PDA

View Full Version : Half-Krolvin

Sweets
03-02-2004, 05:35 PM
I have yet to see another half-krolvin played in the game other than myself. Is there anyone out there playing one? How do you handle it?

Xcalibur
03-02-2004, 05:57 PM
-10 logic blows, terribly...

What's their max hp? encomberance?

TheEschaton
03-02-2004, 06:00 PM
I just point at them and laugh, and make some comment about stupid monkeys.

I mean, does anyone see the blatant irony of having different skin colored people who look like monkeys? If that's not inviting OOG racism to become IG racism, I dunno what is.

I can just see it now: "You frickin' mulatto, get the fuck outta here! You're not welcome!"

-TheE-

Bobmuhthol
03-02-2004, 06:04 PM
I don't think a blue, cold-resistant ape would be a mulatto....

Kitsun
03-02-2004, 06:07 PM
I saw a number of them hanging around Lowai during the Spitfire. I think there's been some attempt at forming a PRO that was on the Calendar once or twice.

Sorry for the vague kind of aid but its a place to start if your looking for others to RP with.

Zeyrin
03-02-2004, 06:19 PM
We're being invaded by bugs and apes. Who'd thunk it? hehehe

Sorry, had to throw that jab. I've pondered about making a half krolvin character but alas, I'm too lazy. I would like to see more half-Krolvins running around.

Racism is an issue no matter where you go. People don't like dwarfs here and elves there. I RP Zeyrin as not to like the "bug people" but I don't let my comments get too far out of hand.

Latrinsorm
03-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Funny thing is, mechanically speaking all the new races kick ass with stat bonuses and stuff, while Half-Krol have the worst in the game out of all races, old and new. Simu's a racist too, I guess. :D

Sweets
03-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Thanks Kitsun for the heads up.

Yeah the half-krolvin have bad stats but it kind of fun being a very rarely played breed.....I was never a great number cruncher anyway. Mechanics always take a back seat to my characters ( not saying it doesn't factor, just not as much as fun ).

Fallen
03-02-2004, 08:48 PM
If I were not such a Dhe'nari zealot (despite my past.), I would love to role one up.

All that hatred makes for one great interaction after another. Almost every person you meet will engage you in active IC roleplay, even if it is utter disgust and hatred.

A few have been rolled up in RR. That is the height of hardcore rascism.

Galleazzo
03-03-2004, 09:12 AM
Besides which we got all the boring staples, elves, dwarves, hobbits, yawn. All Giantmen started out being was dunedain, go figure. Bring on MORE weird races!

Betheny
03-03-2004, 11:09 AM
People only like to play pretty frilly characters. I'd play a half-krolvin, but I don't have much patience with squares, and that's the only way I could realistically see playing one.

Stunseed
03-03-2004, 04:51 PM
I play a Half-Krolvin Bard in IceMule. I do okay, and for his youth he has been known to shut up a person or two. For a while Krinchat < sp > was there as well and it made for some good times.

peam
03-03-2004, 05:03 PM
I'm scripting up a krolvin wizard right now.

Of course, I'll probably reroll him in a few days.

TheEschaton
03-03-2004, 05:07 PM
I think a half-krolvin cleric could have some interesting RP possibilities. But I see everything thru a cleric's eyes.

-TheE-

StrayRogue
03-03-2004, 06:24 PM
I have a Kimari-esque one in Icemule. Don't play him much however.