PDA

View Full Version : Fat Princess (PS3/360)

Methais
08-11-2009, 10:44 PM
This thread has nothing to do with Simucon cosplayers.

This game is more full of win than Obama is full of shit.

Reminds me of WoW battlegrounds but with 2D graphics, a 3/4 view, and the ability to change classes as you wish, by donning different hats (mage hat, warrior helm, etc.) which can be found either in your base, the enemy's base, or on a fallen enemy. i.e. You're a mage and you kill a ranger, you can walk up and put on his hat and you become a ranger.

You can upgrade the classes' weapons too and switch between them on command. i.e. Fire mage upgrades to a frost mage with snares and roots, priests get upgraded to shadow priests (think they're called dark priests here but whatever) where instead of healing, they drain life from enemies, warrior goes from sword & board to a big 2H and a charge ability, etc.

The fat princess part comes into play in the "Capture the Princess" modes, which is basically capture the flag. You feed cake that's scattered all over the map to the princess, making her fatter which makes her harder for enemies to carry around.

Overall it's an extremely simple game but it's more full of fun and win than Obama is full of shit.

That's a pretty simple (and lazy) description, but I'd definitely recommend checking it out. Costs $15 and there's no demo, but check out some videos and/or reviews if you're on the fence. It's a blast and gives me raging erections.

Bhuryn
08-12-2009, 12:01 AM
god I wish it would come out for PC.

Celephais
08-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Housemate of mine bought it and I watched him play, it looked like a lot of really simple fun. Although I could see it getting old rather quickly (but hell for $15 you can just pick it up every now and then and it's well worth it)

Geshron
08-12-2009, 03:07 AM
It's hysterical, love it on ps3. Glorious color too.

Proxy
08-12-2009, 03:16 AM
this kind of reminds me of a game called Headz or some such that came out 10+ years ago, your character(s) could change classes or builds by swapping heads. Freaking loved that game. Almost as much as Worm

Methais
08-12-2009, 05:34 PM
What are your PS3 names?

The Ponzzz
08-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Hahah this game is aweseome.

Geshron
08-12-2009, 10:10 PM
TreeIsLegend is mine, others should post theirs here.

Bhuryn
08-12-2009, 11:17 PM
hahahha

http://www.pcmag.co.uk/computeractive/news/2227754/fat-princess-game-condemned

Methais
08-13-2009, 12:01 AM
"I can't figure out why anyone would want to rescue a fat princess in the first place, since everyone knows that fat girls are unlovable human garbage at whom any sensible bloke would sooner hurl invective than cast a longing glance, "

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs43/f/2009/106/0/c/This_is_faceplam_by_Snook_8.png

Ashliana
08-13-2009, 05:11 PM
I was in the beta. It's a fun game, but I've heard the reviews for it were pretty mediocre.

Sidenote: Isn't this PS3 only? According to Metacritic/Wikipedia/Gamefaqs, it is, anyway.

Ashlander
08-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Heh, the best part of that quote is that a feminist wrote it.

Methais
08-13-2009, 10:25 PM
I was in the beta. It's a fun game, but I've heard the reviews for it were pretty mediocre.

Sidenote: Isn't this PS3 only? According to Metacritic/Wikipedia/Gamefaqs, it is, anyway.

IGN: 9.0
Gamespot: 7.5
1UP: A-

Too lazy to look up more scores, but they look pretty good to me.

Ashliana
08-14-2009, 10:02 AM
IGN: 9.0
Gamespot: 7.5
1UP: A-

Too lazy to look up more scores, but they look pretty good to me.

I'd consider 7.5 pretty mediocre, but the Metacritic average is at 80, which is the lowest level at which I'll really consider buying a game. Most of the reviews cite issues with communication.. just like every online PS3 game. No one has a microphone, and those that do often have really, really crappy $5 pieces of shit.

Had the same issues in Warhawk and the PS3 version of Call of Duty. That's why I usually get online games for 'teh Ecksbocks.

Methais
08-14-2009, 04:16 PM
I'd consider 7.5 pretty mediocre, but the Metacritic average is at 80, which is the lowest level at which I'll really consider buying a game. Most of the reviews cite issues with communication.. just like every online PS3 game. No one has a microphone, and those that do often have really, really crappy $5 pieces of shit.

Had the same issues in Warhawk and the PS3 version of Call of Duty. That's why I usually get online games for 'teh Ecksbocks.

Yeah, but that's Gamespot and they're retards anyway. I've read a lot of reviews of theirs that they gave average scores, then I played the game and spent the rest of the day wondering wtf they gave it such a low score for. Anyway, the game's a blast. If you need a review to tell you that in order to consider a game as good, then ok.

The mic thing is kind of a double edged sword. On one hand I wish Sony included headsets with their PS3s so the majority of the people would be chatting, but at the same time I'm kinda glad they didn't because XBox Live is an asshatfest most of the time with people that you can't tell if it's a girl or some little punk kid whose voice hasn't even started to crack yet.

I bought the Sony bluetooth headset which works great. Sony should include that with PS3s, or at least a cheaper one so people will have something.

Also something else a friend of mine told me about but I haven't confirmed yet:
Supposedly if you log into someone else's profile on your PS3, you can download the games they purchased, and when you log back onto your name, they're still there for you to play whenever you feel like it. Seems like it'd be a gigantic oversight on Sony's part, but that would rule if it really works.

I keep meaning to exchange info with him and try it out (hopefully I'll remember to tonight) but he swears it works. Anyone ever try it?

Ashliana
08-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Yeah, but that's Gamespot and they're retards anyway. I've read a lot of reviews of theirs that they gave average scores, then I played the game and spent the rest of the day wondering wtf they gave it such a low score for. Anyway, the game's a blast. If you need a review to tell you that in order to consider a game as good, then ok.

The mic thing is kind of a double edged sword. On one hand I wish Sony included headsets with their PS3s so the majority of the people would be chatting, but at the same time I'm kinda glad they didn't because XBox Live is an asshatfest most of the time with people that you can't tell if it's a girl or some little punk kid whose voice hasn't even started to crack yet.

I bought the Sony bluetooth headset which works great. Sony should include that with PS3s, or at least a cheaper one so people will have something.

Also something else a friend of mine told me about but I haven't confirmed yet:
Supposedly if you log into someone else's profile on your PS3, you can download the games they purchased, and when you log back onto your name, they're still there for you to play whenever you feel like it. Seems like it'd be a gigantic oversight on Sony's part, but that would rule if it really works.

I keep meaning to exchange info with him and try it out (hopefully I'll remember to tonight) but he swears it works. Anyone ever try it?

Yes--you can redownload your PS3 games up to 5 times with no locks on the account playing them (versus unlimited re-downloads on the 360, but can only be played on the gamertag that bought them when used on the non-purchasing Xbox).

I don't know for a fact that the PS3 games will still be playable once you delete your imported tag from your friend's Xbox, but you can definitely play them if you leave it on there (though that's risky, gives them access to your account, credit card/etc).