PDA

View Full Version : DPS

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Not to get in an epeen contest, but what is the highest consistent dps class and spec? I was running with a few guildies last night and a DK was putting out 4k dps, and wasn't using all his cooldowns in OS10.

Enhancing shaman seem like they also put out good dps consistently, but I was curious ya'lls opinion.

Atlanteax
09-03-2009, 11:00 AM
It's been my experience that a well-geared Rogue will outpace all others, particularly on fights where they can squat on the boss.

Parkbandit
09-03-2009, 11:02 AM
It's more about the gear and skills of a player than it is about class. Gear/enchants/consumables/glyphs/spec are a huge part of dps.

That said, I would say a hunter is probably the easiest to put out high dps.. But a well played Mage or DK should come out on top.

Parkbandit
09-03-2009, 11:03 AM
It's been my experience that a well-geared Rogue will outpace all others, particularly on fights where they can squat on the boss.

you've obviously never raided with Nekk. :)

There are more bosses where the melée has to move than there is that they can just squat.

Fucking iPhone put that accent on melée...

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Fuck, I hate rogues and hunters, they are boring to play to me.

Parkbandit
09-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Fuck, I hate rogues and hunters, they are boring to play to me.

You could always roll up a dk on Dunemaul.

Jackass

Solkern
09-03-2009, 11:49 AM
I played an ele shaman
my dps second, behind the warlocks, but if you add in the dps my totems brought to the group, i was wtfpwning everyone heh

I stopped playing after we were farming sunwell

Ashliana
09-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Absolute highest? Probably DKs. Unholy or Unholy/frost, the last time I checked. Hunters were pretty OP for awhile, but their AoE got the nerf bat pretty hard.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-03-2009, 11:56 AM
You could always roll up a dk on Dunemaul.

Jackass

Who says I haven't?

Tea & Strumpets
09-03-2009, 12:00 PM
you've obviously never raided with Nekk. :)

There are more bosses where the melée has to move than there is that they can just squat.

Yeah, Nekk always had an excuse ready for every boss in the game. "I have to move the whole time!!!! There is a 360 cleave!!!" I always had far more respect for players that just had one excuse that they always used.

Some Rogue
09-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Yeah, Nekk always had an excuse ready for every boss in the game. "I have to move the whole time!!!! There is a 360 cleave!!!" I always had far more respect for players that just had one excuse that they always used.

Like being disconnected the whole fight?

P.S. F U both.

g++
09-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Rogues are the best single target dps in the game for boss fights right now imo. Followed closely by locks, hunters, and armor pen blood dks assuming they hysteria themselves.

The question doesnt really matter anyway. If you made a raid with 5 healers two tanks and 18 rogues the rogues dps would be garbage from lack of raid buffs anyway...you have to bring one of every class dps you can for the buffs/debuffs anyway so whether there numbers are actually good or not(assuming their actually doing the best they can) is kind of trivial. Shadowpriest dps is habitually low and theres one or two in every raid.

TheEschaton
09-03-2009, 12:16 PM
According to the theorycraft, rogues, followed by feral druids/DKs. Mages and locks are the highest caster dps, simulated.

Real life: anyone can be top DPS, except a shadow priest cause we're gimped. :P

Solkern
09-03-2009, 12:27 PM
According to the theorycraft, rogues, followed by feral druids/DKs. Mages and locks are the highest caster dps, simulated.

Real life: anyone can be top DPS, except a shadow priest cause we're gimped. :P

oh but you do such much more!
i love having a SP in my group

TheEschaton
09-03-2009, 12:36 PM
eh, but we're redundant now. Boomkins provide 3% hit with Imp. FF, and 3 or 4 classes have replenishment now.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Does IFF affect other classes hit chance? I thought it was only my spells.

TheEschaton
09-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Yes, it does. Boomkins offer higher dps + the 3% hit of shadowpriests.

StrayRogue
09-03-2009, 12:45 PM
oh but you do such much more!
i love having a SP in my group

I don't really see what difference having a SP in your group or not makes.

TheEschaton
09-03-2009, 01:12 PM
3% hit, replenishment, used to be the real reasons.

Mind Control on specialty fights.

g++
09-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Yes, it does. Boomkins offer higher dps + the 3% hit of shadowpriests.

boomkin dps is not set in stone higher than shadowpriest. I have seen shadowpriests that RAPE meters and boomkins who also have habitually low dps. I hate to say it E but I think you might actually be one of those people that doesnt push buttons right from the way you talk about shadow priest dps. Shadow priest dps isnt top but its not "gimped" either its just slightly lower.

StrayRogue
09-03-2009, 01:20 PM
3% hit, replenishment, used to be the real reasons.

Mind Control on specialty fights.

Yes, but those are raid benefits, aren't they?

AnticorRifling
09-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Play whatever you want, as long as you gear/gem/enchant properly and you're not retarded (IE you know your class, your rotation, and your role) you will do enough damage to be worth bringing.

Donquix
09-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Absolute highest? Probably DKs. Unholy or Unholy/frost, the last time I checked. Hunters were pretty OP for awhile, but their AoE got the nerf bat pretty hard.

Hunter deeps is slightly lower now, it was insane right after WoTLK came out.

Especially as BM, pet attack + steady/kill command/killshot macro = 1 button wonder for top spot.

still good, but not insane and dramatically easier than every other class to produce.

(unless things have changed remarkably since uldular was first being finished up by the tier 1/2 guilds, i haven't been paying much attention the last few months)

Alfster
09-03-2009, 02:46 PM
In my experience, as a mage I've been right behind locks, but not by much.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-03-2009, 03:17 PM
In most 5 man heroics I run 2400-2600 DPS consistently, 10 man usually just below 3k. I can go higher if I wanted, but found that tends to cause more issues that anything else, because of aggro.

Is that pretty good dps? Most of our druids are feral or resto so I'm not sure what to compare it too. I've found a lot of my dps isn't blasting the shit out of something, but the nuances and timing of dots, target selection, spell rotation etc.

I'm trying to figure out my best rotations and class design, trying to eek out as much as I can with what I have, or to just be statisfied I'm doing alright and that doing better will come with higher tiered items.

Some Rogue
09-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Get better tanks if they can't hold aggro on anything if someone is over 3k dps especially in a 10man. 2.6k is fine for a heroic but a decent tank should hold aggro there too.

Parkbandit
09-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Get better tanks if they can't hold aggro on anything if someone is over 3k dps especially in a 10man. 2.6k is fine for a heroic but a decent tank should hold aggro there too.

And by decent, he means Rennick, not Rennoc.

TheEschaton
09-03-2009, 04:41 PM
boomkin dps is not set in stone higher than shadowpriest. I have seen shadowpriests that RAPE meters and boomkins who also have habitually low dps. I hate to say it E but I think you might actually be one of those people that doesnt push buttons right from the way you talk about shadow priest dps. Shadow priest dps isnt top but its not "gimped" either its just slightly lower.

Probably true, I always got killed first in Goldeneye. I'm not a very good gamer. ;)

Alfster
09-03-2009, 05:07 PM
And by decent, he means Rennick, not Rennoc.

Rennick's decent, but Rennoc is amazing.

and wtf, 3k dps pulling aggro in 10 mans?

Parkbandit
09-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Rennoc's decent, but Rennick is amazing.

Corrected for accuracy.

Don't make me hurt you.

hectomaner
09-03-2009, 06:11 PM
in 25 man runs i'm putting out consistant 6k-7.5k dps on boss fights, depending on the fight, and spec i'm in, we have an spriest thats usually up around 6-6.5k, we have a lock in the 6.5-7.5k range, and 2 rogues, when they are on their game, usually 7-7.5k. also a kitty druid thats always top 3

edit: enhance shaman that rocks the charts sometimes too, but he's a lazy bastard so its rare

Alfster
09-03-2009, 06:36 PM
what class you running hecto?

AnticorRifling
09-03-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm playing with DW Frost spec on my DK at the moment. I put down good numbers but it falls behind my 2h blood spec. Mostly because of weapons. I can normally pull 6k+ but it's rare that I remember to bring a haste pot with me....

Drisco
09-03-2009, 07:27 PM
I pull around 5k on my Boomkin. To bad my guild only asks me to come as heals:(

hectomaner
09-04-2009, 02:28 PM
what class you running hecto?

dk. mainly as blood, working with a 3/13/55 unholy build too, but i'm not doing anywhere near the dps i should given my gear. still working the kinks out trying to improve it.

i also have a good set for 0/53/18 dw, but i havent used it in a while. mainly waiting for a better offhand to drop before i revisit it.

have a lock as well, usually pull 5.5+ in 25s, but only really do Voa with him as far as 25 goes. wanted to switch, but we had enough locks with solid attendance, and only 1 or 2 dks that showed up normally :(

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Rennick's decent, but Rennoc is amazing.

