PDA

View Full Version : Fletching with Haste

Jace Solo
09-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Master Scripters,
Good day to all!

I am absolutely horrible at writing scripts. I can write the basics but when it comes for adding the line for checking/adding spells (for example, adding those commands for haste in a fletching script) I am totally lost.

Could anyone help me out with that. Either inform me how to do it myself, or place those lines inside a good script. I'm based in the landing and doing a little wizard fletching. His skill is zero at the moment but I plan on maxing it with the help of haste.

I'd appreciate it!
Thanks,
Ruty

Alorn15
09-16-2009, 11:56 AM
I've got a lich one posted. Within the normal FE scripting language, it can be difficult to add haste without risk to your nerves.

BriarFox
09-16-2009, 12:11 PM
I've got a lich one posted. Within the normal FE scripting language, it can be difficult to add haste without risk to your nerves.

I could do it in about 100 lines of code. Pathetic that it's that complicated or I'm that bad, really.

Jace Solo
09-16-2009, 01:23 PM
I don't run lich...I guess I could look into it. Just PSINet. BUT if you were to do that...I would work on getting lich.

Do you really think it would risk the nerves? If you could put in to do a sigil of concentration every 15 min that'd be cool too

ElvenFury
09-16-2009, 01:26 PM
It's really not hard to check your mana level with a SF script, the hard part for me would be identifying when the spell drops. It's impossible to have the script watching constantly for the text match.

Alorn15
09-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I guess you could just match against Mana:0 through Mana:6 to not fry your nerves.

As far as checking that you've lost haste, the simple way to do it would just double/triple the script, have it go through the whole process 2 or even 3 times, and then haste.

ElvenFury
09-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I guess you could just match against Mana:0 through Mana:6 to not fry your nerves.

I used to send mana to a bogus name:

MANACHECK:
put send 6 aaaa
match NOMANA [not enough mana messaging]
match CASTHASTE [could not find person messaging]
matchwait

Some people don't like doing it that way, but I always thought it worked well.

As far as checking that you've lost haste, the simple way to do it would just double/triple the script, have it go through the whole process 2 or even 3 times, and then haste.

That's probably what I'd end up doing.

BriarFox
09-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Sending to an absent person is an awesome idea. I'm writing scripts for Avalon at the moment, though, and the wait command doesn't work right. You have any idea how much harder that makes it? Argh!! I have to match every possible second of RT if I want the script to run as fast as possible, though the easy and slow way is just to wait for the max rt every time.

Jace Solo
09-16-2009, 02:36 PM
So then you'd just loop the MANACHECK synapse right before each function with roundtime?

What you posted Elven Fury:

MANACHECK:
put send 6 aaaa
match NOMANA [not enough mana messaging]
match CASTHASTE [could not find person messaging]
matchwait

Is for sending mana right? I'm not going to be sending, so I'd just leave out that first line? If it goes to the NOMANA line have that loop to just starting the action and if it goes tot he CASTHASTE line have a short command for casting haste and picking up with the RT action right after that?

So something like
Blah
Blah
Blah
goto CHECKMANA

CHECKMANA
match 0-5=goto NOMANA
match 6+=goto CASTHASTE

NOMANA
goto FLETCH

CASTHASTE
put 506
wait 3
goto FLETCH

FLETCH
Blah
Blah

repeat?

That seems to be how it'd work in my head...that's seriously how bad I am at scripting. I'd probably need a book to decipher the commands and properly execute them.

