PDA

View Full Version : Showtime: Dexter

The Ponzzz
08-11-2009, 05:10 PM
So, I took someone's advice and started watching Dexter. Holy, I have no clue how I ever missed this show. Awesome series. I just completed Season 2, going to be jumping on Season 3 tonight or tomorrow! Looks like Season 4 starts in September. Any Dexter fans on the PC?

Mighty Nikkisaurus
08-11-2009, 05:11 PM
I love me some Dexter.

Ashlander
08-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Loved the books but I haven't seen the series yet. I've heard nothing but good things about it though.

Donquix
08-11-2009, 05:19 PM
love it. Same with californication and weeds. Showtime has great shows, dexter was my favorite though.

The Ponzzz
08-11-2009, 05:21 PM
That Lila girl in season 2 is pretty smoking, too bad she was batshit crazy.

diethx
08-11-2009, 05:22 PM
love it. Same with californication and weeds. Showtime has great shows, dexter was my favorite though.

:yeahthat:

Unfortunately I don't get Showtime, so I have to wait for them to come out on DVD.

Sean
08-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Dexter was good until season 3 in my opinion. I can't stand his girlfriend which is a big part of not liking season 3. That and the skinner thing ended lame.

I love californication and I really enjoyed weeds though but I haven't caught up on weeds and I'm a few seasons back.

droit
08-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Dexter is teh shit. One of the more interesting characters on TV.

Khariz
08-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Dexter is my favorite TV show ever.

iJin
08-11-2009, 08:16 PM
It's a pretty damn amazing show. I think I enjoyed Season 1 the most though. Season 2 was really cutting edge and nerve wracking, but good! Can't wait for Season 4. :)

Donquix
08-11-2009, 08:41 PM

And this differs from every other smoking hot women....how?

Lumi
08-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks for mentioning Dexter, assholes. I'd finally managed to forget how badly I want the next season to start, and then I saw this thread! /cry!

;)

Heh, Dexter is one of the best shows I've ever seen. I really, really need to read the books.

ETA:

I can't stand his girlfriend which is a big part of not liking season 3.

You did see her Lara Croft costume in season 1, right? How can you not like her after that?! :D

Mighty Nikkisaurus
08-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Huh. I like his GF, his sister drives me nuts a lot, though.

iJin
08-11-2009, 09:05 PM
His sister is so awesome. I just love how she adds fuck and shit to every word, makes me laugh.

Kitsun
08-11-2009, 11:02 PM

I thought she was hot because she was batshit psycho...

Lumi
08-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Dexter was good until season 3 in my opinion. I can't stand his girlfriend which is a big part of not liking season 3. That and the skinner thing ended lame.

I love californication and I really enjoyed weeds though but I haven't caught up on weeds and I'm a few seasons back.

His sister is so awesome. I just love how she adds fuck and shit to every word, makes me laugh.

Debra is hilarious. It messes with my head a bit, though, that she and Dexter (Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall) are married.

Back
08-11-2009, 11:52 PM
I do like this show but I am not OMG TIVO IT. Its a great concept with great writers and actors. Weeds is highlarious. Showtime really is stepping up to HBO.

So is AMC? Can’t wait for the next season of Mad Men.

Bhuryn
08-11-2009, 11:57 PM
I buy it on DVD since I don't have showtime, but I love Dexter.

The Ponzzz
08-12-2009, 12:26 AM
I thought she was hot because she was batshit psycho...

Well yes. She is very exotic in that way, that she appeals to the audience due to her batshit craziness. What I meant was, I was just sad that she was crazy in the sense that the show had to go the direction they did with her (no spoilers)! I would have enjoyed it if he stayed with her over Rita. I just hope Rita's character development improves.

And yeah, Debra is awesome as well. Sad she tanked her acting career with Quarantine. Hope her new movies can pick up the pieces.

TheEschaton
08-12-2009, 12:54 AM
I like Rita and Debra, couldn't stand the psycho bitch girlfriend, but she was by far the hottest of the three.

I didn't like Jimmy Smits in season 3, tbh.

Since it seems like everyone's seen thru season 2, I can't believe they killed off James, the black cop. I mean, wtf, he was awesome.

-TheE-

The Ponzzz
08-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I was sad how they killed him off. Like, you're on Dexter's side, but he is the "bad" guy here. Where we are just use to siding with James. But, in a way, they had to do something to him.

TheEschaton
08-12-2009, 01:00 AM
The thing is, you were on both James side and Dexter's side. At least I was.

I hated that psycho bitch, though, the only side of her I wanted to be on was on top of.