I misspoke, I'm thinking of pug heroic runs where I pull aggro all the fucking time. In guild activities I don't at all, be it heroics or anything else.

When you guys say 5k dps, is that for the full run or are you talking about a single boss fight where you and everyone else is using cooldowns? My number I mentioned is for the full instance usually, but I can burst dps into 4k+.

AnticorRifling
09-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Burst damage really depends on the fight. Overall I'm normally over 5k for the night but I dick around a lot(this is why I get gkicked, banned from loot, etc on a nightly basis but that's half the fun), really I should be just over 6.

Alfster
09-05-2009, 09:39 AM
I have some severe issues with aggro in 5 man's if I go all out on trash or bosses. It's pretty tough when the tank is in half blues and lvl 200 purples.

AnticorRifling
09-08-2009, 08:18 AM
dk. mainly as blood, working with a 3/13/55 unholy build too, but i'm not doing anywhere near the dps i should given my gear. still working the kinks out trying to improve it.

i also have a good set for 0/53/18 dw, but i havent used it in a while. mainly waiting for a better offhand to drop before i revisit it.

have a lock as well, usually pull 5.5+ in 25s, but only really do Voa with him as far as 25 goes. wanted to switch, but we had enough locks with solid attendance, and only 1 or 2 dks that showed up normally :(
In end game gear 2h blood is where it's at. I love sitting at right around 6200 AP, hit cap, expertise cap, and a shit ton of ArP. I do DW frost now though because I enjoy the shit out of it and because we don't have a fucking WF totem so I spec'd around getting imp icy talons for the raid. I'm using 2 of the maces out of 5 man H-ToC and my dps is still pretty strong. We never see 1h weapons drop in Ulduar because that instance hates me.

hectomaner
09-08-2009, 12:18 PM
In end game gear 2h blood is where it's at.

actually, unholy is where its at. 3/13/55 all the way. fuck a bunch of blood.

AnticorRifling
09-08-2009, 12:58 PM
I've only tried unholy a few times and I wasn't in love with it. Maybe I'll try it again since the UB changes and see.

Parkbandit
09-08-2009, 01:00 PM
My DK is up to level 58.... and I'm already bored to tears playing it.

Melee sucks. That is all.

AnticorRifling
09-08-2009, 01:05 PM
My DK is up to level 58.... and I'm already bored to tears playing it.

Melee sucks. That is all. .... you leave the starting area at 58.

Parkbandit
09-08-2009, 01:25 PM
.... you leave the starting area at 58.

Exactly.

I got all the way to Thrallmar and was like "FUCK THIS BITCHES!!" and gave up.

Good news is.. I got Arthastewert to 375 inscriptions...

g++
09-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Stuck at work and got a question for when the game comes up. Did they change the cost of shields at the arena vendor with the weekly maintenance? Thanks if anyone answer :)

Drisco
09-08-2009, 02:24 PM
in 25 man runs i'm putting out consistant 6k-7.5k dps on boss fights, depending on the fight, and spec i'm in, we have an spriest thats usually up around 6-6.5k, we have a lock in the 6.5-7.5k range, and 2 rogues, when they are on their game, usually 7-7.5k. also a kitty druid thats always top 3

edit: enhance shaman that rocks the charts sometimes too, but he's a lazy bastard so its rare

When you say those 6-7k DPS is that with blood lust?

I never have really checked out my boomkin fully.. I just got the 4p Conquer Set and I really haven't got to test it out... I am a little behind on my Crit %, and have over the haste soft cap but I'm working on lowering it for Crit.

I had an issue with a dk the other night. We were doing a CoS and on Mal Ganis he got sleeped and I pulled 4.5k dps and he was at 2.6k but pulled more damage over all.. That stumped me because he got sleeped and I was doing really good not stopping once.

g++
09-08-2009, 02:28 PM

I never have really checked out my boomkin fully.. I just got the 4p Conquer Set and I really haven't got to test it out... I am a little behind on my Crit %, and have over the haste soft cap but I'm working on lowering it for Crit.

I had an issue with a dk the other night. We were doing a CoS and on Mal Ganis he got sleeped and I pulled 4.5k dps and he was at 2.6k but pulled more damage over all.. That stumped me because he got sleeped and I was doing really good not stopping once.

My guess is your letting moonfire drop off, if your putting it up at all. With no dot rolling recount will remove all the time you are not doing damage from the equation inflating your dps dramatically. A DK will always have damage ticking so recount will have him engaged 100% of the time and you less than 100% of the time. Its the same reason arcane mages do insane amounts of dps but low damage...recount gets buggy with no dot up.

Drisco
09-08-2009, 03:10 PM
But the problem is I should have had more damage. I was attacking more than him since he was sleeped and I was insanely better geared doing an almost perfect rotation.

g++
09-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Oh yah...i thought you were wondering about how it was possible to have higher dps and less damage....which confused me for a long long time. As far as that if he was in some dk spec's being slept like that would barely hurt him since all his stuff could stay up. Maybe he had better synergy with other people in the group and you were missing raid buffs you scale well with...theres 100 reasons your dps can suck for one boss fight, a better way to gauge it is to look at the overall for an entire 25 man instance.

Drisco
09-08-2009, 03:26 PM
It was a heroic. Ya, maybe it just baffled me because he was in blues and a couple 200 epics and I'm in all 226-245 gear. His main attack was Death Strike at like 56% of his damage on the fight. He was slept so I'm sitting here thinking how could that happen.

hectomaner
09-08-2009, 07:55 PM

i'm talking about the whole boss fight, not burst.

AestheticDeath
09-08-2009, 08:53 PM
i'm talking about the whole boss fight, not burst.

whats your DKs name/realm so I can peak at him?

AnticorRifling
09-09-2009, 08:40 AM
It was a heroic. Ya, maybe it just baffled me because he was in blues and a couple 200 epics and I'm in all 226-245 gear. His main attack was Death Strike at like 56% of his damage on the fight. He was slept so I'm sitting here thinking how could that happen. You're doing something wrong if you're losing to an undergeared blood dk. Undergeared being the key word there. Blood is very gear dependant. The other thing to keep in mind is heroic mobs/bosses die to fast to get true rotations w/ procs and what not rolling. Shit is dead while you're still winding up.

Our boomkin does very good damage, armory Tunston from <Broken Aegis> on Dunemaul, or if you want hop on the realm and talk to him he's a good guy and could offer suggestions.

hectomaner
09-09-2009, 01:02 PM
whats your DKs name/realm so I can peak at him?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gilneas&n=vsop

ignore the spec he's in currently, its my arena spec.

hectomaner
09-09-2009, 01:06 PM
It was a heroic. Ya, maybe it just baffled me because he was in blues and a couple 200 epics and I'm in all 226-245 gear. His main attack was Death Strike at like 56% of his damage on the fight. He was slept so I'm sitting here thinking how could that happen.

if DS was 56% of his damage, this guy is a fucking idiot.

anyway, the reason he did more damage was probably due to spreading diseases. you were doing a much higher dps, but his 2 diseases ticking on all of those AOE packs creates much damage

Me
09-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Warlock, rogues, fury warriors, dk's, mages, hunters, boomkins who are not stupid and stand in shit.

Our warlocks can rock 9k dps. Even me the sucky hunter can do 5k on ignis. Our survival hunters are up near 6 our mages float a lot i think it depends on how much they need to move. But I am not sure why someone said sp's are nerfed ours are always in the top 5 but they are not around as much as others.

LF

AnticorRifling
09-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Last night we did up to Hodir in 25man Ulduar. I reset damage meters after Flame Leviathan. Did the disconnection dance for all of Ingis, tanked Kologarn, and still ended up at 5k DPS overall for the night, not too shabby. I need to rank some weapons though. We had a few fast 1h drop and even though the stats are better I'm not sure if they are better than my slow 1h from H-ToC. I took one just to test. Normally I'm more prepared and know what items are upgrades and which ones to skip but I hadn't thought about 1h weapons because we almost never see them drop....

Lulfas
09-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Warlock, rogues, fury warriors, dk's, mages, hunters, boomkins who are not stupid and stand in shit.

Our warlocks can rock 9k dps. Even me the sucky hunter can do 5k on ignis. Our survival hunters are up near 6 our mages float a lot i think it depends on how much they need to move. But I am not sure why someone said sp's are nerfed ours are always in the top 5 but they are not around as much as others.

