PDA

View Full Version : Moral Dilemma, advice needed.

Celephais
08-26-2009, 01:36 PM
So a while ago I mentioned getting some peaches for free in the mail:

The guy who lived in this house before me didn't tell his parents he moved or something. I just got a package for him that on the outside had "Enjoy, Love Mom and Dad". So I called the shipper up and told them and their response was:
"Well, let me tell you what you have there, those are peaches, they're yours, you can eat them now, we'll contact the buyer and get a new address and send him some new ones. <then 'oh while I've got you on the phone we're having a special on...>"

Anyway... "Harry and David" Oregold peaches are FUCKING DELICIOUS. I guess they better be at $6-$7 a peice.

Well this time I got another wrong address package... but it sounds too good to send back.

... a kilt. I've always wanted a kilt, I'm surprised I don't own one really. Now here sits a package, unopened from a kilt store. I would think the proper moral thing to do would be to open it up and see if it fits.

:( I don't want to call them and tell them wrong address.

Tisket
08-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Keep it, wear it, post pictures.

TheEschaton
08-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Are they different senders? If it's the same sender and they've mistakenly sent it again, fuck em, they idiotically sent you a kilt.

If the sender is a different one....you should probably return it and buy your own kilt. Are you too poor to afford a kilt?

Tisket
08-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Ok ok let me change my advice a bit:

Open it, try it on, take pictures, return it.

Fallen
08-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Is it from dude's parents again?

Numbers
08-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Why in the holy fires of hell would you have always want a kilt?

Here, I'll save you the choice:

http://www.nextag.com/plaid-skirt/products-html

Xanator
08-26-2009, 01:56 PM
I'd say that a sort of quirky guy lived in your house before you, but it sounds like you two have some pretty similar interests, so I'll probably just keep it to myself.

That said, I think it's this guy's responsibility to update his address with any place he's going to order stuff from, or anyone who's going to order stuff to have sent to him (namely his own parents? wtf?). So, to my mind, the kilt is fair game. You'll notice that it didn't come with anything to wear underneath.

Hips
08-26-2009, 01:58 PM
OH GOD TAKE PICTURES.

Celephais
08-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Why in the holy fires of hell would you have always want a kilt?

Here, I'll save you the choice:

http://www.nextag.com/plaid-skirt/products-html
You've got techno viking in your sig and you don't think kilts are awesome?

Mighty Nikkisaurus
08-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Is it from dude's parents again?

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who wondered this, lol.

My house used to belong to a guy who went crazy and had to be taken into custody by the state.. we get random packages and a ton of magazines subscriptions. They don't let us send them back either because apparently he can't recieve that type of mail in the home he's in. We've gotten some REALLY weird stuff, like a shipment of 50 empty wine bottles.

Drew
08-26-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who wondered this, lol.

My house used to belong to a guy who went crazy and had to be taken into custody by the state.. we get random packages and a ton of magazines subscriptions. They don't let us send them back either because apparently he can't recieve that type of mail in the home he's in. We've gotten some REALLY weird stuff, like a shipment of 50 empty wine bottles.

That's real funny until he shows up to collect. One night. At 3am. Naked.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
08-26-2009, 02:15 PM
That's real funny until he shows up to collect. One night. At 3am. Naked.
Yeah that would scare the shit out of me.

When we moved in all of the neighbors came over to see how the house had been renovated. A bunch had apparently walked through when it had been foreclosed on and from what they say it was a total shit hole. The guy who bought the house and flipped it showed us the 'before' pictures and it's hard to believe it's the same house. There was broken glass and crap smeared all over the walls and a ton of destroyed furniture and walls and ceilings.

Imagine an alcoholic werewolf and how it's home would look and this came pretty close.

LMingrone
08-26-2009, 02:25 PM
I went to Walmart to get a new vacuum the other day. I noticed the woman didn't ring it up, so I asked her multiple times if she was sure she rang it up. After asking about 5 times I gave up and took the free vacuum. The dumbass receipt checker didn't even realize I had a big ass vacuum in my cart. I never steal, but I wasn't going to waste my time waiting for a manager.

Same exact thing happened at Stop & Shop yesterday with 3 cases of water. I tried. Oh well.

Drisco
08-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Pictures.

Edit: Pictures of you wearing the kilt or it didn't happen.

waywardgs
08-26-2009, 02:45 PM
You've got techno viking in your sig and you don't think kilts are awesome?

Vikings killed people wearing kilts.

Bhuryn
08-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Vikings killed people wearing kilts.

And we will again... one day...

CrystalTears
08-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Ok ok let me change my advice a bit:

Open it, try it on, take pictures, return it.
:yeahthat:

Belnia
08-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Kilt check!

Latrinsorm
08-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Call the shipper up and tell them. :)

Celephais
08-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Call the shipper up and tell them. :)
Yeah I've been trying to do this since I got it... busy.

Posession is 9/10ths the law, right?

TheEschaton
08-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Possession claims of lost items trump all ownership claims except that of the True Owner.

-TheE-

Latrinsorm
08-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Possession claims of lost items trump all ownership claims except that of the True Owner.The True Owner is Jesus, btw, and we all know he's a commie, so you're alright on that front, Celephais.

Celephais
08-26-2009, 04:43 PM
I'd wear Jesus' kilt.

TheEschaton
08-26-2009, 04:45 PM
kudos for using the grammatically correct Jesus' for the possessive of the Godhead, most people follow NORMAL grammar rules and make it Jesus's.

Nieninque
08-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Most people you know are fucking American and subsequently butchers of the English language.

On topic: PUT THE FUCKING KILT ON AND POST PICTURES ALREADY.

TheRoseLady
08-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Next misdirected box to arrive, a Realdoll.

Would you send it back?

4a6c1
08-26-2009, 08:25 PM
OH GOD TAKE PICTURES.

!!

Apotheosis
08-26-2009, 08:39 PM
I went to Walmart to get a new vacuum the other day. I noticed the woman didn't ring it up, so I asked her multiple times if she was sure she rang it up. After asking about 5 times I gave up and took the free vacuum. The dumbass receipt checker didn't even realize I had a big ass vacuum in my cart. I never steal, but I wasn't going to waste my time waiting for a manager.

Same exact thing happened at Stop & Shop yesterday with 3 cases of water. I tried. Oh well.

Even though two people failed @ their jobs, with video surveillance, plus mad inventory / sales tracking information systems.. they could pretty much figure out it was you that received a "free" vacuum.