PDA

View Full Version : Prejudice on the PC

Pages : [1] 2

Bobrobertbobson
07-19-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm not a crusader for moral causes, I oppose censorship, and I expect a significant percentage of comments on line to be moronic. Even so, I am really surprised at how many people on the PC talk freely about how some merchant "Jewed" them out of their money.

Stunseed just told me that he's not a bigot. His evidence is that if he were, "I'd say go die in a gas chamber." Many of my relatives were murdered. Should I laugh that off because, after all, it's just the PC? How could I not call him on something that offensive? The disturbing thing is, he's just the most recent one, certainly not the only one on these forums to make a comment like that.

Would you have no reaction to gaybashing? Burning crosses in front of black churches? Stabbing puppies? If you have a moral compass, why aren't you offended by antisemitism?

ElvenFury
07-19-2009, 03:08 PM
My GF is Puerto Rican, and I'm a European mutt, including a little Italian. She once told me that I was cooking pasta wrong, so I told her to get the fuck out of the kitchen, because I sure as hell don't give her advice on how to stab people. She laughed, which is why I love her.

Sorry to hear about your relatives. Many of my relatives died in that war to cut that shit out. Now go get a sense of humor.

Stunseed
07-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Gan has a line of his signature you should read.

Durgrimst
07-19-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm not a crusader for moral causes, I oppose censorship, and I expect a significant percentage of comments on line to be moronic. Even so, I am really surprised at how many people on the PC talk freely about how some merchant "Jewed" them out of their money.

Stunseed just told me that he's not a bigot. His evidence is that if he were, "I'd say go die in a gas chamber." Many of my relatives were murdered. Should I laugh that off because, after all, it's just the PC? How could I not call him on something that offensive? The disturbing thing is, he's just the most recent one, certainly not the only one on these forums to make a comment like that.

Would you have no reaction to gaybashing? Burning crosses in front of black churches? Stabbing puppies? If you have a moral compass, why aren't you offended by antisemitism?

I openly hate everyone with a larger post count than me... so your cool, but all these other assholes... worthless bitches!

Ravenstorm
07-19-2009, 03:15 PM
There is a common conception that what someone says on the internet doesn't matter. "I'm not an asshole/bigot; I just play one on the internet." This is, of course, complete and utter bullshit. I always assume that how a person chooses to portray himself is how that person really is and the anonymity of the medium is irrelevant. If he doesn't care how he comes off, or doesn't care how his words affect someone else on the other side of the computer screen, it says quite a lot about him.

Accordingly, just take them at face value. If they act and talk like bigots, assume they are and ignore them because they're worth nothing but contempt. There are as many assholes online - or perhaps even more since they are rarely able to be held accountable - as there are offline.

Some Rogue
07-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Fucking Juice

Stanley Burrell
07-19-2009, 03:16 PM

I always stick with "stabbing puppies" because it's non-denominational, but if I were to say something like "stabbing poodles" or "stabbing cocker spaniels" or maybe "stabbing miniature schnauzers" it would be racist.

This is a very good post.

Bobrobertbobson
07-19-2009, 03:19 PM

The bigot counsels tolerance... but only of offensive comments. No surprise there. I have a line of my signature you should take to heart.

LMingrone
07-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Wow! You get offended easily, huh?

War Angel
07-19-2009, 03:21 PM
quoted from urban dictionary:

Jew'd
"also spelled "jewed", this slang term for being cheated or outdone in trade came from the stereotype of the Jewish people as shrewd bargainers and pennypinchers. Not recommended to use this term in front of a member of the religion, as they may be quite offended."

Now, since being "jewed" is actually derogatory towards the person the "jewing" was done to, as they are being outdone, who is it really offensive to?

There are tons of slang words, used in place of others that if one wants to be ultra-sensitive about, it might bother them. (ie "Indian Giver") As an american indian, this doesn't bother me.
Albeit, we aren't talking religion, so maybe that's where the offense lies?

Stunseed
07-19-2009, 03:25 PM
I call them as I see them. A person who barters to the point it is insulting, it has a term. The person I accuse that of does so. Maybe you should go read the Runescape forums if you want a kid's world, because unless someone wants to ban me for my opinion I will continue to call them as I see them.

< Burning crosses in front of black churches? >

They didn't pay the electric bill and it was a cheap alternative? :)

< Now go get a sense of humor. >

This. Done.

LMingrone
07-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Merchant of Venice is the only Shakespeare I like.

Bobrobertbobson
07-19-2009, 03:31 PM
There is a common conception that what someone says on the internet doesn't matter. "I'm not an asshole/bigot; I just play one on the internet." This is, of course, complete and utter bullshit. I always assume that how a person chooses to portray himself is how that person really is and the anonymity of the medium is irrelevant. If he doesn't care how he comes off, or doesn't care how his words affect someone else on the other side of the computer screen, it says quite a lot about him.

Accordingly, just take them at face value. If they act and talk like bigots, assume they are and ignore them because they're worth nothing but contempt. There are as many assholes online - or perhaps even more since they are rarely able to be held accountable - as there are offline.

QFT.

Fallen
07-19-2009, 03:34 PM
As is the oft quoted reponse, i'm a pretty equal opportunity offender. If you can't deal with it, ... what the fuck are you doing on the PC?

Stanley Burrell
07-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Merchant of Venice is the only Shakespeare I like.

You're obviously racist.

As a Jew, I shall now rightfully sue you for your derogatory comments and take all your money. Sieg heil Bernie Madoff.

And to the OP, 20 relatives of my direct lineage were killed by the Polish police during the Holocaust. Some raped. I, however, am not one of those people, nor did I go through what they did. Why would you be offended if someone said they "got jewed" or whatever?

If it really bothers you that much, just think of it like they're saying "I was christianed out of money" or "That bank really islamed me." Or "That Jew really buddhismed my ass."

Plus, if you're Jewish like I am, you have a prerequisite to have a sense of humor and must able to laugh at yourself. The end.

Methais
07-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Fucking Juice

http://mirror.servut.us/kuvat/meinung/eliminated_all_the_juice.jpg

Tea & Strumpets
07-19-2009, 03:44 PM

Who are you asking why they aren't offended by antisemitism (It's your last sentence)? Are you asking Stunseed, or are you asking why he hasn't been publicly condemned?

Stretch
07-19-2009, 03:54 PM

1) I am guessing 98% of the posters here have no idea WTF you are referring to, or the incident that triggered this thread

2) I'd bet that most people here have no reaction to gaybashing, woman bashing, or black jokes

3) I am not offended by anti-Semitism because I typically don't presume to get offended for other people. Also, because Jews aren't people.

Swami71
07-19-2009, 04:04 PM
This is like going to a R rated movie and being offended when they swear. If you don't like the PC then don't read it. Your not going to change anybody's opinion here. No one feels sorry for you.

Latrinsorm
07-19-2009, 04:06 PM
A person who barters to the point it is insulting, it has a term.This is a cop-out. You decide what terms you use, you are capable of not using slurs. The reaction you garner is irrelevant, as is the prevalence of whatever term you use. Some things are just wrong to say.

Methais
07-19-2009, 04:09 PM

If this guy can take a joke, why can't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ_Sqj7JUn8

Stunseed
07-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Never said I was perfect, nor have I made such a claim.

I even went so far as to call that person something else. Find me an insulting term that has the same sting for being an asshole and I'd be willing to look at it. Aston-Martin dealer just isn't strong enough for me, sorry.

Tisket
07-19-2009, 04:14 PM
I lol'd at Stun's comment.

ViridianAsp
07-19-2009, 04:22 PM
I just have to say, I hate most people...actually all people...

But like Evarin said, if you can't handle it why are you here on the PC. Personally, I take most shit here with a grain of salt anymore (it's my new favorite term, shut up.) because it isn't worth getting bent out of shape over.

I agree, I don't use the term JEW'D just like I wouldn't call someone a nigger, but I do call my boyfriend a honky, because he is one....

Anyway, I'm white so I can use that word.

Methais
07-19-2009, 04:29 PM
I just have to say, I hate most people...actually all people...

But like Evarin said, if you can't handle it why are you here on the PC. Personally, I take most shit here with a grain of salt anymore (it's my new favorite term, shut up.) because it isn't worth getting bent out of shape over.