LF

If your shadow priest is in your top 5, your other dps are bad. SP and Ele.Shaman should be at the bottom of the dps charts.

Trouble
09-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Ele.Shaman should be at the bottom of the dps charts.
:cry:

Drisco
09-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Pulled 6.3k last night on the 3Boss's for 10TotC. I was pretty impressed with myself. Top DPS ;)

Tea & Strumpets
09-14-2009, 03:56 PM

Look on the bright side, you can tell everyone that you beat on the DPS charts what a horrible player they are.

Trouble
09-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Look on the bright side, you can tell everyone that you beat on the DPS charts what a horrible player they are.

Yeah that was the nice thing about my current guild. Most of the people are amateur raiders so I could usually get within the top 5, especially for fights where AoE isn't as important and/or there's less movement. I haven't really played in the past 2 months though so I haven't even seen the second half of Ulduar or any of the recent content.

Lulfas
09-14-2009, 04:59 PM

I play an Ele as my main, trust me, it hurts. Everyone else in my 10man is 6k+, and I languish at 4500ish.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-14-2009, 05:17 PM
You folks are seeing boomkin raiders hitting 5k without AoE? What kind of gear are they in?

I can run ~3400-3800 now popping cooldowns and having good procs and luck in the raid (with all kinds of buffs and pots), but I've only hit more than that with AoE.

Or are you talking about kitty dps?

Tea & Strumpets
09-14-2009, 05:45 PM
You folks are seeing boomkin raiders hitting 5k without AoE? What kind of gear are they in?

I can run ~3400-3800 now popping cooldowns and having good procs and luck in the raid (with all kinds of buffs and pots), but I've only hit more than that with AoE.

Or are you talking about kitty dps?

Some boomkins are pretty good. Burl was pretty good since he beat me in DPS once. This was back in the Ice Age when the level cap was level 70.

Tea & Strumpets
09-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Yeah that was the nice thing about my current guild. Most of the people are amateur raiders so I could usually get within the top 5, especially for fights where AoE isn't as important and/or there's less movement. I haven't really played in the past 2 months though so I haven't even seen the second half of Ulduar or any of the recent content.

Are you actually playing as damage dealer instead of super healer? I find it hard to believe.

AnticorRifling
09-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Some boomkins are pretty good. Burl was pretty good since he beat me in DPS once. This was back in the Ice Age when the level cap was level 70.
Yeah burl wasn't bad at 80 either but he got enough woman aggro that he quit. Our current boomkin is Tungston he does just fine.

Some Rogue
09-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Grats Burl.

Me
09-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Stepping down.

Which by the way Dunemaul Hors I saw Dakken the other day same dude very polite and very proper. "Hello mam if I might inquire are you the same Littlefang from the MC days" I almost said are you the same tank that Saia ate for lunch one day but I was nice.

LF

Loyrl
09-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Doing about 3500 in 10 mans on my under geared lock.

HelloKitty
09-30-2009, 11:37 AM
We have 2 DKs in our guild who are constantly top of the dps charts in our TOC & Ony 10/25mans raids. (Although Ony is diff. due to AOE)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eredar&n=Arkade
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eredar&n=Baldless

Once in a while I would sneak into the top 3 (80 hunter) but they're without a doubt our dps kings. I wish I had last night's World of Logs to show you. :(

DPS mostly depends on the player—these guys really do their research, EJ and all.

Me
09-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Last night on Anub we had a mage do 12k we had no warlock so would have been cool to see how close they were. Hes arcane currently. But honestly it can change per fight - on the faction guys hunters were 1,2,3,6th damn shaman and warrior snuck in at the last up until then we were top 4.

LF

Alfster
09-30-2009, 12:58 PM
How'd the arcane mage do on Twins? I'd assume crazy with IA and all.

That arcane buff is crazy in the right gear.

TheEschaton
09-30-2009, 01:00 PM
This is 25 man, right?

I've been topping 7k on 10 man Ony, Mind Sear + whelps = lol.

AestheticDeath
10-01-2009, 01:34 AM
What's up with people like Baldless stacking pure STR gems in all his sockets and foregoing the socket bonus? Wouldn't it be more beneficial to put some dual color gems like STR/crit, or whatever to get the bonus?

Alfster
10-01-2009, 04:35 AM
depends on the bonus

AnticorRifling
10-01-2009, 07:54 AM
What's up with people like Baldless stacking pure STR gems in all his sockets and foregoing the socket bonus? Wouldn't it be more beneficial to put some dual color gems like STR/crit, or whatever to get the bonus?

It depends on the socket bonus vs the benefit of a pure str gem. If the socket bonus is 4 hit and you're hit capped then the bonus is a waste.

Me
10-01-2009, 08:18 AM
I switched out with another hunter for twins and missed seeing him on that fight but hes sick. Its Shorfafu for any of you that knew him in Hor

Oh and for stacking gems and ignoring bonus most times the bonus is very weak at least for hunters. i stack crit agility and ap I rarely get the bonus from any of my pieces. And I rock 7k ap, 54%crit and 1700 agility(with all the buffs of course). Last night sorry I am so proud I broke 6k on Ignis. woot. My problem with dps is not my gear or spec its the fact that I suck on movement fights another reason I don't pvp much heh.

LF

AnticorRifling
10-01-2009, 10:20 AM
I switched out with another hunter for twins and missed seeing him on that fight but hes sick. Its Shorfafu for any of you that knew him in Hor

Oh and for stacking gems and ignoring bonus most times the bonus is very weak at least for hunters. i stack crit agility and ap I rarely get the bonus from any of my pieces. And I rock 7k ap, 54%crit and 1700 agility(with all the buffs of course). Last night sorry I am so proud I broke 6k on Ignis. woot. My problem with dps is not my gear or spec its the fact that I suck on movement fights another reason I don't pvp much heh.

LF

Shorfafu is fine as long as you have room for him and his ego in the same raid.

The Korean
10-02-2009, 07:51 PM

But WotLK doesn't have 40-mans.

<--- Sinax

TheEschaton
10-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Sinax posts on these boards? Huh.

The Korean
10-02-2009, 08:51 PM
I haven't posted on here in years, someone made me reminisce about GS and reminded me of these boards. Surprised my account was still active.

AnticorRifling
10-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Reported.

Me
10-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Darling this is TE we have people with egos that put shorf to shame.

Hi Sinax!

LF

Parkbandit
10-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Anticor complaining about Shorfafu's ego is hilarious.

Sometimes when I run 5 mans with Anticor.. it's like it's a 6 man... but his ego sucks at dps.

AnticorRifling
10-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Anticor complaining about Shorfafu's ego is hilarious.

Sometimes when I run 5 mans with Anticor.. it's like it's a 6 man... but his ego sucks at dps.
We need that 6th man just to carry your fail ass. Like an old, old albatros.

Parkbandit
10-05-2009, 10:03 AM
We need that 6th man just to carry your fail ass. Like an old, old albatros.

The only epics your Ego has is FAIL!

AnticorRifling
10-05-2009, 10:09 AM
The only epics your Ego has is FAIL!

Wouldn't it be "...are fail"

PS turn your phone on at 4am so I can text you fucker.

Keller
10-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Sinax posts on these boards? Huh.

I taught that dude to heal, before he went all emo.

- Raspy

AnticorRifling
10-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Back when my job was to stand in the corner, not die, and innervate Sinax....

Sinax - Innervate please

Anticor - Funny story I went feral lol

* Anticor has been kicked from the guild by Matray.

Like every week.

TheEschaton
10-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Sinax was the only scrub who could beat me in DPS in an Uld25 pug where he stepped in for Sildoarf (who was the only one who could beat me before he joined) that failed hard a week or so ago. It was so fail, we didn't even down Kolo.

-TheE-

Keller
10-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Sinax was the only scrub who could beat me in DPS in an Uld25 pug where he stepped in for Sildoarf (who was the only one who could beat me before he joined) that failed hard a week or so ago. It was so fail, we didn't even down Kolo.

-TheE-

Sinax was one of the OGs from The Barren Fury.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-05-2009, 12:23 PM
I have two of the the 232 boomkin pieces now. Banged out 10k dps in Onyxia last night. ROFL.

It did make a pretty big diff in my dps now though, single target and stationary fights I'm doing ~3500 now, ~4500 if I blow cooldowns.

We finished Ulduar 10 and 25 about a month ago. Toc10 is on "farm" now, and my guild has moved on to H ToC 10 man, and it's kind of sick how brutal it is. For the gear I guess it makes sense.

