man what a hectic five days....

I got to the gym twice, which is two more times than I thought I would so I'm kind of happy there (although I'd rather it had been more). I had family events on the 24th, two on the 25th, 26th, and 27th. Both boys ended up getting sick, worked both jobs at various times, etc. We finally got some snow so I went and shoveled all the driveways in the neighborhood where I knew there wasn't an able body (we've got several single mom's, older couples, etc in our addition).

Looking forward to this week even though I start it with a 15 hour day today and I've got at least three more family functions.

Wife has a huge family, I've got a huge family, makes for way too much crap to do during the holidays. It used to be we could skip out every now and then but now everyone just has to see the boys so yeah we hit them all.

Hope you guys are kicking names and taking ass.

Gan
12-28-2009, 08:37 AM
My shoulder is finally well enough to start slinging dumbells around again. First workout was yesterday (been 180 days est.). And yea, the shoulder screamed through the flys and military. I use the Bowflex Select Tech 5/52 lb. set + 5 position bench.

Knee is still rehabbing so cardio is limited to rehab sessions and light elliptical. (rehab involves lunges, squats, balance, and range of motion)

Dumbell workout (in set order; set:rep):
Power Curls 3:10 @ 30 (both hands same time)
Iso Curls 3:10 @ 30 (inside knee on bench)
Reverse Curls 3:10 @ 25
Bent Rows 3:10 @ 50
Reverse Incline Butterfly 3:10 @ 20
Incline Row 3:10 @ 25
Skull Crusher 3:10 @ 40
Bent Over Arm Extension 3:10 @ 25
Lateral Arm Raises (front and side per rep) 3:10 @ 15
Incline Press 3:10 @ 40
Incline Butterfly 3:10 @ 15 (light on this one - hurt like hell)
Military 3:10 @ 25
Bench 3:10 @ 50
Decline Bench 3:10 @ 40

Caution: Never try to eat soup after this workout. That is all.

AnticorRifling
12-28-2009, 08:40 AM
Are you doing a full upper body workout there? Because you're kind of all over the place but some lifting is better than no lifting.

NocturnalRob
12-28-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm just waiting for some oiled up pics

AnticorRifling
12-28-2009, 09:43 AM
HAHAHA I could mail you some but it would look like an Exxon spill at the North Pole and I'm trying to raise money to rescue the oil covered polar bears.

Gan
12-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Full upper db workout. That's actually 2 day routines stacked together. The break is after skull crushers. I like wasting the arms first so the chest is all chest. I combined the 2 workouts cause I'm getting better results.

* Let me clarify that the weight range used is 70 percent of my fail range (where I experience near failure or failure on rep 10).

If I'm just going to do 1 of the 2 combined workouts then I up the weight to 90 percent+ of my fail range.

Time and fatigue are the major factors in determining intensity range.

Gan
12-28-2009, 03:38 PM
HAHAHA I could mail you some but it would look like an Exxon spill at the North Pole and I'm trying to raise money to rescue the oil covered polar bears.

You smothered in oil would probably resemble said oil covered polar bears.

AnticorRifling
12-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Which is what I said....

Gan
12-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Fine. I just reiterated for the slower ones today. Present company included.

4a6c1
12-28-2009, 11:50 PM
The fracture in my right foot has finally finsihed healing...again. This means I'm running road, which is more convenient and means I can keep track of the miles. Off the trails! So push ups, sit ups, squats for half a mile and 30 glorious minutes of stretching afterwards and it buuuuuurns. In a nice way. Why does road hurt so much more than trail. Seriously? All of you cross your fingers for me that I dont re-fracture the foot. I hate when my body holds me back. :(

Drinin
12-29-2009, 12:32 AM
My routine, just for comparison:

I lift 3 times a week, 3 different routines. 6', 170, not a big guy but I'm in pretty good shape.