I agree, I don't use the term JEW'D just like I wouldn't call someone a nigger, but I do call my boyfriend a honky, because he is one....

http://www.omgod.com/albums/ownies/grain_of_salt.jpg

Widgets
07-19-2009, 04:32 PM

Welcome to the internets...

Gan
07-19-2009, 04:36 PM

QFT

Belnia
07-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Jew here,
6 of my 8 trace-able grandparents were from Lithuania, that's The Old Country for people keeping score. I had a great grandfather who died protecting his synagogue during the war. I'm also probably one the Jewiest merchants around, I pinch textual pennies and like having lots of them. I'm also a jeweler/lapidary in real life, so I fit just about every stereotype imaginable.

There is a difference between anti-Semitic humor such as: http://www.legorobotcomics.com/?id=68
That's something I can laugh at.

Someone going around and spouting off how the Holocaust never happened, Hitler was a good guy, and Jews are inherently evil and should be destroyed isn't my cup of tea.

tl;dr version: Welcome to the PC. You need thick skin around here.

thefarmer
07-19-2009, 04:37 PM

Stop being prejudiced against my moral compass.

MrTastyHead
07-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Not being able to handle it and not being afraid to say it's wrong are different. Embracing or even accepting racism, whether it's burning crosses or jokes on a message board, is willful ignorance and a detriment to humanity as a whole.

thefarmer
07-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Jew here,
6 of my 8 trace-able grandparents were from Lithuania, that's The Old Country for people keeping score. I had a great grandfather who died protecting his synagogue during the war. I'm also probably one the Jewiest merchants around, I pinch textual pennies and like having lots of them. I'm also a jeweler/lapidary in real life, so I fit just about every stereotype imaginable.

Thanks for the new sig

ElvenFury
07-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Not being able to handle it and not being afraid to say it's wrong are different.

Doing that on the PC is like going to a BBQ restaurant and telling people that it's wrong to eat meat.

Barundar
07-19-2009, 04:46 PM

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z256/Eefex/1211242911421.jpg

StrayRogue
07-19-2009, 04:46 PM
You can either laugh about everything, or laugh about nothing.

Anything inbetween is just hypocrisy.

Personally Jew jokes, dead baby jokes, rape jokes, paedo jokes, are all the same. I wouldn't give my Schindler routine in front of a rabbi equally as much as I wouldn't crack wise about someone in a wheelchair to my disabled uncle.

Methais
07-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Doing that on the PC is like going to a BBQ restaurant and telling people that it's wrong to eat meat.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_M0cuxJsSjdU/SKSDherWc9I/AAAAAAAAEgo/II4z0LszWa0/s400/dab2e2dfdb96ac02910835a195d165e5.jpg

(note the black protestor guy trying to resist the urge)

Tea & Strumpets
07-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Don't get him started on jewelry.

MrTastyHead
07-19-2009, 04:54 PM

If the PC was a forum founded on the principles of being racist that would be a good comparison. As it is, it's more like going to a bar or other social gathering place and telling people you don't want to listen to their racist banter. The only difference is that here people don't have to look people in the eye while they do it.

Methais
07-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Don't get him started on jewelry.

There's a reason why jewelry starts with JEW.

Case in point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUYh-ytmXls

Parkbandit
07-19-2009, 04:56 PM
If the PC was a forum founded on the principles of being racist that would be a good comparison. As it is, it's more like going to a bar or other social gathering place and telling people you don't want to listen to their racist banter. The only difference is that here people don't have to look people in the eye while they do it.

Psst.. I heard Tisket made a tourettes joke in another thread!

Methais
07-19-2009, 04:59 PM

I'm pretty sure the PC was founded as an alternate, uncensored forum to Simu's forums.

In other words, it was founded so people could say what the fuck they want, unlike the officials.

EDIT: Proactive argument killer: The officials also have an "off topic" equivalent section.

Parkbandit
07-19-2009, 05:01 PM

If you were in the bar, you would obviously get up and leave... never to return.

You should so do that here as well.

Tisket
07-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Psst.. I heard Tisket made a tourettes joke in another thread!

B..b..b...b..b.b...astard!

MrTastyHead
07-19-2009, 05:10 PM
If there are 100 people in a bar and 20 of them are spouting racist bullshit while the other 80 are carrying on normal conversations which I have at least a passing interest in, I would not leave. I would tell the 20 they are ignorant fucks and I don't want to hear their drivel, and I would continue on with the other conversations.

Methais
07-19-2009, 05:15 PM
If there are 100 people in a bar and 20 of them are spouting racist bullshit while the other 80 are carrying on normal conversations which I have at least a passing interest in, I would not leave. I would tell the 20 they are ignorant fucks and I don't want to hear their drivel, and I would continue on with the other conversations.

Get up and go to the bar then and leave us alone so we can trash on niggers, spics, chinks, japs, gooks, wops, krauts, pollacks, liberals, fags, dykes, honkeys, crackers, kykes, red sea pedestrians, zipperheads, camel jockeys, and make jokes about sodomizing underage kids in the back of vans said to be full of candy in peace.

Androidpk
07-19-2009, 05:15 PM
If the PC were that bar, it would be 80 people spouting racist bullshit, not 20 ;)

Hulkein
07-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Well this place sure has turned sensitive recently.

I blame the Jews. And queers.

Gan
07-19-2009, 05:18 PM

18 of the 20 spouting racist BS would laugh at you hysterically. While the other 2 would get up and follow you around calling you a pussy in hopes of instigating a fight, all the while drinking more beer.

You're really not helping your case any here.

thefarmer
07-19-2009, 05:25 PM
red sea pedestrians

That's a new one for me, who's that making fun of?

Barundar
07-19-2009, 05:38 PM

Jews again, he's in so much trouble.

Gan
07-19-2009, 05:39 PM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=red+sea+pedestrian

Some Rogue
07-19-2009, 05:44 PM

Gonna guess Jews..Moses parting the Red Sea, etc.

Euler
07-19-2009, 06:13 PM

SEXIST!

4a6c1
07-19-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm mostly non-emotive. All the women in my family call it sensitivity challenged. So I made friends with Buddhists so they could teach me how to be nice to people.

I'm only half serious.

Right now I'm thinking...Deesnuts might need some zen in his life.

Gan
07-19-2009, 06:23 PM
There's a buddhist temple a few blocks from my house. I keep looking for David Carradine tending to the gardens outside when I pass by.

Patience Grasshopper...

4a6c1
07-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Hahaha.

If you see a lady with really fake red hair in a sportsbra flicking you off thats me. :)

Actually, if you see a lady with really fake red hair in a sportsbra flicking you off run away because men with bino's gonna get a chuck norris in the nose.

Ravenstorm
07-19-2009, 06:29 PM
There's a buddhist temple a few blocks from my house. I keep looking for David Carradine tending to the gardens outside when I pass by.

Patience Grasshopper...

Totally off topic, I just happened to come across this the other day:

Kung Fu Werewolf (http://thehumanmarvels.com/?p=94)!

This would make an awesome movie. No joke.

4a6c1
07-19-2009, 06:33 PM
:weird:

ElvenFury
07-19-2009, 06:39 PM

Patience Grasshopper...

Yeah, zombie Buddhist watching is a passtime of mine too.

...wait, what?

Stanley Burrell
07-19-2009, 07:12 PM
When I was like 5 years old, I was out with my mom, and a bunch of black cat Chassidic Jews walked by and I yelled, "LOOK MOM, BUDDHISTS!"

Rimalon
07-19-2009, 07:14 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/a/a3/Jewcat.jpg

Silique
07-19-2009, 07:30 PM
When did we decide being jewish is a race?

Stanley Burrell
07-19-2009, 07:48 PM
When did we decide being jewish is a race?

It was around the time when we discovered that Asian was a religion.

The time of course...

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3786/timecop.jpg

Of Time Cop.

AnticorRifling
07-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Fucking titty baby. /end

Bobrobertbobson
07-19-2009, 08:26 PM
When I was like 5 years old, I was out with my mom, and a bunch of black cat Chassidic Jews walked by and I yelled, "LOOK MOM, BUDDHISTS!"

Wait, black cat Hassidic Jews? Do you mean "black hat," or did somebody convert a bunch of calicos?

Stanley Burrell
07-19-2009, 08:30 PM
lol, I accidentally said "cat" instead of hat.