-TheE-

diethx
08-12-2009, 01:08 AM
I couldn't stand James, and I was glad when his ass got blown up.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
08-12-2009, 01:28 AM
Wait wait, the actress who plays Debra is married to the actor who plays Dexter?! Did I read that right?!

diethx
08-12-2009, 01:30 AM
Yes.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
08-12-2009, 01:38 AM
Yes.

That is likely why I'm weirded out then. I keep saying whenever I watch it that their 'sibling relationship' comes across really weird to me. Still.

Ashlander
08-12-2009, 07:44 AM
Yeah, I was sad how they killed him off. Like, you're on Dexter's side, but he is the "bad" guy here. Where we are just use to siding with James. But, in a way, they had to do something to him.

Heh, if it's the same character I'm thinking of killing him off is merciful compared to what they did to him in the books.

Donquix
08-12-2009, 10:44 AM
shit i didn't know they were married either...just got married, december 08 and he divorced his last wife right after around the time the show came on the air.

HE'S A SERIAL (lady)KILLER!

graysun
08-12-2009, 12:35 PM
I don't have Showtime, but am anxiously awaiting the release of the new DVDs on Netflix.

g++
08-12-2009, 02:15 PM
I really like the premise of the show but the dialog and supporting cast can be pretty awful at times. The sister, girlfriend, his boss, their lines are absurd and their acting is terrible. The way they write the supporting characters makes them all seem borderline retarded too. I mean the whole supporting cast comes off as incredibly naive which I guess they kind of have too to not notice a mass murderer standing right next to them but I think it goes a little over the top. The sister character especially is supposedly this hardened street cop but is constantly making mistakes and crying over shit that wouldn’t phase a 13 year old. The only way they could write her to be dumber would be if she wore a helmet in every scene. Don't get me wrong though its one of my favorite shows and Ill tolerate it for the story and monologue.

The Ponzzz
08-12-2009, 02:26 PM
I felt the same way with season 1 with Rita and Paul. The whole custody thing and restaining order BS was written poorly. If an order was in effect, he would have been tossed back in jail on the spot, with his rape record. And she was such a weak weak woman at the time. Plus, the system is NEVER in favor of the father, let alone one who has a criminal record and one step away from a 3rd strike.

She got better in season 2, but not by much. Rita is the only character that I have trouble watching. But, because the whole con cept of the show is so awesome, the poor writing on some of the supporting cast can be over looked.

diethx
08-12-2009, 03:45 PM
I really like the premise of the show but the dialog and supporting cast can be pretty awful at times. The sister, girlfriend, his boss, their lines are absurd and their acting is terrible. The way they write the supporting characters makes them all seem borderline retarded too. I mean the whole supporting cast comes off as incredibly naive which I guess they kind of have too to not notice a mass murderer standing right next to them but I think it goes a little over the top. The sister character especially is supposedly this hardened street cop but is constantly making mistakes and crying over shit that wouldn’t phase a 13 year old. The only way they could write her to be dumber would be if she wore a helmet in every scene. Don't get me wrong though its one of my favorite shows and Ill tolerate it for the story and monologue.

I felt the same way with season 1 with Rita and Paul. The whole custody thing and restaining order BS was written poorly. If an order was in effect, he would have been tossed back in jail on the spot, with his rape record. And she was such a weak weak woman at the time. Plus, the system is NEVER in favor of the father, let alone one who has a criminal record and one step away from a 3rd strike.

She got better in season 2, but not by much. Rita is the only character that I have trouble watching. But, because the whole con cept of the show is so awesome, the poor writing on some of the supporting cast can be over looked.

I felt the same way with season 1 and just about everyone in Dexter's office, lol. I found myself facepalming and yelling "Come on, no one would really say that!" at the TV more than once. That's why i'm glad they killed James off, cuz he was the worst offender in my opinion.

The Ponzzz
08-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Watched all of Season 3. Can't wait for the premiere next month for Season 4. I still hate Rita though.

Bhuryn
08-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Just got the season three box set yesterday... time to waste a weekend.

diethx
08-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Just got the season three box set yesterday... time to waste a weekend.

Yah I got it on Tuesday, I finished disc 2 last night. Not a huge fan of Jimmy Smitts.

The awesome part though... when it premieres next month i'll have Showtime and DVR. No more waiting for DVDs to come out, HOORAY.

Kitsun
08-21-2009, 02:21 PM
I'm actually enjoying this third season. Just finished the third disc; one more to go. Maybe I lowered my expectations because of the commentary. I kinda liked seeing him mow down one criminal an episode like in the first season but I understand the departure from that for this season.

The Ponzzz
08-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Once you guys are done with Season 3, we shall discuss it!

iJin
08-21-2009, 05:32 PM
I got my mom into Dexter and she finished all the seasons in like a week. Now she is dying for the new season. lol.

