PDA

View Full Version : Marginally less titillating.....

Sweets
03-04-2004, 10:53 AM
http://elfonlyinn.keenspace.com/

How does someone keep this from happening with conflict but stay within the fun boundaries? Is it all about egos that makes us hot under the collar when we lose the conflict? (Ilonia loses 11 victories 0) My character's cute but loses almost every conflict she encounters. I just about got the better of one Lordly sir and man...was he mad. It all worked out in the end but can conflict really be done without it all ending up with..

No you're not
Yes I am
Warn
You sux
Warn
cast spell
warn

You get the picture. We also don't need the boring yawn fest as above.

Discuss if desired.

StrayRogue
03-04-2004, 11:09 AM
Well, you can act your attacks. Depends on who you're fighting. Don't bother with one of the boulder idiots. Or, don't attack as hard as possible. Stance neutral and such. MOC from defensive is also fun and looks cool.

HarmNone
03-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Unfortunately, it has become almost mandatory that you know the person with whom you choose to roleplay a conflict that escalates into a battle. It has been this way for a looong time. From what I am seeing here, if you do not know the person with whom you are trying to roleplay, you have a better chance of being "attacked" by the dreaded WARN verb than of having an enjoyable, roleplayed conflict. ;)

HarmNone

Fallen
03-04-2004, 01:20 PM
shrugs. I see it as picking and chosing your battles. If your fighting someone that is your match, especially in a pure's (non maneuver) duel, they are enjoyable enough.