PDA

View Full Version : Lich/Psinet

kgolfer
08-15-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm trying to get both of them to work.....I've read the posts in reference to this, but most are due to Psinet not working after you install them both.

My problem is Lich is not working after I load Psinet. Psinet works just fine.

Any suggestions (besides not loading psinet).

AK

SpiffyJr
08-15-2009, 12:39 AM
Uninstall Psinet because you don't need it unless you like OOC. If that's the case uninstall Lich because we don't want you. I mean that in the nicest possible way. :)

kgolfer
08-15-2009, 12:47 AM
Nope, its not the OOC. Its kind of like quitting smoking cold turkey...not good (but necessary if nothing else works).

AK

SpiffyJr
08-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Just tell us what you're used to and we'll tell you how to get it.

Drew
08-15-2009, 01:08 AM
Just tell us what you're used to and we'll tell you how to get it.

Being able to chat with everyone who uses PSInet...

Drew
08-15-2009, 02:12 AM
On a serious note the reason I stopped using Lich was because I got a new computer and didn't want to figure out how to install with psinet but the main reason I had no motivation was because ;walk had been broken forever and never fixed. I can barely hunt without ;walk after it came out, I'm now officially too lazy to walk around.

pabstblueribbon
08-15-2009, 03:32 AM
Um.. Yeah. There's nothing wrong with ;walk.

Perhaps you needed to use ;groupwalk?

And... there's an installer now.. and an installer script for Psinet if you want to use that too.

All you need to do is uninstall psinet (save your profiles folder) and run the installer found at www.lichproject.com

Run the SGE, ;repo download installpsinet.lic

Install psinet, log into the game, run ;installpsinet

Close the game out, run SGE again and you should be golden.

If you're new to lich shit that you will love and is easy to learn to program is any 'refresh' spells you have to constantly put back up. IE signs3.lic - keeps all your col signs up, and im sure there's some for GoS, if there isnt we could make one fairly easy. I know I would go crazy without my refresh script for my paladin spells..

Inspire
08-15-2009, 03:35 AM

Perhaps you needed to use ;groupwalk?

And... there's an installer now.. and an installer script for Psinet if you want to use that too.

All you need to do is uninstall psinet (save your profiles folder) and run the installer found at www.lichproject.com

Run the SGE, ;repo download installpsinet.lic

Install psinet, log into the game, run ;installpsinet

Close the game out, run SGE again and you should be golden.

If you're new to lich shit that you will love and is easy to learn to program is any 'refresh' spells you have to constantly put back up. IE signs3.lic - keeps all your col signs up, and im sure there's some for GoS, if there isnt we could make one fairly easy. I know I would go crazy without my refresh script for my paladin spells..

I think I'll try this tomorrow.

pabstblueribbon
08-15-2009, 03:46 AM
Ehhhh... I was kinda the tester for all this and I may have gotten the order mixed up. Let me try it on a machine first and I'll post exactly what to do and in what order.

Drew
08-15-2009, 04:02 AM

Maybe there isn't now but it was broken for a good year.

pabstblueribbon
08-15-2009, 04:03 AM
Eh. I used it all last year. Dunno what you're talking about. Moot anyways, Tillmens taken over and bugs are squashed within the day, sometimes minute, they're found. :)

Donquix
08-15-2009, 10:18 AM
when i just updated to the new lich, as i was using the older one forever, the order i went was...

uninstalled pisnet, and lich (in that order)

reinstall game launcher (should be able to log into game now, with just the wiz/sf active)

install newest version of lich

let ;updater update you to the newest stuff for lich

when it's done, ;repo download installpsinet

run ;installpsinet

install psinet

should be able to use everything now without issue.

Now that's what i did, but i believe as long as you have lich working it doesn't matter if you install psinet before or after running ;installpsinet

SpiffyJr
08-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Being able to chat with everyone who uses PSInet...

And I'll reiterate: If that's the case uninstall Lich because we don't want you. I mean that in the nicest possible way.

