PDA

View Full Version : reason to kill someone

Reyek
03-06-2004, 01:03 PM
From an RP standpoint, would it be okay to kill someone for attacking/killing your familar/companion?

Trinitis
03-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Hell Ya. Thats your pet man. If some dude randomly came to your yard and beat the shit out of your dog with a baseball bat you think you'd do something? Damn right.

J-Tech
03-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Damn streight, what Adredrin said.

Reyek
03-06-2004, 01:06 PM
The long thorny vine lashes out violently at a fox, entangling it!
... 30 points of damage!
Arm twists painfully behind the back as the fox is thrown forward!

Hurt my fox. :(

Betheny
I'd say yes.

Snapp
Yes, its acceptable.. especially if it's a companion.

Reyek
03-06-2004, 01:07 PM
This was a wizard's familar but he did it on purpose. So he died.

Bobmuhthol
03-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Murp does it all the time. I once dueled his panther or whatever he has.

It was a draw, I couldn't hit it and he couldn't command it to attack me.

Reyek
03-06-2004, 01:19 PM
>
Ryku gestures while summoning the spirits of nature to his aid...
>
Ryku gestures.
>
A long thorny vine suddenly sprouts from the ground and begins to thrash about violently!
The long thorny vine lashes out violently at a fox, dragging it to the ground!
... 20 points of damage!
Fierce arm lock twists a fox's right arm!

>
Ryku gestures at a fox.
>se
[Maernstrike Caverns, Tunnel]

Obvious exits: southwest, northwest
Reyek and Surgla followed.
>sw

Obvious exits: northeast, southwest
>sw
Great Lord Devlun's group just arrived.
You notice a long thorny vine, and a fox (prone).
Also here: Great Lord Ryku
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast
>se
You notice a kiramon worker.
Obvious exits: southeast, northwest
>
>nw
Great Lord Devlun's group just arrived.
You notice a long thorny vine, and a fox (prone).
Also here: Great Lord Ryku
>

.cast 519 ry

[Press the ESCape key to abort script.]
prep 519
You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Immolation...
Your spell is ready.
[Script]>stance off
cast at ry
You are now in an offensive stance.
[Script]>You gesture at Ryku.
CS: +249 - TD: +210 + CvA: +2 + d100: +84 - -5 == +130
Warding failed!
Wisps of black smoke swirl around Ryku and he bursts into flame!
... 20 points of damage!
Nasty burns to right arm. Gonna need lots of butter.
He is stunned!
... 25 points of damage!
Flames incinerate left leg to the bone. Not a pleasant sight.
He is knocked to the ground!
... 20 points of damage!
Nasty burns to right arm. Gonna need lots of butter.

The flames around Ryku continue to burn!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
[Script]>stance def

[Script finished!]
Cast Round Time in effect: Setting stance to guarded.

Surgla gazes heavenward.
>'no attacking my fox
You say, "No attacking my fox."
>
The long thorny vine lashes out violently at a kiramon worker, dragging it to the ground!
... 15 points of damage!
Attempt to grab from behind shrugged off.
>
.cast 519 ry

prep 519
You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Immolation...
Your spell is ready.
[Script]>stance off
cast at ry
CS: +249 - TD: +210 + CvA: +2 + d100: +37 - -5 == +83
Warded off!
Wisps of black smoke swirl around Ryku for a moment, then dissipate.
[Script]>stance def

[Script finished!]
>

.cast 519 ry

prep 519
Your spell is ready.
[Script]>stance off
cast at ry
CS: +249 - TD: +210 + CvA: +2 + d100: +47 - -5 == +93
Warded off!
[Script]>
The flames surrounding Ryku flare up violently...
... 5 points of damage!
Minor burns to abdomen. Looks painful.

The flames surrounding Ryku quickly die down.
[Script]>stance def

[Script finished!]
>
Ryku stands up.
>
.cast 519 ry

prep 519
Your spell is ready.
[Script]>stance off
cast at ry
CS: +249 - TD: +210 + CvA: +2 + d100: +82 - -5 == +128
Warding failed!
... 15 points of damage!
Burst of flames to back fries shoulder blades. Youch!
He is stunned!
... 20 points of damage!
Horrid burns seal left eye. Consider an eyepatch.

