PDA

View Full Version : target

scottmik
07-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Is there a way to use the currently selected target in a script? I'd like to write a script but don't want to make it specific to any one creature.

Bhuryn
07-14-2009, 02:56 PM
first question is what are you trying to do?

scottmik
07-14-2009, 03:09 PM
basically I have a macro buttom set to fire off a script that cman coup's for me when I need it. currently the cman script say's things based on the type of cman feedback I get back from the game. I wanted the script to be able to talk to the creature like

speaking to a rolton XXXX say's "Time to die"
instead of
XXXX say's "Time to die"

in order to do this it's my understanding I need to issue the command like
say ::rolton Time to die
and not like
say Time to die

in order to do this I need to know the currently selected target.

Morrff
07-15-2009, 02:43 AM
Perhaps add a LOOK and add to your macro/script the creatures names you currently hunt, just edit the script as you move through hunting areas.

droit
07-15-2009, 02:53 AM
You could set it to a macro instead of a macro-script and just use the "last thing I attacked" shortcut.

say ::\a Time to die.\rcman coup\r

It's not exactly your current target, but it's a little better.

scottmik
07-15-2009, 10:53 AM
You could set it to a macro instead of a macro-script and just use the "last thing I attacked" shortcut.

say ::\a Time to die.\rcman coup\r

It's not exactly your current target, but it's a little better.

this is a good idea but the script needs to issue the command to say based on feedback from the game. however, I think the "last thing I attacked" shortcut can be used in the script to accomplish what I need. i'll have to test it.

In the mean time what I did was use a %1 variable to tell the script what i'm swinging at. not ideal because I need to type a bit after hitting the macro key.

radamanthys
07-15-2009, 10:54 AM
"Target random" will always select the same target.