Now go look at the Time Cop jpeg I hyperlinked for it is awesome.

radamanthys
07-19-2009, 09:46 PM

You'll really enjoy this site: http://www.4chan.org

In response: get over yourself. Outrage is so 90's.

Bobmuhthol
07-19-2009, 09:50 PM
<<When did we decide being jewish is a race?>>

Considering the Jews decided it, I'd say it was a few thousand years ago.

RichardCranium
07-19-2009, 09:53 PM
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k15/troydenh/untitled-1.jpg

DCSL
07-19-2009, 10:06 PM
This is awesome.

diethx
07-20-2009, 01:26 AM
Get up and go to the bar then and leave us alone so we can trash on niggers, spics, chinks, japs, gooks, wops, krauts, pollacks, liberals, fags, dykes, honkeys, crackers, kykes, red sea pedestrians, zipperheads, camel jockeys, and make jokes about sodomizing underage kids in the back of vans said to be full of candy in peace.

roflcopter :heart:

Well this place sure has turned sensitive recently.

I blame the Jews. And queers.

I blame the people who use the pull-out method.

Drew
07-20-2009, 01:53 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/backwardhatclub/thanksjews-1.jpg

Back
07-20-2009, 02:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb3IMTJjzfo

The Ponzzz
07-20-2009, 02:21 AM
Miss I kind of pissed me off with the "Jew" written on her hand, and claimed it's what all the scene kids do in CA. So I took a pic of me with "WOP" on my hand as a crack back at it. I don't care what racial slang people fling around, but, when someone doing it doesn't understand WHAT they are doing, I get irrated.

My girlfriend is Jewish, yet I fit all the stereotypes. Go figure. We throw some poor taste humor back and fourth, but in the end, we know we're just playing around.

Nieninque
07-20-2009, 02:25 AM
It makes me laugh when people who use racist insults get pissed off about being called a racist. What else would you be?

Having said that, the PC is not known for being respectful. If you dun like it, dun visit.

Geshron
07-20-2009, 02:26 AM
This is like going to a R rated movie and being offended when they swear. If you don't like the PC then don't read it. Your not going to change anybody's opinion here. No one feels sorry for you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And,

The fact that people have radically different ideals and lifestyles is what makes it interesting. What, did someone out-quote or out-reference you? On OOC and here you can find light examples of people making fun of every race and culture. In fact I outright make fun of Christians sometime and you don't see them posting "Geshron R hater of teh Christianz" because it's exactly that, board banter. If someone is outright anti-semitic towards you in public (Jew jokes are my fave so you better be prepared) than deal with it accordingly. Otherwise else, your complaint is null and terribly obvious.

If you'll excuse me, I must return to the hunt of the Black Jews.

Back
07-20-2009, 02:34 AM
I’m pretty open but real racial prejudice, and its pretty easy to pick out, really rubs me angry.

Durgrimst
07-20-2009, 02:40 AM
I just read this whole thread, and the only thing I took away from it is that diethx likes to be nutted IN and not ON.

Oh and WWMD? (What Would Methais Do)

I think he would hold you down and surprisebuttsex you while calling you a dirty name until you can make your very own goatse.

diethx
07-20-2009, 03:43 AM
I just read this whole thread, and the only thing I took away from it is that diethx likes to be nutted IN and not ON.

:/

radamanthys
07-20-2009, 03:52 AM
Well, now we know who WON'T be hosting the annual PC Bukkake party...

radamanthys
07-20-2009, 04:03 AM
http://imgur.com/TDWFt.jpg

Asha
07-20-2009, 04:29 AM
Miss I kind of pissed me off with the "Jew" written on her hand, and claimed it's what all the scene kids do in CA. So I took a pic of me with "WOP" on my hand as a crack back at it.

It makes me laugh when people who use racist insults get pissed off about being called a racist. What else would you be?

Having said that, the PC is not known for being respectful. If you dun like it, dun visit.

NieninManhands is right.

Nieninque
07-20-2009, 04:58 AM
NieninManhands is right.

Still missing that artery huh?

Keep plugging away. One day you'll strike gold.

Rimalon
07-20-2009, 05:06 AM
lol, I accidentally said "cat" instead of hat.

http://sfist.com/attachments/SFist_Brock/jew%20cat.JPG

Jewcat forgives you.

...This time.

StrayRogue
07-20-2009, 07:17 AM
I call a black friend nigger all the time. He gives it back to me just as bad. Would I call myself racist? Not in the slightest.

Euler
07-20-2009, 08:58 AM
a black friend gives it to me just as bad. Would I call myself racist? Not in the slightest.

gay maybe though.

Hulkein
07-20-2009, 09:08 AM
I blame the people who use the pull-out method.

Bahaha :(

NocturnalRob
07-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Bahaha :(
hahahahaha

Bhuryn
07-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Didn't society get over this whole obsession with words when it saw blazing saddles for the first time?

Geshron
07-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Didn't society get over this whole obsession with words when it saw blazing saddles for the first time?

I blame the jews.

Latrinsorm
07-20-2009, 12:37 PM
The fact that people have radically different ideals and lifestyles is what makes it interesting.Incidentally, this is also a cop-out.

Sean of the Thread
07-20-2009, 12:42 PM
http://users.chariot.net.au/%7Emisterx/steve/images/cry_me_a_river.jpg (http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1315/1089005605_04c3b30b0b.jpg?v=0)

AND LEARN SOME...

http://www.moosejockey.com/images/pictures/blog/jew_jitsu.jpg

Anebriated
07-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Racism is like 90% interpretation.

NocturnalRob
07-20-2009, 01:00 PM
I suggest you calm down. Maybe play a board game?

http://thedanzatap.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/black-monopoly1.jpg

Daniel
07-20-2009, 01:33 PM
I suggest you calm down. Maybe play a board game?

http://thedanzatap.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/black-monopoly1.jpg

rofl.

Methais
07-20-2009, 02:24 PM

I order you to stop everything you're doing and watch Monty Python's Life of Brian.

Androidpk
07-20-2009, 02:26 PM
I order you to stop everything you're doing and watch Monty Python's Life of Brian.

Such a great movie, especially the scene with Biggus Dickus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8_jgiNqUc

Methais
07-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Such a great movie, especially the scene with Biggus Dickus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8_jgiNqUc

Best scene in the movie. Especially the :wtf: moment with the spaceship.

Sweets
07-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Always look on the bright side of life..

NocturnalRob
07-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Call me "Big Nose" one more time!!

Tsa`ah
07-20-2009, 02:57 PM
As mentioned, the internet allows people to express their bigotry without repercussion ... and then list every cop out, excuse, and reason why they're not a bigot.

ElvenFury
07-20-2009, 03:09 PM
As mentioned, the internet allows people to express their bigotry without repercussion ... and then list every cop out, excuse, and reason why they're not a bigot.

The internet also lets people look gay by majorly overreacting.

http://creativestudios.com/img/kid_remote_ass.png

Tsa`ah
07-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Nice

Asha
07-20-2009, 03:32 PM
I call a black friend nigger all the time. He gives it back to me just as bad. Would I call myself racist? Not in the slightest.

I do the same but with 'nig' instead. It's the same as them calling me fuckface.
They're black and I'm a fuckface.

Xorai
07-20-2009, 03:48 PM
If assholes could fly, this place would be an airport.

Marl
07-20-2009, 03:59 PM
so is this the proper place to post the new black joke i heard yesterday?

How did the nigger know she was pregnant?
When she pulled her tampon out all the cotton was picked off!

its the internet get the fuck over it.

Fallen
07-20-2009, 04:22 PM
so is this the proper place to post the new black joke i heard yesterday?

How did the nigger know she was pregnant?
When she pulled her tampon out all the cotton was picked off!

its the internet get the fuck over it.

That's soul burning GRRRREAT!

Methais
07-20-2009, 05:31 PM

OHHH SHUT UP BIGNOSE!

RichardCranium
07-20-2009, 06:36 PM
If you'll excuse me, I must return to the hunt of the Black Jews.

What did the nazi say to the black jew?

"Get to the back of the oven."

Stanley Burrell
07-20-2009, 07:07 PM
What did the nazi say to the black jew?

"Get to the back of the oven."

That joke no longer works.