The flames around Ryku continue to burn!
[Script]>stance def

[Script finished!]
>l
You notice a long thorny vine and a fox (prone).
Also here: Reyek, Lord Surgla, a stunned Great Lord Ryku
>
The long thorny vine lashes out violently at a fox, entangling it!
... 30 points of damage!
Arm twists painfully behind the back as the fox is thrown forward!
>
.cast 519 ry

prep 519
[Script]>You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Immolation...
Your spell is ready.
[Script]>stance off
cast at ry
CS: +249 - TD: +210 + CvA: +2 + d100: +49 - -5 == +95
Warded off!
[Script]>stance def

[Script finished!]
>
>
.cast 519 ry

prep 519
Your spell is ready.
[Script]>stance off
cast at ry
CS: +249 - TD: +210 + CvA: +2 + d100: +79 - -5 == +125
Warding failed!
... 15 points of damage!
Burst of flames to left arm toasts skin to elbows.
He is stunned!
... 25 points of damage!
Abdomen bursts into flames. Would be funny without the blood.

* Ryku drops dead at your feet!

Ryku loses a thorny barrier.
Ryku seems to lose some dexterity.
Ryku seems to lose an aura of confidence.
The powerful look leaves Ryku.
The deep blue glow leaves Ryku.
Ryku appears less powerful.
The air about Ryku stops shimmering.
The very powerful look leaves Ryku.
The white light leaves Ryku.
Ryku seems to lose some internal strength.
Ryku returns to normal color.
The light blue glow leaves Ryku.
Ryku no longer appears to be listening intently.
[Script]>stance def

[Script finished!]
>'bad ryku bad
You say, "Bad ryku bad."

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Reyek]

Drew2
03-06-2004, 01:22 PM
It didn't seem intentional.

Then again, you're dumb, so I'm not expecting you to see that.

Skirmisher
03-06-2004, 01:22 PM
You could have left, no?

I could see a stun or something, but repeated attacks is going overboard in my opinion.

Bobmuhthol
03-06-2004, 01:25 PM
You're such a fucking pussy.

OH NO I NEED A SCRIPT TO CAST A SPELL AT SOMEONE I MUST LOVE TO SUCK AT LIFE.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-06-2004, 01:27 PM
I think a stun was probably enough, tangle weed isn't targeted I don't think.

J-Tech
03-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Tangle weed might not be targetd.

From Reyek's Log:
Ryku gestures at a fox.

I'd say that was intentional.

J.T.

Skirmisher
03-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Oooof...really? I missed that. I had thought it was an error.

If they did that on purpose then maybe....I still think a stun might do it for me, but I would not look horribly upon someone for going a bit farther.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Oh yeah, for sure then. I missed that part. Kill the fucker.

Zeyrin
03-06-2004, 01:43 PM
Bust their ass and show them who the boss is.

Drew2
03-06-2004, 01:43 PM
I saw no prepping of a spell before he gestured, which means it was edited out. Who are we to know if it was a harmful spell or not if we didn't see the prep.

Either way Reyek/Devon is dumb.

Reyek
03-06-2004, 01:52 PM
Ryku gestures at a fox.

intentional

and i was not in the room. as you can see as i walked into it to attack him.

And who is Devon?

J-Tech
03-06-2004, 01:53 PM
It was spike thorn, i was with him. He was purposely being an asshole to Devlun's familiar cause i killed Ryku for being a dip shit scripter that kept attacking my critters...

J.T.

StrayRogue
03-06-2004, 01:55 PM
It depends, if you intentionally send it after someone, expect a retaliation.

Reyek
03-06-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Reyek
Ryku gestures at a fox.

intentional

and i was not in the room. as you can see as i walked into it to attack him. and sinc eyou obviously dont know what you see when your looking through a familar eyes... you dont always see everything. and just cause he gestured at my fox doesnt mean he didnt fumble the second cast. the first cast that he did hit was enough. Ryku is a Ranger couldnt be casting nice spells on my familar.

And who is Devon?

Edited to make sure the idiotic can understand.

And Also tayre be constructive with your replies to my posts. If you have a problem with me deal with it. Have your period, get over it, what ever you need to float your boat. your constant negativity wears thin.

Drew2
03-06-2004, 02:13 PM
Whatever the hell your wizard's name is. Devin, Dumbass, I don't know/care.

Also my negativity only extends to stupid people, like yourself. Everything is a pissing contest with you and it always has been. No one gives a shit that your characters in a TEXT BASED GAME can kill/are better than anyone elses. Please explain to any of your non-geek friends (assuming you have any) how important it is that you can Bane a level 40 ranger and kill him or her in one hit. I'm sure they will be FASCINATED. :rolleyes:

Also, no rule says I'm required to be constructive to you. My opinion of you won't change because you think you were treated unfairly. I'm sure you deserved it in one way or another.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-06-2004, 02:15 PM
wow. Pwnage running rampant!

Reyek
03-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Yea i think someone needs to get laid. You obviously dont know me and are trying to start a fight cause you feel inadequate about yourself. I feel pitty for you.