Me
10-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Every week wasn't it like multiples per day?

LF

Back when my job was to stand in the corner, not die, and innervate Sinax....

Sinax - Innervate please

Anticor - Funny story I went feral lol

* Anticor has been kicked from the guild by Matray.

Like every week.

AnticorRifling
10-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Every week wasn't it like multiples per day?

LF

Some days it was.

It's like that in the current guild as well. I get my dkp wiped clean more times than I can count.

TheEschaton
10-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Every time I see someone from BA in my random heroic pugs or something, I tell them, "Tell Wayne he's a fuckwad." or something similar.

AnticorRifling
10-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Every time I see someone from BA in my random heroic pugs or something, I tell them, "Tell Wayne he's a fuckwad." or something similar.
And they all generally let me know.

There's a lot of love in the guild. I logged in at lunch and the first comment is guild chat is "Hey Mr Herpes come cut a gem for me." such respect.

Nieninque
10-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Sinax was the only scrub who...

sorry, that's as far as I got.

Sinax > you.

The Korean
10-05-2009, 03:23 PM
I still wish I had a druid to follow me around and innervate me, so I don't sit around for 6 seconds waiting for dispersion to hurry up :(

AnticorRifling
10-05-2009, 03:26 PM
I still wish I had a druid to follow me around and innervate me, so I don't sit around for 6 seconds waiting for dispersion to hurry up :(

Our druids in BA are really good about tossing innervates.

CrystalTears
10-06-2009, 03:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/Jemah/CAD/20090916.jpg

AnticorRifling
10-06-2009, 03:20 PM
I innervated Rennoc last night because I was bored.

And yeah that's spot on CT.

Some Rogue
10-06-2009, 03:36 PM
I don't do that much damage.....

as prot anyway. :D

Atlanteax
10-06-2009, 03:37 PM
and is a big reason why WoW is "broken" across the DPS spectrum

The Korean
10-06-2009, 03:38 PM
seek spriest buffs kthx.

Some Rogue
10-06-2009, 04:09 PM

Explain?

You think Ret is anywhere near the top of DPS meters now?

Keller
10-06-2009, 04:26 PM

Don't you play a mage?

Keller
10-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Explain?

You think Ret is anywhere near the top of DPS meters now?

I'm obviously only focused on Ret-PvP, but they need some kind of utility buff.

We used to be the kings of burst -- now that spot is filled by mages/locks/shamans.

We were never the kings of CC -- that has always, and will always be, mages/warlocks.

We still don't have any kind of snare -- except judgement of justice, which isn't truly a snare and cannot be used defensively (to peel melee from our healer).

We still don't have sustained AE dmg -- while we've got some good AE if I'm on top of 2-3 melee, I still lose easily to DKs -- a class that has more CC, more survivabilty, and a snare.

I could go on, but suffice to say that paladins need either (1) a snare, or (2) a snare.

I'm fine being a utility class, but please give us more utility.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-06-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm obviously only focused on Ret-PvP, but they need some kind of utility buff.

We used to be the kings of burst -- now that spot is filled by mages/locks/shamans.

We were never the kings of CC -- that has always, and will always be, mages/warlocks.

We still don't have any kind of snare -- except judgement of justice, which isn't truly a snare and cannot be used defensively (to peel melee from our healer).

We still don't have sustained AE dmg -- while we've got some good AE if I'm on top of 2-3 melee, I still lose easily to DKs -- a class that has more CC, more survivabilty, and a snare.

I could go on, but suffice to say that paladins need either (1) a snare, or (2) a snare.

I'm fine being a utility class, but please give us more utility.

I'm trying to think how a warrior does any of that also. Paladins don't need shit. Paladin tanks rock it, paladin dps rocks it, paladin heals rock it. You want all of that and more?

Keller
10-06-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm trying to think how a warrior does any of that also. Paladins don't need shit. Paladin tanks rock it, paladin dps rocks it, paladin heals rock it. You want all of that and more?

Warrior > Ret Pally in Arenas because:

1. Mortal Strike

2. Defensive CDs (shield wall/relentlessness)

3. Snare (hamstring/demo shout/intercept/intervene)

StrayRogue
10-06-2009, 05:24 PM
The arena is ebbs & flows. I recall when ret pala's owned the arena. So what if they're moment is gone and someone else is at the top. It will happen again I'm sure.

Keller
10-06-2009, 05:25 PM
The arena is ebbs & flows. I recall when ret pala's owned the arena. So what if they're moment is gone and someone else is at the top. It will happen again I'm sure.

Ret's owned DPS. That's it and that's all.

Not CC, not survivability, not utility.

DPS. It was nerfed and nothing replaced it.

StrayRogue
10-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Because it needed nerfing. Massively.

If you want to play a paladin in arena, go holy or prot/holy. You're in the same boat as many other classes.

Keller
10-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Because it needed nerfing. Massively.

If you want to play a paladin in arena, go holy or prot/holy. You're in the same boat as many other classes.

I would disagree.

That was the only thing retadins brought to the table. Massive DPS.

Now they bring DPS equal to that of other melee classes, but without the utility.

Parkbandit
10-06-2009, 06:53 PM
I would disagree.

Now they bring DPS equal to that of other melee classes, but without the utility.

Massive DPS with superior survivability.

StrayRogue
10-06-2009, 06:58 PM
I would disagree.

I would imagine there are far more retridins doing far better than feral druids or ench shamans out there.

Parkbandit
10-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Of the top arena team mixes:

24% of 2v2 teams include a paladin.
17% of 3v3 teams include a paladin.
60% of 5v5 teams include a paladin.

They can't be that terrible.

Let's check hunters:

6% of 2v2 teams include a hunter.
8% of 3v3 teams include a hunter.
31% of 5v5 teams include a hunter.

StrayRogue
10-06-2009, 07:02 PM
And no, being able to kill someone inside of their hammer of gayness is not skilled nor balanced nor a paladin's niche. It's overpowered.

AnticorRifling
10-06-2009, 07:15 PM

Let's check hunters:

31% of 5v5 teams include a hunter. Spec of said paladin?

Parkbandit
10-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Spec of said paladin?

Doesn't break it down to specs, just classes.

TheEschaton
10-06-2009, 07:21 PM
spec shouldn't be in question. When's the last time you saw a top team with a shadow priest as opposed to a disc priest? It's obvious that some specs aren't going to be viable in arena, apparently ret is now one of them.

StrayRogue
10-06-2009, 07:23 PM
It breaks it down on SK gaming's rankings.

None of these retridins seem to struggle in 3v3...

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player/3/all/23/all/all/

StrayRogue
10-06-2009, 07:24 PM
spec shouldn't be in question. When's the last time you saw a top team with a shadow priest as opposed to a disc priest? It's obvious that some specs aren't going to be viable in arena, apparently ret is now one of them.

Exactly my point. Arena isn't World of Balancecraft like PvE is. You have to suck it up or endure having a rating below the 1500's like all the Spriests, Balance druids and survival hunters.

The Korean
10-06-2009, 07:50 PM
This is why I don't pvp on my priest. I refuse to spec disc or holy for it.

TheEschaton
10-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Not to mention you need shadowform to cover the fact that you're a troll.

The Korean
10-06-2009, 08:24 PM
WTF. Trolls are the best race ever imo

Loyrl
10-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Gnomes > Trolls

How are warlocks doing in PVP? I haven't pvp'd since end of season 2, after that they were getting pain trained.

AnticorRifling
10-07-2009, 11:11 AM
It depends on who you ask.

I done arena at all this season but I know in just plain ol BGs the good ones can still bend you over. Destruction is the way to go from what I'm seeing.

StrayRogue
10-07-2009, 11:12 AM
CB warlocks do well.

Parkbandit
10-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Gnomes > Trolls

How are warlocks doing in PVP? I haven't pvp'd since end of season 2, after that they were getting pain trained.

Better than average

Of the 10 classes, warlocks rank:

7th in 2v2 (Paladins are 2nd)
2nd in 3v3 (Paladins are 3rd)
4th in 5v5 (Paladins are 1st)

Compared to hunters:

8th in 2v2
9th in 3v3
5th in 5v5

Yea... I've very few tears left for the plight of the paladin.... boo hoo.

Nieninque
10-07-2009, 11:23 AM
This is why I don't pvp on my priest. I refuse to spec disc or holy for it.

I remember seeing you and Natureslore in arenas when I was with Waj.

I think it was a good move to end your PvPing on your priest.

The Korean
10-07-2009, 11:45 AM
I wish I could pvp as a spriest and do well though. Feel like I'm missing out on half of the fun of the game since I'm not doing arenas.