LMingrone
08-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Just finished season 2 . I have to watch it by myself since no one I know seems to have the stomach for it after the first couple episodes, so it's taken me a while. And I have the entire The Wire series to watch before I move onto season 3 of Dexter. NO SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMingrone
08-21-2009, 06:32 PM
The awesome part though... when it premieres next month i'll have Showtime and DVR. No more waiting for DVDs to come out, HOORAY.

Get ready to not have ANY time on your hands. Between Netflix Live, Netflix delivery, On Demand Showtime, On Demand HBO, and a ton of DVDs I haven't watched....I'm glad I don't have a job right now. Plus the stupid DVR is filled with all the chefs shows and late night stuff. But who can complain about that?

Victor Mancini
08-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Just watched first episode of season 4. They had a preair something or other. I dunno. I've watched the first 3 seasons and loved it and this is starting out equally awesome.

Now that I know Dex and his sister are dating in real life, it's kinda creepy seeing them as brother and sister on the show. But it's Dexter, so everything is kinda creepy.

I'm glad you all love Dexter too!

The Ponzzz
08-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Now that I know Dex and his sister are dating in real life, it's kinda creepy seeing them as brother and sister on the show. But it's Dexter, so everything is kinda creepy.

Not dating. Married.

BigWorm
08-22-2009, 02:09 AM
I really like this show too, but agree that by far the best part is Michael C. Hall as Dexter. Dexter is the only character that the writers have been able to constitently write a solid persona for. I liked Harry more earlier in the series, though I understand that they are trying to expand his character more.

diethx
10-12-2009, 03:18 AM
Is anyone else hoping and praying that the trinity killer does Rita next instead of a dude? Man, she's fucking annoying this season. Maybe Dexter would be a more attentive father and husband if she could get her whiny ass up out of bed for once at night for the baby instead of him having to do it EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME. Stupid whore.

TheEschaton
10-12-2009, 03:25 AM
Dude, I haven't seen tonight's episode yet, pirated uploads take some time!

BigWorm
10-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Dude, I haven't seen tonight's episode yet, pirated uploads take some time!

Dude, you should check ezrss.it. They almost always have new episodes for shows in the feed within a couple hours of airing.

The Ponzzz
10-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Anything to kill Rita would make me smile.

TheEschaton
10-26-2009, 11:46 AM
After last night's episode, I also want to jump on the Kill Rita bandwagon.

It has to happen at some point, man, come on!

BigWorm
10-26-2009, 12:08 PM
After last night's episode, I also want to jump on the Kill Rita bandwagon.

It has to happen at some point, man, come on!

No matter how much they make us hate her character there is no way they could make us hate the kids enough to justify leaving them dead or orphans.

Lumi
10-26-2009, 12:09 PM
No matter how much they make us hate her character there is no way they could make us hate the kids enough to justify leaving them dead or orphans.

I agree, I have nothing against the kids. I've only seen the season premiere, I need to catch up.

TheEschaton
10-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Having never been married, I have to ask: are all wives that insane?

Celephais
10-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Having never been around a woman, I have to ask: are all women that insane?
Corrected your question, and yes.

Cephalopod
10-26-2009, 01:11 PM
In the books, the kids wind up being murderously inclined, too. It'd be nice if that would translate to the show, and perhaps they would all decide it was in everyone's best interest to kill Rita.

Victor Mancini
10-27-2009, 06:45 AM
Hey Dick from 3rd Rock is a serial killer! And he killed the chubby guy from JAG or NCIS or whatever that show was. Heeeeeeeeeey!

How many episodes in this season? The last three seasons has 12 shows, right? This has a long way to go.

Somebody mentioned they'd read the books. I know True Blood is based on books (though from what I've read from reviewers, the books are pretty crummy). Book-reader-person, how many Dexter books are there now? Thanks!

Celephais
10-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Hey Dick from 3rd Rock is a serial killer! And he killed the chubby guy from JAG or NCIS or whatever that show was. Heeeeeeeeeey!

How many episodes in this season? The last three seasons has 12 shows, right? This has a long way to go.

Somebody mentioned they'd read the books. I know True Blood is based on books (though from what I've read from reviewers, the books are pretty crummy). Book-reader-person, how many Dexter books are there now? Thanks!
4, (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dexter+books) and I haven't read them: http://www.randomhouse.com/doubleday/dexter/aboutbooks.html (also not the person you asked but..)

Morph
10-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Dexter is the best show on TV imo.

Xdo
10-27-2009, 06:20 PM
It's up there...but I dig Californication right after too.

Lumi
10-27-2009, 06:21 PM
It's up there...but I dig Californication right after too.

