PDA

View Full Version : The Oscars

Edaarin
03-01-2004, 12:24 AM
Just some thoughts...

Billy Crystal had some funny zingers.
They need to stop showing so many closeups of Peter Jackson.
Charlize Theron in Monster killed any sex drive I had, possibly for several days.
Bill Murray sucks at life.
Ken Watanabe got screwed.
I punched one of my roommates because every time Pirates of the Carribean came up he would yell 'Arrrr!'
There was a guy with Elvis hair.
Watching presenters call people out is funny as shit.

And finally, women are completely, utterly insane and incomprehensible. Example: Charlize Theron when she was accepting her award.

EDIT: Thought of some more.

Sean Penn finally gets some recognition.
Bob Hope tribute was touching.
Peck as Atticus Finch was a great casting call.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by Edaarin]

Zeyrin
03-01-2004, 12:29 AM
I think any and all award shows suck. It's all about who can kiss the most and best ass if you ask me.

Hulkein
03-01-2004, 12:36 AM
<<Charlize Theron in Monster killed any sex drive I had, possibly for several days. >>

I don't know about you but when I saw her dressed up there it pretty much restored anything I lose from seeing her fat and ugly, lol.

Miss X
03-01-2004, 12:36 AM
Jack Black looked really hot.....

Hulkein
03-01-2004, 12:37 AM
Hah, Jack Black is hysterical. If you've never listened to the Tenacious D cd then I recommend getting on that quickly

03-01-2004, 12:43 AM
You sat around and watched the oscars with your guy friends?

imported_Kranar
03-01-2004, 01:38 AM
I am very dissapointed that Lost in Translation did not win for best picture.

True, Lord of the Rings was a decent movie, but the only reason it won isn't because it's the best movie but because because it hasn't won in the past 3 years so they figured it would be a complete insult to not award it.

Vesi
03-01-2004, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Kranar
I am very dissapointed that Lost in Translation did not win for best picture.

True, Lord of the Rings was a decent movie, but the only reason it won isn't because it's the best movie but because because it hasn't won in the past 3 years so they figured it would be a complete insult to not award it.

It needed like it's own catagory. Best Movie Trilogy Shown Over Three Years.

It would have been an insult not to award it. Shame... there were so many good ones.

Vesi

ThisOtherKingdom
03-01-2004, 01:47 AM
Who hasn't listened to Tenacious D at this point?

HarmNone
03-01-2004, 01:49 AM
I agree, Vesi. There were so many great movies and wonderful performances, to choose just one as the best in any category had to be very difficult.

HarmNone

Edaarin
03-01-2004, 02:02 AM
I saw Lost in Translation on DVD. I want my damn $15 back, worst movie ever. About the highlight of the movie they showed, which was where the guy starts babbling and then Bill Murray goes, "He said all that just to say, More intensity?" and the Japanese girl goes off and starts babbling some more and says, "More Intensity!"

Half the damn movie was just goingdown seeing the sights and lights in damn Japan. Bill Murray needs to give up, he peaked 13 years ago in Groundhog Day.

Pierat
03-01-2004, 02:26 AM
"I punched one of my roommates because every time Pirates of the Carribean came up he would yell 'Arrrr!' "
Sweet tell em I said good taste man, good taste

Mint
03-01-2004, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by ThisOtherKingdom
Who hasn't listened to Tenacious D at this point?

Is that a music group? Heh, country fan here.

Parkbandit
03-01-2004, 08:18 AM
Sean Pean's best performance was in 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High'. He was snubbed there, so they felt it necessary to give him this award.

Xcalibur
03-01-2004, 08:28 AM
Les invasions barbares won, first québécois movie that won an oscar, I think.

Caiylania
03-01-2004, 09:16 AM
I loved Will and Jack's song :D

Over all I loved the oscar's this year. Some really good presentations, my husband and I loved the Bob Hope memories.

Why is it the people most people barely hear of get on stage and make political statements?? They have nothing to loose or what??

Tired of their need to get politcal agendas in to THANKYOU speeches. Ugh.

I'm glad LOTR swept the Oscars though. Tons of good movies but Return of the King was amazing (imho) and I think the entire cast and crew earned those Oscars.

Galleazzo
03-01-2004, 11:29 AM
Fuck that, next year I watch the first half hour and the last half hour. All the rest is the suck. Who in the fuck cares who won best animated short, or to hear three idjits thank their next door neighbors or their dick enlargers just because they bagged best adapted screenplay?

ITS FUCKING BORING

Parkbandit
03-01-2004, 11:31 AM
I agree.. I get more entertaining value from the show by reading the recap in USA Today.

The runway show is the best part.. and I only watch that (although I didn't this year) in hopes that someone's breast will accidently flop out.

Wezas
03-01-2004, 11:34 AM
I started playing SOCOM in the middle of it. Now I hear Billy Crystal had some pretty funny skits. Hopefully I can download them somewhere.

Galleazzo
03-01-2004, 11:49 AM
The opening skit had Billy Crystal naked a lot.

Really, naked a lot. Grabbing his dick too.

No shit, I'm not lying.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA my eyes!

(guy's got stones, give him props, but aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!)

Liv Tyler would of got the Most Bonable award if it didn't look like her hair was spikethorned.

Latrinsorm
03-01-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
I saw Lost in Translation on DVD. I want my damn $15 back, worst movie ever. About the highlight of the movie they showed, which was where the guy starts babbling and then Bill Murray goes, "He said all that just to say, More intensity?" and the Japanese girl goes off and starts babbling some more and says, "More Intensity!"

Half the damn movie was just goingdown seeing the sights and lights in damn Japan. Bill Murray needs to give up, he peaked 13 years ago in Groundhog Day. Large screen is required to enjoy that movie. It's all about immersion. I loved it, and had I known the Oscars were on, I would have watched and punched something because LiT didn't win. How many times does Billy Crystal get to host stuff, anyway? Isn't this like the eighteenth time?