Infidel.

http://www.hchris.com/political_cartoons/More%20Than%20One%20Myth%2009-26-07.jpg

I lol'd, RC.

grenthor
07-20-2009, 07:20 PM

I really can't believe that one of the best scenes ever from Rescue Me hasn't been posted. Especially since it has lines almost identical to the one above
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1cM1x_LVXo

Anebriated
07-20-2009, 07:28 PM
I really can't believe that one of the best scenes ever from Rescue Me hasn't been posted. Especially since it has lines almost identical to the one above

I lol'd

diethx
07-20-2009, 07:45 PM

I'm having issues with youtube atm. But is it the sensitivity training episode? Yeah, that whole show is gold though.

Anebriated
07-20-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm having issues with youtube atm. But is it the sensitivity training episode? Yeah, that whole show is gold though.

yes it is.

radamanthys
07-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Fucking brilliant.

Hulkein
07-20-2009, 11:55 PM

I don't understand the point behind listing cop outs and excuses when there aren't any repercussions.

Fallen
07-21-2009, 12:28 AM
I don't understand the point behind listing cop outs and excuses when there aren't any repercussions.

I find the people who take exception to racist/sexist/etc comments are just as big as, if not greater dicks than the people who don't. I personally find them more annoying because of the holier-than-thou crap.

Gan
07-21-2009, 08:07 AM

:rofl:

Gan
07-21-2009, 08:08 AM
Call me "Big Nose" one more time!!

haha. Points for Hancock reference.

Methais
07-21-2009, 01:06 PM

Holy shit :rofl:

Tsa`ah
07-21-2009, 01:08 PM

Have you not read this thread?

Parkbandit
07-21-2009, 02:06 PM

Tsa'ah also believes that people who post on an Internet forum are far braver than those who give him rep without signing it.. so don't put too much weight into his posts.

4a6c1
07-21-2009, 02:12 PM
EYE EYE EYE EYE

EYE AM A FRITO BANDITO

(this on-topic post brought to you by the makers of junk food everywhere)

Mighty Nikkisaurus
07-21-2009, 02:17 PM
EYE EYE EYE EYE

EYE AM A FRITO BANDITO

(this on-topic post brought to you by the makers of junk food everywhere)

:rofl:

Latrinsorm
07-21-2009, 05:18 PM
I don't understand the point behind listing cop outs and excuses when there aren't any repercussions.For a significant number of the people who use them, slurs indicate not a deeper bigotry but a deeper indifference. There's no way to make someone care about something, of course, but at least bringing it to their attention (repeatedly) is a start.

I didn't and don't think Stun is an anti-Semite; Stun's a good guy. Everyone can improve, and this happens to be an area he can improve.

Back
07-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Isn’t also a matter of environment and causality?

Anyone growing up in NYC has had a vastly different experience than say growing up in Boise Idaho.

Talk, company, and repercussions around the bar are going to be very different. What might seem casual to one might seem absurd to another. Both ways.

Methais
07-21-2009, 05:26 PM
This casual thread is absurd.

radamanthys
07-21-2009, 05:28 PM
For a significant number of the people who use them, slurs indicate not a deeper bigotry but a deeper indifference. There's no way to make someone care about something, of course, but at least bringing it to their attention (repeatedly) is a start.

I didn't and don't think Stun is an anti-Semite; Stun's a good guy. Everyone can improve, and this happens to be an area he can improve.

Part of that is true.

But I don't think it's an improvement to lose one's sense of humour.

Cuz then we start to get into the whole:
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii134/Midane/why-so-serious.png

Latrinsorm
07-21-2009, 05:33 PM
It's not a question of humor, though. c.f. the following post: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=970842&postcount=11

radamanthys
07-21-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm meaning 'sense of humour' as the opposite of seriousness.

Bhuryn
07-21-2009, 05:42 PM
It's a good thing that words will never be anything more then words.

Bobrobertbobson
07-21-2009, 06:32 PM

I don't expect to convince anyone, but I disagree about words not mattering. For what it's worth, here are some reasons why I think words matter. The third and fourth reasons below are particularly relevant to hateful speech about a particular group:

A) Some speech is an action. Saying "you're fired," saying "I do" at a wedding, or "you've got a deal" when negotiating a contract.

B) Some speech is criminal. "Fighting words," slander, libel, disclosure of state or corporate secrets, verbal threats of imminent harm (this is assault at common law), incitement, etc.

C) Words affect people. "I don't love you anymore" from a spouse, "I'm going to kill you" when it sounds sincere... these aren't just random sounds in the wind.

D) Words often precede action. "I'm about to get the mail" is usually followed by the mail. "You take that back, or you'll regret it" is often followed by a fight.

If you don't take hostile words and threats seriously, you risk being caught off guard if violence follows. As a Jew, I take this very seriously since in the last decade (not just 60 years ago) a Jewish nursery school shooting happened near where I live, a Jewish agency was bombed in Seattle, a Holocaust museum shooting happened in D.C., and I could go on. These things sometimes make the news in the United States, but they're commonplace in Europe. European friends and relatives have dealt with slurs AND violence, and the two are not unrelated.

Contrary to what many people on these forums seem to think, I have a sense of humor. I'm not whining that someone called me a bad word. I'm a big boy, and I know sticks and stones blah blah blah. I'm not that easily hurt. Rather, I think some words are meant to hurt people, and are therefore unkind to use. If someone wants to be a jerk they are free to do so. It just pisses me off to hear them rationalizing how their meanness is actually humor, and that the ones with the problem are those who don't like hurtful speech.

/rant

Methais
07-21-2009, 06:36 PM
I don't expect to convince anyone, but I disagree about words not mattering. For what it's worth, here are some reasons why I think words matter. The third and fourth reasons below are particularly relevant to hateful speech about a particular group:

A) Some speech is an action. Saying "you're fired," saying "I do" at a wedding, or "you've got a deal" when negotiating a contract.

B) Some speech is criminal. "Fighting words," slander, libel, disclosure of state or corporate secrets, verbal threats of imminent harm (this is assault at common law), incitement, etc.

C) Words affect people. "I don't love you anymore" from a spouse, "I'm going to kill you" when it sounds sincere... these aren't just random sounds in the wind.

D) Words often precede action. "I'm about to get the mail" is usually followed by the mail. "You take that back, or you'll regret it" is often followed by a fight.

If you don't take hostile words and threats seriously, you risk being caught off guard if violence follows. As a Jew, I take this very seriously since in the last decade (not just 60 years ago) a Jewish nursery school shooting happened near where I live, a Jewish agency was bombed in Seattle, a Holocaust museum shooting happened in D.C., and I could go on. These things sometimes make the news in the United States, but they're commonplace in Europe. European friends and relatives have dealt with slurs AND violence, and the two are not unrelated.

Contrary to what many people on these forums seem to think, I have a sense of humor. I'm not whining that someone called me a bad word. I'm a big boy, and I know sticks and stones blah blah blah. I'm not that easily hurt. Rather, I think some words are meant to hurt people, and are therefore unkind to use. If someone wants to be a jerk they are free to do so. It just pisses me off to hear them rationalizing how their meanness is actually humor, and that the ones with the problem are those who don't like hurtful speech.

/rant

Which one does YOU'RE A BIG STUPIDHEAD fall under?

Bobrobertbobson
07-21-2009, 06:43 PM

I think it's under your Mom, much like I was last night.

Warriorbird
07-21-2009, 06:44 PM

Yep. It allows the Internet. You can say all the stuff you're petrified to normally and the views that you really feel but are too scared to admit.

Getting butthurt over stuff is sort of pathetic... it's the Internet... but saying offensive stuff doesn't make you all that thrilling either.

Bhuryn
07-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Well I had: "If you get offended your just as pathetic as the person saying it." but I there are apparently some people in the thread that don't get it.

Oh and:

Warriorbird: I do, you gotta Deal, Your fired, I'm going to kill you, I hate you, I'm going to get your mail.

Unfortunatly tomorrow we won't be married, you won't have a new car, you will still have a job, you will still be alive, I donno how i'll feel about you and your mail will still be in your mailbox. Why? Because words are just words without action.

Warriorbird
07-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Of course. I've said some perfectly reprehensible stuff on the Internet.

