PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Lock Assemblies

Asrial
08-22-2009, 01:12 PM
PM me if you have any, to start with, and we'll see if they're ones that I want to use.

I don't know all the details about their creation.. just that the ones I know I want are...

a superior six tumber lock assembly = 21,000 loresong value (I'll pay 12k for this)

an average seven tumbler lock assembly = 24,000 loresong value (I'll pay 12k for this)

an average five tumbler lock assembly = 12,000 loresong value (I'll pay 7.5k for this)

B2
08-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Just so you know, the guild buys back unwanted lock assemblies at 70% of the creation price. The loresong values seem to be a little bit under creation price.

This would be a good deal for any rogue going through the ranks where they are required to create locks if you wanted to offer more than 70% of the creation price...but as it is, any rogue taking you up on this would just be losing money.

Asrial
08-22-2009, 02:15 PM
I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip :)

Now I wonder if I should tell my girl about that or not, lol. We ended up using her assemblies for my deeds.

Anyways, with that info I withdraw my desire for assemblies.

Lucos
08-22-2009, 02:25 PM
I imagine you could find an LFM master that would make them for you at cost if you ask nicely.

Asrial
08-22-2009, 03:06 PM
How much are they at cost? My deeds cost 35-40k (notes in Hearthstone) so that's my limit.

The average seven tumbler (loresings at 24k) worked by itself for a deed but it sounds like it costs ~40k to make.

Lucos
08-22-2009, 04:53 PM
>lm lock create -100
You call in a workshop attendant and ask for enough material to create a -100 lock. The attendant smiles at you and says, "Certainly sir, that will be 700 silvers. Let me know if that is acceptable." before wandering out again.

If this price is acceptable, just attempt to create the lock again.

>lm lock create -700
You call in a workshop attendant and ask for enough material to create a -700 lock. The attendant smiles at you and says, "Certainly sir, that will be 24500 silvers. Let me know if that is acceptable." before wandering out again.

>lm lock create -1500
You call in a workshop attendant and ask for enough material to create a -1500 lock. The attendant smiles at you and says, "Certainly sir, that will be 112500 silvers. Let me know if that is acceptable." before wandering out again.

>lm lock create -1500
You call in a workshop attendant and offer him enough to cover the materials for a -1500 lock. A workshop attendant accepts your silvers.

The workshop attendant quickly retrieves a small block of steel and hands it to you before returning to his counter.

Materials in hand, you concentrate on the task of molding a -1500 lock. As you work, you quickly realize that this lock isn't nearly as well-built as you set out to make it. After a short time, you find yourself with a shoddy fifteen tumbler lock assembly in your hand. You select a lock housing from the workbench and slide the shoddy lock assembly inside.
Roundtime: 49 sec.

Asrial
08-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Lucos, you rock :)

Let me mull it over and figure out a plan that yields a noticeable profit for me (and you; this is a bulk (and future service) request and so I want to make sure you're feeling compensated).