I'm trying to catch up on this series, I Netflixed the first season but the bastards don't have s2 on instant watch (or s3 of Weeds, which I'm also hooked on now...Mary-Louise Parker is hawt).

iJin
12-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Thought I'd show some Dexter love. The finale was awesome.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7787/img00018n.jpg

Oh yeah. I got the shirt in a raffle drawing at the Dexter finale party I went to that Showtime hosted in LA. It was very awesome, and the Dexter themed drinks were yummy and gross looking.

NocturnalRob
12-14-2009, 05:53 PM
me likey...

sick necklace too.

TheEschaton
12-14-2009, 05:56 PM
I still have to watch the finale from last night, but I anticipate epicness.

Tordane
12-14-2009, 08:39 PM
I still have to watch the finale from last night, but I anticipate epicness.

If your a fan, you won't be disappointed.

Stanley Burrell
12-14-2009, 08:43 PM
I wish John Lithgow would come over and JO in my model train room: Mutual touching and stuff, but nothing more than that... I'm not gay.

Cephalopod
12-14-2009, 08:54 PM
I wish John Lithgow would come over and JO in my model train room: Mutual touching and stuff, but nothing more than that... I'm not gay.

Holy shit, we are so in sync.

WARNING: DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE FINALE. SPOILERS:
A Salon TV critic didn't like the episode. (http://salon.com/entertainment/dexter/index.html?story=/ent/tv/iltw/2009/12/14/dexter_finale) I thought the whole season was great -- what show has she been watching that she thinks they suddenly went too far?

EDIT: Them's some impressive boobs. I would cut your body up and dump it in pieces into the ocean any day.

Celephais
12-14-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm amazed no one posted last night. That ending.. wooo... next season will be interesting, wonder how they'll handle that.

Celephais
12-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Holy shit, we are so in sync.

WARNING: DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE FINALE. SPOILERS:
A Salon TV critic didn't like the episode. (http://salon.com/entertainment/dexter/index.html?story=/ent/tv/iltw/2009/12/14/dexter_finale) I thought the whole season was great -- what show has she been watching that she thinks they suddenly went too far?

EDIT: Them's some impressive boobs. I would cut your body up and dump it in pieces into the ocean any day.
While I partly agree with what the critic had to say, the main gripe of the critic.. the 'shock' gripe, I think is unwarranted, it's something they've done since the beginning, and it's no different than the other scene that this scene is 'parodying'.

Also... do we need to pussyfoot around this? If you haven't watched the finale and are planning to, what the hell are you doing reading a thread about it.

TheEschaton
12-14-2009, 11:17 PM
I just watched the finally, and just read the article, and think the author is way off base. The comments just ripped her to shreds, LOL.

It's an interesting ending, and it will be intriguing to see how they explain it.

TheEschaton
12-14-2009, 11:26 PM
LOL, the silly woman even responds to the comments in the comment thread with her own comments which characterized this season as "light, comedic" and that the season finale was a "gut punch" and "beyond the pale." WTF is up with this woman?

Cephalopod
12-14-2009, 11:38 PM
I didn't look back at any of her other reviews. I got the impression from the comments that she's been reviewing for a while, but she seemed pretty daffy.

TheEschaton
12-15-2009, 12:34 AM
I'm glad I only check my rep like every week, since someone left neg rep with a spoiler in it, LULZ.

iJin
07-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Bump, bump. New Dexter trailer comes out tomorrow! New season comes out at the end of September.

I'm so excited!

TheEschaton
07-22-2010, 12:42 AM
Fuck, man, I don't know how they're gonna write themselves out of last season's finale.

Hell, Trinity's family is in custody, and they all know him.

iJin
07-22-2010, 12:50 AM
I have absolutely -no- idea what is up this new season. Julia Stiles joined the cast, so it'd be interesting to see what she will bring to the series. Hopefully, Trinity's family comes back, I'd love to see them.

September needs to fucking get here already!

Amber
07-22-2010, 01:02 AM
I like Rita and Debra, couldn't stand the psycho bitch girlfriend, but she was by far the hottest of the three.

I didn't like Jimmy Smits in season 3, tbh.

Since it seems like everyone's seen thru season 2, I can't believe they killed off James, the black cop. I mean, wtf, he was awesome.

-TheE-
Dammit! I was so sure he and Debra were gonna hook up at some point. I just started watching Dexter and am only on the third episode of season 2. I never thought it sounded that interesting, but I walked in on my room-mate watching last week and got hooked.

iJin
07-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Dammit! I was so sure he and Debra were gonna hook up at some point. I just started watching Dexter and am only on the third episode of season 2. I never thought it sounded that interesting, but I walked in on my room-mate watching last week and got hooked.

You're in for a treat! This is the best fucking show since........

Since ever.

TheThirdEye
07-22-2010, 07:19 AM
I've such a TV crush on Julie Benz (Rita) and I am saddened that she will no longer be on the show. She was the sexiest female cast member IMO. I am kinda partial to blonds tho.