Stanley Burrell
07-21-2009, 08:43 PM

http://www.frankichan.com/website/ohsnap.gif

http://hplolz.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/mcgonagall-dailyprophet.jpg

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/funny-pictures-cats-would-snap-if-they-had-thumbs.jpg

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/1586/aidsinafricaki1.jpg

radamanthys
07-21-2009, 08:49 PM
[/img]http://www.frankichan.com/website/ohsnap.gif[/img]

[/img]http://hplolz.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/mcgonagall-dailyprophet.jpg[/img]

[/img]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/funny-pictures-cats-would-snap-if-they-had-thumbs.jpg[/img]

[/img]http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/1586/aidsinafricaki1.jpg[/img]

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/political-pictures-obama-get-the-f-out-oh-snap.jpg

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/06/11/pew%20pew.gif
pew pew pew

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Part of that is true.

But I don't think it's an improvement to lose one's sense of humour.

What you consider humor, other's consider a severe lack of social grace.

Saying you were "jewed", or blatantly associating greed with Jews, laziness with Hispanics ... and a myriad of similar racial epithets isn't humor. They're not jokes, there are no punch lines. They're just slurs meant to defame.

Hulkein
07-22-2009, 09:21 AM
I find a lot of racial epithets pretty funny. Especially the ones associated with my background. Many a funny joke has been cracked because of someone's race.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 09:25 AM
There's a distinct difference between a racial epithet and a racial joke.

Also, one person finding humor in cracks about his/her own heritage isn't license to let racial slurs about others fly with indifference.

Hulkein
07-22-2009, 09:57 AM
So making a money joke about a Jew is different than an alcohol joke about an Irishman how?

diethx
07-22-2009, 10:02 AM
So making a money joke about a Jew is different than an alcohol joke about an Irishman how?

Tsa'ah is Jewish and not Irish, duh.

Anebriated
07-22-2009, 10:11 AM
So my buddy and I were playing NCAA Football '10 last night and he was all like "yo man, grab the black controller" and I was all like "man whys it always gotta be about color?".

Fallen
07-22-2009, 10:36 AM
I find a lot of racial epithets pretty funny. Especially the ones associated with my background. Many a funny joke has been cracked because of someone's race.

Part of the humor of it is how ignorant the epithets and racially driven comments are. Just like Lolcats. In my mind, many of those comments are along the same lines of humor as saying U R DUM. It is almost a form of self-depreciating humor. The people getting so wrapped up in such statements, most especially when they are obviously given for comedic value alone are far more racially/ethnically centered than those just out to get a laugh.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
07-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Part of the humor of it is how ignorant the epithets and racially driven comments are. Just like Lolcats. In my mind with many of those comments it is along the same lines of humor as saying U R DUM.

This, exactly.

If you think it's true, you wouldn't find it to be any more funny than "1+1=2".

That's pretty much why Borat's antisemitism was so hilarious. It was so over the top ignorant and stupid that you can't help but laugh at that, not because "Yeah throwing Jews down a well is an awesome idea!"

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 10:39 AM

You're forgetting what I said.

A joke is one thing ... especially if meant in jest. To say you were jewed is a completely different situation. It's not humor.

Anebriated
07-22-2009, 10:41 AM
I have a jewish friend who says he gets jewed or calls someone else a jew all the time.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 10:43 AM
I have a jewish friend who says he gets jewed or calls someone else a jew all the time.

So that example excuses everything?

Anebriated
07-22-2009, 10:46 AM
No but you said its not humor and my jewish friend would beg to differ. Everything comes down to intent and interpretation. If either party, the giving and receiving end, takes it the wrong way then you have a bad situation. If both parties are light hearted enough to not take stupid shit seriously then its fine.

Fallen
07-22-2009, 10:47 AM
This, exactly.

If you think it's true, you wouldn't find it to be any more funny than "1+1=2".

That's pretty much why Borat's antisemitism was so hilarious. It was so over the top ignorant and stupid that you can't help but laugh at that, not because "Yeah throwing Jews down a well is an awesome idea!"

Exactly. You're laughing at the ridiculousness of someone seriously holding those viewpoints.

ElvenFury
07-22-2009, 10:47 AM

No, but it shows that you're making blanket statements that aren't accurate in all cases. I don't believe that words are NEVER hurtful or wrong, but I do think that offensive things can be said for the sake of humor. And I believe that's what goes on here at the PC.

Bhuryn
07-22-2009, 10:51 AM

Why would anyone need to excuse anything? It's just words. Stop reading if you don't like what's written. Don't associate with people if you don't like what they have to say.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 10:55 AM
No but you said its not humor and my jewish friend would beg to differ. Everything comes down to intent and interpretation. If either party, the giving and receiving end, takes it the wrong way then you have a bad situation. If both parties are light hearted enough to not take stupid shit seriously then its fine.

I can accept that without problem. But your stances hinges upon two parties in agreement.

Using the term "jewed" with someone you didn't know, or didn't intimately know would indicate abject indifference, not humor.

Bhuryn
07-22-2009, 10:57 AM
I can accept that without problem. But your stances hinges upon two parties in agreement.

Using the term "jewed" with someone you didn't know, or didn't intimately know would indicate abject indifference, not humor.

Which is fine, I don't have to care about your feelings. That's what your missing. People don't have a responsibility to ensure your feelings aren't hurt and you don't have any right to dictate that they do.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Which is fine, I don't have to care about your feelings. That's what your missing. People don't have a responsibility to ensure your feelings aren't hurt and you don't have any right to dictate that they do.

This is what we refer to as a cop-out.

Bhuryn
07-22-2009, 11:07 AM

Feel free to explain how that's a cop-out if you would? I'd say your response is more of a cop-out.

RichardCranium
07-22-2009, 11:09 AM

It's what we refer to as the real world.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
07-22-2009, 11:12 AM

If by cop-out you mean "reality", sure!

Bhuryn
07-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Prejudice on the PC 07-22-2009 10:03 AM it's called civility

Ha, no, civility is having the right to live my life without some nancy browbeating me every time I make a potentially "hurtful" statement. Everything is perspective of course, so it's likely everything I say might be hurtful to someone. Thanks, but I'll stick with my original statement.

Fallen
07-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Quote:

Ha, no, civility is having the right to live my life without some nancy browbeating me every time I make a potentially "hurtful" statement. Everything is perspective of course, so it's likely everything I say might be hurtful to someone. Thanks, but I'll stick with my original statement.

I find it amusing that the guy who neg repped you to chastise your lack of "civility" is also likely among those arguing for their god given right to be a complete dick to the police without repercussion. Don't you?

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Feel free to explain how that's a cop-out if you would? I'd say your response is more of a cop-out.

When you say it's not your responsibility to ensure other people don't get their feelings hurt, you are essentially saying you're not responsible for the words that come out of your mouth. You are placing responsibility on the target, be it direct or indirect, of your words.

That's a cop-out.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Quote:

I find it amusing that the guy who neg repped you to chastise your lack of "civility" is also likely among those arguing for their god given right to be a complete dick to the police without repercussion. Don't you?

I find it amusing that you assume I repped him. I didn't.

Why would I neg rep someone participating in civil discourse ... why wouldn't I sign it?

And if you want to jump topic ... I urge you not to fall into PB's footsteps of inability to comprehend.

RichardCranium
07-22-2009, 11:31 AM
When you say it's not your responsibility to ensure other people don't get their feelings hurt, you are essentially saying you're not responsible for the words that come out of your mouth. You are placing responsibility on the target, be it direct or indirect, of your words.

That's a cop-out.

Swing and a miss.

diethx
07-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Quote:

Yeah Tsa'ah is on a neg-repping bender today for those who make him realize he's wrong, which might shatter his world.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Who have I repped?

Maybe you should read a bit more before making a bigger ass of yourself while trolling.

diethx
07-22-2009, 11:37 AM
You must've been offended that I called Jewish a religion and not a race. :(

I'm sorry, i'll try to be more civil in the future.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Swing and a miss.

Elaborate.

RichardCranium
07-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Elaborate.

Of course you're responsible for the words you speak. You are not, however, responsible for they way others choose to percieve and/or act in response to your words. If you don't like what someone has to say then act accordingly but it is not their responsibility to ensure that anything out of their mouth is okay with you before they speak it. There's no cop-out to it, only cause and effect.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 11:44 AM
You must've been offended that I called Jewish a religion and not a race. :(

I'm sorry, i'll try to be more civil in the future.

The last time I repped you was to send back your rep comment signed, as a display of your lie.

diethx
07-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Ok, rep me right now (neg or pos, I don't care) and i'll admit that I was wrong.

I also love how in your twisted mind a lie = a mistake.

