PDA

View Full Version : StormFront Scripting Issue

Khystra
09-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Alright, I posted a script under one of my characters yesterday (my main), and logged out when I was finished. Later in the evening, I found I was unable to log back in, but just assumed the game was having issues, and went to bed.

This morning, I am still having difficulty. I am able to log into this character using the main website, but not SF. I am able to log into my other characters USING SF...just not my main! The only thing I can figure is that the script may have been too large, or it just simply did not like it! I would love nothing more than to delete it...but am unable to GET to it on the SF window before it freezes up and hits me with the "not responding" message. I have looked through my main SF file on the hard drive trying to find a place where the scripts are stored (they have to be stored SOMEwhere, right?), with no luck!

Anyone able to offer any suggestions?? As I said, this is confined to my MAIN character only...all other instances of SF load just find, without so much as a hiccup!

ElvenFury
09-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Scripts are stored on simu's server by default. That could be the reason you're having trouble logging in, but the script would have to be truly massive. How big was it?

Khystra
09-08-2009, 10:29 AM
umm...it was really large...and I seem to have made a mistake putting it in as a script, GuildX stuff. Is there any way I can get it deleted?? Or am I truly screwed?

ElvenFury
09-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Yikes, I have no idea. I'd try writing to feedback to see if they can delete it from their side. I hope you have a copy of it on your drive.

Khystra
09-08-2009, 10:33 AM
I hope you have a copy of it on your drive.

a copy of the script? I can deal with its loss, and the loss of many other of my scripts...I am seriously more fearful of losing my highlights! Anything else can be replaced!

Nilandia
09-08-2009, 10:40 AM
If the script is large enough, Stormfront should simply shift to storing all of your scripts on your computer. All of the data is stored in a single XML file listed by your character's identification number (found when you type PIN in game).

Where it is may depend upon your operating system. I run Vista and my local files are in the following path: C drive, Users, Gretchen (the admin user name), AppData, Roaming, StormFront. Beyond that, it uses the GS4 folder for Prime and GS4X for Plat. Some of the folders are hidden, so you need to be sure to have those set to be visible.

That said, I have heard of some cases where a character will be prevented from logging in completely, and the player will need to get help from onsite GMs to clear their data entirely.

Gretchen

Blushy
09-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Oops, too slow.

Khystra
09-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Where it is may depend upon your operating system. I run Vista and my local files are in the following path: C drive, Users, Gretchen (the admin user name), AppData, Roaming, StormFront. Beyond that, it uses the GS4 folder for Prime and GS4X for Plat. Some of the folders are hidden, so you need to be sure to have those set to be visible.

Gretchen

I wanted to thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I had tried to follow the intstructions given, but had difficulty finding the hidden folders. AFTER finding the hidden folders, I wasnt sure which direction to go from there. With a little coaxing, I was persuaded to post on the officials, and Emeradan told me that after finding the said files, that relocating them (all of them)to another folder and try logging in again, worked like magic! Just wanted to put all that out there JUST in case someone else happened to encounter the same problem.

Thank you Gretchen!

:thanx: