PDA

View Full Version : Glasses

Artha
03-01-2004, 05:58 PM
So I got my glasses today. It's wierd at first, everything looks strange, but being able to see is definitely nice.

Sorry, the last two times I've plugged my webcam into this computer, it's blown up...so no pictures.

Bobmuhthol
03-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Wow. You spelled definitely correctly, but you still misspelled weird.

:(

Glasses suck.

Miss X
03-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Ive always wanted glasses, I used to fake reading the eye chart when I was younger, but I didnt realise they could tell! I got some frames with a clear glass lens but they were curved and gave me headaches, so I had to resign myself to a glasses free life!

Zeyrin
03-01-2004, 06:05 PM
I have to get glasses. I dread going, not to mention I don't have vision insurance.

StrayRogue
03-01-2004, 06:10 PM
My eyes are not defective, so I don't need them. Still, I like the look of them on some.

Soulpieced
03-01-2004, 06:21 PM
I heart my glasses.

Edaarin
03-01-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm not legally allowed to drive without either contacts or glasses on. I usually opt for glasses ever since I almost killed myself when my contact popped out last August on New Jersey Turnpike.

Artha
03-01-2004, 07:03 PM
Glasses update:

Headache = The suck.

Latrinsorm
03-01-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Miss X
Ive always wanted glasses, This isn't really directed at you personally (because you seem nice, generally), but I hate hate hate hate hate hate people who think glasses are some kind of fashion accessory. I hate nothing about my body so much as my crappy eyes, and to have other people wear what amounts to my peg leg on a lark pisses me off, a lot. But I'm pretty mellow, so it (the hating) usually doesn't last long.

Skirmisher
03-01-2004, 07:05 PM
New glasses/prescriptions often give headaches for the first day or so.

It does suck, but your eyes adjust and then amazingly...you can see clearly.

Latrinsorm
03-01-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
It does suck, Like the Nets recently. Heh heh heh. :D

HarmNone
03-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Wow. You spelled definitely correctly, but you still misspelled weird.

:(

Glasses suck.

Bob, m'boy, cut it out! :D

HarmNone is fetching the whomping stick

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by HarmNone]

Drew2
03-01-2004, 07:15 PM
I started wearing glasses in like 7-8th grade and my eyes just got worse ever since. I wear contacts mostly now. I can't even tell they're in for most of the day (at night you start to feel it) so it's like I have 20/20 vision. Recently I got colored because brown eyes = boring so now I have blue eyes. It also gives me a reason to like wearing my contacts.

I still have glasses I use at night or on the weekends when I don't go out anywhere. I don't wear them in pubilc though.

Artha
03-01-2004, 07:17 PM
I'm not a morning person, and I don't like the thought of gouging out an eye right before school...so I got glasses instead of contacts.

Skirmisher
03-01-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Originally posted by Skirmisher
It does suck, Like the Nets recently. Heh heh heh. :D :no:

Miss X
03-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Originally posted by Miss X
Ive always wanted glasses, This isn't really directed at you personally (because you seem nice, generally), but I hate hate hate hate hate hate people who think glasses are some kind of fashion accessory. I hate nothing about my body so much as my crappy eyes, and to have other people wear what amounts to my peg leg on a lark pisses me off, a lot. But I'm pretty mellow, so it (the hating) usually doesn't last long.

hehe, yeah my friends who have to wear glasses say the same thing. I've never seen the big deal though, I just think they look nice and wanted a pair so since my vision is fine I got some plain ones.

Its the same with dental braces and stuff, I hated mine and I was shocked that people had them for fashion, but each to their own, I doubt me wearing fake glasses is having a negative affect on anyones life, so its cool. :)

Drew2
03-01-2004, 08:25 PM
Contacts do not require you gouge your eye. You barely touch it to put them in. It's not as bad as some think.

After a week or so, it becomes effortless to take it in and out.

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by Tayre]

Artha
03-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Contacts do not require you gouge your eye. You barely touch it to put them in. It's not as bad as some think

You haven't seen me in the morning. I would gouge out an eye.

03-01-2004, 08:53 PM
take Asprin or something Artha
and you would be suprised how many people get fake glasses, I prolly have one or two paitents a month that get them just for fasion

Artha
03-01-2004, 09:16 PM
Head ache got better...it's actually not bad now. Being able to see well tomorrow will be nice.

CrystalTears
03-01-2004, 09:26 PM
I've only had glasses for the past year and it's amazing how much you take for granted your eyesight until you get glasses and suddenly realize you were seeing really crappy. I can't even handle being without them on because everything is just so blurry. I wondered how I managed for so long like that!

