PDA

View Full Version : Installing Help

Bird Dog
09-27-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm trying to install Lich for the first time with no luck

I installed Ruby to C:\Ruby
extracted Lich 3.95 to its own folder
did the cmd prompt (I think, nothing seemed to happen)
launched SGE.
GS launched but without Lich??

I also tried the installer. With the installer it would take forever for the game to launch and would disconnect me before the window popped up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Drunken Durfin
09-27-2009, 11:57 PM
What OS you running?

Bird Dog
09-27-2009, 11:58 PM
WIn XP Home

Alorn15
09-28-2009, 12:02 AM
The installer is the way to go.

A) When you did the installer... did you clear your computer of all GS-related stuff first? Psinet, SGE, SF, Wizard, etc. etc.?

B) Is your name a reference to Grimus?

Bird Dog
09-28-2009, 12:12 AM
1) No let me try that. Does the installer install the latest update?

2) No its a nick name I picked up in the Army...

Thanks for the quick replies

Bird Dog
09-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Ok I uninstalled the SGE and SF. Deleted the simu folder under program files. I ran the installer and it still does not work. Pops up unable to connect just as SF loads. Any ideas?

Drunken Durfin
09-28-2009, 12:41 AM
Did you have psinet installed previously?

If you did, uninstall will not do what you need. You have to open up and delete any reference to psinet in your registery by hand. Major pain in the ass, but worth it in the long run to have Lich.

Bird Dog
09-28-2009, 12:44 AM
No, I have never tried Psinet.

Bird Dog
09-28-2009, 02:13 AM
Alright. I got Lich 3.5 to work but only through the website.

My next question is should I update to Tillmans latest version and if so what do I need to do?

Thanks

Drunken Durfin
09-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Yes, you should be running the latest version.

Go here:

http://fluffycow.comoj.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17

Do what it says.

Bird Dog
09-28-2009, 09:17 PM
That is the problem. I followed those instructions by installing Ruby. Extracting Lich. Opening the command prompt and doing the lich.rb but nothing happens when I start up the game.

No Psinet.
I removed all simu files before installing Ruby and Lich.

What am I doing wrong?

Alorn15
09-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Ok I uninstalled the SGE and SF. Deleted the simu folder under program files. I ran the installer and it still does not work. Pops up unable to connect just as SF loads. Any ideas?

Backtracking a bit...

Did the 'unable to connect' message indicate that it was related to activeskin? Stormfront was accidentally left out of the installer, so you have to go to the website and install/update SF after running the lich installer. If you don't do this, you'll get an unable to connect/activeskin not loaded-ish message.

Bird Dog
09-28-2009, 09:42 PM
No with the installer the game would start up after a long delay. then a pop up would say no longer connected would you like to see further. ....

When I install Tillmans everything seems fine but Lich never opens up I just go straight into the game like normal. It seems as though its not linked to the SGE?

Also if I open the lich.rb icon in the folder it opens the SGE logs me in but no Lich?

Does the installer include Tillmans most recent version?

Debug file says "C:/Documents and Settings/me/.lich.cfg does not exist" Where is this lich.cfg file?

Shaelun
09-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Old copies of SGE use different information to launch your game programs, and Tillmen's latest version of Lich doesn't check it. The old versions of SGE still log you in fine & dandy though; anyway, if I read your posts correctly and v3.50 worked but Tillmen's latest one doesn't, that may be your problem.

I dunno what Lich installer you're referring to that's going so slowly, but if you can login through the website after following Tillmen's directions and have Lich active but not with SGE, then you either need to go through the website or update your copy of SGE (assuming the latest Lich is compatible with SGE.) I'd offer more help, but that's about all I can say; frankly I'm not sure just what's what with Tillmen's versions.

Anyway, good luck troubleshooting it.