Is that close?

signed - Dumbass not meant for Coding

StrayRogue
09-16-2009, 02:37 PM
A safer way is to send to yourself:

checkmana3:
pause 60
put send 200 seluus
Match gohunt Channeling to yourself?
match checkmana3 You don't have that many points to transfer!
match heal You are in no condition to be performing this ritual!
matchwait

notenough:
put health
match wracking Remaining Spirit Points: 10
match wracking Remaining Spirit Points: 9
match wracking Remaining Spirit Points: 8
match gorest Remaining Spirit Points: 7
match gorest Remaining Spirit Points: 6
match gorest Remaining Spirit Points: 5
match gorest Remaining Spirit Points: 4
match gorest Remaining Spirit Points: 3
match gorest Remaining Spirit Points: 2
match gorest Remaining Spirit Points: 1
matchwait

Wracking:
put sign of wracking
waitfor You
goto waiting

waiting:
pause 30
put health
match spellup1 Remaining Spirit Points: 10
match spellup1 Remaining Spirit Points: 9
match spellup1 Remaining Spirit Points: 8
match spellup1 Remaining Spirit Points: 7
match spellup1 Remaining Spirit Points: 6
match spellup1 Remaining Spirit Points: 5
match spellup1 Remaining Spirit Points: 4
match waiting Remaining Spirit Points: 3
match waiting Remaining Spirit Points: 2
match waiting Remaining Spirit Points: 1
matchwait

ElvenFury
09-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Sending to an absent person is an awesome idea. I'm writing scripts for Avalon at the moment, though, and the wait command doesn't work right. You have any idea how much harder that makes it? Argh!! I have to match every possible second of RT if I want the script to run as fast as possible, though the easy and slow way is just to wait for the max rt every time.

Yeah, I used to have this problem with SF at times too. Sometimes I made catches that would go like:

wait
ACTION:
put [action]
match WAITLOOP wait
match MOREACTION [action messaging]
matchwait

WAITLOOP:
pause 1
GOTO ACTION

(Pardon the stupid naming.) This way the script will continue to try every second until the action goes through. It can scroll your screen retardedly at times, but if you're more concerned with script speed it might help.

EDIT TO ADD: You could always change wait to "pause [minimum rt]", and then go into the loop. For small RTs it would probably work well.

Jace Solo
09-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Send to myself because it wont let me? Then match the amount of mana it says that I have available to send and run it off that?

BriarFox
09-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I used to have this problem with SF at times too. Sometimes I made catches that would go like:

wait
ACTION:
put [action]
match WAITLOOP wait
match MOREACTION [action messaging]
matchwait

WAITLOOP:
pause 1
GOTO ACTION

(Pardon the stupid naming.) This way the script will continue to try every second until the action goes through. It can scroll your screen retardedly at times, but if you're more concerned with script speed it might help.

EDIT TO ADD: You could always change wait to "pause [minimum rt]", and then go into the loop. For small RTs it would probably work well.

Nice fix. Actually, though, it's a different problem. When you input WAIT or PAUSE in a script with no specific time, the script just hangs. In SF, WAIT or PAUSE will continue when RT ends, which is much nicer.

Alorn15
09-16-2009, 02:47 PM
It's just an arbitrary way of checking if you have the mana to cast haste.

ElvenFury
09-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Send to myself because it wont let me? Then match the amount of mana it says that I have available to send and run it off that?

As a mana check. When you send, you get different messaging back depending on whether you have the mana or not. Sending to yourself ensures that you don't actually waste any mana, although there aren't any names that start with "aaaa" anyway, so either way works.

Morrff
09-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Trust me Ruty. Invest the time into getting Lich. Which should take all of 10 minutes even if you have to manually set everything. Just make sure to follow the instructions carefully. You will need to uninstall Psinet meanwhile, but you can reinstall it after. Word of advice though, backup ALL your GS related files in another folder on your desktop or on an external Hard Drive Disk, USB flash drive whatever, just back them up for good measure.

There are two versions of Lich out currently, well two different, besides all the older/newer versions(3.50, 3.67 etc). One is Shaelun's version who created Lich in the first place. The 2nd which I reccomend you get and use is Tillmen's version, which is updated, bug fixes and new things added regularly. It is also fully written in the Ruby language as Shaelun's version is not.

You can find either link in the sticky thread inside the Lich folder here. Not only are the scripts built into the ;repo worth while getting Lich for, but you'll be able to learn how to write your own scripts along the way playing with it.

Cylas