PDA

View Full Version : Loresong question

Kithor
08-15-2009, 12:37 AM
so below is a log of a loresong on a bracelet I just found, my question is what does the 'You sense that this is some type of holy item.' mean? It has no spell in it, it's not made of white ora... is it just a random message? 'cause a blessed/sanctified bracelet just doesn't make sense to me.

You sing:

"Bracelet in my hand
What is your value in this land"

Roundtime: 7 sec.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the beryl bracelet in your hand, and you learn something about it...

This is a small item, under a pound. In your best estimation, it's worth about 62,000 silvers.

R>loresing bracelet sitting in my palm;share with me your purpose without a qualm
You sing:

"Bracelet sitting in my palm
Share with me your purpose without a qualm"

Roundtime: 9 sec.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the beryl bracelet in your hand, and you learn something about it...

You sense a faint aura of magic around the beryl bracelet. You sense that this is some type of holy item. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the bracelet is to cast a spell or perform some magical purpose. Also, it seems to have some sort of enhancive properties.

R>
You feel at full magical power again.
>loresing bracelet you can't be just for show;all about your magic is what I'd like to know
You sing:

"Bracelet you can't be just for show
All about your magic is what I'd like to know"

Roundtime: 11 sec.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the beryl bracelet in your hand...

From the rapid vibrations of the beryl bracelet, you determine it has no spell within it now, but could be imbedded with one, in the proper hands. You estimate that it can contain an average amount of mana.
The bracelet resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus to Shield Use Bonus.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 3 times.
You think that you could probably find out something more about the bracelet's enhancive properties if you tried.

R>loresing bracelet so pretty and shiny;please tell me your special ability is not too tiny
You sing:

"Bracelet so pretty and shiny
Please tell me your special ability is not too tiny"

Roundtime: 11 sec.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the beryl bracelet in your hand...

The magical strength of this item is strong. It could probably handle the imbedding of an entirely new spell, if handled with care.

The bracelet resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 2 to Shield Use Bonus.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 3 times.
The bracelet looks to have almost innumerable charges remaining.

You sense that the beryl bracelet will crumble into dust after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

You sense that the beryl bracelet will disintegrate after its last magical charge has been expended.

Asrial
08-15-2009, 02:57 AM
Maybe it's scripted and has holy themed scripts?

Swami71
08-15-2009, 03:08 AM
Might of got a random sanctified bracelet. Even though its not a weapon or armor.

Inspire
08-15-2009, 03:18 AM
Honestly, I think there is something buggy with sanct items. I think a lot of weapons and things mysteriously became sanctified overnight.

Maybe when the enchant changes rolled in?

Kithor
08-15-2009, 10:30 AM
it's a bracelet I found in a box about 15 min before posting.