PDA

View Full Version : The Way of the Samurai

Mabus
09-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Johns Hopkins student kills intruder with samurai sword, police say (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bal-sword0915,0,4027961.story)

An excerpt:

A Johns Hopkins University student armed with a samurai sword killed a man who broke into the garage of his off-campus residence early Tuesday, a Baltimore police spokesman said.

According to preliminary reports, a resident of the 300 block of E. University Parkway called police about a suspicious person, department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said. An off-duty officer responded about 1:20 a.m. to the area with university security, according to Guglielmi. They heard shouts and screams from a neighboring house and found the suspected burglar suffering from a nearly severed hand and laceration to his upper body, he said.

The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene. Based on the initial investigation, the student killed the man with only one strike of the sword, according to Guglielmi. The medical examiner will make the final determination, he said.

The student told police that he heard a commotion in the house and went downstairs armed with the sword, Guglielmi said. He saw the side door to the garage had been pried open and found a man inside, who lunged at the student. There was no indication that the suspected burglar was armed, however, according to Guglielmi.

I hope they do not charge the guy. Never know.

BriarFox
09-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Johns Hopkins student kills intruder with samurai sword, police say (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bal-sword0915,0,4027961.story)

An excerpt:

I hope they do not charge the guy. Never know.

On his property, under attack, with one strike - should be self-defense easy.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-15-2009, 04:32 PM
This is awesome. I hope to god they don't charge him, that would be retarded.

AnticorRifling
09-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Severed his hand ..... and they found him unarmed HAHAHAHAHA it writes itself.

Some Rogue
09-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Before they saw what university it was, did anyone else think it was probably Bob? :D

Kuyuk
09-15-2009, 06:15 PM
They discovered a suspected burglar with a severed left hand and severe lacerations to his upper body, Guglielmi said.

Not a one shot kill, but still awesomecakes.

nub
09-15-2009, 06:46 PM

He said it was one shot, though not immediate death, death through attrition. He kept following the guy so he wouldn't sit and mend hissself.

Soulpieced
09-15-2009, 07:00 PM
I have a sword in the master bedroom for just such an occasion.

BriarFox
09-15-2009, 07:18 PM
He said it was one shot, though not immediate death, death through attrition. He kept following the guy so he wouldn't sit and mend hissself.

You see a bedraggled burglar.
He has nothing special.
He has a severed left hand and deep lacerations to his chest.

Drevihyin
09-15-2009, 08:30 PM
I have a sword in the master bedroom for just such an occasion.

I prefer the gun in the master bedroom, hall closet and basement stairwell.

Danical
09-15-2009, 08:38 PM

The burglar probably instinctively tried to block the sword with his hand when it came down on him causing pwnage of the hand and upper torso.

septus
09-15-2009, 09:20 PM
I prefer the gun in the master bedroom, hall closet and basement stairwell.

I keep a candlestick in the library and a lead pipe in the laboratory.

landy
09-15-2009, 09:42 PM
They don't say if the katana had standard weighting or what enchant. Lousy article.

Delias
09-15-2009, 09:50 PM
They don't say if the katana had standard weighting or what enchant. Lousy article.

What if you are in the bedroom and they are going through your closet? Then they are definitely armed, too.

Also, unless it was an old school katana (falchion based), then it was heavy crit weighting. Duh.

BriarFox
09-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Probably one of the standard fox quest katanas.

inso
09-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Heh, just graduated from JHU in May. We've had several murders on campus in recent history, and Baltimore is a shithole in general.

Not surprised it happened- burglars there are retarded. Was eating at a restaurant one day and some guy tried to hold up the dry cleaner across the street with a knife. The same dry cleaner he had robbed a week or two before. The owner had learned his lesson and got a gun- shot him three times.

http://collegeacb.com/sb.php?school=jhu&page=thread&id=106178&p=1

Can't write a school legend better than this, heh.

Jayvn
09-15-2009, 10:18 PM
BAD FUCKING ASS... i love pc for delivering news i missed...

diethx
09-16-2009, 12:58 AM
http://collegeacb.com/sb.php?school=jhu&page=thread&id=106178&p=1

Can't write a school legend better than this, heh.

Posted by anonymous 09/15/2009 03:18 PM
Hiro Nakamura

Ahahaha.

Sean of the Thread
09-16-2009, 03:22 AM

Immediate death/end of threat would be the result of a blown brain (in this case severed head) or spinal column/cord severed/shot.

This perp is still a threat for the average two minutes or so it takes to bleed out to death with a mortal wound.

There would have been possibly a quick 4-5 shots in a a second and a swift kick to the head (If there was one left... guns don't leave pretty "dots" for wounds like on TV) if I found someone in my domicile.

Anyways this article reminded me of Bob back in the day. Then oddly Star Wars kid which led me to LARP turds.

Asha
09-16-2009, 04:28 AM
Severed his hand ..... and they found him unarmed HAHAHAHAHA it writes itself.

hahahahahahaha