PDA

View Full Version : Should I change my training?

Anebriated
03-06-2004, 02:55 PM
Alright, i have been debating this change for awhile but havent found anyone to help me test it. Currently im trained for archery and brawling. I will not change from that. I do wonder what would happen if i dropped from 2x brawling to 1x brawling. As a ranger I have mobilies which boosts my MB and 617 which aids in crit damage. Would it be worth it to lose a little redux(currently around 10%)but gain 3 spells(putting me at 638 and 101) and mana share? Ultimately i plan on getting to 640 and 120 before i stop training in spells. I have up to 636 right now. Any suggestions. oh, im 38 trainings if that makes a difference, my MB varies from 270 to 290.

StrayRogue
03-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Heh, I had this exact discussion with Graysalin the other night. Post your training and we'll see what we can do. Gray wanted to incorporate CM into his plan for Stealth Mastery and Mfire. To be honest, having two over-powered weapon skills, to me, is pointless. What I'd do is NOT fixskills your brawling to 1x, then see if you can hunt with it. Then, if you can't either get rid of it all, or bump it back up to 2x.

The beauty of this new system is, you can miss trainings in one skill and make it up elsewhere. I'd drop all brawling, get all your spells (which you'll be able to do via 1.5xing), then as you gain levels, build your brawl back up.

[Edited on 6-3-04 by StrayRogue]

Anebriated
03-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Level: 37 Deeds: 0
Experience: 1573735 Deaths this level: 4
Exp. until next: 2765 Death Recovery: 0
Mental TPs: 0 Fame: 5197850
Physical TPs: 9 Mana: 102/122 max
(12 Phy converted to Mnt)

Elrodin (at level 37), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 138 39
Ranged Weapons.....................| 178 78
Brawling...........................| 178 78
Ambush.............................| 138 39
Physical Fitness...................| 138 39
Dodging............................| 138 39
Magic Item Use.....................| 50 10
Harness Power......................| 138 39
Survival...........................| 138 39
Stalking and Hiding................| 178 78
Perception.........................| 178 78
Climbing...........................| 70 15
Swimming...........................| 25 5

Spell Lists
Ranger.............................| 36
Training Points: 9 Phy 0 Mnt (12 Phy converted to Mnt)
PsiNet has recorded your current skills.
(Use SKILLS BASE to display unmodified ranks and goals)

I guess the big thing is that if i drop the brawling then ill lose redux, dont know how much, but if i do drop it ill have 640 on time which blocks something like 20% of all attacks without even counting in evade/block/parry. I use brawling with undead and archery with living, thats why i train in the two overpowered skills.

Anebriated
03-07-2004, 01:00 AM
*bump*

Halfsilver
03-07-2004, 01:04 AM
Stay is a big help, Elrodin. Listen to him.

I dropped most of my MC and recovered a TON of tp's.

I then replaced them into CM and achieved 20 ranks, which is awesome, and at very little sacrifice. I also recieved a little bit of redux, as well.

very cool.

Anebriated
03-07-2004, 02:14 AM
the only problem with what Stray said is that Brawling is currently my primary form of attack. I have been in the inner war of Varunar tearing apart the warhorses and lords, when im not being kicked anyway. To drop all of it would mean i have to go hunt somewhere else as they dont puncture, and i need the favor. maybe ill see how far i can drop it and still gain the spells i want...

StrayRogue
03-07-2004, 11:43 AM
If you drop brawling, you'll only lose a small fraction of redux. Weapon skills are only secondary. If you're that concerned, bump PT up a bit. Rationalize what you wish to do. You can't be decent in your secondary abilities yet have two decent weapon skills, especially like archery, which requires you to be proficient in ambush and perception. Yet, if you drop Archery, you'll need to take up shield etc...

I can't make this choice for you, you've trained pretty damned well. But something has got to give, somewhere. Personally, for three spells, dropping brawling isn't worth it, especially if you are stopping your spell training soon.

Anebriated
03-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Soon is relative, im hoping to reach 640 and 120, that means im still 24 spells away. It took me 3+ years to reach 38, i cant imagine how long the next 24 will take... All in all i guess i will just wait it out, pretty soon ill be able to take on bonespear thanks to the non magic area and my brawling. With my companion to help and a little haste ill be able to handle the swarms quite nicely. I guess i just wanted what everyone else had... I also dont think its possible to use the TP's any more effectively than I have. At 38 im at most 20 TP's converted. currently at 12 converted after i did inter level training for more armor, PT and Brawling. Anyway thanks for the advice, seems im going to leave as is.