StrayRogue
03-06-2004, 02:16 PM
I'm still curious of two things. Why the familiar was there, and why having such a high CS you hunt perhaps the most pathetic creature in the game? It doesn't take skill to kill a kiramon.

J-Tech
03-06-2004, 02:18 PM
ROFLMAO!

J.T.

Reyek
03-06-2004, 02:19 PM
And since your too stupid to read lets try this.... D E V L UN. YOU FUCKING DUMB ASS TWIT.

Reyek
03-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Bolting against a kiramon is different then casting CS spells. My wizard is 43 and kiramon are 40-48 and i fry easy there. but im moving hunting areas after this level. The familar was just sitting there after i casted it and was just watching people walk by. he stopped and casted at him.

StrayRogue
03-06-2004, 02:22 PM
Why was the familiar there?

Reyek
03-06-2004, 02:22 PM
i just told ya.

Snapp
03-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Morons killing morons.

Nieninque
03-06-2004, 04:14 PM
This is a stupid thread.
You are using companions to justify your stupid actions.
Companions can be killed if they are in attack stance. Or if they get caught up in something nasty (mass bolts or stuff).
Familiars can only get killed as far as I know by something like Implode...and they they still do stuff, they just look dead.
There is a big difference in a companion being killed (read the ranger threads on the official boards to see why) and a familiar being cast at (read the wizard thread on the official boards to see how wizards are pissed off because you cant even interact with a familiar, let alone attack it).

Here's a test I did on someone's familiar (with permission - she knew I couldnt hurt it with spikethorn).

A red fox pads into the area.
>616 fox
*** TypoHelp: Converted "616 fox" to PREP 616 and CAST fox

You gesture while summoning the spirits of nature to aid you with the Spike Thorn spell...
Your spell is ready.
>
You gesture at a red fox.
It's not good form to mess with someone's familiar.
>

Deserve a death?

Reyek
03-06-2004, 04:28 PM
dunno how he got to attack it but he did. Spike thorn has an area affect too doesnt it?

Nieninque
03-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Reyek
dunno how he got to attack it but he did. Spike thorn has an area affect too doesnt it?

Nope

Tangleweed is an area spell, not targetted and can pull down familiars...spikethorn is a targetted spell and cant touch em

Reyek
03-06-2004, 04:37 PM
I dont know how he did it but he did do damage to my familar and then gesture at it again.

Betheny
03-06-2004, 04:38 PM
Open implode will kill familiars too.

Trinitis
03-06-2004, 04:40 PM
Killing him was a bit overboard..I mean..just release your pet and call another one. A nice stun and warning was called for though

Nieninque
03-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
Open implode will kill familiars too.

Yeah, I saw that happen once, but the familiar still did the stuff it can do, I think the description said it was dead, or something like that.

Snapp
03-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Killer weed probably would have hurt them.. but I don't even think that spell exists anymore does it?

Ryku
03-07-2004, 02:14 AM
Welp...what can i say. I tried to make a script a few weeks ago, ended up making something that poached kills and pissed people off. Not what i intended. I've been playing this game for 7 long fucking years the normal way, 6-10 hrs a day, swing rest, swing rest. Then about a month ago i found these boards and scripting, i think i've payed my dues. And for the record i've never RPed, i dont play this game because i have nothing better to do, or need to make imaginary online friends, i hunt and rest and dont say a fucking word anyway, i play this game because im addicted.

Again, I did not want my script to piss anyone off. I ask around and get info from lots of people as to how to make it a non-poaching script, Reyek/Devlun was one of those people in fact. My script doesnt poach, you know that Reyek. So this is what the people who help me make a non-poaching script do, they kill me. I've been killed every night for the past three nights, by Emelyn the first night, then Emelyn with Devlun watching the second, the third night the group of Surgla, Reyek, and Devlun killed me, technically Surgla killed me but Devlun was just laughing and having a good time like always, and then once this morning, by good old Devlun because of this whole familiar shitfest. (I've got the logs if anyone wants proof).

This morning i had had enough, accidently hit Devlun's familiar cuz it was following me around during my hunt while i was tangling two kiramon in the room. The weed hit the fox since it had just came in following me, and got hit. Not being happy about being followed by the familiar of the same people who have been involved in killing me for the past three nights in a row, I took a spike thorn cast at the familiar, ya i did. Didnt do anything as you can all see.

4 deaths in three days from the same people for the most part, how would you deal with it? The VERY people who have helped me BUILD this script! FUCK! Don't you script yourself Reyek? Yeah! Why stand by when these guys are fucking me over? I dont do anything to anyone, i do my thing, dont poach kills, dont talk any shit to or about anyone, just like i used to, but now the computer does it for me!

