PDA

View Full Version : Psinet core update

Sylvan Dreams
07-22-2009, 02:14 PM
I keep getting this box telling me there's a Psinet core update, but when I try to get the thing to make the damned box go away, the update attempt fails. It says "Update failed. Click Update to try again." The update fails repeatedly.

I tried turning off my firewall, same problem.

Anyone know how to fix it? Or if it's possible to disable just the Atlas portion of Psinet?

Drunken Durfin
07-23-2009, 09:02 PM
this is getting more than a little annoying...anyone have a fix yet?

Swami71
07-23-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm having the same problem. :help:

Drunken Durfin
07-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Make

It

Stop.

Widgets
07-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Make

It

Stop.

Mine stopped a few days ago, dunno why but it did.

Aethor
07-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Uninstall Psinet, Install LICH

Swami71
07-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Started working for me yesterday.

Drunken Durfin
07-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Uninstall Psinet, Install LICH

Have lich...only thing I am still using Psinet for is OOC chat.

Swami71
07-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Why I use psinet....

Spellup
Banks
Container organizer
goto (go2 isn't reliable for all sunfist outposts yet)
Chat (good for people to find me if they need to)

EDIT: I FAIL at go2 is all i guess. ;go2 sunfist works if you have Tillmen's lich.

Anferis
08-06-2009, 09:50 AM
My atlas core files keep corrupting somehow, so could someone upload the files in their Psinet Sage/Atlas folder? Can't update myself because of problem above.

Thanks

SpiffyJr
08-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Why I use psinet....

Spellup
Banks
Container organizer
goto (go2 isn't reliable for all sunfist outposts yet)
Chat (good for people to find me if they need to)

EDIT: I FAIL at go2 is all i guess. ;go2 sunfist works if you have Tillmen's lich.

spellup = ;ultrawaggle, ;waggle, ;spellup, etc.
banks = ;banks
organizer = ;peeky, ;sorter, etc...
goto = to each his own, but ;go2 is faster and reaches more places
chat = ;chat, but with less users

Widgets
08-06-2009, 05:09 PM
spellup = ;ultrawaggle, ;waggle, ;spellup, etc.
banks = ;banks
organizer = ;peeky, ;sorter, etc...
goto = to each his own, but ;go2 is faster and reaches more places
chat = ;chat, but with less users

The reason why I don't use Lich, is because nothing sets it apart. It's basically still a carbon copy of Psinet almost, but with a ; instead....Until something makes me go WOW about Lich, which so far has not, I'll stay Psinet since Lich does, what Psinet already does for me.

SpiffyJr
08-06-2009, 06:22 PM
The reason why I don't use Lich, is because nothing sets it apart. It's basically still a carbon copy of Psinet almost, but with a ; instead....Until something makes me go WOW about Lich, which so far has not, I'll stay Psinet since Lich does, what Psinet already does for me.

That statement just shows how little you know about Lich. The power is in the scripts and what you can do with them. All of Psinet's features make up a tiny portion of what Lich can do.

Deathravin
08-06-2009, 06:24 PM

ROFL. too easy... I'll let others play with that.

radamanthys
08-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Psinet Installer (http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~bkarker1/SageSetup-beta-2.2.0.2736.msi)
AtlasCore.sageatlas (http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~bkarker1/AtlasCore.sageatlas)
Atlas.sageatlas (http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~bkarker1/Atlas.sageatlas)

Current as of 7/26/09

TheFNG
08-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Psinet Installer (http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~bkarker1/SageSetup-beta-2.2.0.2736.msi)
AtlasCore.sageatlas (http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~bkarker1/AtlasCore.sageatlas)
Atlas.sageatlas (http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~bkarker1/Atlas.sageatlas)

Current as of 7/26/09

Sorry for the newbish question, but what should I do with the above? I've got the same problem most people do in this thread. I tried saving the atlascore.sageatlas link and replacing it with the same file in the atlas folder, but nothing changed, I still can't update.

Widgets
08-06-2009, 08:59 PM
That statement just shows how little you know about Lich. The power is in the scripts and what you can do with them. All of Psinet's features make up a tiny portion of what Lich can do.

Note I italicized For me...Meaning, because I rarely script, Lich has nothing else for me

Hemloch
08-09-2009, 08:28 PM
After being a long time psi-net user, I downloaded lich and love it, takes a bit of getting used to but so far really like the program, the only thing I miss is being able to type just 401 for prepping and casting 401 , does lich have a similar type application? I uninstalled psi -net to install lich, and now like everyone else said the psi-net site is down.

Hemloch
08-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Never mind I found the answer just activated ;voodo lich is awesome, can't believe I waited so long to install it. It just takes some getting used to if your a long term psinet user

pabstblueribbon
08-09-2009, 08:55 PM
You can have psinet and lich running at the same time now.

Just sayin'. :welcome:

Hemloch
08-11-2009, 03:06 AM
You can have psinet and lich running at the same time now.

Just sayin'. :welcome:

I haven't been able to do it...I downloaded psi-net and it won't let me in the game.

Drunken Durfin
08-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Install Lich.

;repo download installpsinet.lic

;installpsinet.lic

Everything works fine.

Hemloch
08-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Thank you so much Durfin!

DoctorUnne
08-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Sorry for the newbish question, but what should I do with the above? I've got the same problem most people do in this thread. I tried saving the atlascore.sageatlas link and replacing it with the same file in the atlas folder, but nothing changed, I still can't update.

I've been having the same problem for the past few days and am also a technical retard. Could someone please answer this question or explain how to get the atlas to update?

Thanks

TheFNG
08-15-2009, 05:57 AM
I've been having the same problem for the past few days and am also a technical retard. Could someone please answer this question or explain how to get the atlas to update?

Thanks

^What he said. x9000

TheFNG
08-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Bump.

Swami71
08-16-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm really thinking about just getting rid of psinet. This being part of the reason.

Deathravin
08-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Psiwhat?