Bhuryn
07-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Elaborate.

I hate the Yankees -- Deep, seeded hatred. Just hearing people talk about the Yankees makes me angry. That doesn't mean I have the right to tell them not to talk about the Yankees. It doesn't mean the Yankee fans have a responsibility to all the sudden hate the Yankees to, or to respect my wishes and not talk about them when I'm around, cover up their jerseys, etc. Managing my feelings is my responsibility, not theirs. If that requires me not being around them, that's on me, not them. To them, talking about the Yankees isn't offensive.

I realize that is somewhat of a long run from a baseball team to race/color/creed/nationality, but the idea still holds up. Something that is not offensive to me might be offensive to you. It's not my responsibility to know that.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Of course you're responsible for the words you speak. You are not, however, responsible for they way others choose to percieve and/or act in response to your words. If you don't like what someone has to say then act accordingly but it is not their responsibility to ensure that anything out of their mouth is okay with you before they speak it. There's no cop-out to it, only cause and effect.

You're suggesting it's not your fault if someone gets offended when you say you were "jewed" ... I disagree.

You choose your words with full knowledge that they may be percieved as offensive.

That's not to say you should carefully calculate each thing you say to mitigate the possibility of offense being taken, but it does imply that there are things in your vocabulary that are likely to be offensive because of the nature of it's usage.

You don't stop a black person in the street by saying "My nigger" and suggest they get a sense of humor when they take offense.

Fallen
07-22-2009, 11:50 AM
I find it amusing that you assume I repped him. I didn't.

Why would I neg rep someone participating in civil discourse ... why wouldn't I sign it?

And if you want to jump topic ... I urge you not to fall into PB's footsteps of inability to comprehend.

...Jumping to conclusions, me? You aren't the only one arguing in that thread. Nowhere in my post did I single you out by anything but gender.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 11:53 AM
I hate the Yankees -- Deep, seeded hatred. Just hearing people talk about the Yankees makes me angry. That doesn't mean I have the right to tell them not to talk about the Yankees. It doesn't mean the Yankee fans have a responsibility to all the sudden hate the Yankees to, or to respect my wishes and not talk about them when I'm around, cover up their jerseys, etc. Managing my feelings is my responsibility, not theirs. If that requires me not being around them, that's on me, not them. To them, talking about the Yankees isn't offensive.

I realize that is somewhat of a long run from a baseball team to race/color/creed/nationality, but the idea still holds up. Something that is not offensive to me might be offensive to you. It's not my responsibility to know that.

No, you're stretching.

I'm referring to racial epithets. If someone gets offended over your opinion of a baseball team ... that is their problem.

If a Jew gets pissed because you say you were "Jewed" ... well that isn't their problem.

Anebriated
07-22-2009, 11:53 AM
well that brings up another point of what is ok in front of friends(RL or those on PC) might not be the best thing to say in front of a stranger. Thats where intelligence comes in to find the thin line between appropriate and inappropriate in any given setting.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Ok, rep me right now (neg or pos, I don't care) and i'll admit that I was wrong.

I also love how in your twisted mind a lie = a mistake.

How can I neg rep you now when I haven't repeed enough people to even get back to you.

diethx
07-22-2009, 11:54 AM
How can I neg rep you now when I haven't repeed enough people to even get back to you.

Yah huh. ;)

Warriorbird
07-22-2009, 11:56 AM

I thought you could choose sports teams.

You're also arguing for no moral responsibility or consideration for your actions.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 11:57 AM
...Jumping to conclusions, me? You aren't the only one arguing in that thread. Nowhere in my post did I single you out by anything but gender.

Whatever boner. Who else, at this point, is participating in the discussion

Don't be that guy.

RichardCranium
07-22-2009, 11:58 AM
No, you're stretching.

I'm referring to racial epithets. If someone gets offended over your opinion of a baseball team ... that is their problem.

If a Jew gets pissed because you say you were "Jewed" ... well that isn't their problem.

Yes it is.

Fallen
07-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Whatever boner. Who else, at this point, is participating in the discussion

Don't be that guy.

Yeah, because no one else is reading this thread but those actively participating in it. And no one...NO ONE, randomly reps people for comments they make. Just let it go, man. You made a mistake, which was hilarious because you were accusing me of doing something that you were actually doing, but it's cool. You'll just look like an ass who can't cop to his own fuck ups if you keep arguing.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Yah huh. ;)

You have been a raging twat from the start.

I'll tell you what ... I give Kranar permission to verify that I did or did not rep you past my pointing out your bold faced lie.

Go troll elsewhere fire crotch.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
You don't stop a black person in the street by saying "My nigger" and suggest they get a sense of humor when they take offense.

You could.

I would make a comment that doing so may get you shot a few times depending on your location and the socio-economic work down of the area, but that would be racist and I wouldn't want to offend anyone!!1

But I digress.

No, you really are not held responsible for how other people take what you say. A black guy who shoots a white guy for saying "nigger" likely won't be let off the hook for assault because "the white guy was being insensitive!". Freedom of speech and all that.

Warriorbird
Yes it is.

So... you wander around Louisiana and drop the n word all the time? Somehow I think not.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Yeah, because no one else is reading this thread but those actively participating in it. And no one...NO ONE, randomly reps people for comments they make. Just let it go, man. You made a mistake, which was hilarious because you were accusing me of doing something that you were actually doing, but it's cool. You'll just look like an ass who can't cop to his own fuck ups if you keep arguing.

I have probably given rep less than 40 times since the system was implemented. I rarely hit the rep button ... and when I do, It's signed (though I'm sure I've forgotten maybe 5-6 times).

Dude, you pulled your foot out of your ass and shoved it in your mouth ... live with it and stop trying to cover the gaping hole you left in your ass as a result.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 12:04 PM
You could.

I would make a comment that doing so may get you shot a few times depending on your location and the socio-economic work down of the area, but that would be racist and I wouldn't want to offend anyone!!1

But I digress.

No, you really are not held responsible for how other people take what you say. A black guy who shoots a white guy for saying "nigger" likely won't be let off the hook for assault because "the white guy was being insensitive!". Freedom of speech and all that.

We're not talking about assault over words, we're talking about offense.

To suggest that a white guy calling a black guy "nigger" isn't responsible for the offense taken ... is absurd.

MrTastyHead
07-22-2009, 12:05 PM
So... you wander around Louisiana and drop the n word all the time? Somehow I think not.

Well they're just racist on the internet, which is why it's ok!

Mighty Nikkisaurus

I don't think you know what that means.

Fallen
I have probably given rep less than 40 times since the system was implemented. I rarely hit the rep button ... and when I do, It's signed (though I'm sure I've forgotten maybe 5-6 times).

Dude, you pulled your foot out of your ass and shoved it in your mouth ... live with it and stop trying to cover the gaping hole you left in your ass as a result.

I am shocked and astounded you couldn't cop to your mistake, and that you would continue to pointlessly argue the obvious. Really, it blows my mind that you, Tsa'ah..of all people would do that.

Oh wait.

Does ANYONE here like this douche bag? Seriously.

Bhuryn
No, you're stretching.

But here's the problem. The person saying it doesn't think it's their problem either. So, we are at an impasse then so what do we do? The person saying it won't stop (since they don't see a problem with it) and the person offended by it won't accept it... Only one side of this equation has a problem.

So all you can do is let them know "hey that offends me!". If the other party doesn't care if it offends you, or doesn't think it should offend you what then? There's that pesky perception again.

:thinking:

diethx
07-22-2009, 12:06 PM
You have been a raging twat from the start.

I'll tell you what ... I give Kranar permission to verify that I did or did not rep you past my pointing out your bold faced lie.

Oh noes, the pain. The paaaiaianianianain.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
07-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Oh noes, the pain. The paaaiaianianianain.

Why didn't you tell me you're a red head?!

AnticorRifling
07-22-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm going to need pics to verify the fire crotch accusations.

diethx
07-22-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm going to need pics to verify the fire crotch accusations.

I don't have any pics with pubic hair!

AnticorRifling
07-22-2009, 12:11 PM
I don't have any pics with pubic hair! Fine, send me the shaved ones too. I'm not picky.

Cephalopod
I don't have any pics with pubic hair!

Shaved pics are fine, then.

EDIT: Dammit, beaten by a minute.

diethx
AHahahahahahaha. You're both so cute.