Parkbandit
10-07-2009, 12:25 PM
I actually enjoy doing arenas on my disc priest.

L2Heal, noob

Keller
10-07-2009, 01:22 PM

Let's check hunters:

31% of 5v5 teams include a hunter.

What spec?

g++
10-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Spec of said paladin?

Majority ret in twos and threes and holy in fives would be my guess, now that holy has no cc again theres absolutely no reason to take a holy paladin over a resto druid except in 5's where a holy paladin is pretty much the only healer capable of saving your ass if you get focus fired with BOP's and holy light spam.

HelloKitty
10-16-2009, 09:55 AM
We finally downed Heroic 25man Beasts! It was a super clean kill. Took us in total about 2hrs of attempts spread across 2 days. We're gonna try to finish off the rest of the instance on Sunday.

Below is the DPS log for that fight for anyone who may be interested. Mage came out on top along with 2 hunters afterwards. And with most raids, had a couple of slackers and alts.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/BKMegkg0LQA968Tl/sum/damageDone/?s=3586&e=4123

Now I just have to beat that other hunter =P

Suppa Hobbit Mage
10-16-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm thinking of joining an arena team as resto druid - for a 2v2 or 3v3, whats a good combo? Or is there? Should I boom it up?

The Korean
10-16-2009, 10:00 AM
No spriests? :(

HelloKitty
10-16-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm thinking of joining an arena team as resto druid - for a 2v2 or 3v3, whats a good combo? Or is there? Should I boom it up?

http://www.arenajunkies.com/

TheEschaton
10-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Seriously, spriests suck. I joined a new guild just because they run Uld25 on Sats so I can gear up my druid.

The Korean
10-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Pal, we're going to be awesome in 3.3 when it hits. I hope.

HelloKitty
10-16-2009, 02:00 PM
No spriests? :(

I'm not sure if you meant for the arena post or the raid post.... but our healer, Holymal also goes shadow when we take the healing chains off of him.

He and this other spriest we have in guild are beasts.

But for some reason our guild is lacking spriests, feral druids and ret pallies. We hardly have them in raids and don't even have a boomkin in guild.

TheEschaton
10-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I heard spriests and affliction locks are getting a huge boost. Any word on what that is?

The Korean
10-16-2009, 07:23 PM
As of right now, Shadowform will make all our dots benefit from haste, so they'll tick faster. Imp DP will hit for 30% on cast instead of 15%, Glyph of Shadow will give 30% benefit instead of 10%. And to offset the increased mana we'll be losing, SW:P glyph has been changed into providing 1% base mana per tick, so an unhasted SW:P will roughly give 64 mp5.

TheEschaton
10-16-2009, 10:54 PM
That's pretty fucking sweet. So SW:P, VT, DP will all last the same amount of time, but more ticks per application? Hmmmm, I wonder if there's any numbers on X haste needed to squeeze in Y extra ticks.

The Korean
10-17-2009, 01:05 AM
No, they won't last the same amount of time. Since they tick faster, you'll have to recast them sooner.

TheEschaton
10-17-2009, 02:06 AM
Ah, hmmm. Interesting.

TheEschaton
10-25-2009, 07:55 PM
By the by, I'm taking a break from priest-ing until I get gkicked or I can ninja gquit in the middle of the night from my current guild, which is balls.

I need a guild where the raid leader isn't a raging douche.

-TheE-

Some Rogue
10-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Well, if you want to 10 man it up, Sundesmos is a pretty relaxed guild.

Me
10-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Most guilds if they are going to be successful have to have a raid leader or guild leader who is insane. Because why else would you try and do that. Leaders have to control the egos of the 25/10 people in their raids. And if you look at the successful guilds their leaders are dicks its what holds the whole thing together. Nice GM's can't keep people in line and they really are not nice they are just afraid to say what they are thinking.

LF

By the by, I'm taking a break from priest-ing until I get gkicked or I can ninja gquit in the middle of the night from my current guild, which is balls.

I need a guild where the raid leader isn't a raging douche.

-TheE-

Keller
10-26-2009, 11:20 AM

2v2, DK hands down.

3v3, DK + hunter/warrior/rogue.

TheEschaton
10-29-2009, 03:27 PM
DAMN IT Nien, I'm actually trying to play my paladin!

Parkbandit
10-29-2009, 03:59 PM
DAMN IT Nien, I'm actually trying to play my paladin!

:rofl:

So that is why I kept seeing her connect,disconnect,connect, disconnect, connect...

Too funny.

TheEschaton
10-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Okay, I'm done, if you want to play your silly little druid. ;)

AnticorRifling
10-30-2009, 08:27 AM
:rofl:

So that is why I kept seeing her connect,disconnect,connect, disconnect, connect...

Too funny.

LOL I wondered what that was all about too.

FYI I'm bringing the mad 1k deeps on my rogue. Fear it.

Me
10-30-2009, 09:08 AM
hey when you guys are bg'ing it this weekend let me know my druid would love to come play

LF

Parkbandit
10-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Your Druid should be in the Hounds. We don't roll with non-guildies.

Some Rogue
10-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Your Druid should be in the Hounds. We don't roll with non-guildies.

Unless they're carrying you through a heroic.

Parkbandit
10-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Unless they're carrying you through a heroic.

I hope you don somehow believe we're close to even. I'm due at LEAST 4 regular ToCs from you and Dora.. And 3 from Anticor/Survain. Those 7 runs should get me a solid piece of healing leather....................

ToC hates me.

Some Rogue
10-30-2009, 10:27 AM
What the hell are you talking about?? I carried Kallell through too!

Alfster
10-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Look me up, I'll help your bitch ass out.

Parkbandit
10-30-2009, 10:39 AM
What the hell are you talking about?? I carried Kallell through too!

Funny thing is.. I died on Kallell last night in Regular ToC... I got crit hit for 8k from that stupid curse or something. It was a solid 15 minutes of Anticor/Survain laughing at me... :(

AnticorRifling
10-30-2009, 11:35 AM
1) We laughed at you for way longer than 15minutes.

2) If an 8k hit killed you that means you were sitting well below 80% health for long enough for it TO KILL YOU.

Parkbandit
10-30-2009, 11:39 AM
1) We laughed at you for way longer than 15minutes.

2) If an 8k hit killed you that means you were sitting well below 80% health for long enough for it TO KILL YOU.

In phase III of the fight, it's just AOE healing. I barely even pay attention during that phase (as evidenced by my destruction) and just spam my PoH spell (and CoH if I was in the right spec...) I think I was watching a repeat of The Office (which, contrary to popular opinion, is not the funniest show ever) and thinking that it wasn't that funny.. and kaboom.

I think the best part was Drew, giving me healing "tips".... wtf.

AnticorRifling
10-30-2009, 11:46 AM
LOL listening to drew is how people die.

Parkbandit
10-30-2009, 11:48 AM
LOL listening to drew is how people die.

Drew's probably one of my favorite personalities in BA. He's hilarious.

Some Rogue
10-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Drew's probably one of my favorite personalities in BA. He's hilarious.

Is he that old retarded guy? Not you, the other one.

Parkbandit
10-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Is he that old retarded guy? Not you, the other one.

Not sure who you are talking about.. but Drew's probably in his early 20's.. if that.

Only old retarded guy I knew was Quisat.. but I actually liked him too... and didn't think he was retarded.. just slow.

Some Rogue
10-30-2009, 12:13 PM
LOL, I don't even remember. I wanna say it was a DK tank we ran Naxx with once, months ago.

AnticorRifling
10-30-2009, 12:14 PM
From BA?

We've got several guys that are retarded who have DK "tank" alts.

Drew is 19. He's special.

Some Rogue
10-30-2009, 12:33 PM
He's special.

I'm starting to think this might be a requirement for the guild...

AnticorRifling
10-30-2009, 12:46 PM
I'm starting to think this might be a requirement for the guild...

Helmets not included!

TheEschaton
10-30-2009, 01:31 PM
I know an old retarded DK tank named Nineiron, but he's not in BA last I knew.

Some Rogue
10-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Then there's Dachcow.

TheEschaton
11-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Fucking unemployment is good for Blizzard, my warrior is now 51, rolled last week.

Parkbandit
11-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Level your rogue, n00b.

Asha
11-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Shit people still play this?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Anyone here play a kitty druid? I'm curious your rotations. I'm convinced boomkin are not dps kings (my gear score in boomkin is 5041 and with good rotations on a single target I'm only get about 3800 dps in a raid). I played with feral spec over last weekend and was doing 2.1k dps off the bat and I knew shitall about feral.