Jaime Murray (Lila) is a close second. Sexy and psycho oh yeah. Love kills baby!

iJin
09-17-2010, 03:37 PM
ONE MORE WEEK!1

iJin
09-26-2010, 05:59 AM
I'm having a Dexter premiere party, and making red velvet cake. Will post pics. !

Gnomad
09-26-2010, 10:31 AM
I just finished season 3, have season 4 coming next from netflix, and went to DVR season 5.

And, of course, the guide info spoils the big ending of season 4. Thanks, showtime!

Asha
09-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Think I have a man-crush. This show fucking owns.

Cephalopod
09-26-2010, 08:46 PM
15 minutes.

iJin
09-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Fuckingggggg yesssss!!11 That little bitch daughter is getting on my nerve, and Quinn is going to get a fish hook in his eye, and that gay kid is still very cute and La Guerta needs to stop being a selfish bitch.

TheEschaton
09-27-2010, 11:11 AM
That daughter is going to be a world class pain in the ass. Quinn will have to be dead by the end of the season, calling it now.

Unless he secretly finds Dexter out, secretly approves, and then does nothing about it.

Cephalopod
09-27-2010, 11:28 AM
For some reason, I don't see Quinn dying for the simple reason that they already eliminated Doakes for basically the same reason. I imagine Quinn will find out and somehow come to terms with what Dexter is and not do anything about it.

Fun fact: in the books, Dexter starts training Aster and Cody in how to be serial killers. This is with Rita alive, too.

diethx
09-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Fun fact: in the books, Dexter starts training Aster and Cody in how to be serial killers. This is with Rita alive, too.

Yeah, I don't see that happening considering what a whiney vaginey she is in the show (before her mother died too, since you can't really judge a 13 year old's behavior right after she finds out her mother was just sliced and diced).

Cephalopod
09-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Well, Aster and Cody being trained had to do with the psychological damage from their dad which never really occurred in the show. Still, now that Rita is dead (since she doesn't die in the books), it might be amusing if they tilted it that way in the show... with Dexter training them.

diethx
09-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Well, Aster and Cody being trained had to do with the psychological damage from their dad which never really occurred in the show. Still, now that Rita is dead (since she doesn't die in the books), it might be amusing if they tilted it that way in the show... with Dexter training them.

The only kid I could see going that way is Harrison, honestly. Aster and Cody are damaged because their mom died, but it's not like they had to actually experience it first hand.

As soon as I saw the finale last year I had a feeling they might try to do that with the baby, since it was eerily similar to what made Dexter, Dexter.

Bobmuhthol
09-27-2010, 04:00 PM
<<Unless he secretly finds Dexter out, secretly approves, and then does nothing about it.>>

A less moral Doakes and a more survivalist Jimmy Smits.

TheEschaton
09-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Now that I think about it, the secretly-knowing-and-approving Quinn seems the most likely to me.

I don't think the kids are gonna be serial killers. The boy is a bitch, and the bitch is a bitch, though she might be a mean girl when she finally hits high school.

BigWorm
09-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Was I the only one who wasn't that into the series premiere?

Keller
09-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Was I the only one who wasn't that into the series premiere?

Nope. I thought it was pretty bad.

HouseofElves
09-28-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm probably biased, because I hate Rita. But ^^

NocturnalRob
09-28-2010, 05:00 PM
I thought it was kind of boring. They have to recap and set the scene for this season, I guess.

Keller
09-28-2010, 05:09 PM
It just lacked the "fun" element that other episodes had.

It reminded me of an episode of Six Feet Under. It was so dark and depressing. That is not what Dexter is about. It is about the joy of serial killing.

diethx
09-28-2010, 05:39 PM
I thought it was kind of boring. They have to recap and set the scene for this season, I guess.

This. However, the bathroom murder scene was pretty cool.

BigWorm
09-28-2010, 06:08 PM

Alright, so I'm not the only one. Hopefully they don't jump the shark this season.

Keller
09-28-2010, 06:18 PM
This. However, the bathroom murder scene was pretty cool.

I agree that it was cool. Probably the best scene of the first episode.

But I am afraid that the "humanization" of Dexter will be a theme this season. I don't want him to begin having normal human emotions. I enjoy that he has to "fake" it and is always considering how a normal person would act in his situation.

BigWorm
09-28-2010, 06:32 PM
I agree that it was cool. Probably the best scene of the first episode.

But I am afraid that the "humanization" of Dexter will be a theme this season. I don't want him to begin having normal human emotions. I enjoy that he has to "fake" it and is always considering how a normal person would act in his situation.

I found that 911 call to be pretty hilarious and they didn't "humanize" that at all.

