PDA

View Full Version : Quickstrike?

sfogarty
08-13-2009, 05:42 AM
I assume quickstrike does not work with bows, but it's worth an ask.

Danical
08-13-2009, 05:45 AM
Nossah. Only Melee.

You might try and ask on the officials to offer it for ranged weapons?

waywardgs
08-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Haste imbeds are an archer's best friend. Save the points for something else. Which reminds me- what are decent cmans for an archer? I've been trying dirtkick, with lackluster results. Any suggestions?

Widgets
08-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Haste imbeds are an archer's best friend. Save the points for something else. Which reminds me- what are decent cmans for an archer? I've been trying dirtkick, with lackluster results. Any suggestions?

wspec. Archer's don't really need any other cmans unless you are a horrible one.

StrayRogue
08-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Surge for halflings.

waywardgs
08-13-2009, 01:08 PM
wspec. Archer's don't really need any other cmans unless you are a horrible one.

spec the arrows?

Also, I use surge for the rt reduction w/ longbow. I'm thinking of going with a short or composite to avoid this problem. Longbows have higher damage, but that seems unnecessary to me as I'm only looking to crit things in the eyeballs anyway.

edit:
Skill Name: Specialization I
Mnemonic: wspec1
Hostile: No
Stamina Cost: None.
Other Requirements: A weapon type to specialize in.
Available to: Warriors, Rogues, Paladins.
Prerequisites:
None
CMP Cost:
Rank 1: (Squares) 2 (Semis) 3
Rank 2: (Squares) 4 (Semis) 6
Rank 3: (Squares) 6 (Semis) 9
Rank 4: (Squares) 8 (Semis) 12
Rank 5: (Squares) 10 (Semis) 15
Description: Adds +2 to Attack Strength (AS) and bonuses to CML attack/defensive strength when using a weapon of the type chosen to specialize in.

What's CML stand for again?

StrayRogue
08-13-2009, 01:23 PM
CMList I think.

Renian
08-13-2009, 01:25 PM

Combat Mobility.
Combat Focus.
Disarm.
Surge.

You may not need them, but damn will you want them.

waywardgs
08-13-2009, 01:33 PM
mastered in mobility and disarm, 3 ranks of surge... think i'm going to drop surge to 1 rank for situational usage and just use a composite bow. That way i'll always have the 3 sec rt. Focus, hm... seems expensive for a few points of td.

droit
08-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Focus, hm... seems expensive for a few points of td.

However, TD is a glaring weak spot for rogues, and it's cheap as hell to maintain. If, like you said, there are no better options, focus is a good fallback.

waywardgs
08-13-2009, 01:50 PM
However, TD is a glaring weak spot for rogues, and it's cheap as hell to maintain. If, like you said, there are no better options, focus is a good fallback.

Sure, but it's such a weak spot that I can't see even the 10 points of td from having 5 ranks of focus making that much of a difference. The point for rogues is to hide and avoid a warding check altogether. But I may be wrong, so I guess my question is, is it worth the cman points?

SolitareConfinement
08-13-2009, 01:52 PM

pretty much..

im capped and still get hit semi-regularly by sirens with 100 AU but only a 15 bonus as im a dwarf. *shrugs* i love focus because even with augmented breastplate, all the spells i wear which is decent amount of my TD. wear 101, 107 for spiritual mana. if i remember correctly is +12 Elemental TD, and +30 Elemental TD, plus sign of dissipation which is another +15 TD, and focus gives +4 right now with 2 ranks in it. and a CVA of -19 from augmented plate. yet Sirens still hit me now and again. as do radicals. just to give others an idea of the TD weakness for rogues even at cap

droit
08-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Sure, but it's such a weak spot that I can't see even the 10 points of td from having 5 ranks of focus making that much of a difference. The point for rogues is to hide and avoid a warding check altogether. But I may be wrong, so I guess my question is, is it worth the cman points?

Focus won't do anything alone, but if I were a rogue, I'd be looking for TD from every source available to me. Like Xeroz posted, square TD is a process of accumulation; get small chunks from here and there, and eventually you will be able to ward at least some things. It's better than being warded by everything.

If you're training CM anyway and are just looking for how to distribute the points, get focus. If you'd have to learn extra CM ranks just for it, maybe not.

SolitareConfinement
08-13-2009, 02:05 PM
i do have to admit. that once in a while that i dodge a bullet and a sentry doesn't ward me with DC and i walk right on by its fucking sweet. and without grabbing every point of TD i can like i do, that would not be possible unless they fumble. on average i think it's roughly 60% chance they will hit me? but i'll take the 40% better than 0

waywardgs
08-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Focus won't do anything alone, but if I were a rogue, I'd be looking for TD from every source available to me. Like Xeroz posted, square TD is a process of accumulation; get small chunks from here and there, and eventually you will be able to ward at least some things. It's better than being warded by everything.

If you're training CM anyway and are just looking for how to distribute the points, get focus. If you'd have to learn extra CM ranks just for it, maybe not.

Good point, that makes a lot of sense.

Widgets
08-13-2009, 02:30 PM
spec the arrows?

Also, I use surge for the rt reduction w/ longbow. I'm thinking of going with a short or composite to avoid this problem. Longbows have higher damage, but that seems unnecessary to me as I'm only looking to crit things in the eyeballs anyway.

edit:
Skill Name: Specialization I
Mnemonic: wspec1
Hostile: No
Stamina Cost: None.
Other Requirements: A weapon type to specialize in.
Available to: Warriors, Rogues, Paladins.
Prerequisites:
None
CMP Cost:
Rank 1: (Squares) 2 (Semis) 3
Rank 2: (Squares) 4 (Semis) 6
Rank 3: (Squares) 6 (Semis) 9
Rank 4: (Squares) 8 (Semis) 12
Rank 5: (Squares) 10 (Semis) 15
Description: Adds +2 to Attack Strength (AS) and bonuses to CML attack/defensive strength when using a weapon of the type chosen to specialize in.

What's CML stand for again?

Correct. CML is basically just a bonus you get, if you spec to a weapon and use other CMANs with that weapon. In the case of wspecing arrows, it won't help any like it would with say, an OHE