PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Lobster Winery & Bulk Fish Monger Surplus Emporium

LordBacl
09-12-2009, 01:01 AM
a giant blue lobster-shaped tavern with a carved dark oak balcony circling the head like a crown.

>look tavern
You see a giant blue lobster-shaped tavern, which is The Blue Lobster, Wine Bar.

[The Blue Lobster, Wine Bar]
A dim light glows off refined oak-paneled walls, giving the winery a cozy feel. Footsteps echo upon a varnished dark oak floor, at the center of which stands a glaes-topped dark mistwood bar. Soft watery motes of light emanate from an ultramarine blue glaes aquarium, which offsets a gold-whorled waterfall wine rack. A driftwood and aspen framed painting has been hung between the east and west corridors, which are blanketed by a viridian Vornavian silk ceiling embroidered with soft grey vines. You also see a blue imflass lobster-shaped sign.
Obvious exits: east, west, out

>look at aquarium

This enormous fish tank stands nearly floor to ceiling, and is absolutely brimming with marine life. A school of tiny silver glimaerfish swim through the tank giddily, keeping fair distance from the inky black squidfish hiding menacingly within several strands of seaweed. Seashells, starfish, and various crustaceans, including several snails line the bottom of the aquarium. Sitting prominently at the center of the tank is a giant blue lobster, who occationaly waves its spiny claws at you defiantly.
There appears to be something written on it.

>read aquarium
In the Common language, it reads:
WARNING! KEEP FINGERS OUT OF TANK AT ALL TIMES!

>look at bar
Truly a mixture of the old and new, this masterfully carved mistwood bar is topped by ancient black glaes. Delicate wine glasses hang from an overhead stemware rack. The chairs pulled up to the bar have been painted in stormy greys and blues.

>look at rack
Whorls of greenish gold are inlaid into the dark mistwood rack. Individual bottles of wine cascade down with a waterfall of display bottles on top.

>look at wall
Produced by master artisans and built to exacting specifications, the refined oak walls have been carved with alternating panels of lobsters and grape clusters. Carved into one of the panels are several words.

>read wall
Lobsters and wine DO mix....

>look at floor
The floor has such a clear, shiny sheen that you can see your reflection on it. Looking good!

>look at painting
Shafts of lightning pierce the dark sky in thickly applied highlights over the lower relief crashing waves of a tumultuous, roiling ocean. Raging in the center of the violent squall, a prodigious masculine figure stands waist-deep in the churning sea, his beard a hodgepodge of seaweed and algae. Piercing blue eyes stare out of the canvas, filled with fury and a perverse pleasure. In his right hand, the figure clutches an emerald trident, his grip so tight that his knuckles are completely white.

>read painting
Stormbringer ~ Eilucia

[The Blue Lobster, Wine Library]
Light pours in through a domed stained glaes ceiling depicting Solhaven Bay, and shines brightly on a varnished dark oak floor. Built into refined oak-paneled walls are a series of vine-carved oak shelves, which hold various dust-covered wares. A glass-fronted black witchwood bookcase stands alongisde a heavy black ebonwood desk inlaid with tendrils of rolaren grapevines. A conjoined rings framed painting seems to watch over the room. You also see a blue imflass lobster-shaped sign.
Obvious exits: east

>look at bookcase
Carved from midnight black witchwood, this enormous bookcase is filled with numerous tomes. Although the lettering on most of the books has long since faded, you can still make out the faint inscriptions of a few titles. Among the still legible titles you notice are: An Encyclopedia Of Elanthian Viniculture; Tasting Notes Of Boggle's Vineyard: A Case Study In Futility; Wisteria Winery's Guide To Outsmarting Wine; and Flowers & Fruit: The History Of Elven "Wine".

>look at shelves
Spanning from ceiling to floor, these richly laqurered oak shelves have been carved with intricate grapevines. The center of each shelf is inset with a cluster of amethyst grapes.

>read shelves
In the Elven language, it reads:
Grapes of the Immortals

>look at painting
Five conjoined rings are outlined in the sky above by bright stars. Standing serenely beneath the astrological formation, in the midst of a deep reflecting pool surrounded by a tropical glade, a feminine figure is bathed in sunlight that catches on the water in a prismatic rainbow of scarlet, blue, gold, emerald, and white. Despite the knowledge and wisdom apparent in the woman s eyes, her expression is one of almost startled contemplation, as if she is looking upon her surroundings for the first time.