First:

Close-grip bench press
some sort of ab crunch (I change it up weekly, do about 10 different ab workouts)

Standing e-z bar curls (100 lb)
tricep dips (25 lb weight on my lap)
ab work

preacher curls with the e-z bar (80 lb)
french press (40 lb dumbells)
ab work

Second:

incline bench press (140lb)
ab work

lateral raises (40 lb dumbells)
shoulder press (40 lb dumbells)
ab work

incline flyes (40 lb dumbells)
ab work

Third:

Squats (290 lb)
calf raises (no added weight, just a shit-ton of reps)
ab work

Leg extensions (125 lb)
Lunges (40 lb dumbells)
ab work

I don't really use any supplements other than creatine and protein shakes. I've hit a wall on my chest/back routine, looking to add/cut something. Any suggestions?

AnticorRifling
01-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Pressed for time this morning I had to take the kids to day care this morning. As such; 30min brisk cardio this morning. It wasn't a slow walk and it wasn't a run til I was purple session, got the heart going, decent sweat, forgot my freakin cooler on the counter at home grrrrrrrr. Time to look at lines of code until I want to punch kittens.

AnticorRifling
01-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Also note I've adjusted my goals for right now, I'm going to lean out a bit. I've got a trip to Mexico planned for end of May and I don't want people to think they've seen a narwhale if I walk around with my dong hanging out my speedos.

Cephalopod
01-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Also note I've adjusted my goals for right now, I'm going to lean out a bit. I've got a trip to Mexico planned for end of May and I don't want people to think they've seen a narwhale if I walk around with my dong hanging out my speedos.

I just wanted to use this picture in two threads at once...

Bacon narwhal, fuck yeah!
http://7.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kp39i4nTst1qzpwi0o1_400.jpg

AnticorRifling
01-14-2010, 11:18 AM
I can't see it at work from that site. I'll assume it's awesome.

Skeeter
01-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Still working out 5 days a week at lunch.

Arms and chest are starting to look good, belly is getting smaller, pants size has dropped about 1/2 a size.

Weight has stayed consistent at 225. :sad:

AnticorRifling
01-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Sorry bad at updating this.

Didn't lift last week, was getting over illness and was on a pretty heavy regiment of drugs. One of the side effects is trouble sleeping. Yeah trouble, fuck you I can't sleep. Finished the cycle of meds but I'm rocking full blown insomnia. All last week and all weekend wide awake well past 2am. I went to bed around 3:30 this morning, still woke up at 5.... I said F it I'm not going to putz around the house, went to the gym. Waste of time. I was a zombie. Going to be one long ass day. Hopefully I can get my sleep schedule fixed.

AnticorRifling
02-01-2010, 09:13 AM
20min decent cardio. Didn't feel like doing anything else so I didn't. I don't mind having a half ass cardio session but I refuse to have a weight session where I know I'm not giving it everything I've got. I think I'm going to grab an hour nap after work then go back for some 1v1 iron time.

AnticorRifling
02-03-2010, 08:15 AM
I had a nap after work yesterday, then got some good sleep last night. Woke up this morning and said to myself let's hit legs, I know I'm trying to do cardio, cardio, cardio but I'm feeling like legs. I hurt, but it's awesome hurt. Today the heaviest thing I get to lift at work is the Wiley GAAP book (if you don't know what this is consider yourself lucky).

Squats:
135x10
185x8
225x8
255x6

Isolated leg press: Not sure what the bar weighs on this thing....

3 plates per leg x 8
4 plates per leg x 8
4 plates per leg x 6

Seated calf raises: Again no idea on the bar/machine weight

3 plates per side x 10
4 plates per side x 8
4 plates and a dime per side x 5 <--- Holy hell that extra 20lbs was brutal

Leg extensions / hams:

135 x 8
145 x 8
155 x 8

Skeeter
02-03-2010, 10:20 PM
380+ lb. seated calf raises? WTF how do you lift your massive tree trunk legs?

I typically do 1 wheel per side to get full range of motion. My legs are pretty strong.

AnticorRifling
02-03-2010, 11:49 PM
380+ lb. seated calf raises? WTF how do you lift your massive tree trunk legs?

I typically do 1 wheel per side to get full range of motion. My legs are pretty strong.