Good addons for feral?

AnticorRifling
11-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Anyone here play a kitty druid? I'm curious your rotations. I'm convinced boomkin are not dps kings (my gear score in boomkin is 5041 and with good rotations on a single target I'm only get about 3800 dps in a raid). I played with feral spec over last weekend and was doing 2.1k dps off the bat and I knew shitall about feral.

Good addons for feral? Feral rotation is keep mangle up, keep your bleeds up, keep your savage roar up. If you have combo points to burn between a bleed/roar refresh you FB.

It's a lot like playing a PvE mut rogue.

TheEschaton
11-06-2009, 12:43 PM
I'd try FX xorcist or however it's called for managing CDs and buffs, it's been really helpful since I switched to it. I was always losing track of my savage roar on my kitty, always falling off while I was concentrating on my bleeds.

-TheE-

Me
11-10-2009, 01:53 PM
mangle mangle mangle, bleed something or nother, mangle, if i can find the roar button, mangle, mangle mangle.

LF

AnticorRifling
11-10-2009, 02:00 PM
I'd try FX xorcist or however it's called for managing CDs and buffs, it's been really helpful since I switched to it. I was always losing track of my savage roar on my kitty, always falling off while I was concentrating on my bleeds.

-TheE-
I use needtoknow for my buffs and what not. It's simple and sexy.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-10-2009, 02:02 PM
How about bear form? Rotations for that? Not tanking a raid though.

AnticorRifling
11-10-2009, 02:16 PM
If you're not tanking why go bear?

If you mean you're just tanking a heroic it's basically the same

FFF is always good to pull with and keep up.

Mangle for the debuff, lacerate your face off, roar and swipe for flavor (and adds). Rinse and repeat.

TheEschaton
11-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Bear form I open with mangle (for instant threat if your ppl are the types to nuke early), FF on single targets, I then alternate swipes/lacerates til lacerate is at 5 stacks, mixing in mangles when they're off CD. Then it's just a matter of keeping laceratex5 up, keeping mangle on CD, and swiping inbetween. Swipe is your biggest TPS move, even on single target.

Oh, and Maul should be macroed to all those moves. Since it's a next-melee attack, you can use one button press to activate both a move and a next-melee move. I use these:

#showtooltip Mangle (Bear)
/cast Mangle (Bear)
/cast Maul

#showtooltip Lacerate
/cast Lacerate
/cast Maul

#showtooltip Swipe
/cast Swipe
/cast Maul

Then I just replace my regular versions of Mangle/Lacerate/Swipe with these. You should be getting enough rage to pull this off, it saves you the trouble of constantly mashing Maul. The nice thing about next-melee macros is that it'll do the first move if it has rage, and then the second if it has enough rage, but if not, just the first. Plus, you can only activate a next-melee attack, you can't deactivate it with a button press, so if you're mashing Swipe macro, it'll activate Maul for the next melee attack, but if you press Swipe macro again before the Maul goes off, it, won't "de-press" Maul. Then, when Maul goes off, the next press of any of these macros will reactivate Maul.

Glyph of Maul is your friend, btw.

TheEschaton
11-10-2009, 02:19 PM
To note, that's more of a boss (heroic/raid) rotation, for trash, they aren't up long enough for lacerate to really matter, os I don't go much past 1 or 2 stacks of lacerate.

TheEschaton
11-10-2009, 02:20 PM
I also think demo roar is useless past the first application, if at all. :P

AnticorRifling
11-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Nice. Forgot about maul....haven't been a bear druid in a long time.

Yeha demo roar I used just for that initial get off my healers aggro on packs, after that meh.

Parkbandit
11-10-2009, 02:54 PM
I use needtoknow for my buffs and what not. It's simple and sexy.

By "needtoknow", he means he waits for the inevitable "Hey douchebag.. can you throw up a fucking MotW so we can start?"

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-12-2009, 01:15 PM
If you're not tanking why go bear?

If you mean you're just tanking a heroic it's basically the same

FFF is always good to pull with and keep up.

Mangle for the debuff, lacerate your face off, roar and swipe for flavor (and adds). Rinse and repeat.

Bear to tank heroics, yep. I won't do raids until I gear up more in bear form, and honestly when I'm raiding I heal since I'm uber healz. Two more triumph upgrades and I'll have a 4 set malfurion's 245 item level druid heals. Course, gotta win 2 more idols or whatever they are called to do so.

TheEschaton
11-12-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm levelling a DK, and BGs are LOL. Even at 60 in a new bracket, I come out on top of the charts in WSG. Maybe everyone else is retarded.

Atlanteax
11-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Umm ... DKs are like at a peak around 60 ... they start out STRONG ... and then the other classes catch up.

AnticorRifling
11-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Actually up until 70 you're top of the food chain, and even then it's a slow taper til you even out around 80.

Keller
11-12-2009, 03:16 PM
By "needtoknow", he means he waits for the inevitable "Hey douchebag.. can you throw up a fucking MotW so we can start?"

Seriously.

Fucking mages, druids, and paladins FUCKING SUCK at buffing.

Why are priests always spot on?

Some Rogue
11-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Because every single person in the raid wants something different. Fucking whiny bitches. You give someone Kings, they'll want Might. You give someone Wisdom, they want kings. Fuck em all.

Oh and then you change and give them the 10 minute version of a blessing and they're constantly whining because it fell off. Sorry, I'm tanking here, I got more important things to worry about than the state of 9 or 24 other people's buffs.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/lrenzo2/nerdrageun7.gif

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Actually up until 70 you're top of the food chain, and even then it's a slow taper til you even out around 80.

I own dk's one on one. Most anyway. The smart ones that use mind freeze and silence well can sometimes get me ded. But typically when they yank me over to them and I'm all IN YO FACE switching between boom, kitty and back to boom... they no likey.

Death grip is so overused it's like Nien was saying booms use moonfire.

TheEschaton
11-12-2009, 04:24 PM
See, I don't consider using Mind Freeze and Strangulate as "smart", I view it as "Hey, I'm not terribad."

Maybe that's the difference, I guess, why I pwn ppl 4-5 levels higher than me in BGs as a DK.

TheEschaton
11-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Oh, and I hate other DKs who grip a person away from me just as I'm about to land the killing blow. Grrr.

TheEschaton
11-12-2009, 04:26 PM
And I agree with Nekk, everyone always wants fort, and no one cares if they get Divine Spirit and they don't need it. Although druids have no fucking excuse on MOTW, I can see why pallies hesitate.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-12-2009, 04:28 PM
I mean me 80 druid vs them 80 dk. I think DKs are cool, but like anything else you have to be good at your toon. Since I play one toon I think I do fairly well. I'm no pvp god but 80% of the dks that choose to solo me end up dead. And I think druids are on the OP side of things in PVP.

TheEschaton
11-12-2009, 04:31 PM
I might actually PvP on my DK if he ever gets to 80. As a PvP disc priest, I get burned first if the other side isn't retarded, and more like than not, my other BGers are retarded and aren't keeping them off me.

Plus, I like that big thing that Carbonite does when you get a killing blow.

Parkbandit
11-12-2009, 04:48 PM
I might actually PvP on my DK if he ever gets to 80. As a PvP disc priest, I get burned first if the other side isn't retarded, and more like than not, my other BGers are retarded and aren't keeping them off me.

Plus, I like that big thing that Carbonite does when you get a killing blow.

I'd rather play a disc priest than a hunter in arena. They ALWAYS seem to target the hunter first.

Keller
11-12-2009, 04:53 PM
There used to be a time that priests were hard to kill in arenas. You know, before it was just CLEAVE LAWL teams.

I still remember my 2200 2s team named CANT KILL RASPUTEN, which is at least partially historically correct.

AestheticDeath
12-22-2009, 01:17 AM
Any of you leet DKs wanna teach me a simple way to keep to my rotation, and any other ways to raise my DPS. I am trying to beat this other DKs DPS in my guild and I'm having a hard time of it.

Or do you all work off memory? (edit: forget all the questions about cast sequence macros if you read that already, I figured it out.) Does anyone use cast sequence macros to raid with though?

This over geared rogue is about the only other one beating me consistently, and I have no hope of catching him without a lot better gear, if then.

Fixing to start spending more gold on potions and crap, like elitist jerks suggests. The indestructables for AP before the fight, and the speed, for like the gargoyle/rune weapon/aotd. Since he doesn't use them either atm, that should bring me a tad closer.

Already use my STR food instead of feast, and I use endlass rage flask.