>read painting
Queen of Enlightenment ~ Eilucia

[The Blue Lobster, Wine Cellar]
Granite steps lead underground to this cold, dimly-lit room that has a cavernous dark stone ceiling with redwood rafters. Just alongside a brass-hinged modwir treasure chest, a series of oak wine casks are laid out in rows upon a wine-stained pale green limestone floor. A gilded grey ash framed painting hangs alone on richely polished driftwood walls inlaid with blue-speckled sea glass. Tucked away is an old lobster pot, which sits forgotten in a corner. You also see a blue imflass lobster-shaped sign.
Obvious exits: west

>look at chest
Attached to the treasure chest is a wooden sign upon which the image of a blue lobster has been painted. The lobster has big, bright eyes and a giant smile. Printed words hang above him.

>read chest
Discount treasure! What a bargain! You idiots would have to be fools not to buy all the stupid junk inside! BUY IT NOW!

>look at casks
Each cask is stamped with a seal of green wax bearing the sillouhette of a swan.

>look at painting
Serving as one of two lights sources in the scene, the glowing pages of a large, open tome illuminate a male figure, though his lower body and the edges of his face are obscured, blending into the darkness of the background. With one brow cocked in an arrogantly arching fashion, the man s visage is riddled with a cool curiosity, his yellow-tinted eyes focused away from the volume in his left hand. Instead, he scrutinizes his right hand, where he holds a fiery red-orange flame atop his open palm.

>read painting
The Grandfather At Work ~ Eilucia

>look at pot
Affixed to the lobster pot is a large brass plaque.

>read pot
This lobster pot was purchased to commemorate the reopening of The Blue Lobster Winery & Bulk Fish Monger Surplus Emporium. Lord Bacl Ebontide, owner, proprietor, and licensed notary, planned this celebration to throw a party and boil Citizen Snippy, the surly blue lobster. However, his soft-hearted customers insisted this was cruel, and Citizen Snippy was spared. Lord Bacl insists he's still prepared to toss Citizen Snippy in the pot if business ever drops. Please keep this in mind while shopping!

>flick binder
With a slight flick of the wrist a bright blue lobster-shaped binder suddenly appears in your hand!

>look at binder
The binder is closed. The cover reads "The Blue Lobster, Wine Bar."

Inspire
09-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Very very cool!

LadyLaphrael
09-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Just out of curiosity, who ended up doing your (pretty fantastic) shop alter in the end? It was one of the CCF wins, right?

LordBacl
09-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Just out of curiosity, who ended up doing your (pretty fantastic) shop alter in the end? It was one of the CCF wins, right?

I believe it was originally a CCF win, transfered to me in good spirits by Kizun, to whom I owe a great debt of thanks. There were a few snags along the way, and Kizun put in extra effort and care to help me get the shop altered. He's good people.

Kaikala did the alter, and was an absolute pleasure. As coincidence would have it, the three paintings that I hung in the shop were designed by her. I had bought the three Eilucia paintings years upon years ago at a festival. I always dreamed of having someplace to hang them for all to see, and so when I was designing the alter, I wanted to hang one in each room. Kaikala was delighted that I'd chosen them, because not only had she designed them (i.e. she was the merchant Eilucia), but she said that they were from her first ever festival shop.

All around, everyone was great, and I am so glad to get to add my own little touch to the world of Gemstone. :)

Elvenlady
09-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Awesome in both concept and design. I particularly love the idea of adding the paintings to keep them for posterity and allow others to appreciate them.

P.S. Did you ever get yours done Laph?

The Ponzzz
09-15-2009, 10:56 AM

I was wondering as well.

LadyLaphrael
09-15-2009, 10:59 AM

That's why I asked, actually. No, I haven't yet, but I'm on Kaikala's roster to get it done fairly soon. I hate that I've gone from super-excited about my own shop alter to "it'll get done eventually. No biggie." But I'll post mine as well, and I think Mario needs to post his. It's put together extremely well, too.