PDA

View Full Version : Possibly Selling the Crossbow

Widgets
07-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Details are as follows:

5x Enchant
Mechanical Crank (Cocks in 3 seconds REGARDLESS of Strength)
Never Forces a Stance Change while cranking (You can cock it and still stay in Defensive)
Never Forces you from hiding while cranking
Temporarily Heavily Sighted (Incredible Uses Left)
Lightened Once or Twice, weighs 10 now.
Altered as well.

I can be open to trades as well of the Armor/OHE Variety since I am pondering the possibility of taking Widgets TWC. However as it stands he is still ranged and will be unless I find something that I like and will work well for me...Be it coins, or trades.

Anothi
07-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Meh, xbows suck :(

Widgets
07-20-2009, 12:37 AM

Not all!

Donquix
07-20-2009, 12:43 AM

It's true, they do! Because they take a long time to cock, they force your stance, and can't be cocked from hiding...if only there was some mechanical device, like a crank of some kind, you could attach to a crossbow to fix all these issues...

oh wait!

SpiffyJr
07-20-2009, 12:56 AM
They still suck because they require a crank which is exceedingly rare. 4x bow + master fletched ebladed arrows = a 9x flaring weapon that can wtfpwn eyes. Why bother with a xbow?

The Ponzzz
07-20-2009, 12:59 AM
The are exceedingly rare, if only one was for sale though...

Durgrimst
07-20-2009, 01:04 AM
Even tough this thread is DUMB because the weapon is POSSIBLE for sale...

This xbow makes up for most of the shittyness of normal xbows, it cuts down on all the negatives, and you still get the sick kneeling AS boost.

Widgets
07-20-2009, 01:13 AM
They still suck because they require a crank which is exceedingly rare. 4x bow + master fletched ebladed arrows = a 9x flaring weapon that can wtfpwn eyes. Why bother with a xbow?

10x crossbow + 30 AS for Kneeling + Combat Mobility = Oh Hai I'm like a Bow but with even more AS.

I'm also maybe maybe MAYBE....Looking for nice OHB's as well.

You fire a heavy crossbow bolt at a lava troll!
AS: +316 vs DS: +169 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +74 = +256
... and hit for 81 points of damage!
Shot knocks the lava troll's head back by pushing on the inside of the skull!

[You have 11 kills remaining.]
The lava troll falls to the ground, her living fire extinguished.
The heavy crossbow bolt sticks in a lava troll's left eye!
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.

Izzy
07-20-2009, 08:52 AM
10x crossbow + 30 AS for Kneeling + Combat Mobility = Oh Hai I'm like a Bow but with even more AS.

I'm also maybe maybe MAYBE....Looking for nice OHB's as well.

You fire a heavy crossbow bolt at a lava troll!
AS: +316 vs DS: +169 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +74 = +256
... and hit for 81 points of damage!
Shot knocks the lava troll's head back by pushing on the inside of the skull!

[You have 11 kills remaining.]
The lava troll falls to the ground, her living fire extinguished.
The heavy crossbow bolt sticks in a lava troll's left eye!
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.

Even with the crank it's slower than a longbow (with proper strength bonus). 3 second crank plus 3 second shot plus .5-1 second loading/kneeling/standing (even with macros) leaves you at about seven seconds base. 3 second longbow ftw. Still, if you were to use an xbow, this would be the one to use. Xbows make dandy backup weapons.

Belnia
07-20-2009, 10:53 AM
I keep a high enchant heavy crossbow around at all times, loaded and ready to fire. It's good for those pesky people in plate, or war griffins before I capped.

SpiffyJr
07-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Yah, I'm thinking I'm going to start carrying a heavy crossbow around just for those times. I almost considered switching to a light crossbow because I can cock/fire in one second each with haste. As a wizard the +30 AS could be handy at times but then I realized I can tremors the room if I need a little AS boost.

Fallen
07-22-2009, 12:02 PM
How do X-bows compare in terms of DF? Though it may not jive in the real world sense, I think that a light crossbow should have a higher DF than a longbow. That way, the annoyance of dealing with them is outweighed by the monster DFs. Heavy crossbows would have incredible DFs, but still be the royal pains in the ass they are today.

sfogarty
07-22-2009, 01:23 PM
I want it. I'd use it. I have nothing to trade that's nearly worth it :)

Widgets
07-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Going to be sold likely by tonight or tomorrow depending on when the interested buyer is home from work.

So far, the selling price is 20million

Renian
07-22-2009, 03:11 PM
How do X-bows compare in terms of DF? Though it may not jive in the real world sense, I think that a light crossbow should have a higher DF than a longbow. That way, the annoyance of dealing with them is outweighed by the monster DFs. Heavy crossbows would have incredible DFs, but still be the royal pains in the ass they are today.

That or make it so they fire in one second without haste.

Bhuryn
07-22-2009, 03:31 PM

against plate the DFs of a heavy crossbow are the same as a longbow slightly higher against the lower ASGs slightly lower against chain. Thats why crossbows suck outside of the occasional remove xbow, kneel, fire, stand, wear xbow get bow macro.

Widgets
07-23-2009, 12:41 AM
Sold too