Bhuryn
Let me toss a thought out there:

Is there a difference between using words (like "jewed") within the confines of normal communication and using the words (like "jewed") with the express purpose to offend someone?

I think there is.

RichardCranium
07-22-2009, 12:12 PM

No, and I'm not saying that it's right or acceptable. I'm saying that people have the right to do so regardless of other's feelings but that they have to deal with the consequences.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
07-22-2009, 12:13 PM
We're not talking about assault over words, we're talking about offense.

To suggest that a white guy calling a black guy "nigger" isn't responsible for the offense taken ... is absurd.

If the white guy doesn't give a shit, then yeah.. they aren't responsible because you can't force someone to feel responsibility. It's a choice that they do or don't.

Also, what the fuck is the point of arbitrarily assigning "responsibility" to who hurt who's feelings if obviously one or both of the parties involved have no inclination to agree with you on that, let alone to rectify the situation or make it any different?

It's a self-masturbatory attempt to say "Look how fucking EVOLVED I am!" and ultimately, absolutely stupid.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 12:13 PM
But here's the problem. The person saying it doesn't think it's their problem either. So, we are at an impasse then so what do we do? The person saying it won't stop (since they don't see a problem with it) and the person offended by it won't accept it... Only one side of this equation has a problem.

So all you can do is let them know "hey that offends me!". If the other party doesn't care if it offends you, or doesn't think it should offend you what then? There's that pesky perception again.

:thinking:

I'll readily agree that it is the problem of the party that finds something offensive when it doesn't have to do with a person's race, gender, sexual orientation and a few other areas.

If a person becomes offended because I say Texas sucks ass and should probably just fall into the gulf ... that's their problem.

If I'm an Asian guy reading the paper on a park bench and a white guy calls me a gook in passing ... you're suggesting that my being offended is somehow my fault and not the guy spewing racial slurs.

That's absurd.

MrTastyHead
07-22-2009, 12:15 PM
If you know that a word carries enough weight that you could use it with the express purpose to offend somebody there is no reason for it to be a part of normal communication.

diethx
07-22-2009, 12:16 PM
If you know that a word carries enough weight that you could use it with the express purpose to offend somebody there is no reason for it to be a part of normal communication.

http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Let me toss a thought out there:

Is there a difference between using words (like "jewed") within the confines of normal communication and using the words (like "jewed") with the express purpose to offend someone?

I think there is.

If it's a conversation with someone you know, providing a bystander doesn't catch it.

It's a racial slur .... if you want to toss them around with people you know and there's no chance of someone outside the conversation becoming offended, well that's between you and your friend.

To suggest that the word has a non-offensive meaning ... I can't keep myself from saying it a third time ... absurd.

MrTastyHead
07-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Facepalm all you want. It's easier to ignore than arguments as to why racism is ok.

AnticorRifling
07-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Beef Wellington. That is all.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Beef Wellington. That is all.

You sir ... are just awesome.

diethx
07-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Facepalm all you want. It's easier to ignore than arguments as to why racism is ok.

Dude, you made the stupidest statement in the entire thread. ANYTHING can carry enough weight to offend someone. Especially these days when people take everything so fucking seriously. You could call someone Catholic and offend them, so you can't use the word Catholic in every day conversation? That's why your statement is so fucking retardedly stupid.

Fallen
07-22-2009, 12:20 PM

Show me someone that has done that on the PC. I would like to see an example of someone using a racial/ethnic slur with the "express purpose to offend somebody". That is the whole argument in this thread. No one is repeatedly slinging the N word at Daniel, or calling Tsa'ah a dirty J. Why? Because no one here is racist. People are getting more offended at the words themselves than by them being used to belittle somebody.

Bhuryn
07-22-2009, 12:21 PM

I guess we should just all stop communicating then, since pretty much anything could be offensive to someone. Again, it's not my responsibility to manage your feelings.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Show me someone that has done that on the PC. I would like to see an example of someone using a racial/ethnic slur with the "express purpose to offend somebody". That is the whole argument in this thread. No one is repeatedly slinging the N word at Daniel, or calling Tsa'ah a dirty J. Why? Because no one here is racist. People are getting more offended at the words themselves than by them being used to belittle somebody.

It has been done in the past, and I can point out a few select uses of "fag" less than a month old.

I don't think most of the people posting on this forum are racists or bigots, but you can't be all inclusive ... we have them.

By and large it's just abject indifference.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
07-22-2009, 12:24 PM

Thank you.

And the times that a word (not even racial, I mean stuff like "fat" and what not) is slung for the pure purpose of offending, the general consensus imany times is that the person who used the insult is stupid and doesn't have anything better to say, but the insultee is DEFINITELY considered stupid if they get wrung out of shape over such a transparent attempt to make them angry. If someone were to sling out just a racial slur in the middle of a debate, that wouldn't be "acceptable" to most posters and they'd be flamed to ash.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Thank you.

And the times that a word (not even racial, I mean stuff like "fat" and what not) is slung for the pure purpose of offending, the general consensus is usually that the person who used the insult is stupid and doesn't have anything better to say, but the insultee is DEFINITELY considered stupid if they get wrung out of shape over such a transparent attempt to make them angry. If someone were to sling out just a racial slur in the middle of a debate, that wouldn't be "acceptable" to most posters and they'd be flamed to ash.

This

ElvenFury
07-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Since when is "fag" a racial/ethnic slur? Also, I really can't resist the urge to offend Fallen; are there any good slurs for Faendryl?

Mighty Nikkisaurus
07-22-2009, 12:31 PM
This

I'm referring to the PC.

That doesn't mean the insultee has free license to get butthurt. I stand by what I said that those who are easily offended are fucking stupid.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Since when is "fag" a racial/ethnic slur? Also, I really can't resist the urge to offend Fallen; are there any good slurs for Faendryl?

No one said it was.

Why would you call a person a fag, or refer to something as fagotry?

Mighty Nikkisaurus
07-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Also, I really can't resist the urge to offend Fallen; are there any good slurs for Faendryl?

LMFAO

I don't know if this was intentional or not, but I don't really care.

And I'm honestly not sure if he's really offendable.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm referring to the PC.

That doesn't mean the insultee has free license to get butthurt. I stand by what I said that those who are easily offended are fucking stupid.

So you're suggesting that Dan or Dev shouldn't get offended if someone is tossing the word "nigger" around in a thread?

You're suggesting shouldn't be offended if someone is posting about getting "jewed", or suggesting every jew is greedy?

ElvenFury
07-22-2009, 12:38 PM
No one said it was.

Why would you call a person a fag, or refer to something as fagotry?

Who said I would?

Fallen stated that people don't use racial/ethnic slurs to offend on the PC, and you responded that people have used "fag". I was wondering if you were grasping at straws, or if you're just dumb.

I also agree with Nikki's statements on offending/being offended.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
07-22-2009, 12:38 PM
So you're suggesting that Dan or Dev shouldn't get offended if someone is tossing the word "nigger" around in a thread?

You're suggesting shouldn't be offended if someone is posting about getting "jewed", or suggesting every jew is greedy?

Yeah, I think if they flipped out they'd be absolutely stupid to do so.

If it's out of ignorance, educate or ignore. If it's because they're trying to be inflammatory, then good going, you just gave them the reaction they wanted and encouraged them to continue doing it in the future.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Who said I would?

Fallen stated that people don't use racial/ethnic slurs to offend on the PC, and you responded that people have used "fag". I was wondering if you were grasping at straws, or if you're just dumb.

I also agree with Nikki's statements on offending/being offended.

To me, fag or gay being used in a disparaging manner are no different than racial epithets.

Straw grasping, nor stupidity, had anything to do with it ... or are you attempting to push this past civil?

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I think if they flipped out they'd be absolutely stupid to do so.

If it's out of ignorance, educate or ignore. If it's because they're trying to be inflammatory, then good going, you just gave them the reaction they wanted and encouraged them to continue doing it in the future.

Does that expempt your responses to PB?

I'm not trying to be an ass ... but you've been more than willing to indulge him when he pulls out his bullshit.

Parkbandit
07-22-2009, 12:46 PM

I'm not trying to be an ass ... but you've been more than willing to indulge him when he pulls out his bullshit.

Seriously Shit4Brains.. learn how to read and write English.

And you don't have to try to be an ass, that is something that comes far too natural to you.

PS - OMG U R HUMPING MY LEG!!!

