PDA

View Full Version : GM Stealth appreciation post

SpunGirl
03-03-2004, 07:37 AM
Stealth pwns. Special thanks to Big D for making this log available.

>
Klaive just appeared.
You feel yourself being pulled away...
[Consultation Lounge]
The cozy surroundings of this simple conference room provide a much-welcomed respite from the chaos just outside its walls. You notice several plush chairs arranged casually around the room in a comfortable grouping.
Obvious exits: none
>
A shaft of scintillating light suddenly pierces the ceiling and strikes the ground next to you. The beam of light then explodes in a shower of sparks and Stealth is standing in its place.
>
Stealth asks, "Mind explaining that?"
>"It's role-play, dude.
You say, "It's role-play, dude."
>
Stealth says, "Explain a bit more."
>nod
You nod.
>
Stealth smiles patiently.
>"Rarr decided to openly challenge and threaten Klaive and Kurapira on the thought net a few nights back. Kurapira is being RPed as pregnant right now and while Klaive was gone, Rarr decided to antagonize and kill her.
You say, "Rarr decided to openly challenge and threaten Klaive and Kurapira on the thought net a few nights back. Kurapira is being RPed as pregnant right now and while Klaive was gone, Rarr decided to antagonize and kill her."
>
Your black lizard suddenly begins whining and hissing. You feel it erupt into a flurry of movement on your shoulder! Its tail smacks you several times on the side of your head. Wincing at the blows, you try to quiet the lizard by patting it reassuringly. Then you notice what caused the creature's agitation. A small black fly is winging away into the distance. The lizard follows the insect's progress, a wistful expression in its eyes.

>"She made a comment that she invited Klaive to try and take revenge for such a thing. I have followed her for a while, and there has been every indication that conflict was consentual.
You say, "She made a comment that she invited Klaive to try and take revenge for such a thing. I have followed her for a while, and there has been every indication that conflict was consentual."
>"So, I acted in a manner consistant with my character.
You say, "So, I acted in a manner consistant with my character."
>"As far as I am concerned, for now, the situation is at an end.
You say, "As far as I am concerned, for now, the situation is at an end."
>
Stealth says, "Ok I will be right back to you."
>nod
You feel at full magical power again.
>
You nod.
>
Stealth gestures and a shaft of scintillating light from somewhere above pierces the ceiling and engulfs him. When the light recedes Stealth is no longer there.
>
A low chirping sound comes from within a lacquered grey cricket box.
>
A shaft of scintillating light suddenly pierces the ceiling and strikes the ground next to you. The beam of light then explodes in a shower of sparks and Stealth is standing in its place.
>smile
You smile.
>
>look stealth
You see GameMaster Stealth Moonhunter.
He appears to be a Giant.
He appears to be wizened with age. He has piercing blue eyes and tanned skin. He has long, dark auburn hair with grey at the temples. He has broad shoulders.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a crude lockpick in his right hand.
He is wearing an imbeddable amulet, a vultite shield, some dark clothing, a weathered old tome, a severed elf head, a shadowy spidersilk rucksack, a troll heart necklace, some boots, a small black leather eyepatch, a crystal amulet, a Warrior Guild Master pin, and a large sack.
>
Your black lizard fidgets, bobbing from side to side and clicking its jaws.

>
Stealth says, "Ok I am going to issue a warning to you for unconsentual PvP at this time. Keep in mind that conflicts need to be between you and the other person, not between another person and a third and then you involving yourself."
>blink
You blink.
>
Stealth says, "You also need to deal with them in a timely manner."
>

Klaive, this is an official warning, that engaging in unwanted Player vs Player conflict is against GemStone IV policy. If you persist in ignoring these warnings, you risk losing permanent access to GemStone IV on all of your accounts.

If you feel this warning was received in error, please speak to a GameHost by typing ASSIST REQUEST.

You can also learn more about GemStone IV policies online, by typing POLICY while in the game or by visiting http://www.play.net/gs4/gamepolicy.asp.