It could be the machine. It's not a standard seated calf machine so I'm not sure if the fulcrum (sp) is giving so much assistance that I can pile on stupid weights.

kookiegod
02-04-2010, 01:31 AM
I played with a new leg workout today....

It worked cause I hurt already, gonna suck tommorrow.

Sumo db squats - 5x10x115

leg ext/leg press supersets 10x10 (yes, 10 sets of 10 each) added weight each set

triset seated calf press , inner thigh, outer thigh machine 3x10 (25 for calf)

AnticorRifling
02-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Sumo squats are the devil. Not because they are bad for you or anything but because they give a serious burn.

Ker_Thwap
02-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Squats are the reason I have hamburger-like cartilage in both my knees.

Paradii
02-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Was trying to do 75 snatches for time today with 75 pounds. Gym was a little too hot and I was moving a little too fast. Almost feinted at around 60.

Good times, good times.

audioserf
02-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Sumo squats? I know of sumo deadlifts (and enjoy them) but have never heard of a sumo squat.

Glad I found this thread and learned I'm not the only guy on PC who likes to lift. I'm 6'3" and was 265lbs in August 09; down to 227 today, and still dropping. Being fat sucks. Aiming for 210 or so by "no shirts season".

AnticorRifling
02-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Yeah I haven't actually lost any weight of note (maybe a pound or three) but I'm down a pant size. My right shoulder started hurting again this morning I'm hoping it's just something I can take care of with rest.

Tomorrow is chest we'll see how the shoulder feels under decent weight I was hoping to put 305 back on the bar but probably won't happen for a minute until this feels better.

audioserf
02-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Well body recomposition (weight loss is a stupid goal; losing "weight" just means you become a smaller version of yourself. Losing FAT is where it's at) is more diet than anything else. You've been putting in the effort under the iron, if you can nail down a solid meal plan you'll star dropping fat and pants sizes while still getting stronger.

AnticorRifling
02-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Oh I plan on getting bigger I could give a shit what the scale says, I'm here to move mountains....as long as I don't look like the blob.

AnticorRifling
03-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Monday was chest and triceps. We went in the evening gym was packed out with idiots so we had a lot of down time. I think we put 265 on the bench and decline for decent reps, didn't write anything down...

This morning was some cardio and legs.

Cardio:

Some hellish exercise called "man makers" (gay name) which were basically a clean and jerk to behind the head press into a squat followed by a pushup. Sets were to failure, 2min rest between sets, did 5 sets. I did them with a 50lbs barbell. I could feel the soreness from my Monday workout but it got the blood flowing and felt good.

Squats:

3x10x135 Didn't put any real weight on, just worked on good form, low and slow. After the above exercise was still really in recoup phase but didn't want to stand around.

Isolated leg press(IE one leg at a time):

3x10x90(and whatever the machine weight adds)

Seated calf extensions:

30(10 toes out, 10 toes in, 10 straight up, super set)x115(and whatever the machine weight adds)

audioserf
03-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Doing legs is brutal. I've got that on deck today, myself. It's all about going low. I'd rather go ass-to-grass at 135lbs than quarter-squat 225 like I see too many people doing. Good work man.

AnticorRifling
03-04-2010, 09:29 AM
I am hurting today. The day after leg day is always so brutal. Tomorrow morning is back and bi's.

Androidpk
03-04-2010, 09:37 AM
I am hurting today. The day after leg day is always so brutal.

QFT.

Squats kick the shit out of my legs.

AnticorRifling
03-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Yeah if you do legs right walking the next day is painful, yet hilarious to watch. At least the people at work are getting used to it so they see me and say "Ahh you lifted legs yesterday."

Skeeter
03-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Weight is starting to drop off like winter snow melt. Color me excited.

AnticorRifling
03-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Catch up post:

Last week Monday chest/triceps, Wed client site visit 23.5 hrs of work/travel between Tues/Wed. was beat didn't even look for the fitness area in the hotel. Friday awesome back/bicep workout. Over the weekend worked 10 hrs on Sat, Sunday started cleaning out the garage, taking stuff to the dump (old fridge, boxes of stuff, etc). Very sore from Friday. This morning's chest/tricep workout sucked. I felt spent didn't get anywhere close to normal weight, lats still very sore but damnit I was there and I moved some iron.

