PDA

View Full Version : "The body of"

Lumi
09-19-2009, 01:59 AM
Just curious...am I the only one who highlights this string? It kinda boggled my mind tonight when I died to some bandits (FUCKING RT STACKING) on the trail between WL and Sol, and no less than six people ran by my body. Now I script between towns, too, but I can always tell when I'm walking by a body (assuming it isn't hidden).

I fired off an obscured symbol of Need, and then heard people trying to figure out where I was, all completely befuddled...including people who walked by me!

I'm not blowing a gasket or anything, I'm just genuinely curious...how do people not notice corpses when they walk right by them?

Monsoon
09-19-2009, 02:02 AM
I do.

ZeP
09-19-2009, 02:44 AM
Likely people scripting between the towns who don't know where they are going if they stop their script.. Although Landing and Sol are pretty much straight shots should be pretty easy to backtrack??

Morph
09-19-2009, 02:48 AM
yeah I highlight it also

Sam
09-19-2009, 02:59 AM
i highlight it too, so i don't accidentally walk past corpses and become considered an asshole.

Gelston
09-19-2009, 04:03 AM
I don't highlight it. I use goto on psinet aswell, and it moves so fast I will not see a corpse laying on the way there.

elcidcannon
09-19-2009, 04:53 AM
i highlight it too, so i don't accidentally walk past corpses and become considered an asshole.

ditto

Sylvan Dreams
09-19-2009, 08:52 AM
The scripts sometimes move too fast for you to notice anything, highlights or no.

CrystalTears
09-19-2009, 08:55 AM
I ran scripts all the time too, however I also had it highlighted as well. I'd stop my script, scroll back and then send a tell stating that someone was dead and in what area.

No matter how fast my script went, I always noticed highlights and could scroll back to see where they were, dead or not.

pabstblueribbon
09-19-2009, 12:13 PM
You obviously didnt use go2 or psinets goto. They will use typeahead lines if they can and absolutely fucking fly. Its not like a wizard or stormfront script.

Loyrl
09-19-2009, 12:17 PM
I do, its Red. I use the Goto but I still see corpses.

Methais
09-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Just curious...am I the only one who highlights this string? It kinda boggled my mind tonight when I died to some bandits (FUCKING RT STACKING) on the trail between WL and Sol, and no less than six people ran by my body. Now I script between towns, too, but I can always tell when I'm walking by a body (assuming it isn't hidden).

I fired off an obscured symbol of Need, and then heard people trying to figure out where I was, all completely befuddled...including people who walked by me!

I'm not blowing a gasket or anything, I'm just genuinely curious...how do people not notice corpses when they walk right by them?

I think it's safe to say that AN OVERWHELMING PORTION of people go afk or tab over to something else while a travel script is running. Or at the very least aren't paying attention to their room window just in case they walk past a corpse.

Hell half the time I run my script to Temple Nelemar, I tab over to another window, then I forget I was playing GS and come back stunned/dead/disarmed/etc.

And/or by the time I realize I was playing GS and tab back over, I don't feel like playing anymore and log out.

Allereli
09-19-2009, 12:33 PM
I used to

Lumi
09-19-2009, 02:20 PM
I don't highlight it. I use goto on psinet aswell, and it moves so fast I will not see a corpse laying on the way there.

The scripts sometimes move too fast for you to notice anything, highlights or no.

You obviously didnt use go2 or psinets goto. They will use typeahead lines if they can and absolutely fucking fly. Its not like a wizard or stormfront script.

I do use PSInet goto, and it does "fucking fly", for sure. But if you have the string highlighted, I see absolutely no way someone could not notice it unless he's not watching the window (which is a separate issue).

I ran scripts all the time too, however I also had it highlighted as well. I'd stop my script, scroll back and then send a tell stating that someone was dead and in what area.

No matter how fast my script went, I always noticed highlights and could scroll back to see where they were, dead or not.

This.

Lumi
09-19-2009, 02:25 PM
09-19-2009 02:39 AM You are as unmemorable in a text game as you are on these boards

Memorable enough for you to keep following me around the forums and neg repping me, cum guzzler.

pabstblueribbon
09-19-2009, 05:09 PM
I was responding to CT Lumni.

I doubt I'd see it the highlight string. I doubt even more that I would care to stop and help if I did.

Why is it that people always assume that your character should stop and drag a body back to town if it sees one? And then get butthurt and assume you're afk scripting when you don't?

Oh. Yeah probably cause I was afk scripting. Muhah.

Soulpieced
09-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Set Death Off.

Gelston
09-19-2009, 05:25 PM
I do use PSInet goto, and it does "fucking fly", for sure. But if you have the string highlighted, I see absolutely no way someone could not notice it unless he's not watching the window (which is a separate issue).

This.

Thats great if you do, but I don't. Highlighted or not, I'm not going to catch a corpse. And as Methais said, I'm usually not paying attention to, or only halfway paying attention to GS when traveling.

arlia
09-20-2009, 01:55 AM
I highlight "the body of" as well.

Asha
09-20-2009, 06:33 AM
I've left it highlighted light blue in my settings from way back when I cared when someone was dead. Now I just walk by them anyway as it's a game about levelling and experience, nothing at all about RP or whatever else :)

Divinity
09-20-2009, 05:22 PM
I have it highlighted light blue as well. Depending on who I'm playing, I might care to stop... maybe.