NocturnalRob
09-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Also, I thought it was a poignant and slightly humorous moment when Dexter dropped the "I'm sorry for your loss" line to Aster that he picked up from the funeral director.

Cephalopod
09-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Also, I thought it was a poignant and slightly humorous moment when Dexter dropped the "I'm sorry for your loss" line to Aster that he picked up from the funeral director.

For some reason, in my head I heard "i am truley sorry for your lots (http://www.somethingawful.com/flash/shmorky/babby.swf)".

m444w
09-29-2010, 12:49 AM
for those saying they dont get or, or have to wait to pay for the DVDs you can watch most of these shows on casttv.com for free.

NocturnalRob
10-05-2010, 12:39 AM
Aster is a fucking horrific child actor. And for some reason they decided to give her an absurd number of lines so far this season. Angry Rob is angry.

iJin
10-05-2010, 01:23 AM
This episode was pretty good. Quinn is getting better looking. Dexter is as well. La Guerta is still a bitch.

TheEschaton
10-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Is this animal retrieval guy the new guy for the season, or just a multiple episode thing? He seems gay.

NocturnalRob
11-01-2010, 09:24 PM
I want to axe kick Julia Stiles. She is a big steaming pile of annoying.

diethx
11-01-2010, 11:07 PM
I want to axe kick Julia Stiles. She is a big steaming pile of annoying.

x0239482309482309482034820395820398450213948203948 20394802938402938

iJin
11-02-2010, 12:26 AM
x0239482309482309482034820395820398450213948203948 20394802938402938

X43i534o05i34534r43mf54km gfvtlrr4445151478916181151981381918113138131816189 147311326984

NocturnalRob
11-02-2010, 09:20 AM
My calculator only goes out to 8 numbers :(

AnticorRifling
11-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Buy 2, put them side by side. BOOM 16 digits!

Cephalopod
11-02-2010, 10:38 AM
http://i.imgur.com/PS5oT.gif

NocturnalRob
11-02-2010, 10:45 AM
HAHAHAHA...i laughed so hard when Matsuka did that.

TheEschaton
11-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Masuka is fucking hilarious. If that double murder just goes away that easily, though, I'll be pretty fucking disappointed.

Also, I thought Julia Stiles looked pretty hot as a dark brunette, but yeah, otherwise I agree.

iJin
11-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Haha, fuck yeah. I was laughing so hard on that scene. I loved how Debra and Dex were like, "WTF" with their eyes. Best thing ever.

NocturnalRob
11-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Masuka is fucking hilarious. If that double murder just goes away that easily, though, I'll be pretty fucking disappointed.

I dunno if I'd be disappointed, but I would be slightly confused. I mean...i'm pretty sure you'd be able to tell that a lot of blood had been washed down the drain.

And the guy gets shot (huge pool of blood left), staggers away, and then ends up dying--handcuffed--due to a broken neck (?) next to a naked guy encased in plastic wrap who has somehow been asphyxiated.

I R CONFUSED.

Celephais
11-02-2010, 02:04 PM
The double murder is a bit much to sweep under the rug, but they did the whole you can't hear what Masuka said, he also said don't touch the hose, so it sounds like he acknowledged the blood was washed away, and that the plastic wrapped guy was jacking off to the death of this guy and accidently killed himself. I could see them saying "that's all of that" with it, because they don't actually tell you what Masuka said.

As for Stiles being in the show and annoying ... she's a guest star on Dexter, I'm not too worried, because there's a reasonable chance she ends up meeting a gruesome death. I actually kind of like the way the story is going this season, where he's kind of got a mentor, it's a nice little turn, my best guess is she gets bloodlust and Dexter has to put her down. Hopefully they don't do the "we part ways and she goes off and is Dexter Jr somewhere else in the country".

NocturnalRob
11-02-2010, 02:14 PM
he also said don't touch the hose, so it sounds like he acknowledged the blood was washed away,
Whoooooooosh...

Why don't you rethink why he said not to touch the hose...

Celephais
11-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Whoooooooosh...

Why don't you rethink why he said not to touch the hose...

I know exactly what he was referring to, but he acknowledged that it was used. Not just for an enema, but also the reason for why the blood was washed away.

diethx
11-02-2010, 03:29 PM
HAHAHAHA...i laughed so hard when Matsuka did that.

YEEEESSSEEEE. And I don't care what happens, but I want to see 2 people dead by the end of the season - Lumen (WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF NAME IS LUMEN, SERIOUSLY?! It's like the writers thought hmmm let's pick some weird obscure anatomy word and name someone that this season!!) and Quinn.

TheEschaton
11-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Lumen is Latin for light. I doubt that's a mistake.

diethx
11-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Ah I wasn't aware it had a second meaning. However, I still stand by my statement that Lumen is a fucking stupid name.

iJin
11-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Quinn is pretty fucking hot but Dexter needs to fucking kill him nao.