I don't like having glasses but my fiance loves them on me. He things I look much cuter with them on. I think he's lost his mind, but okay. Personally I feel like I look like Marcie from "Peanuts".

Ravenstorm
03-01-2004, 09:51 PM
I tried cntacts once. What a pain in the ass they were. Not to mention it's just an added, unnecessary expense. Glasses are so much easier and convenient.

Raven

Scott
03-01-2004, 11:59 PM
I just am so glad I have good eyes. I play a lot of sports so I could never really wear glasses, and I have a thing with eyes that freak me out. I could NEVER put contacts in my eyes. I can't even put eye drops in my eyes..... Eyes should not be touched with anything.....

03-02-2004, 12:59 AM
heh gemstone101 turn 43 and say the same thing :lol:
your going to be in for it when that times comes around... no more good vision

Scott
03-02-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by The Edine
heh gemstone101 turn 43 and say the same thing :lol:
your going to be in for it when that times comes around... no more good vision

Hopefully my eyes go bad when I can no longer play sports competetively, then I can wear glasses. Eyes are freaky, and sticking things in them is not an option.....

HarmNone
03-02-2004, 01:17 AM
Not to worry, Sintik. Being 43 !=wearing glasses. ;)

HarmNone, at 43

Drew2
03-02-2004, 01:22 AM
You poor souls who have not found the Light and Salvation that is contact lenses.

I pity you.

Snapp
03-02-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Gemstone101
I just am so glad I have good eyes. I play a lot of sports so I could never really wear glasses, and I have a thing with eyes that freak me out. I could NEVER put contacts in my eyes. I can't even put eye drops in my eyes..... Eyes should not be touched with anything.....

You get used to it. I don't mind wearing my contact (yes, only 1) anymore. I couldn't take wearing glasses.

Sean
03-02-2004, 01:23 AM
I like my glasses too much to wear contacts.

03-02-2004, 01:26 AM
they Bifocials or progressive lenses harmnone?

HarmNone
03-02-2004, 01:31 AM
They are eyes, Edine. Just plain eyes. :D

HarmNone does wear sunglasses in the summer

03-02-2004, 01:44 AM
hmm when was your last eye exam Harmnone?
have you noticed that reading the menu at restraunt with dark lighting is getting hard yet? you will very soon:roll:

HarmNone
03-02-2004, 01:48 AM
Well, if genetics have any part in it, I may go a long time before vision becomes a problem. My grandfather wore glasses only for reading small print at the age of 84. My grandmother does not wear them now, at age 83. She did have cataracts removed a few years ago. My mother, like her father, needs glasses only for extremely small print. In that respect, we are a lucky bunch! :D

HarmNone counts her blessings

03-02-2004, 01:58 AM
As you age you get an ailment that is called presbiopia, it happens to everyone, the average age is 43. It affects your reading... The crystalline lens which your eye uses to focus becomes less elastic and your ability to focus on things closer becomes extremely hard. The choice when it comes down to it will be up to you. Wear glasses for reading only, taking them on and off on and off... Get Bifocal contacts which will correct for your reading and distance if needed <newer lenses like the SofLens 66 multifocal have had a lot of success at least at our practice> or glasses that correct for both <bifocal or progressive lenses> you will not be able to escape it, the only way you can is if you do not listen to the doctor when he tells you that you need them or you just don't go in...
you can not escape, you will be mine one day

HarmNone
03-02-2004, 02:07 AM
I am familiar with presbyopia. It is the condition that caused my grandfather to tease about being able to see a gnat sneeze at 300 paces, but not be able to read the newspaper. ;)

So far, I have noticed none of the signs of aging lenses, but I am sure I will, sooner or later. It is notable that my grandmother, since the cataract was removed, still does not need glasses at 83. :D

HarmNone

*Edited to correct a typo that aged my grandmother by a year. She'd kill me!*

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by HarmNone]

03-02-2004, 02:17 AM
well your grandmother needed them but refused to wear them, post cataract... she does not have her lenses anymore, and has IOL, and they can gear that towards Monovision one eye for far one eye for near bypassing the need for glasses for either..

Mint
03-02-2004, 02:37 AM
My friends dad has 20/15 vision he says. I thought the best vision you could have was 20/20?

My grandmother has trifocals which does not bode well for my vision future. :(

03-02-2004, 08:44 AM
no 20\20 is what they correct you for, I personaly corrected am 20\10
It all depends on how your eyes are and how close they are to the correction.