PDA

View Full Version : Ultrafletch

eeky
08-22-2009, 01:45 AM
Found an error. When it goes to cut the shaft it will grab whatever kind of knife or in my case stiletto and try to cut it with a dagger. I just did a search for dagger and replaced it with stiletto and works fine now. Great program, thanks.

eeky
08-22-2009, 02:23 AM
One more, cap container location, it's hard coded for quiver.

Elgrim
02-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Tried this script out today and I get an error immediately upon running it. Same error when I try to setup.

>;ultrafletch setup
--- Lich: ultrafletch active.
error in Gtk.queue: Insecure operation - eval
error in Gtk.queue: Insecure operation - eval

I'm sure someone who knows something about Ruby can point me to what the problem is.

Thanks!

Elgrim
02-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Answered my own question with some more searching. I did not run ;trust ultrafletch. This solved my issue.

kookiegod
02-07-2010, 05:14 PM
What is the point of trust at all? Most people won't know how to read the code and gonna trust it automatically.

/shrug

~Paul

Tillmen
02-07-2010, 06:43 PM
As time goes on, the trusted script system should become less annoying. Most scripts that currently have to be trusted can be rewritten to do the same thing without having to be trusted. For example, optimus needed only one line changed to let it run as an untrusted script, and it functions just the same as it did when trusted.

Lich scripts are ridiculously more powerful than Wizard or Stormfront scripts, and even more powerful when Ruby is set to run as admin. A trusted script can read, edit, or delete nearly any file on your computer. It can steal your passwords and other information and send them to someone. It can download and install viruses, trojans, and spyware. It's basically the same risk as running any program, except you can view the code in the script and see if it wants to do something you don't want it to.

Untrusted script are still ridiculously powerful, but arbitrary file access is disabled, and anything I could find that would allow an untrusted script to cause code to run as trusted, and the ability to hide input from the game server is disabled. They can still save any settings they want, create GTK windows, and most anything else.

If you don't understand Ruby enough to tell if a script is malicious, you can ask someone to look at it for you. Or you can blindly trust everything. Sooner or later I expect someone is going to write a malicious script, and as long as you express that you trust the script, it's not my fault. (If an untrusted script manages to screw you over, it's still not my fault.)