PDA

View Full Version : Question about cold flaring weapons

whiteflash
07-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Over the years I've forgotten if cold flaring weapons are susceptible to weapon fire. Do they ignore the spell or do you still get wtfpwned? Thanks.

droit
07-20-2009, 12:57 PM
They are susceptible to weapon fire. You're thinking of cold faring weapons' resistance to the heating-up mechanic on Teras. Attacking certain fire creatures will cause your weapon to start to heat, eventually causing periodic damage. Cold flares will increase the number of hits you can take before starting to take damage (or they're immune..I can't remember).

whiteflash
07-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks man, cures my desire to buy a cold flaring weapon.

Belnia
07-21-2009, 09:49 AM
The only weapon fire immunity is the kroderine longsword. I've been pushing for veil iron to likewise be weapon fire immune, since the new stuff has all the drawbacks of magic immunity but none of the benefits. Alas, nothing yet.

Lord Orbstar
07-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Belnia, that is a logical idea that follows the lore. Why would they listen to that? They would be fearful of making unbalancing effects in the game with sweeping changes (logical though they may be) that would affect existing weapons.

To be fair, I am sure there is some coding nightmare that won't allow them to make blanket changes to all the veil iron weapons and the one slab out there (if it wasn't already forged into weapons).