PDA

View Full Version : Mentalist Circle

zhelas
08-03-2009, 05:28 PM
From the officials:

Considering the fact that we won't be granting access to the circle to Empaths, a profession originally slated for it, it's doubtful we would grant another profession access with no basis other than listing a few pitfalls of said profession (as if other professions do not have their own list).

GameMaster Estild
Cleric/Empath Team

This pretty much hammers down what what we have said all along. Empaths are spiritualist. Not the Hybrid.

Nilandia
08-04-2009, 03:13 AM
Actually, empaths are hybrids, but the mentalism appears in the profession circle. It's most easily seen in the mental lores and mana controls that impact the various spells.

Gretchen

Danical
08-04-2009, 03:45 AM
Actually, empaths are hybrids, but the mentalism appears in the profession circle. It's most easily seen in the mental lores and mana controls that impact the various spells.

Gretchen

I think Zhelas is alluding to the notion that Sorcs are "hybrids" in the fact that they suffer a "hybrid" CS penalty to their professional circle that no other profession has to deal with.

or something.

Balancing MnM for empaths would be a real bitch too as well as the fact that they'd bitch for losing 40 AS to their bolting.

However, with that being said, they do have more of a mental presence in their professional circle than spiritual.

Nilandia
08-04-2009, 03:55 AM
Hm. Good point. If that is the case, then I can agree. To be honest, I was looking forward to getting the minor mental circle, but it does seem like they would need to balance it between too many classes to make it feasible.

Gretchen

Fallen
08-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Empaths are hybrids in name only. Having a few lore tie-ins is just a cop-out. Hell, Strathspey came out and said it. The other GMs came to the rescue and shouted him down, but whatever.

zhelas
08-04-2009, 10:50 AM
I think Zhelas is alluding to the notion that Sorcs are "hybrids" in the fact that they suffer a "hybrid" CS penalty to their professional circle that no other profession has to deal with.

or something.

Balancing MnM for empaths would be a real bitch too as well as the fact that they'd bitch for losing 40 AS to their bolting.

However, with that being said, they do have more of a mental presence in their professional circle than spiritual.

Yep

Donquix
08-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Which was a dumb, lazy cop out, and screws up the logical layout of the pure/semi professions. (1 for pure for each sphere, 1 semi from each sphere, 1 hybrid with every combination of 2 spheres)

Of course they screwed it up further by making monks "squares" as well.

zhelas
08-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Of course they screwed it up further by making monks "squares" as well.

but but but.....

Monks are more magical squares...which are what.... semis

/sarcasm

There is no clear plan on the professions.

Danical
08-04-2009, 12:45 PM
I would rather have monks be squares; we don't need another semi and we only have 2 squares.

Latrinsorm
08-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Plus it would give certain rogue players more to bitch about. "We're squares too, why can't we [catch arrows]/[3x PF]/[do a shoryuken]????"

Donquix
08-04-2009, 06:02 PM
I would rather have monks be squares; we don't need another semi and we only have 2 squares.

But there's only so much you can do while remaining "square" like. You got your sneaky/fast type and your brute force/powerful type, and you can can blur those lines and fine tune through your training plan and CML options.

I think of "square" the same way i think of spell circles, it's just an influence of power. Elemental, spirtual, mental, physical...in that regard, "square" has the most options of anything because of semis.

ahhh well

Bhuryn
08-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Plus it would give certain rogue players more to bitch about. "We're squares too, why can't we [catch arrows]/[3x PF]/[do a shoryuken]????"

Are you trying to make Gren's head explode?