SpiffyJr
08-15-2009, 11:49 AM
when i just updated to the new lich, as i was using the older one forever, the order i went was...

uninstalled pisnet, and lich (in that order)

reinstall game launcher (should be able to log into game now, with just the wiz/sf active)

install newest version of lich

let ;updater update you to the newest stuff for lich

when it's done, ;repo download installpsinet

run ;installpsinet

install psinet

should be able to use everything now without issue.

Now that's what i did, but i believe as long as you have lich working it doesn't matter if you install psinet before or after running ;installpsinet

These are the proper steps.

Drew
08-15-2009, 06:41 PM
And I'll reiterate: If that's the case uninstall Lich because we don't want you. I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Fantastic attitude there. The ability to chat to more people isn't something you should be discouraging, especially is such a dickish manner. As someone who has used Lich from the day it was released though, I realize that you don't represent the Lich community in any way.

Tillmen
08-15-2009, 07:04 PM

Psinet must be installed after using ;installpsinet.

installpsinet.lic just creates a batch file and changes the normal Lich launcher string in the registry to point at that batch file instead. Psinet is able to launch the batch file, which launches Lich, but Psinet is not able to launch Lich directly like the SGE does. If the new string isn't in place when Psinet is installed, it isn't going to be used.

A side effect of using the installpsinet script is that a command prompt window shows up when you log in. Apparently, this window can be closed without disconnecting from the game.

SpiffyJr
08-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Fantastic attitude there. The ability to chat to more people isn't something you should be discouraging, especially is such a dickish manner. As someone who has used Lich from the day it was released though, I realize that you don't represent the Lich community in any way.

If you would have read my original post you would have noticed that I was referring to OOC. In my experience (and the experience of many Lich users) the majority of OOC is idiots. I used Psinet for years and rarely stayed tuned into OOC because of the amount of bullshit spewing from peoples mouths. I don't want that shit on lnet.

ZeP
08-15-2009, 07:45 PM
If you would have read my original post you would have noticed that I was referring to OOC. In my experience (and the experience of many Lich users) the majority of OOC is idiots. I used Psinet for years and rarely stayed tuned into OOC because of the amount of bullshit spewing from peoples mouths. I don't want that shit on lnet.

I doubt that lich chat is the sanctum sanctorum of the Internet but rather the lich chat probably just has less users thereby making it more tame. OOC really isn't much different than any other chat room with 80 to 100 people.

SpiffyJr
08-15-2009, 07:47 PM
You're probably right. I enjoy the nice quiet atmosphere of LNet where people that ask questions aren't immediately belittled. I also think a small part is the more difficult installation of Lich. The true idiots give up. I guess I shot myself in the foot by making that Lich installer.

Inspire
10-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Help?

I'm getting this ---

--- Lich: infomon active.
--- Lich: updater active.
--- Lich: lnet active.
>
Error encountered establishing TCP socket:

Error connecting to server: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. - connect(2)
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. - connect(2)

--- Lich: updater has exited.

pabstblueribbon
10-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Step one: Download notepad ++
Step two: Run notepad ++ and open up lnet, infomon, and repository, possibly updater.
Step three: At the top, select languages, select ruby. (makes it easier to read)
Step four: Search for sudolife.com in all of these scripts. (cant remember which ones need updating)
Step five: change it from lich.sudolife.com to sudolife.com
Step six: Profit!!!??

Inspire
10-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Step one: Download notepad ++
Step two: Run notepad ++ and open up lnet, infomon, and repository, possibly updater.
Step three: At the top, select languages, select ruby. (makes it easier to read)
Step four: Search for sudolife.com in all of these scripts. (cant remember which ones need updating)
Step five: change it from lich.sudolife.com to sudolife.com
Step six: Profit!!!??

This worked! Thanks!

Celephais
10-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Couldn't you just open them in notepad and make the same change? Or is that just a plug for notepad++ (that's fine).

Monsoon
10-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Notepad can have whitespace issues.

Inspire
10-21-2009, 04:06 PM
I used regular notepad for what it's worth.

Celephais
10-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Notepad can have whitespace issues.

I used regular notepad for what it's worth.
Yeah, notepad doesn't mess up whitespaces if you're not touching them. And it's more the non-keyboard type characters than just whitespace (CR/LF issues are what I have problems with).

Just removing "lich." from a file would be fine in notepad.