PDA

View Full Version : Harmful Creatures?? -- Exploding/Wound Causing/Death

Inspire
08-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Anyone able to help create a list of harmful creatures? Anything that explodes or causes a wound upon being skinned or searched.

I know Teras is bad for them but I honestly have never hunted there much.

Here's what I got:

Mein Golems explode after being searched. -- Can cause death?
Fire Mages cause a wound after dying. -- Another on search?
Myklians cause a wound when touched/skinned/searched.

Who else has some more?

petroglyph
08-21-2009, 04:24 PM
Shimmering Fungus can poison/scratch your hands if you flub a skinning attempt, if I recall correctly. It's been a while.

HSB
08-21-2009, 04:24 PM
Fire mages cause a wound as they die, not when they're searched. Lava golems and skayls injure your hand when you search them (and skayls leave you with a molten hot cursed gem to boot).

HSB
08-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Minor and Major Glacei also do minor damage when searched.

Inspire
08-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Vipers can poison you when skinning.
(Black Forest Vipers)
(Tree Forest Vipers?)

Donquix
08-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Vipers can poison you when skinning.
(Black Forest Vipers)
(Tree Forest Vipers?)

necrotic snakes do this as well i believe in river's rest

Danical
08-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Vvrael when you remove a limb or something will have an acid flare.

Fallen
08-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Festering taints (otf) can splash you with acid when they are critted.

ZeP
08-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Lesser vruul and stone sentinels will cause a minor hand wound if you search the wrong one. Like if the second one is dead and you just >search vruul instead of >search other vruul.

zhelas
08-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Teras
Siren Lizards can poison you while you attemp to skin them.
Wasp Nests Though you don't get hurt while searching them and you can't skin them, if you don't watch out you can die instantly but just attacking them at the wrong time.

Stronghold/Bowels
Not sure that this would count as explodes. But if the Illoke or Stone Giants are not prone when they die, they can fall and crush you. Plus dismembering them while you hunt them can also have them fall and crush you.

yesicj
08-22-2009, 04:57 AM
Magru mess up your hands when you search them.

Stone gargoyles are also among the big stone bastards that can fall on you when they die.

For what it's worth though, trying to search sentinels that aren't dead only causes RT, not injuries.

Blushy
08-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Stone gargoyles are also among the big stone bastards that can fall on you when they die.
If you want to get into this, then add stone giants, Illoke mystics, and Illoke shamans (and probably also elders and jarls, but I haven't gotten there yet).

Euler
08-22-2009, 11:14 AM
ice golemns, ice elementals in pinefar. minors when you search.

Belnia
08-22-2009, 02:46 PM
If you search a skayl, you get a nice chunk of burning, cursed glaes in your hand.

Delias
08-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Kiramon defenders can poison you when you skin them.