And since this is the forum I use for my stupid questions... When I use the stat weights from EJ, and input it for wowhead item lists. It will put leather/mail items ahead of plate a lot. Or like agi ahead of strength. So far I have ignored this as inconsequential, and plate/STR pieces being the only thing to go for. But... is that the right thinking?

TheEschaton
12-22-2009, 03:57 AM
My DK is only 70 and I haven't raided with him (obviously), but if you're using castsequence macros, you're doing it wrong. My experience with melee is that melee classes are reactive - unlike spellcasters who have to deal with cast times, most melee abilities are instant, and thus, what you do is A) prioritize them, B) keep them on CD in order of priority, C) profit.

For a DK, I imagine that would involve opening with an icy touch/plague strike to put up frost fever and blood plague, pestilence to spread if necessary, and then obliterate/heart strike spam, mixing in death coils when runes are on CD, and reapplying diseases as necessary. But then again, I have never raided as a DK.

Nieninque
12-22-2009, 04:05 AM
My DK is only 70 and I haven't raided with him (obviously), but if you're using castsequence macros, you're doing it wrong. My experience with melee is that melee classes are reactive - unlike spellcasters who have to deal with cast times, most melee abilities are instant, and thus, what you do is A) prioritize them, B) keep them on CD in order of priority, C) profit.

For a DK, I imagine that would involve opening with an icy touch/plague strike to put up frost fever and blood plague, pestilence to spread if necessary, and then obliterate/heart strike spam, mixing in death coils when runes are on CD, and reapplying diseases as necessary. But then again, I have never raided as a DK.

In before "No, no...I don't want to do it like that, I want to do it my own way..."

Nieninque
12-22-2009, 04:06 AM
There used to be a time that priests were hard to kill in arenas. You know, before it was just CLEAVE LAWL teams.

I still remember my 2200 2s team named CANT KILL RASPUTEN, which is at least partially historically correct.

I remember me and Waj getting into an arena with Sinax and Natureslore...jesus that was brutal. Waj tore them apart.

AnticorRifling
12-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Any of you leet DKs wanna teach me a simple way to keep to my rotation, and any other ways to raise my DPS. I am trying to beat this other DKs DPS in my guild and I'm having a hard time of it.

Or do you all work off memory? (edit: forget all the questions about cast sequence macros if you read that already, I figured it out.) Does anyone use cast sequence macros to raid with though?

This over geared rogue is about the only other one beating me consistently, and I have no hope of catching him without a lot better gear, if then.

Fixing to start spending more gold on potions and crap, like elitist jerks suggests. The indestructables for AP before the fight, and the speed, for like the gargoyle/rune weapon/aotd. Since he doesn't use them either atm, that should bring me a tad closer.

Already use my STR food instead of feast, and I use endlass rage flask.

And since this is the forum I use for my stupid questions... When I use the stat weights from EJ, and input it for wowhead item lists. It will put leather/mail items ahead of plate a lot. Or like agi ahead of strength. So far I have ignored this as inconsequential, and plate/STR pieces being the only thing to go for. But... is that the right thinking?

It depends on your spec, you didn't list what rotation you are doing. As for gear go for best in slot that's available for you. If that means leather wear leather, I rocked the 25man Malygos leather chest for quite awhile. The stats are what's important not the armor class for PvE.

As for me Blood DK (Dachcow - Dunemaul) 51/0/20

PS - IT - DS - HS - HS - RPD
DS - HS - HS - HS - HS - Pest weave RPD in as cooldowns permit.

Watch your procs, the impact your dancing rune weapon. Pop your hysteria, speed pot, etc in line with bloodlust and then kick off dancing rune weapon.
Rune weapon's cooldown is very short now so you should be popping it whenever it's off cooldown and you've got decent proc's rolling. I use NeedtoKNow as an addon that lets me see all my procs, times on them, etc.

What are your stats? Have you hit the AP threshold (used to be 6200 AP not sure if that's changed since the patch I haven't done a lot of research on it...need to do that) where it's worth it to gem for ArP? If yes DO THAT. If no DONT DO THAT.

Bottom line if you're just trying to follow a static rotation it's going to fail. Watch when something misses, keep both diseases up at all costs, HS > DC even if that means wasted RP generation, etc.

AotD can be a great boost to your dps if you know when to use it. Some fights it's great, other fights you're a raid wiper. Don't be retarded.

As for a cast sequence macro ... not on my DK.

Now the real question is are you actually going to listen to any of this or are you going to give your standard "Ok but this is what I do xyz I'm going to keep doing that"

g++
12-22-2009, 11:11 AM
It depends on your spec, you didn't list what rotation you are doing. As for gear go for best in slot that's available for you. If that means leather wear leather, I rocked the 25man Malygos leather chest for quite awhile. The stats are what's important not the armor class for PvE.

Watch your procs, the impact your dancing rune weapon. Pop your hysteria, speed pot, etc in line with bloodlust and then kick off dancing rune weapon.
Rune weapon's cooldown is very short now so you should be popping it whenever it's off cooldown and you've got decent proc's rolling. I use NeedtoKNow as an addon that lets me see all my procs, times on them, etc.

What are your stats? Have you hit the AP threshold (used to be 6200 AP not sure if that's changed since the patch I haven't done a lot of research on it...need to do that) where it's worth it to gem for ArP? If yes DO THAT. If no DONT DO THAT.

Bottom line if you're just trying to follow a static rotation it's going to fail. Watch when something misses, keep both diseases up at all costs, HS > DC even if that means wasted RP generation, etc.

AotD can be a great boost to your dps if you know when to use it. Some fights it's great, other fights you're a raid wiper. Don't be retarded.

As for a cast sequence macro ... not on my DK.

Now the real question is are you actually going to listen to any of this or are you going to give your standard "Ok but this is what I do xyz I'm going to keep doing that"

I dont understand popping speed pots during bloodlust. I know alot of people do it but isnt it more useful to use those when your not already brushing up against the minimum cast time? Not to mention that realistically during bloodlust people already miss things simply because their character operates faster than your eyes at that point. Unless theres some obvious reason like the damage increase on xt or icehowl. But lets say were on Marowgarr I bet popping hysteria during bloodlust and a speed pot on the next hysteria(or the one before bloodlust) would show better dps than popping all three at the same time.

AnticorRifling
12-22-2009, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't know because for some fucking reason my FPS is at 6 on Marrowgarr. Fucking 6..... everything else stays at a nice and steady 35 in raid, 60 outside raid but 6 l;kjadslfk;ja

It might be worth it to pop on a seperate hysteria I'll look into it. I think it would depend on weapon speed and exactly how fast you're getting your swings down too.

g++
12-22-2009, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't know because for some fucking reason my FPS is at 6 on Marrowgarr. Fucking 6..... everything else stays at a nice and steady 35 in raid, 60 outside raid but 6 l;kjadslfk;ja

It might be worth it to pop on a seperate hysteria I'll look into it. I think it would depend on weapon speed and exactly how fast you're getting your swings down too.

Turn off projected textures and spell effects and restart wow for Marrowgarr, then do the opposite after marrowgar. I do this for OS 3D zerg and twin valkyrr stack also it is HUGELY helpful when you are stacked up against something that glows to turn those two settings off or down.

AnticorRifling
12-22-2009, 12:42 PM
I figured I could just use it as an excuse to buy a new video card. I never really had problems until I got the new monitor...I wonder if my current card just has issues at 1920x1080?

TheEschaton
12-22-2009, 01:05 PM

I R NOOB, WUT ARE RPD?

TheEschaton
12-22-2009, 01:07 PM
I was 10, I barely knew what a concussion was, just that she was acting all loopy.

AnticorRifling
12-22-2009, 01:19 PM
I R NOOB, WUT ARE RPD?

Sorry,

Runic Power Dump = Death Coils, Dancing Rune Weapon, Summon Gargoyle

And in case anyone else isn't sure what the hell I was saying there:

PS - Plague Strike
IT - Icy Touch
HS - Heart Strik
DS - Death Strike

Also AD, you will need to practice using Anti-Magic Shell, Ice Bound Fort, etc. to mitigate splash damage. The better you can do keeping your health up without the assistance of healers the better you damage (dead DPS doesn't DPS as well as blood DKs do more damage when above 75% health..unless that changed I haven't read my tooltips in a minute). Popping Empowered Rune Weapon at the right time in a rotation, and early on longer boss fights, squeeks out more DPS because it allows for my Heart Strike spam, etc.

Atlanteax
12-22-2009, 01:24 PM
I was 10, I barely knew what a concussion was, just that she was acting all loopy.