Hopefully this is a standard week...

Gan
03-15-2010, 08:56 AM
Yeah if you do legs right walking the next day is painful, yet hilarious to watch. At least the people at work are getting used to it so they see me and say "Ahh you lifted legs yesterday."

I love leg workouts. Used to hate them.

Rubbery legs at first. Then whore-on-sunday legs the next day.

audioserf
03-15-2010, 09:29 AM
I did back/legs Saturday and my legs are killing me. I am in the "whore-on-Sunday" stage. Today's bench/shoulders/tri's.

Walking funny from lifting is a badge of honor, damnit.

AnticorRifling
03-18-2010, 08:28 AM
Legs yesterday. Pressed for time but I wasn't skipping them. Gym was packed (prime time right after work, not used to that crowd). Couldn't get on a squat rack so I started those man maker devil exercises and then it was leg press, squats, calf raises, out.

Man makers:

50lbs barbell 3 sets to failure each set, 2min rest between sets.

Leg press:

425x10
515x8
605x4 <--- I was happy as hell on this they were all low, slow, and clean.

Squats: Focused on form, very deep squat, slow and steady. Since I wanted to make sure my form was good I started real light.

135x10
185x8
225x3 <---- Gassed it was a shaky 3rd rep but it was all me ( I remember the 315+ for rep days, they'll be back)

Calf raises:

105x10
125x8
125x8

Hit the door running (ok limping like a prison prom date) feel good, very sore today, tomorrow back and biceps.

Hopped on the scale, hadn't done that in a month. Down 10lbs. Is it a perm 10? No way, it's probably more of a 3lbs perm loss. But it means I am making some progress in cleaning up and leaning out while the iron I'm throwing is starting to go back up. Slow process not in a mood to rush it. I figure I need about 4 good years to hit some of the goals that are in my head.

AnticorRifling
03-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Shitty lift this morning. Back and bi's. Woke up late, didn't take my pre workout sup, got there and was just blah. I think next few weeks will be light weight with higher reps to change it up a little bit and keep the body from getting in a rut.

Stanley Burrell
03-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Right after I put the weights down after I do curls, I flex my biceps until I feel like I'm about to pull a muscle, repeatedly. It feels like it's doing something ... or no?

AnticorRifling
03-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Right after I put the weights down after I do curls, I flex my biceps until I feel like I'm about to pull a muscle, repeatedly. It feels like it's doing something ... or no? Actually yes. That's something a lot of bodybuilders do to condition themselves for long posing sessions so if you're planning on oiling up and wearing a thong in front of a bunch of people keep it up!

AnticorRifling
03-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Didn't get to lift yesterday, pushed chest/triceps to this morning. Went lighter weight more reps to change it up a bit.

Chest:

Bench
135x10 warmup
185x15
205x10
185x15

Decline with barbells
70x15
70x10
55x15

Butterflies with barbells (this was the last exercise of the morning)
30x15
30x15
30x15

Chest press on machine
150x10
150x15
150x15

Triceps:

Tricep press on machine
140x15
155x15
155x15

tricep press on cables
50x15
50x15
45x15

For the life of me I can't remember what else we did for triceps but I know we did something....oh well off to find food. Tomorrow morning is legs. Arms currently feel like they are trying to bust out of my skin, which is awesome I love that pump, freakin polo shirt sleeves are so tight it's like wearing BP cuffs. Washing my hair tonight is going to be fun.

AnticorRifling
03-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Legs this morning. Did some cardio to start, did leg press first again...not sure I'm liking that I think I should squat first just to ensure better squatting. Overall quick workout that I'm happy with.

Cardio:
10min hard running on the eliptical for a good warmup

Legs:

Leg Press:
335x10
425x10
425x10
425x8

Squat:
155x10
185x10
185x8
185x8

Calf raises, seated super sets (10x toes out, 10x toes straight, 10x toes in):
335x30
335x30
335x30

audioserf
03-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Leg day is brutal, legs in the morning is brutal++. Nice workout. You ever do straight leg deadlifts? Those would be a great addition. Total hamstring and posterior chain rapage.