Cephalopod
11-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Quinn is pretty fucking hot but Dexter needs to fucking kill him nao.

Dexter won't kill Quinn for the same reason he never would have killed Doakes.

TheEschaton
11-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Alright, someone needs to slap Dexter and wake him the fuck up to how bad Julia Stiles is going to be for him, both on a personal, family level, and on a serial killing level.

And that guy surveilling them....shit is gonna go down. My prediction: that Quinn'll find out from him about the killings, but only assume they're the guys in the rape-ring, and, partly to protect Deb cause he loves her, and partly in admiration of Dex, won't say anything....the guy he's paying will have to be taken care of though.

The interesting part is whether Quinn'll put the pieces together about the Bay Harbor Killer storyline a couple years ago (of course, he wasn't in homicide yet, but still), and the bodies in those trash bags, versus the pics he has now of Dex and his garbage bags. At the very least, that old cop doing the dirty work might remember the similarities even though he was in a different department.

Also, Julia Stiles is bad news. I'm fucking pissed at Dexter for falling for her.

Jordan Chase is a badass. He just basically fucked his own guys over.

-TheE-

Lumi
12-03-2010, 07:17 AM
I think this is my favorite season of Dexter since the first. I am loving Johnny Lee Miller as the villainous motivational speaker.

And wonder of wonders, I actually like how they resolved (or at least got a handle on) the Astor situation. This season is a ton of fun.

Two more episodes to kill off Liddy! Creepy fucking old guy O.o

Asha
12-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Just starting S3, spent all day yesterday catching up in bed through a haze of painkillers.
Mmmm wisdom tooth agony goodness.

RSR
12-03-2010, 10:57 AM
I think this is my favorite season of Dexter since the first. I am loving Johnny Lee Miller as the villainous motivational speaker.

And wonder of wonders, I actually like how they resolved (or at least got a handle on) the Astor situation. This season is a ton of fun.

Two more episodes to kill off Liddy! Creepy fucking old guy O.o

Robocop has been awesome this season! Definitely been a great season so far. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

I'm guessing Quinn will find out and be ok with what Dexter does, to some degree.

-Richard.

Lumi
12-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Robocop has been awesome this season! Definitely been a great season so far. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

I'm guessing Quinn will find out and be ok with what Dexter does, to some degree.

-Richard.

Bye bye, Robocop! :D

From the preview of the finale, it looks like Quinn might actually have to lie to cover Dexter's ass. It will be really interesting to see how this unfolds.

iJin
12-07-2010, 02:41 PM
I don't wanna wait a whole other year to see Dexter. :( I'm dreading this Sunday, I can't watch it all and miss Michael C. Hall again!

crb
12-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Robocop's blood is on quinn's boot. That ties him to the scene of the crime.

If he admits he was there he will have to admit to the whole plotting thing.

"Ya we had this arrangement but I called it off, the guy was being an ass."

Phone calls, visits, money transfers etc.

Quinn is going to look good for the murder of robocop. Ton of circumstantial evidence.

Now... Dexter... obviously has hairs all over the back of that van... but if he gets called in on the case like he normally does that would then be able to explain any stray hairs they find. If Quinn comes clean, Dexter might have motive, but if Quinn comes clean, Quinn also has motive, and blood on his boot.

As for someone catching Dexter in the act... that could just be a big tease, it isn't as if they haven't done that to us before. And in anycase I think it'd be Debra, if anyone.

diethx
12-07-2010, 10:07 PM
As for someone catching Dexter in the act... that could just be a big tease, it isn't as if they haven't done that to us before. And in anycase I think it'd be Debra, if anyone.

Yeah, they've teased before. But it really did look like Deb caught him this time. Who knows.

Stanley Burrell
12-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Maybe that chick with almost as small tits as Dexter's RL wife/sister on the show will somehow take all the blame and it'll be cool because it'll be all like, I murdered these killer rapist dudes and then stuff.

diethx
12-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Maybe that chick with almost as small tits as Dexter's RL wife/sister on the show will somehow take all the blame and it'll be cool because it'll be all like, I murdered these killer rapist dudes and then stuff.

Yeah I thought of that, but who would believe a 110 pound chick killed 5 huge guys on her own? I dunno I mean I guess it's possible... slightly, somehow.

Stanley Burrell
12-07-2010, 10:22 PM
They'll probably be stretched out because Dexter and/or Quinn draws the attention of rapist man's guards. It might be simultaneous, or like a road chase, where they aren't near the building.

diethx
12-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Finale so good. I love how they wrapped pretty much everything up, although my heart aches for him. :/

TheEschaton
12-13-2010, 01:54 AM
I liked it too, but a FUCKING SHEET OF PLASTIC?

