PDA

View Full Version : MMC and SMC

Mateius
08-13-2009, 04:50 AM
Besides the mana sharing ability, is there a reason I should consistently train in both? My empath swings with casting as an occasional alternative.

Nilandia
08-13-2009, 05:03 AM
Mana share is more useful to the caster. Off the top of my head, I know mana controls are good for runestaff ranks and mana regen. For mana regen, each 10 ranks of your most-trained share (either spirit or mental) will give you 1 extra mana per pulse, on node or off. Your other share will give you another 1 per 20 ranks. Aside from that, mental mana share will boost your bone shatter.

Gretchen

Blushy
08-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Besides the mana sharing ability, is there a reason I should consistently train in both? My empath swings with casting as an occasional alternative.

My swinger originally trained in just MMC because of the benefits to 1106, but (in addition to what Nilandia said) it's also nice, in a pinch, to be able to share mana with other spiritualists.

Bhuryn
08-14-2009, 10:37 AM
You really don't need share at all if all you do is swing and cast on occasion.

Blushy
08-14-2009, 03:45 PM
You really don't need share at all if all you do is swing and cast on occasion.

You don't NEED it, but 1106 is a pretty good setup spell for a swinger, and its effectiveness as a setup is improved by MMC.

Devessi
08-17-2009, 02:24 AM
If you ever plan on doing alchemy (I know, LOL, right?), you're going to want to be more than just the bare minimum in mana share. For some reason they expect empaths to be singled in both MMC and SMC (I don't get it either) and cauldron reps will be absofuckinglutely miserable if you're only singled in one of them. My empath is 1x in MMC with 60 ranks of SMC up from 24 ranks of each before the most recent fixskill, and it made alchemy a lot less painful and my boneshatter noticably better (like Nilandia mentioned up there somewhere).

SMC helps you not get as much RT after casting 130 too, but with enough physical fitness you can eliminate most of the waves of sickness anyhow. Plus, it's just RT, who cares as long as you're safe back in town. (Unless you're as impatient as I am.)

Mateius
08-17-2009, 03:49 AM
Thanks guys. Think i decided on 24 for smc and 1x in mmc to better bone shatter.