Wrong thread!!

AestheticDeath
12-22-2009, 05:21 PM
@ theE, I haven't used the cast sequence macros yet, but I was contemplating it, and found the stuff on it last night. Am going to try it tonight. Why do you say it is the wrong way to do something?

@ nien, why do you bother anymore?

@ anticor, I am no longer using blood spec, unholy is outdoing it atm. I am using one of the same spec/rotations elitistjerks has up (tho im about to change it and take reaping out). As far as my stats, are you asking pre-buff or like raid buffed? Pre-buff no, raid buffed yeah. But I am assuming that is a pre-buff thing, and atm with unholy I don't think I will ever achieve 6200 pre-buff.

pretty sure I have the basics down guys, I'm just lookin for something to help put me up above someone who has better connection, and a bit better smarts on what they are doing.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q92/AestheticDeath/122209140.jpgThis was last night on Suarfang

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q92/AestheticDeath/121509450.jpgThis was on some trash before getting to marrowgar. I was really close to lawl this time

In case you forgot who I am playing.. (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Torand)

AnticorRifling
12-22-2009, 08:44 PM
You're way under expertise cap (but so am I, waiting on a few pieces....damn random loot being random). Other than that I don't know what to tell you since I've never had a taste for unholy for some reason.

AestheticDeath
12-22-2009, 09:20 PM
yeah i can swap a exp trinket for greatness and get to 25 - havent figured out which one to use tho

AestheticDeath
12-23-2009, 02:05 AM
Just dropped my tank spec, to pick up blood DPS again.. was not happy with unholy on single targets really...

AnticorRifling
12-23-2009, 08:12 AM
Yeah I unholy pvp and pve blood. I had a blood tank spec but my gear is so far behind (all t8ish) I figured it wasn't worth having until I bring that gear set up to snuff.

g++
12-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Just dropped my tank spec, to pick up blood DPS again.. was not happy with unholy on single targets really...

Well...the thing is DK's are kind of the intelligent AOE specialists. Its not a bad thing to have rediculous AOE damage and slightly reduced single target dps as a DK. Honestly the only way your ever going to beat a rogue on a single target burn is if the rogue is bad. You can beat every other class in a fight where smart AOE is needed tho like Saurfang and Anub. Just throwing it out there...if anyone in your raid is expecting you to top a rogue single target in unholy they simply dont understand why you bring an unholy dk in the first place.

Alfster
12-23-2009, 10:43 AM
ouch at ranged out damaging a melee on saurfang.

AnticorRifling
12-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Well...the thing is DK's are kind of the intelligent AOE specialists. Its not a bad thing to have rediculous AOE damage and slightly reduced single target dps as a DK. Honestly the only way your ever going to beat a rogue on a single target burn is if the rogue is bad. You can beat every other class in a fight where smart AOE is needed tho like Saurfang and Anub. Just throwing it out there...if anyone in your raid is expecting you to top a rogue single target in unholy they simply dont understand why you bring an unholy dk in the first place.
Very, very true.

I might start looking into unholy since we now have a few hunters that show up and I can get trueshot with some kind of regularity. I really don't want to regem my shit though so I'll have to see what I've got in the bank and what's conducive to solid unholy stats.

AestheticDeath
12-23-2009, 08:03 PM
I don't really change my gear/gems for the diff spec. Partially because I don't have a lot of gear. I may be changing that soon though.

I don't think anyone expects the DKs to out dmg the rogue, not unless they out gear him by some margin, which won't be happening too soon I don't think. He is the only rogue running with us atm, so he gets all the gear. Him and the tanks have it made. And we tend to run heavy on DKs right now unfortunately. But I am always looking for the next target to shoot for. As far as the single target vs multi, thats just my retardedness kicking in. I see higher numbers the more targets I get, and the more I see those high numbers, the more dissappointed I become when I go back to single target. And for boss fights, specially for a place like 10/25m TOC, it is more often then not single targets.

And the lawlknight guy, he seems to do as much DPS with unholy as he does blood, on single targets. He doesn't get a huge amount of difference like I thought I was getting. Though, in running a couple heroics, and the naxx weekly guy last night, I overestimated my capability as blood spec I guess. I am not really outdoing my unholy single target by much yet.

One of the things I am combating is being out geared. And both the DKs who regularly out DPS me, are long time gamers, so they know their shit apparently.

The other DK up there, Huka, is using a duel wield frost build lately. He is behind the unholy usually though.

And our ranged are some of the better geared players atm I think. Better then the melee anyways.

Drinin
12-23-2009, 08:29 PM
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zb53klwdkgbp96ra/sum/damageDone/?s=6394&e=6681

There's our Saurfang kill last week. I'm Censure. We have one good DK, but lately he's only been showing up to like one out of the three raid nights. One of the easiest fights as melee, just mash buttons.

Alfster
12-23-2009, 10:21 PM
And the lawlknight guy, he seems to do as much DPS with unholy as he does blood, on single targets. He doesn't get a huge amount of difference like I thought I was getting. Though, in running a couple heroics, and the naxx weekly guy last night, I overestimated my capability as blood spec I guess. I am not really outdoing my unholy single target by much yet.

One of the things I am combating is being out geared. And both the DKs who regularly out DPS me, are long time gamers, so they know their shit apparently.

The other DK up there, Huka, is using a duel wield frost build lately. He is behind the unholy usually though.

And our ranged are some of the better geared players atm I think. Better then the melee anyways.

Saurfang is a pure tank and spank for melee. Not so for casters, hence why melee do so much better on that fight.

Then again, that looks like an arcane mage...so he's a bit op'd anyway.

AestheticDeath
12-24-2009, 01:48 AM
was only one melee under the mage man, and he didn't do aweful really

on another note, I got like a buncha gear between yesterday and today, not all the stuff i wanted but upgrades nonetheless... only three pieces under 245 now. i feel special cause i am catching up to the gearscores some of the top guys have had for like the last 6 months... (5253, 5271 when i get around to donning the new helm, tho i think im waiting for another piece first.)

TheEschaton
12-24-2009, 03:05 AM
How does AD have a higher gearscore than me?

Alfster
12-24-2009, 07:39 AM
He sure has a boner for gearscores.

AnticorRifling
12-24-2009, 07:44 AM

Random loot is random.

Dude I'm still rocking heroic cloak and boots. Heroic trinket, naxx trinket, etc. Sometimes the shit just doesn't drop. Our guild gets more weapons than any guild I've ever heard of but the other pieces....not so much.

Parkbandit
12-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Loving being the king of the mountain for the next 2 levels:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Bullchip

I had 3 alliance on me in North Bunker (AV) trying to take it back.. they couldn't kill me or take the flag back.

PS - Yes, I know my spec sucks.. but it's only until I get to 80.

g++
12-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Unholy dks can top rogues on tons of fights. It just has to be fights with adds that actually matter. Rogues are somewhat limited if you think about it because of combo points they cant really switch well and their AOE is pretty balls. The extra dps they do on single target is in alot of ways compensation for the fact that their an extremely one dimensional class.

AestheticDeath
12-24-2009, 01:48 PM

I dunno how much you play, but I have been raiding like 2-3 days a week lately. Gear comes a bit easier for me than it was before in other guilds, when it was like 1 day, maybe 2.. And half of my gear is/was bought, rather than raid drops. I had 232 tier from badges till I got some trophies. Trinket from 5 man which is easy, crafted trinket, crafted bracers (was teh 232 5m before), badge ring, and free ring from rep. Got my cloak like two weeks ago, got a new neck and boots last night, upgraded 232 shoulders to 245 last night. My 232 belt has been there for 2 months tho. And atm, the majority like 99% of my guild is better geared then me I think. So I get less people rolling against me, unless we have to pug. And the boots were loot counciled cause they felt sorry for me. I am gonna wind up passing on a lot of gear soon.

He sure has a boner for gearscores.
Not quite, but since I downloaded the addon, it is just one of those things that stares back at me all the time. Was pretty shitty feeling, always being around people who had gear that was twice as good. I came in late, but am going to catch up before long. Progress makes anyone happy ya know.

AestheticDeath
12-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Unholy dks can top rogues on tons of fights. It just has to be fights with adds that actually matter. Rogues are somewhat limited if you think about it because of combo points they cant really switch well and their AOE is pretty balls. The extra dps they do on single target is in alot of ways compensation for the fact that their an extremely one dimensional class.

Uh yeah. Topping rogues on AOE as unholy is simple. It is the single target I was talking about earlier. I mean on the trash before deathwhisper, we can get up to 20k dmg. So can the mage tho.