AnticorRifling
03-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Leg day is brutal, legs in the morning is brutal++. Nice workout. You ever do straight leg deadlifts? Those would be a great addition. Total hamstring and posterior chain rapage. Deadlifts are on back day which is Friday.

Sean of the Thread
03-24-2010, 08:45 AM
Everytime I read this thread I...

a) get jealous because I'm not doing it atm.

b) think of this:

http://www.aztecrental.com/Hans-Franz.jpg

AnticorRifling
03-26-2010, 07:28 AM
Had to cut it short this morning and the time I was there I felt I wasted a lot of it. For some reason my lifting partner wanted to do military press and shrugs and I went along, on back/bicep day no less.

Military Press:
155x10
185x10
185x10

Shrugs, barbell:
185x10
225x10
315x8
315x6

Lat pull down: Really focused on squeezing and a 2 second hold on these
130x10
145x10
145x10

SLDL: Felt like I could have gone up in weight but wanted to play it safe since it's been a minute since I've done these
185x10
185x10
185x10

Seated hammer curls:
40x10
40x10
40x10

Had to skate out, was from work yesterday with two sick boys so I've got some serious catchup to do today or my ass is grass.

Skeeter
03-26-2010, 08:15 PM
I haven't worked out since last Tuesday, due to vacation and bringing back a sinus infection as a souvenir. Lost 2 pounds by not working out. I have hit the 215 mark. Halfway home.

AnticorRifling
03-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Chest/triceps last night instead of yesterday morning. Night workouts always mean stronger lifts but more waiting because the gym is full.

Chest:

Bench:
135x10 w/u
225x6
225x6
225x4

Decline:
225x8
255x6
225x8

dumbell flies:
45x10
45x10
45x10

Triceps:

Tricep press(seated machine):
245x10
335x4 <-- too heavy derp derp
245x10
245x10

CGBP:
155x10
175x8
155x10

Did 3 sets of flat bench at the end, 135 on the bar, go to failure just for a final burn.

Stanley Burrell
03-30-2010, 08:41 AM
Actually yes. That's something a lot of bodybuilders do to condition themselves for long posing sessions so if you're planning on oiling up and wearing a thong in front of a bunch of people keep it up!

OH COOL. All I do is sitting curls and deadlifts though and then try and pull a muscle by straining/flexing afterwards. I don't do cardio, besides driving my minivan now, for a couple of reasons:

A) Fell out of the cycle.

B) It takes up too much time.

C) All my sandals keep breaking on the treadmill.

D) There's too much effort involved in putting on a pair of socks and shoes.

E) I can peel large pieces of skin off my feet and have about 3 different strains of warts on each foot.

F) I have to drive for more than 5 minutes to see a podiatrist.

G) I am definitely not lazy.

H) I ran out of body oil and my thong was inhaled into my ass, never to be seen by daylight or fluorescent lighting again. I'll try and figure out a way to reimburse you though, I promise.

Cephalopod
04-08-2010, 04:55 PM
This just seemed like it belonged here...

http://i.imgur.com/Av8fL.jpg

AnticorRifling
04-08-2010, 05:00 PM
515 lbs that's a good deadlift :)

4a6c1
04-08-2010, 05:18 PM
A) Fell out of the cycle.

B) It takes up too much time.

C) All my sandals keep breaking on the treadmill.

D) There's too much effort involved in putting on a pair of socks and shoes.

E) I can peel large pieces of skin off my feet and have about 3 different strains of warts on each foot.

F) I have to drive for more than 5 minutes to see a podiatrist.

G) I am definitely not lazy.

H) I ran out of body oil and my thong was inhaled into my ass, never to be seen by daylight or fluorescent lighting again. I'll try and figure out a way to reimburse you though, I promise.

