PDA

View Full Version : Fucking print screen and ms word.

Sean of the Thread
09-08-2009, 01:21 AM
for some fucked up reason my fucking computer is not letting me print screen web pages. And for some other fucked up reason ms office is completely gone and I even checked restore and logs with no results.

First off I need to figure out wtf prtscn isn't working and second of all I need a photo editor/ms word to paste into to print it. It should at least be able to paste into an email or ms-paint ffs.

Windows xp pro btw.

Any ideas?

All I can think of is the prtscn button is broken but I doubt it and I have no other keyboard to test it on.

Kitsun
09-08-2009, 01:38 AM
I've seen some websites somehow shut down the ability to capture screen shots so people don't swipe protected content. Try using print screen when you've got your browser closed?

Mabus
09-08-2009, 01:51 AM
And for some other fucked up reason ms office is completely gone and I even checked restore and logs with no results.

Try Open Office (http://www.openoffice.org/). Free, open source and highly functional.

Celephais
09-08-2009, 06:56 AM
Do you have a "Function" lock on your keyboard, sometimes they remap the printscreen key. You can also try a third party printscreen program like bugshooting.

As for office not being there, can't tell you how you did that.

Sean of the Thread
09-08-2009, 09:59 AM
I've seen some websites somehow shut down the ability to capture screen shots so people don't swipe protected content. Try using print screen when you've got your browser closed?

Tried that and tried just doing an alt-prntscn as well.

Try Open Office (http://www.openoffice.org/). Free, open source and highly functional.

I'll check that out

Do you have a "Function" lock on your keyboard, sometimes they remap the printscreen key. You can also try a third party printscreen program like bugshooting.

As for office not being there, can't tell you how you did that.

Yeah tried the F Lock as well.

I'll figure it out. /shrug

Nieninque
09-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Tried that and tried just doing an alt-prntscn as well.

I'll check that out

Yeah tried the F Lock as well.

I'll figure it out. /shrug

Tried the drop test, yet?