PDA

View Full Version : Fletching feathers

Lumi
08-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Anyone know where I can find some red cardinal feathers to use for fletching?

Also, what are some other neat feathers to look for? I know storm griffin feathers impart lightning flares, for one.

Lumi
08-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Bump? I am still featherless :(

zhelas
08-27-2009, 08:07 AM
You can get feathers off of cockatrices but they have no special abilities. Are there Eagles on RR that yield feathers?

As far as Red Cardinal Feathers? My ranger doesn't fletch anymore so unless they can be found in RR, the Nations or in some back room access, I have never seen them.

I know at some merchant events special feathers have been made available to the players.

Maybe some plain feathers can be dyed? ::shrugs::

Good luck finding them.

Peace

TheEschaton
08-27-2009, 09:33 AM
I hate to say it, but every time I read the title of this thread, I do a double take because I think it says "feltching".

Widgets
08-27-2009, 05:01 PM
The only feathers, that yield flares aside from possible merchant sold ones/items like the razors, are the Storm Griffin Feathers.

However, if you are indeed looking for cool, nifty looking rare/unique feathers, don't forget that Wizard Familiars are a keen way to get some feathers as well, as they can drop them from time to time....Just have to upkeep Call Familiar so that it never runs off, and drops enough feathers for you.

Can also look up creature skins and anything that yields a feather, obviously is usually able to yield fletchings from. There is a website that lists all skins I do believe, if not a majority of them, from skinnable critters. May wanna look into that as well

Lumi
08-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the info, folks. I'll have to search for different feather types and find one I like.

LadyLaphrael
08-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Gretchen can confirm, but I'm pretty sure you can make fletchings using weavable feathers. That might be where you've seen red cardinal feathers in the past.

Lumi
08-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Gretchen can confirm, but I'm pretty sure you can make fletchings using weavable feathers. That might be where you've seen red cardinal feathers in the past.

Weavable feathers? O.o

zhelas
08-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Weavable feathers? O.o

They were offered one Ebons Gate. I have about 200 Black Raven feathers sitting in a locker somewhere for my ranger to use when he decides to fletch again.

Madcap
08-28-2009, 08:03 AM
You can get feathers off of cockatrices but they have no special abilities. Are there Eagles on RR that yield feathers?

As far as Red Cardinal Feathers? My ranger doesn't fletch anymore so unless they can be found in RR, the Nations or in some back room access, I have never seen them.

I know at some merchant events special feathers have been made available to the players.

Maybe some plain feathers can be dyed? ::shrugs::

Good luck finding them.

Peace

How about the toucan feathers on FWI? Can those be used? Has anyone tried?

Whirlin
08-28-2009, 11:59 AM
The eagles you are referring to in River's Rest are the Blood Eagles, who'se feathers yield "blood red fletchings". Overall great for looks, but eagles aren't the most common mob in the area, so fletching a couple dozen arrows becomes a tedious process on killing/skinning.

It's been years, but there were plumed cockatrices either in Solhaven, or somewhere in the Elven Nations that yielded Cockatrice Plumes when skinned. Using your razor on those would result in a small stack of feathers, and thus yield between 12 and 20 fletchings for each plume. Of course, cockatrice fletchings are... pure white, I believe?

Other than that, I saw that it has been stated that wizard familiars drop feathers. I'll need to verify this one myself. I remember finding a hawk or raven feather on the ground in the small park, and being unable to cut it with my razor. I'll try to verify when the game is back up.

Seizer
09-01-2009, 07:58 PM
How about the toucan feathers on FWI? Can those be used? Has anyone tried?

You sure can, cut up a couple and regularly check the isle for a dropped feather with my characters. Also the penguin feathers from the chick or what ever is in Icemule can be cut into fletchings as well.

I remember seeing a post a long time ago about buying plain fletchings from the bowyer and then being able to dye them at the dyers place. Never tried myself cause I got a pile of griffin feathers from my MHO. No not the flaring kind but griffin fletchings none the less. Almost any bird that can be skinned yielding a wing or what not can be turned into fletchings. My ranger use to regularly use daggerbeak wings for his arrows.