>"Well, okay. Just let it be known that I very much disagree with this ruling, but will accept it as I have no power to do otherwise.
You say, "Well, okay. Just let it be known that I very much disagree with this ruling, but will accept it as I have no power to do otherwise."
>shrug
You shrug.
>"Thanks for your time.
>
You say, "Thanks for your time."
>
Stealth says, "You need to do alot more RPing in the future rather than just walk in and start casting at people."
>"Sorry, I was just under the impression that game mechanics could be a part of role-play. Klaive is a man of few words and has very little problem killing those who cross them. But I'll be sure to use your wonderful WARN INTERACT verb on Rarr when I return.
You say, "Sorry, I was just under the impression that game mechanics could be a part of role-play. Klaive is a man of few words and has very little problem killing those who cross them. But I'll be sure to use your wonderful WARN INTERACT verb on Rarr when I return."
>smile
You smile.
>
Stealth says, "Well what you need to keep in mind is that your conflicts are yours."
>
Stealth says, "Not Kurapira's or whoever elses."
>
Stealth asks, "Is that perfectly clear to you?"
>
>"Hmmm, so the policy regarding couples defending one another IS limited to DragonRealms, yes?
>
You ask, "Hmmm, so the policy regarding couples defending one another IS limited to DragonRealms, yes?"
>
Stealth says, "I don't know anything about DR policy."
>"Gotcha.
>
You say, "Gotcha."
>
Stealth says, "Gemstone policy is that you have your own conflicts."
>"Perfectly clear I suppose.
You say, "Perfectly clear I suppose."
>nod
You nod.
>
Stealth says, "Defending someone is one thing...such as stunning an attacker to prevent harm to them."
>
Stealth says, "Going out several days later to avenge an insult is not."
>"A murder of a pregnant fiancee is a bit more than an insult.
You say, "A murder of a pregnant fiancee is a bit more than an insult."
>"But alright.
You say, "But alright."
>nod
You nod.
>"I'm quite clear on the situation and how I am expected to behave in the future. I disagree with it wholeheartedly, but I will abide by it.
You say, "I'm quite clear on the situation and how I am expected to behave in the future. I disagree with it wholeheartedly, but I will abide by it."
>"It's your game, I'm just a player.
You say, "It's your game, I'm just a player."
>shrug
You shrug.
>
Stealth asks, "When did this happen?"
>
Stealth peers quizzically at you.
>
You can feel the black lizard sitting on your shoulder begin to get restless. It shifts its weight from side and side, and lashes its long tail. Soon, the lizard begins clicking its jaws open and closed. Not in the mood for any of the creature's shenanigans, you turn your head and stare at it with eyes narrowed. Alerted by the motion of your head, the lizard stops fidgeting and gazes languidly up at you with wide-eyed innocence. Then, it leans into your neck and gives you an affectionate snuggle.

>"The murder?
You ask, "The murder?"
>
Stealth says, "Yes."
>"I think it was two days ago, I'm asking.
You say, "I think it was two days ago, I'm asking."
>nod
You nod.
>
Stealth asks, "You think?"
>"Two days ago.
You say, "Two days ago."
>
Stealth asks, "You weren't even there?"
>"As I said, I wasn't present.
You say, "As I said, I wasn't present."
>
Stealth chuckles.
>"Had I been there, it wouldn't have happened.
You say, "Had I been there, it wouldn't have happened."
>
Stealth says, "I am showing no murders on Kurapira by Rarr."
>
Stealth says, "In the last 30 days."
>"She hasn't reported, if that's what you mean.
You say, "She hasn't reported, if that's what you mean."
>"We were under the impression that this was role-play.
You say, "We were under the impression that this was role-play."
>
>
Stealth says, "No that isn't what I mean."
>
Stealth says, "I mean EVER."
>

>Stealth says, "Rarr has never killed Kurapira."
>
Stealth says, "Our system logs each time a player kills another."
>
Stealth says, "Rarr has never killed her."
>
Stealth says, "I think you weren't under an impression at all."
>"Larailia and Alfue were there she says.
You say, "Larailia and Alfue were there she says."
>
Stealth asks, "What does that have to do with it?"
>
Your red velvet swordtail gently bites off a piece of errant seaweed within its rainbow glaes fishbowl.
>"They should be able to vouch for the fact that Rarr killed her.
You say, "They should be able to vouch for the fact that Rarr killed her."
>
Stealth asks, "How did Rarr supposedly kill her?"
>"Casting.
You say, "Casting."
>
Stealth says, "Really."
>
Stealth asks, "Casting what?"
>
Stealth asks, "And where?"
>"Merchant trail outside the gates she says.
You say, "Merchant trail outside the gates she says."
>
Stealth asks, "What spell?"
>"She doesn't know what spell it was.
You say, "She doesn't know what spell it was."
>"she bound and silenced first though.
You say, "She bound and silenced first though."
>"if that helps.
You say, "If that helps."
>
Your black lizard scampers across your shoulders, obviously deciding the view is better from your other side.