:rofl:

Skeeter
04-08-2010, 11:14 PM
515 lbs that's a good deadlift :)

looks like 405 to me. :shrug:

AnticorRifling
04-09-2010, 08:10 AM
looks like 405 to me. :shrug:

Look at the second plate from the middle on both sides of the bar, that's a 100lbs plate, not a 45lbs plate.

I see 3 45lbs plates and 1 100lbs plate per side and a 45lbs bar.

6x45 = 270
2x100 = 200

270 + 200 = 470

470 + 45(the bar) = 515

Yes?

AnticorRifling
04-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Chest day. Didn't take my preworkout woke up with some heartburn so I just took some tums in leiu of throwing anything down to my gut that could make it worse.

Bench:
135x10
185x10
225x5
225x5
185x8

Incline:
155x10
185x10
185x8

DB Butterflies:
35x10
45x10
45x10

Triceps:

Tricep Press Machine:
150x10
170x8
190x8

Out of time, had an early client meeting so I had to skate, feeling pretty good.

AnticorRifling
04-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Dear ElvenFury,

Fuck you. That is all. I'm still cracking up at that.

ElvenFury
04-12-2010, 01:42 PM
:moon2:

You're welcome.

ElvenFury
06-13-2010, 11:21 AM
I was at a family event yesterday and bumped into an old neighbor who told me about how his son (the little kid who used to follow us around and bug us to let him play) is now winning strongman competitions. Holy shit, I'm glad we were mostly nice to him back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew3N0wcIhrY

PS - I'm posting it in this thread to give Anticor some motivation.

Skeeter
06-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Look at the second plate from the middle on both sides of the bar, that's a 100lbs plate, not a 45lbs plate.

I see 3 45lbs plates and 1 100lbs plate per side and a 45lbs bar.

6x45 = 270
2x100 = 200

270 + 200 = 470

470 + 45(the bar) = 515

Yes?

You are right. I thought those were 50 lb plates at first glance but definitely 100s.

Sitting at 212 right now weight wise. 7 lbs more to hit my goal. Pulled my groin which has hampered the cardio. At least I didn't pull someone else's groin.

Skeeter
06-13-2010, 11:55 AM
I was at a family event yesterday and bumped into an old neighbor who told me about how his son (the little kid who used to follow us around and bug us to let him play) is now winning strongman competitions. Holy shit, I'm glad we were mostly nice to him back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew3N0wcIhrY

PS - I'm posting it in this thread to give Anticor some motivation.

My back cries at that video.

AnticorRifling
06-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Fuck my cardio sucks.

30min hard run last night, then went to weights and I was gassed. Did lighter weight higher rep last night on bench, incline, fly, tricep press, skull crushers, and CGBP. Sore this morning.

4a6c1
11-08-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm bumping this thread because I see no where else to whine about the following.

I've been seeing a personal trainer for about 8 months. Usually he wants to run me through your typical foot ball drills/boot camp stuff. He's mild, not too demanding - I usually walk away with a good focused burn. Alors. Last time I thought all of those things in my head I should have knocked on wood.

Yesterday he comes in and announces that he's certified for something called a "viper". If you've never seen this thing it's basically a long piece of rubber pipe with hand holds. It's supposed to be stamina equipmnt OR SO HE SAYS. I was on it for just an hour yesterday and today it hurts to walk. Full body workout but especially the back and legs. :(

THIS THING

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LUM_k0hrrVI/TzKkbGTNQdI/AAAAAAAABSA/p4YYqHhKSOI/s1600/ViPR.gif

Asha
11-09-2012, 05:08 AM
It looks like he's demonstrating an epic chinning move that'll leave any foe dead or extremely loose from the neck up.

Back
11-09-2012, 07:13 AM
I didn't know they made dildos that big.

AnticorRifling
11-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Nice. I haven't touched the weights in a long ass time, just being lazy/tired from work, school and the kids. I've been dropping weight by just monitoring the diet (something I hate doing I like my junk food damnit). I'm sitting right around 1690 calories a day and I try to walk at least 1-2miles down the monon trail during lunch. Nothing great and it sure isn't throwing iron but it's better than nothing.