Deb, I R DISAPPOINT.

Though I suppose the series is over if there is no plastic sheeting there.

Abilene
12-13-2010, 11:38 AM
I felt like several things in the finale were only like that for the sake of the tv show, which I didn't like because it distracts from HOW I FEEL about the people in the show.
For example, there was absolutely no reason for Chase to keep Lumen alive until Dexter got there. I think he would have killed her back at the first house with the other girl had it not been for the sake of the tv show.
Also, I don't think Debra would have let them go without SEEING them. I had a hard time with her letting them go to begin with, that's not her personality, but not to even SEE them? I don't buy that.
But like you said, the show would not have gone on.

I like the finale over all. This season was one of the better ones, IMO.

diethx
12-13-2010, 12:12 PM
I totally buy her not wanting to see them. She felt so bad for #13 and she understood why her spouse/bf/brother/whatever helped her. She felt those guys were scum and deserved to be dead. She was just conflicted because she's a good cop and knows what her job is and that she HAS to do it. I think letting them go will be something for her in the next season, guilty feelings, etc. But what she did totally makes sense to me.

As far as Chase - maybe he had issue with touching Lumen to begin with. He pulled away when that psycho cunt tried to rub on him, and he clearly didn't actually touch any of the barrel girls and just told the other guys what to do. That, combined with the fact that I think his big fat ego wanted to show Dexter how superior he was to him, and his OBVIOUSLY sadistic nature that gets off on torturing people, makes me totally believe what happened. He wanted Dexter to see how smart he was, wanted Dexter to see him torture Lumen. He wanted to torture them both.

iJin
12-13-2010, 01:23 PM
I cry for Dexter. Lumen that stupid abusing and selfish bitch! Leave poor ol' Dex alone.

TheEschaton
12-13-2010, 06:29 PM
I don't get how Lumen is suddenly just "over" her shit. Oh, the last one's dead, I'm fine now, I'm leaving.

That strikes me as kind of ridiculous. Plus, now there's someone in the world who knows Dexter's secret...can he trust her?

Plus, how is this thing with Quinn going to play out? Is he really gonna be kept in line by Dexter's fudging of the blood work to get him off the hook? He's kind of got a much bigger ace in the hole, not to mention his "badness" is really limited to hiring a dirty cop off the books to spy on someone he thought had commited a crime - which he did. The only reason for him to keep quiet is because he loves Debra, but then what happens if that goes into the shitter like every one of Deb's relationships (or Quinn's only relationship seen on camera so far)?

-TheE-

Bobmuhthol
12-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Quinn's only relationship? Are you forgetting one of the more important storylines in season 4?

And Quinn doesn't have any real evidence against Dexter anyway.

TheEschaton
12-13-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm talking about how all ther relationships blew up, including Quinn's only relationship on camera so far, IE Trinity's daughter.

Bobmuhthol
12-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Yes you are. Carry on.

Abilene
12-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Morgan family is cursed.... amiright?

Cephalopod
12-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Plus, how is this thing with Quinn going to play out? Is he really gonna be kept in line by Dexter's fudging of the blood work to get him off the hook? He's kind of got a much bigger ace in the hole, not to mention his "badness" is really limited to hiring a dirty cop off the books to spy on someone he thought had commited a crime - which he did.

You may be forgetting that the reason Quinn was suspicious of Dexter to begin with is because Dexter knows that Quinn was stealing money that should have gone into evidence, and Quinn knows Dexter knows. So his badness isn't JUST limited to hiring a dirty cop.

Abilene
12-13-2010, 10:31 PM
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20449416,00.html
Michael C. Hall & Jennifer Carpenter of Dexter Divorcing
Cursed indeed.

diethx
12-13-2010, 10:47 PM
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20449416,00.html
Michael C. Hall & Jennifer Carpenter of Dexter Divorcing
Cursed indeed.

Certainly sucks for them, but man I hope it doesn't affect the show. :/

Cephalopod
12-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Certainly sucks for them, but man I hope it doesn't affect the show. :/

Article says they've been separated a long time, so I'm guessing they've filmed part of this most recent season while apart... I think they're both professional enough.

I wish this would give a path to killing of Deb, but that won't happen.

TheEschaton
12-14-2010, 12:10 AM
You may be forgetting that the reason Quinn was suspicious of Dexter to begin with is because Dexter knows that Quinn was stealing money that should have gone into evidence, and Quinn knows Dexter knows. So his badness isn't JUST limited to hiring a dirty cop.

I thought he was suspicious of Dexter because he caught Dex tracking the photographer who later ended up on Dex's table, and because Dexter makes no qualms about not liking him.

-TheE-