PDA

View Full Version : Armor cutoffs and purchases

Lumi
07-14-2009, 11:28 PM
My pure hunter empath is level 26, and still wearing a set of plain jane 4x fulls. What should I be shooting for at this point? He's in Vaalor at the moment, and I think I'll probably keep him there until he outlevels the place.

Bhuryn
07-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Honestly, don't even bother with it until it becomes a problem. My empath is alittle higher then yours and can't even be hit at this point =P.

Beguiler
07-15-2009, 08:39 AM
My empath is capped, and is welded into her 6x HCP double leather.

For the first 85 levels, she was in plain jane 4x double leathers and did okay, but have to admit, getting the HCP made all the difference. Moreso than the enchant, since I lucked out and got temporary HCP on some 4x doubles and I'm feeling the protective love in them, too.

Pure casting hunter/healer on the side, ftw.

My level 25 THW empath is in 4x LBP, and hasn't experienced any issues so far, hindrance is minimal.

Lumi
07-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Pure casting hunter/healer on the side, ftw.

That's my guy, pretty much.

Hey, on a related note, I'm currently 1x'ing Blessings and Telepathy lore. Do you think I'd be better off swapping Telepathy for Transformation? I'm hunting primarily with 1106, though I was hoping to move to 1110 eventually. Healing RTs, however, piss me the fuck off. Do you think it's worth it?

Thanks both of you for the replies!

Kembal
07-16-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm in 6x doubles with temp DCP padding. Waiting til the DCP wears off, then enchanting to 7x, and then using premium points to go to HCP.

As for lores: Go to 40 ranks in Telepathy. You will not regret it later on, when using 1110. Then start putting in the transformation lore. Why are you training in blessings lore? Auto scar healing? (summoning lore is so damn useful for a pure caster it's not even funny, esp. 20 ranks for web bolt.)

Kembal's lore looks like this at 83, currently training in summoning and transformation lore:

Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 90 20
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 145 45
Mental Lore - Manipulation.........| 150 50
Mental Lore - Telepathy............| 140 40
Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 96 22

I've been thinking about using a fixskills to migrate some of the manipulation lore away, but I really don't want to mess with the crit padding I get with 1150. (that spell saves my life a lot.)

Oh yeah, pick up some 1110 wands. :) Bolt spells are fun.

Beguiler
07-16-2009, 09:17 AM
At cap, these are the lores I have.

Spiritual Lore - Blessings 70 ranks
Spiritual Lore - Summoning 70 ranks
Mental Lore - Manipulation 50 ranks
Mental Lore - Telepathy 20 ranks
Mental Lore - Transformation 57 ranks

Lore goals I'm working on are:

Taking Blessing Lore to 120, the scar healing benefits at 70 are awesome, at 120 will have chance of healing ALL major wounds with no scars.

Summoning Lore to 80 ranks..I am having a brain cramp, there is some benefit you get at 80 ranks that I really want..wonder what that was? AHA. at 80 ranks I can cast Call Lightning indoors.

Telepathy to 40 ranks, awesomesauce.

Transformation, well it all d epends on what changes come up in the future, at cap I have zero hard RT on healing, which is a godsend in hunting groups, can be running around with the group and healing major scars and never get left behind. I'll get more if there's ever incentive.

Haven't been able to use much 1110 in my usual hunting grounds, either it can ignite gas in the Bowels or in Grimswarm warcamps, the bolt is great, but the plasma cycles never get much chance to work, the group I'm in has them dead way to quickly

My favorite way to hunt is: spirit strike + fire spirit + spirit slayer OMG it's a tasty (mana-intensive) grouping, that's where hunting with a bard singing Song of Power is just the bomb! :heart: Still regularly use bone shatter and wither, though, great on cleanup or individual critters.