>
Stealth asks, "What do her witnesses say she cast?"
>"I wouldn't know, I don't talk to them.
You say, "I wouldn't know, I don't talk to them."
>
Stealth says, "It's a moot point, I don't show a murder in our logs."
>
>"You've already warned me for unconsentual PVP, Stealth. That's over and done with. I disagree with the situation, but my policy violating days are over. From now on, I'll do my role-playing in D&D and my power hunting in GS and that'll be that.
You say, "You've already warned me for unconsentual PVP, Stealth. That's over and done with. I disagree with the situation, but my policy violating days are over. From now on, I'll do my role-playing in D&D and my power hunting in GS and that'll be that."
>
Stealth asks, "This being your fourth warning, you are getting pretty close to the line. Further trouble could result in your ability to play being temporarily removed. You need to be absolutely sure you have RPed a conflict and have consent on all sides. Do you understand that?"
>"There will be no more conflicts.
You say, "There will be no more conflicts."
>"I'm done role-playing things out here.
Stealth says, "Very well."
>
You say, "I'm done role-playing things out here."
>"I find the policies prohibit my style of play.
>
You say, "I find the policies prohibit my style of play."
>
Stealth says, "Well I certainly didn't see any RPing tonight."
>"So I will enjoy the systems.
Stealth asks, "So I doubt that will change alot eh?"
>
You say, "So I will enjoy the systems."
>
Stealth says, "You walked in and started casting."
>"You're entitled to your opinions.
You say, "You're entitled to your opinions."
>smile
You smile.
>
Stealth shrugs.
>
Stealth says, "If that is your idea of Rp..."
>
Stealth says, "I think you are missing something in that definition."
>
Stealth asks, "Ready to head back?"
>"You'd have to know the character. But yes, such a thing is very much in character for Klaive.
You say, "You'd have to know the character. But yes, such a thing is very much in character for Klaive."
>nod
You nod.
>"Sure am.
You say, "Sure am."
>"Have a nice night.
You say, "Have a nice night."
>
Stealth says, "You as well."
>
The world grows blurry and indistinct. After a moment everything becomes clear again. Looking about, you see...

Xcalibur
03-03-2004, 07:43 AM
Who to believe, Klaive or Stealth?

If Klaive's """"gf"""" (virtual one, of course) was lying just to "pwn" rarr by klaive later, then...

HAHAHA SUX TO BE YOU

Caiylania
03-03-2004, 08:06 AM
Damn. Go Stealth! :thumbsup:

longshot
03-03-2004, 08:16 AM
That's awesome.

"My policy violating days are over"

Yeah, Klaive only violates himself and couch cushions now...

LordSagan
03-03-2004, 08:57 AM
Stealth is right. Anytime a player is killed by another player, it is logged. The only way it would be possible to kill another player and not have it logged would be to have the killing blow done by an NPC or by "bleed" damage. This is why you can hit someone with multiple casts of 701 in town and have them bleed to death, and not be charged with murder (at least under the old system, not tested under the new one...and only if not witnessed by a GM).

Makkah
03-03-2004, 08:58 AM
Yes Klaive is a grade-A bitch. He tried to knuck up on my character after he got in an argument with Kurapira. I shoulda killed them both, but it wasn't worth the time.

rht

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-03-2004, 09:28 AM
http://www.davidsuk.com/images/owned.jpg

Soulpieced
03-03-2004, 09:47 AM
Yes, Stealth rules. Great to see him back.

Fallen
03-03-2004, 09:56 AM
I never had dealt with him, but he was certainly in fine form in that consultation.

Also, got to give him kudos on the added TRIP verb to rune/quarterstaves.

DeV
03-03-2004, 11:02 AM
Yes, the new trip verb is a welcome addition for the staves.

Anebriated
03-03-2004, 11:13 AM
This is why you can hit someone with multiple casts of 701 in town and have them bleed to death, and not be charged with murder (at least under the old system, not tested under the new one...and only if not witnessed by a GM).

I guarentee from personal experience that this has not been true for a long time. I blood bursted someone out of town, they ran in town and bled to death and i was later arrested for it. Same thing goes for cursing items outside of town and the victim dieing inside of town... Now if you use a bloodwood wand it is true, you can wave it at someone and kill them without being arrested in town.