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Dude ... I'm not interested.

Parkbandit
07-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Dude ... I'm not interested.

It's because I like the ladies.

I understand.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Whatever amuses you troll boy. Just let it all out.

MrTastyHead
07-22-2009, 12:52 PM
We're obviously talking about things that large groups of people find offensive, i.e. racial slurs, and not normal things that select people find offensive for weird reasons. Going around saying things like "you were jewed" or "he is such a fag" is, to me, unacceptable and there is no reason for it. The sentiment could be better expressed without using terms that are, whether you all like to admit it or not, hateful words that have negative connotations.

Saying anybody can be offended by anything is just avoiding the point. Everybody here knows what words have a history of hatred and often violence behind them.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
07-22-2009, 12:55 PM

Quit being an idiot. Do you mean to say I indulge him by saying "Lol, is that really all you've got?" and things in that vein?

Call me crazy but flipping out is more Ratolin style (see my sig), or even just "omg u guyz r so mean! u r a heartless bastard! :cry: ", woe is me, victim crap.

Bhuryn
07-22-2009, 12:55 PM
We're obviously talking about things that large groups of people find offensive, i.e. racial slurs, and not normal things that select people find offensive for weird reasons. Going around saying things like "you were jewed" or "he is such a fag" is, to me, unacceptable and there is no reason for it. The sentiment could be better expressed without using terms that are, whether you all like to admit it or not, hateful words that have negative connotations.

Saying anybody can be offended by anything is just avoiding the point. Everybody here knows what words have a history of hatred and often violence behind them.

It doesn't change the fact that that person STILL doesn't have a responsibility to manage your feelings. If you don't like it then walk away.

CrystalTears
07-22-2009, 01:02 PM
This thread is full of facepalm moments, but I don't know if that's a good or bad thing yet.

Let's get this out on the table for n00bs. The PC has generally been a place where you come in with your fists up just in case. You arrive with thin skin and cry at birthday parties and you walk out made out of wood and go into bars and watch sailors run out.

To come HERE of all places crying about being offended should be kicked. If you can't handle it, GTFO. There are four corners for you to cry in, pick one. There ARE times that someone gets butthurt over a mean word used, and guess what, you get over it because you realize it's stupid to care about what some stranger just said to you on an online forum.

People comment constantly to me about being Cuban and I laugh it off. According to our Google and cop-bashing expert, I should be offended. But no, I consider the source and/or how it was stated. Most times it is said in jest. I think only once something was said to intentionally be hurtful and I was not even the one to point out how fucking assholish it was to say in the first place.

Source and intent is everything. If you don't even know the fucker who called you a twink, what the hell do you care?

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 01:12 PM
And the trolls just come out of the wood work. I just love how a few examples of my not accepting police bullshit turns me into a cop basher ... get the fuck over yourself and get a real fucking insult.

Yay for you that you didn't get insulted by Cuban jokes. Do you want a fucking party? Are you THE fucking representative of all Cubans?

Your description of the PC is what it has evolved into ... YOU were on the front lines of editing and deleting half of the shit that gets posted on this current incarnation.

Yes people need to come here with thick skins ... because it's perfectly acceptable to rip into someone's intellect ... not their race, not their sexuality.

Just because it happens doesn't mean it's ok, that it's acceptable. Maybe people that find offense to these sort of slurs aren't the ones that need to GTFO.

Facepalm yourself into a fucking coma and spare us the bullshit.

AnticorRifling
07-22-2009, 01:14 PM
This thread is full of facepalm moments, but I don't know if that's a good or bad thing yet.

Let's get this out on the table for n00bs. The PC has generally been a place where you come in with your fists up just in case. You arrive with thin skin and cry at birthday parties and you walk out made out of wood and go into bars and watch sailors run out.

To come HERE of all places crying about being offended should be kicked. If you can't handle it, GTFO. There are four corners for you to cry in, pick one. There ARE times that someone gets butthurt over a mean word used, and guess what, you get over it because you realize it's stupid to care about what some stranger just said to you on an online forum.

People comment constantly to me about being Cuban and I laugh it off. According to our Google and cop-bashing expert, I should be offended. But no, I consider the source and/or how it was stated. Most times it is said in jest. I think only once something was said to intentionally be hurtful and I was not even the one to point out how fucking assholish it was to say in the first place.

Source and intent is everything. If you don't even know the fucker who called you a twink, what the hell do you care?

Cuban?

I thought we agreed to refer to them as ship wrecked mexicans....

Mighty Nikkisaurus
07-22-2009, 01:14 PM
I sense some hostility towards CT..

CrystalTears
07-22-2009, 01:15 PM
And the trolls just come out of the wood work. I just love how a few examples of my not accepting police bullshit turns me into a cop basher ... get the fuck over yourself and get a real fucking insult.

Yay for you that you didn't get insulted by Cuban jokes. Do you want a fucking party? Are you THE fucking representative of all Cubans?

Your description of the PC is what it has evolved into ... YOU were on the front lines of editing and deleting half of the shit that gets posted on this current incarnation.

Yes people need to come here with thick skins ... because it's perfectly acceptable to rip into someone's intellect ... not their race, not their sexuality.

Just because it happens doesn't mean it's ok, that it's acceptable. Maybe people that find offense to these sort of slurs aren't the ones that need to GTFO.

Facepalm yourself into a fucking coma and spare us the bullshit.
Speaking of getting easily offended by words...

1) I am the Cuban PC rep, thankyouverymuch.
2) What does me having been an admin for the forums have to do with this? If I remember correctly, you were a super mod who went delete-happy because you didn't like someone. Hypocrite much?
3) Yes it has evolved into a thick skin environment. People choose to be a part of it knowing what it is and then are surprised when it happens to them? Really? It's like signing up to go into a boxing ring and then being shocked that they were punched in the face.
4) You have been the biggest troll here, especially this trip, however it occurs everytime you show up, and yet you have the balls to call other people trolls. It's like you come back from these "vacations" just to prove to us that you're still fucking retarded. Don't worry, we know, we haven't forgotten.

AnticorRifling
07-22-2009, 01:15 PM
I sense some hostility towards CT.. Yeah fuck Connecticut.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
07-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Yeah fuck Connecticut.

Connecticut is for fucking and getting lost.

CrystalTears
07-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Cuban?

I thought we agreed to refer to them as ship wrecked mexicans....
:lol: Damn you!

ElvenFury
07-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Wasn't it that dirty liberal, Voltaire, who said, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."?

Mighty Nikkisaurus
07-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Wasn't it that dirty liberal, Voltaire, who said, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."?

ACTUALLY.. that's an interpretation on Voltaire's philosophy.

AnticorRifling
07-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Reference "A Taste of Freedom" is the fifth episode of the fourth production season of Futurama. Old Man Waterfall says it best, then requests a satanic burial.

Methais
07-22-2009, 02:23 PM

Fag.

Methais
07-22-2009, 02:24 PM

Am I supposed to get offended when someone says wop or guinea since I'm Italian? Because I don't.

Am I doing it wrong?

Should we all be offended anytime someone uses the word "nerd" because we're all gamers?

Serious questions.

Hulkein
07-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Tsa`ah, if you're so upset from people using the term Jew, send a memo out to your fellow brethren telling them to lighten up the purse strings you greedy bastard.

Fallen
07-22-2009, 02:31 PM

Mission accomplished. See Custom title.

Methais
07-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Dhe'nari sorcerer is a slur?

ElvenFury
07-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Mission accomplished. See Custom title.

:rofl: Is it too late to claim that I did that on purpose? Bah, who am I kidding? You darkies all look alike to me.

Fallen
07-22-2009, 02:37 PM
:rofl: Is it too late to claim that I did that on purpose? Bah, who am I kidding? You darkies all look alike to me.

I figured it was a 50/50 chance you were being clever. ALWAYS BET ON BLACK!

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 02:57 PM

The quote is attributed to Voltaire, but he never wrote anything that resembles said quote ... that we know of.

You are correct in your summation of "dirty liberal". At least to the effect of Voltaire being lib for white Europeans. To anyone else he was a supremist who believed blacks were inferior and born to be slaves .... and that's before we get to the raging anti-Semitism.

Tsa`ah
07-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Tsa`ah, if you're so upset from people using the term Jew, send a memo out to your fellow brethren telling them to lighten up the purse strings you greedy bastard.

lol