PDA

View Full Version : Revenge..... 8 months later...

Wezas
03-03-2004, 01:53 PM
minding my own business, reading the boards with GS4 in the background, I flip back to see this. (I catch it af his second cast)

UpsetEmpath just arrived.
>
UpsetEmpath appears to be focusing his thoughts while chanting softly...
>
UpsetEmpath gestures at you.
Your connection to the spirit realm falters!
The white light leaves you.
The very powerful look leaves you.
The opalescent aura fades from around you.
The powerful look leaves you.
The dim aura fades from around you.
>
UpsetEmpath gestures at you.
CS: +266 - TD: +294 + CvA: +12 + d100: +85 - +5 == +64
Warded off!
Nothing happens.
>
UpsetEmpath rubs his chin thoughtfully.
>glance drek
You glance at UpsetEmpath.
>
UpsetEmpath says, "Day of reckoning coming."
>
UpsetEmpath says, "You thieving empath."
>
You feel more refreshed.
>
UpsetEmpath just went south.

So, I'm unable to locate him (hiding or 204'd) so I check my logs. I've autologged everything since last April. I find an entry from mid July 2003 where I stole from him twice, he caught me the second. He calls me a coward because I'm thieving, blah blah blah. Ends up he takes a swing, realizes he can't hit me, and then says...

UpsetEmpath says, "there will be a reckoning"
>UpsetEmpath says, "that is a promise"
>UpsetEmpath wandered down the merchant road.

Not that I'm scared he'll ever hit me, but does this give me the right to kill him? Looking for both opinion and law.

Latrinsorm
03-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Yes, yes. You initiated conflict, he continued it. Also he has a really dumb name (THAT'S HIS REAL NAME RIGHT LOL?!?)

Skirmisher
03-03-2004, 01:59 PM
The law....is on your side if its from that long ago.

My opinion on the other hand differs. You chose the time the first incident, they chose the second time is all.:smilegrin:

Again, the rules simu uses do back you up though as far as I know.

Wezas
03-03-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Yes, yes. You initiated conflict, he continued it. Also he has a really dumb name (THAT'S HIS REAL NAME RIGHT LOL?!?)

LOL, no, not his real name. If it were his real name I would have killed him instead of stealing from him.

Hasina
03-03-2004, 02:01 PM
Looks like his day of reckoning is still a few years away. I'd say knock him around a bit but do not kill him.

Hasina
03-03-2004, 02:05 PM
He kinda sounds like a hick, "Day of reckoning comin' ma'am."

Should he has said "THE day of reckoning IS coming"

I hate these wannabe sophiscated role-players who just don't make the cut.

Wezas
03-03-2004, 02:09 PM
* UpsetEmpath returns home from a hard day of adventuring.

Guess I'll make my decision the next time I see him online. Damn Unpresence

Parkbandit
03-03-2004, 02:27 PM
8 months is a tad bit long to hold a grudge in my opinion. Here's what I would do:

Immobilize him and force him to beg for forgiveness. If he refuses, dispell his spirit spells and use sorcerer wands (Busta Limb being my favorite) and take off all of his limbs. Ask him again if he would like to beg for forgiveness.

03-03-2004, 02:38 PM
hes free for you to kill, he already attempted and used an attack spell against you, have a field day.

Galleazzo
03-03-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
8 months is a tad bit long to hold a grudge in my opinion.
I got grudges going back years. I know anyone stole from me, ever, there'll be comeback. Anyone not wanting comeback ought not steal.

J-Tech
03-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Kill him.

Then laugh.

Then kill him again.

J.T.

Jolena
03-03-2004, 03:14 PM
I would say by TOS it's probably not right for him to seek revenge from you stealing from him this long ago.. however from a RP standpoint, it's perfectly acceptable if his character is RP'd to carry grudges. maybe his character has been working hard for 8 months to be able to defend himself.. not just against you but against those that have done wrong to him when he couldn't do anything..so he gets old enough he 'thinks' and comes back.

*shrugs* it's all a matter of perspective.

DeV
03-03-2004, 03:37 PM
See if you can get a good roleplaying opportunity out of it.. if not kill him. multiple times. just for our veiwing pleasure then post the log. :yes:

Solkern
03-03-2004, 04:06 PM
8 months? Can we say.....no life and a little to addicted to gemstone? well wouldn't say a little, I see Gemstone makes his world go round.

Snapp
03-03-2004, 10:18 PM
I think it's acceptable for him to come after you, but like stated, Simu probably disagrees. Now that he has tried to attack you, you can definitely retaliate.

longshot
03-04-2004, 11:03 AM
I think this poses an interesting question...

At what point does a grudge expire?

I know I've had people on my "kill on sight" list. If I see that color come up, I'm swinging. 8 days or 8 months, it's on like Donkey Kong!

I think you should just taunt him for failing after eight months.

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by longshot]

Fallen
03-04-2004, 01:14 PM
I say good for him for keeping a thief on his toes. You never know how someone will react when you steal from them. They may seek your life for the rest of the time you both play the game.

You are of course allowed to defend himself, and from the look of your unspelled TD I doubt that will be a problem.

Wezas
03-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Fallen
You are of course allowed to defend himself, and from the look of your unspelled TD I doubt that will be a problem.

Not totally unspelled, but he did take a good chunk of them off.