From an apparently unprovoked attack and killing three nights in a row, what would you like me to think when one of your familiars follows me around while i hunt? This whole situation has been extremely unpleasant and again, unprovoked.

-Ryku

Reyek
03-07-2004, 02:25 AM
i didnt attack you not 1 time till you attacked my fox. and it wasnt following you around that was someone elses... BTW if you need help right a script that doesnt take other peoples kills i can help you on that.

Ryku
03-07-2004, 02:28 AM
I have written a script that doesnt take other people's kills, theres a limit to what you can do. My script looks for disks, other people, stunned critters in the room, and after i've stunned something, it checks to make sure someone else hasn't come out of hiding or anything after their own swing. If i stun a critter and there is someone in the room after i do so, i walk away. ALL i care about in my script is killing things and not pissing anyone off.

Reyek
03-07-2004, 02:28 AM
and your script does take others kills i seen it do it. not often but it does happen. i think your match string needs some work. And that night Emelyn and i was in the room... From what i saw she didnt attack you either looks like your script failed at some point to me. dunno what happened all i did was give her mana and then you died as a defender attacked you but miss, apparently you were poisoned during that time frame.. dunno

Snapp
03-07-2004, 02:35 AM
And then there's the other side of the story.. way to go. I think you've killed him enough now.

Reyek
03-07-2004, 02:38 AM
i only killed him once/ Surgla once and from what i see either emeyln or the kiramon did the first one. since he was standing i would say his script failed and it got him but not sure on that one. I dont plan on attacking him unless he attacks me.

Weedmage Princess
03-07-2004, 02:58 AM
Ryku gestures.
>
A long thorny vine suddenly sprouts from the ground and begins to thrash about violently!
The long thorny vine lashes out violently at a fox, dragging it to the ground!
... 20 points of damage!
Fierce arm lock twists a fox's right arm!
<<

That was the very first attack. The fox was already hurt, if you look he gestured at the fox AFTER he just open cast. The way I read it, it could mean a couple of things. You sort of flew off the handle, Reyek.

Don't get me wrong..I've always been in favor of protecting what's dear to you...be it your mate or your pet...however, I don't know Reyek, I'd think you'd atleast stop to ask what's going on before going off and killing someone.

Reyek
03-07-2004, 03:02 AM
agreeable on that standpoint. I talked to Ryku and ironed out the differences and sqaushed the fight... gonna help him with his scripting needs so the poaching doesnt continue. gonnna also try and get emeyln to back off too ....

Ryku
03-07-2004, 03:09 AM
Your a good guy Reyek, thanks. Emelyn i dont know but man, she's out to get me thats for damn sure. Running around dispelling me in the wilds and knocking me to the ground, and night after night to boot! damn that woman is pissed at me for somethin'....

-Ryku

MPSorc
03-07-2004, 04:03 AM
well a mostly happy ending to say the least.

Ryku im just like you man, been around a while, just hunt on my own mostly with macros but never scripts, i can't get the hang of em. but i would keep a close eye for those who are targeting you for scripting, they are most likely doing it because they think you are unattended scripting, just highlight the names of the people you think are pestering you, and monitor for a while and see if they mess with you then mess back.

Reyek
03-07-2004, 04:43 AM
Its ok im just gonna murder him before he moves to his new hunting area ;) j/k

FinisWolf
03-08-2004, 05:43 AM
I have to say, with some of the wussy familiars my wizard gets, it really depends on the familiar. If its a penguin, who really cares, but now if its a wolf... KILL!

Finiswolf

Reyek
03-08-2004, 07:30 AM
but then again. your wizard is wussy as it is ;)

Fengus
03-08-2004, 10:52 PM
People act like they give a rats ass about their familars but then let them follow people around or sit in a room for hours on end.

After hearing from the victim I think this situation can be summed up thusly: these cowards, knowing that you are scripting, want to take advantage of your inattentiveness.

BTW That was the lamest murder I've ever seen, did that take you like 20 minutes?

As a side note I consider a fam following me an aggressive act. Its like the wizards version of stalk and equally as dangerous, unless the wizard is a retard as it seems this one is.

Reyek
03-09-2004, 07:09 AM
20 minutes? it took 3 or 4 casts for him to die you moron. Less then that if i didnt get the crappy roll.

Galleazzo
03-09-2004, 10:24 AM
6-10 hours a day playing is normal? Fuck.

Ya know, reading this, reading X going after Shalla, reading Hulk going after T, I just got to giggle remembering the U2U I got over how this was a real nice board before my negativity came on board. I answered, fuck that, everyone goes for everyone else's throat. Pretty effing comical.