PDA

View Full Version : Lore Training

Lumi
08-05-2009, 01:59 AM
Looking for some advice on lore training. Pure (magical) hunter, secondary concern is healing. Current training:

(at level 26), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 15 3
Physical Fitness...................| 184 84
Arcane Symbols.....................| 114 28
Magic Item Use.....................| 114 28
Spell Aiming.......................| 156 56
Harness Power......................| 108 26
Mental Mana Control................| 114 28
Spirit Mana Control................| 114 28
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 114 28
Mental Lore - Telepathy............| 114 28
Survival...........................| 20 4
Perception.........................| 114 28
Climbing...........................| 25 5
First Aid..........................| 156 56

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 25

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 5

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 27

I like 1110, but I find it's not as efficient as 1106 (when I can use that). Thoughts about lore cutoffs I should be aiming for?

B2
08-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Why are you tripling in physical fitness?

I feel that Blessings lore is more of a benefit to a healer or a swinger. I would drop all of it.

I would stop the Telepathy at 20 for now. That will give you 2 extra cycles for your 1110. The next cycle is granted at 40; I would fixskill into that later. 20 ranks is a lot of dead ranks to build up. I kind of feel that way about your armor, too, seeing it sit there at...3. I currently have 40 and I love hunting with Empathic Assault. Some empaths find it slow, but it's a great crowd hunting spell. 30 ranks also gives you the ability to speak to the people you Cry for Help to, and I find that fun. Telepathy lore also makes your 1108 stronger. I instakill a LOT with 1108; it's an under appreciated spell, possibly because not many empaths go the Telepathy route.

I like Summoning for what it does for 111, 116, 118, 1115, 1118, 218, and 240. I 1x in it, but you could look at Carabele's lore list and see where you feel comfortable stopping.

Manipulation will power your 1101, 1106, and 1115. Put any other points you can into it. There really aren't thresholds for this one.

But really, there isn't a wrong choice in lores. You want to heal faster? That's your choice, you have transformation lore. You like the idea of scars healing along with wounds? Ok, keep your Blessing lore. Do I sometimes eye empaths with other lores jealously? Yes, but overall I like the above mix of Telepathy, Summoning, and Manipulation.

deadly
08-05-2009, 09:24 AM
at level 91), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Physical Fitness...................| 192 92
Dodging............................| 1 0
Arcane Symbols.....................| 120 30
Magic Item Use.....................| 120 30
Spell Aiming.......................| 286 186
Harness Power......................| 193 93
Elemental Mana Control.............| 66 14
Mental Mana Control................| 160 60
Spirit Mana Control................| 90 20
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 160 60
Mental Lore - Manipulation.........| 40 8
Mental Lore - Telepathy............| 90 20
Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 160 60
Perception.........................| 102 24
Climbing...........................| 70 15
Swimming...........................| 150 50
First Aid..........................| 192 92

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 97

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 40

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 111

deadly
08-05-2009, 09:25 AM
there is a list of my lores for my empath who hunts quite often but can sit and heal with only soft RT which is nice when your hunting as well and hunting with others you can grab their wounds and heal down super fast.

Athgo
08-05-2009, 02:49 PM
I think you are in GoS, so I tried to hit 65 blessings ranks as soon as possible for the full stamina return. 35 ranks will let you return 50 stamina which is nice because that is another sigil of power. I'd go over 1x to get to 35 ranks because it really does make a difference. Blessings was the only lore I am trained in and I hunt well with 1106 and 1115.

Nilandia
08-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Blessings lore is nice if you're in Sunfist, though at level 76 and doubled in harness power, I really don't run into mana issues that often. I think I've pulled out a wand only once or twice when we needed just a couple more kills to finish a bounty. Since you're in your 20's, your needs will be different.

I'm thoroughly addicted to singling summoning lore, though. Cross-realm locates, choosing herbs, boosted fire spirit, web and spirit servant -- all too tasty to give up.

Mental lores I'm split on. I took the 20 ranks of telepathy for 2 CS cycles of empathic assault and 40 ranks of manipulation for bone shatter and wither. I'm now working on boosting my transformation lore to help with healing RTs. Being able to heal wounds with no hard RT is very nice when you're in a group so you don't have to hold things up.

Gretchen

Danical
08-05-2009, 03:50 PM
I instakill a LOT with 1108

The way the spell reads, it's a CS threshold you have to reach to get the different types of effects and ML:T brings that threshold down.

Is this about right?

So, a 2x ML:T caster could possibly insta-kill on a 110 roll or something?

Lumi
08-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Why are you tripling in physical fitness?

Because...

I think you are in GoS,

so I tried to hit 65 blessings ranks as soon as possible for the full stamina return. 35 ranks will let you return 50 stamina which is nice because that is another sigil of power. I'd go over 1x to get to 35 ranks because it really does make a difference. Blessings was the only lore I am trained in and I hunt well with 1106 and 1115.

Precisely, I'm aiming for the full stamina return ASAP.

I really feel like I'm missing out on something by not getting Summoning lore, but I LOVE me some bonus stamina.

My biggest concern was the mental lores, really. It seems like the popular course of action is to stop Telepathy at 20 ranks. I don't think I've EVER cast 1108; maybe I'll have to look into that.

deadly
08-05-2009, 07:10 PM
ya i just switched to GOS so i need to fixskill into more blessing for the mana return.

but i might just up my blessing lore from level 91 to 100 and see how well that works.

pabstblueribbon
08-05-2009, 07:12 PM
No.

Athgo
08-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Precisely, I'm aiming for the full stamina return ASAP.

I really feel like I'm missing out on something by not getting Summoning lore, but I LOVE me some bonus stamina.

My biggest concern was the mental lores, really. It seems like the popular course of action is to stop Telepathy at 20 ranks. I don't think I've EVER cast 1108; maybe I'll have to look into that.

I found that while I was levelling up I would usually only hunt things that I could boneshatter because 1110 and 111 don't seem to be as mana efficient and take longer to kill things. So I just dropped the spell aiming and summoning lore and went for the blessings lore and never looked back. The only thing I miss occasionally is the cross realms locate but its really not that big of a deal. I also have no mental lores because I would rather train more spells for more CS and be able to hit things reliably. Its just whatever you prefer really.

Lumi
08-05-2009, 09:58 PM
I found that while I was levelling up I would usually only hunt things that I could boneshatter because 1110 and 111 don't seem to be as mana efficient and take longer to kill things. So I just dropped the spell aiming and summoning lore and went for the blessings lore and never looked back. The only thing I miss occasionally is the cross realms locate but its really not that big of a deal. I also have no mental lores because I would rather train more spells for more CS and be able to hit things reliably. Its just whatever you prefer really.

That...is a really interesting idea. I should see what I can manage by shuffling my available points into spells.

Athgo
08-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Just for reference here is what my training looks like:
J>skill
Athgo (at level 82), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Shield Use.........................| 184 84
Brawling...........................| 184 84
Physical Fitness...................| 268 168
Arcane Symbols.....................| 120 30
Magic Item Use.....................| 120 30
Harness Power......................| 192 92
Elemental Mana Control.............| 102 24
Mental Mana Control................| 184 84
Spirit Mana Control................| 102 24