PDA

View Full Version : Icemule.

Betheny
03-01-2004, 10:29 AM
I rather like it.

I go out of my way to be nice to people up here.

I'm talking, I cast them spells whenever they want, I go out of my way to help t hem when they're dead...

The thanks I get is no one has rescued me, once, since I got here, and I've died three times. Even when I announce where I'm going and whatknot.

The last straw for me was when I died today, and two people walkd past me without even stopping.

So I gave them an earful. Nothing fancy, just thanking them for their help and letting it be known I'm not going to play the town spell bitch if it isn't going to get me any help when I'm dead.

His excuse? "I was scripting from the Landing..."

I'm sorry... I don't nkow t he way any more than this guy probably does, yet I stop a goddamn script when I find a dead person. I had been outside the south gate popping boxes when I died.

Ungh.

Fallen
03-01-2004, 10:51 AM
What do you hunt there, M? I thought there was only relatively low level creatures running around there. Are you commuting from Pinefar?

Betheny
03-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Fallen
What do you hunt there, M? I thought there was only relatively low level creatures running around there. Are you commuting from Pinefar?

Heh.

It's not Maimara that's out there, it's Raveyna. Hunting the abandoned farm, or skeletal ice trolls... but I think I prefer the farm.

Fallen
03-01-2004, 11:00 AM
I liked the area alright when I was there, it just seemed people didnt give a damn one way or another.

Dighn was there for quite some time and could never get a response from anyone, especially at the Farm. I am pretty sure I will be dragging my new one out there as soon as he is ready, so I will be on the lookout for your character.

As for not being helped while dead, I cant help you. Departing on death is the standard for me. There will be no debts. I find it odd that you arent being rescued. Do you spend time in public places? I find that regardless of who you are, if people know your in town, auto-recuers will head out and grab you more often than not.

Betheny
03-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I don't mind departing. It just pisses me off when they come up to me and demand spells or what have you... yet t hey won't set a foot out of their south gate to rescue me when I die popping a box. I've only died hunting, once. I die mostly popping boxes.

So now I'm getting the third degree as to why I"m not casting guards for everyone. Probably because at least two of those wanting guards have walked past my dead body and not bothered to stop :)

Fallen
03-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Solution, NEVER spell anyone up.

I only gave out spells during invasions in which I planned to participate. I considered if I was going to use human shields they might as well have thick skin.

Latrinsorm
03-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Gives scripters a bad name. It's really not hard to pause a script.

Stunseed
03-01-2004, 01:34 PM
My Wizard is around there sometimes, I'll keep an ear out for you if I'm around.

Anebriated
03-01-2004, 01:43 PM
My warrior is there as well. And fallen, that is the best reason i have heard for spelling someone up in a long time.

Shari
03-03-2004, 03:56 PM
Icemule sucks.

Hanksbane
03-03-2004, 04:05 PM
Sorry, if i had known you were in Icemule I would have gone to look. I don't spend a lot of time in TC because there are several people who annoy the crap out of me.

If I notice a dead person when Im script travelling I stop the script. If I get lost I get lost, i have maps. I've had people stop for my dead carcass so, I try and do the same.

As for rescues in Icemule. Sometimes its hard to get rescued. Lots of places are hard to get to. But being outside Southgate and not getting rescued. That sucks. When I get back to town., I'll look out for you.

And yeah, I hate doing mass spells. Then people start thinking im a spell battery. No thanks. I'll spell if I feel like it. If people start buggin me for em and expect them? Screw that.

Drew2
03-03-2004, 04:38 PM
As you saw today, I can help you when you need it. Thanks to Stunseed. :thumbsup:

Stunseed
03-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Heh.

Vesi
03-03-2004, 04:51 PM
If I know someone is around Icemule and I see their name go up in lights, I'll try to find them. I haven't been around there lately because of the Spitfire. I'll keep an eye out also.

I remember a week or so ago I was scripting from the Landing and zipped past a deader and frantically started pushing Ctrl + Tab :rolleyes: (yeah... duh) I finally stopped my script and went back but the body was gone. I felt awful.