Chadj
03-03-2004, 12:29 PM
I hate that casters can trip now.. That takes away half of my advantage over that certain profession that hits me hard with CS..

Parkbandit
03-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Elrodin

This is why you can hit someone with multiple casts of 701 in town and have them bleed to death, and not be charged with murder (at least under the old system, not tested under the new one...and only if not witnessed by a GM).

I guarentee from personal experience that this has not been true for a long time. I blood bursted someone out of town, they ran in town and bled to death and i was later arrested for it. Same thing goes for cursing items outside of town and the victim dieing inside of town... Now if you use a bloodwood wand it is true, you can wave it at someone and kill them without being arrested in town.

I can't vouch for bloodburst.. but I can tell you that Falgrin has given bleeding wounds to a couple of people who thought they would get him in trouble with the law if they just bled themselves out in town.

Either Falgrin is above the law or the myth was dispelled as fiction. Falgrin never went to jail for a murder charge due to that.

Of course, it's still fun to watch folks claim that from time to time :)

Edaarin
03-03-2004, 12:48 PM
Go Stealth.

Klaive's ability to roleplay: Uhh, I don't have the thread anymore but it's somewhere in Character Complaints, around November. Suppa Hobbit Mage created it, it's a log of him getting killed by Tayvin, running off to wipe his pussy, getting paralyzed by Edaarin, then slamming to avoid being killed.

EDIT: Found it.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=2517

You spring from hiding and deliver a blow to Klaive's head!
MS: +326 - MD: +206 + MAvA: -8 + d100: +57 == +169
Success!
Klaive is paralyzed!

Roundtime: 5 sec.
...wait 4 seconds.
>l
[Hearthstone, Courtyard]
Before you stands a grand old manor, framed by huge willows to the east and west. The elegant trees sway gently in the moonlight, dappling the cobblestone courtyard with ever-shifting patterns of light and dark. Snippets of conversation drift away from the long porch stretching along the full width of the great old house, as several guests enjoy the hospitality and ambience of this fine hideaway. You also see a trollfear mushroom, a white panther (sleeping), a hollow tree stump and the porch steps.
Also here: a stunned Great Lord Klaive, Murp, Jariel, Jydae
Obvious paths: south
>
Klaive just left.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Edaarin]

LordSagan
03-03-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm a rogue and a cleric....so my only experience with it is from wands ;) I should have clarified that.

If it doesn't work with casting, I stand corrected. It worked with wands just fine when I was killing Candor with my Cleric, though.

Wezas
03-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Chadj
I hate that casters can trip now.. That takes away half of my advantage over that certain profession that hits me hard with CS..

Is trip success based just on polearm skill, even with runestaves?

Meos
03-03-2004, 01:39 PM
It uses two-handed weapons skill, but it works pretty good without it, I can trip rouges and rangers 10 levels below me with no problem.

Quiet Lurker Robot
03-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Why do people post things about him here? There's already a forum for that.

Next Topic, please.

SpunGirl
03-03-2004, 04:39 PM
I don't recall seeing a forum dedicated to posting things about Stealth.

Next poster, please.

-K

Caramia
03-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Sagan's right, and Klaive's pretty much a liar.

Klaive also says that Feedback turned around and removed the warning within hours. Nice, since they only work during the daytime (if you check the timing of his post of the log on SR, you'll see it's in the early AM, hours before Simu even opens). He thinks he's fooling everyone, but he's only fooling himself.

As for bloodbursting, disease, and other things in town, I have no doubt that those who abuse them find themselves tossed in jail or in a Consultation Lounge.

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by Caramia]

StrayRogue
03-03-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Wezas

Originally posted by Chadj

Is trip success based just on polearm skill, even with runestaves?

No, you fucking idiot. God, how hard is it to read something in the Announcement's section?

StrayRogue
03-03-2004, 06:23 PM
Oh yeah, go Stealth! And Teeoncy, I hope your abusive father is doing good too.

Miss X
03-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Oy.... lets not let the skanky little ho invade every thread!

Xcalibur
03-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Gotcha

He's going to quit anyway.

crazymage
03-04-2004, 07:16 PM
i'm still shocked kurapira got involved with klaive..wait no im not

Edited to say stealth does rock.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by crazymage]

Betheny
03-05-2004, 09:01 AM
Oh my god, Stealth is the GM that all other GMs need to aspire to be.