PDA

View Full Version : Fuck (knee problems again)

Soulpieced
02-28-2004, 02:25 PM
So I fucked my knee up again (same one) that I did back in August. Same symptoms and shit, and I'm back on crutches. Will probably have to go back to North Carolina and get an MRI sometime before the school year is over, but what a fucking bummer.

:(:(:(:(:(

[Edited on 2-29-2004 by Soulpieced]

HarmNone
02-28-2004, 02:29 PM
Ouch! That really sucks, Soulpie. :(

HarmNone hopes it does not hurt too much

Soulpieced
02-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Probability is it's a torn meniscus.

J-Tech
02-28-2004, 02:35 PM
Sucks man.

Hope it gets better.

J.T.

HarmNone
02-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Eeew. Those hurt like all hell! My mother tore one a few years ago and was on crutches for several weeks. I think she tore the medial meniscus, if I remember correctly. Of course, she also had a couple of fractures.

Hopefully, the docs will be able to take care of it for you. There is no blood supply to the menisci, so injuries to them do not heal like vascularized tissue would. Orthopedists can cut away the separated part, though. That can help a lot, in some cases.

HarmNone is sorry you are hurt :(

Latrinsorm
02-28-2004, 07:22 PM
I forget where I read about it, but there's some kind of basically massage therapy that's WICKED better than surgery in a lot of cases, what with surgery causing scar tissue left right and center. It was in one of Lupica's books, if I remember correctly.

Good luck either way!

Jenisi
02-29-2004, 09:12 AM
Last year I had something *really* weird happen to the muscle that goes from my armpit area down to my elbow. I pulled something and it took like 2 months to heal, it was terrible. And me, never going to the doctors, I'm not sure if it fully healed because I was having pain from the same area a week ago :( Anyway, I hope it gets better SP... But at least North Carolina is nice right?

Soulpieced
02-29-2004, 09:48 AM
No, North Carolina sucks since it would be a serious pain in the ass to drive 5 hours, get an MRI the next day, then drive back to school on Sunday. I may be forced to wait until after the school year depending on how bad it gets, and get the opinion of my orthopedist whether or not I'll need surgery.