PDA

View Full Version : README - New Installer - Important Info

SpiffyJr
08-13-2009, 10:19 PM
A new installer is available at http://www.lichproject.com/wiki/Download. An issue was found with the last installer that occured when a user was attempting to install without using an administrator account. The new installer defaults to installing into the running users "My Documents" folder.

The install has to be ran as an administrator. If you always run as an administrator then the default install location will suffice. If you run as a regular user you should change the default install path into your own user "My Documents" folder. If you don't do this then you have to right-click the SGE and choose "Run as Administrator."

This sucks but due to Simutronics epic fail on registry locations it's the only option.

Tillmen and I are working on a new method that should bypass all this hooplah.

Drunken Durfin
08-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Reason 5,642 not to use Vista.

SpiffyJr
08-13-2009, 11:31 PM
No, reason #122423 for software developers to properly code their shit. Software like Simutronics junk shouldn't need to be installed as an administrator. It's terribad and they should change it. Hell, when Windows 7 hits they may be forced to change it.

Alorn15
08-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Spiffy -

I'm getting a "Could not initialize ActiveSkin control" critical error after installing. This is a fresh install on a Windows XP box without any prior simu/lich installs.

EDIT: Fixed via redundant installs. Reinstalled SF/SGE on top of the install package, entered game via website to update SF, uninstalled lich, reinstalled lich. In retrospect this may have been because SF wasn't fully updated the first time?

Thanks in advance.

SpiffyJr
08-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Spiffy -

I'm getting a "Could not initialize ActiveSkin control" critical error after installing. This is a fresh install on a Windows XP box without any prior simu/lich installs.

EDIT: Fixed via redundant installs. Reinstalled SF/SGE on top of the install package, entered game via website to update SF, uninstalled lich, reinstalled lich. In retrospect this may have been because SF wasn't fully updated the first time?

Thanks in advance.

You just need to install SF or put the skin.ocx in c:\windows\system32 and register it. I forgot to do that part in the installer.