PDA

View Full Version : Lich for Dummies

Anne
09-21-2009, 09:32 AM
I need a Lich for Dummies. Seriously. For really dumb dummies. Seriously.

Can anyone give me a really dumbed down primer? It's installed, so I'm good there.

Starting with map stuff, maybe.

Cause I'm really dumb.

:wtf:

Gibreficul
09-21-2009, 07:35 PM
My best advice, before even trying to "understand" Lich and its scripts is to understand the formats they're using... Regular expressions and Ruby programming language. A solid understanding of regular expressions will go a long way in Lich, along with a few basic Ruby concepts.

As for an actual "GUIDE" to it... naw... that's on you. It's so hard to dumb down a guide for it to be usable by everyone, from the cream of the crop to the "dummies" on the other end. Build on what you know. Research what you don't. Ask for help on lnet when you get stuck, and usually someone will provide some assistance.

If that still isn't enough, find Ruby Programming references.

Alorn15
09-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Understanding the power of ;e will take you a long way.

1) It's how you start scripts. You wanted map functionality? Try ';e narost' or ';e go2 <target>'
2) It gives you access to the ruby language with lich commands, so you can start testing out expressions (http://www.lichproject.com/wiki/Docs) you may want to use in scripts. Try ';e echo 60*60*3', ';e echo checkmana', or ';e echo Char.methods' if you want to be overwhelmed. Any one of those could be used within an actual script. E.G. - fput "cast 506" if checkmana >= 6

You'll also want to know ;repos download <file>, ;repos list, ;updater update.

EDIT: Gibreficul is right though. The best thing you can do is bang your head against a beginner's script, read, and ask a lot of questions. Oops. I forgot to put echo in some of those ;e's.

Monsoon
09-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Grab some scripts and take a look at them. See what does what.

Anne
09-21-2009, 09:27 PM
That's what I needed, thanks.

Understanding the power of ;e will take you a long way.

1) It's how you start scripts. You wanted map functionality? Try ';e narost' or ';e go2 <target>'
2) It gives you access to the ruby language with lich commands, so you can start testing out expressions (http://www.lichproject.com/wiki/Docs) you may want to use in scripts. Try ';e echo 60*60*3', ';e checkmana', or ';e Char.methods' if you want to be overwhelmed. Any one of those could be used within an actual script. E.G. - fput "cast 506" if checkmana >= 6

You'll also want to know ;repos download <file>, ;repos list, ;updater update.

EDIT: Gibreficul is right though. The best thing you can do is bang your head against a beginner's script, read, and ask a lot of questions.

Joseph
09-22-2009, 12:49 AM

... no you don't need ;e to start a script. just ;narost or ;go2 <variable> ... etc.

Alorn15
09-22-2009, 01:53 AM
Er, yeah... iono why I posted that. It's blatantly wrong, and won't work.