PDA

View Full Version : Psinet Issues

gorea6
07-01-2009, 10:45 PM
I am new to the game and get lost easily so my friend recommended the psinet sage program. So I follow his link and begin the download to my pc. It installs and everything and I extract the map zip file from the tsoran website and Im good to go. Wrong. I go to run the program and it says it has no parameters...it needs parameters to run. I have no clue what this means and would appreciate some help. Thanks.

Donquix
07-01-2009, 11:34 PM
You don't launch psinet directly. Psinet has changed your registry such that when you log into gemstone normally, either using the simutronics game entry, the the auto game entry (also written by Jamus, the author of Psinet, and up on his website) or log in via the website (USING A NON-IE browser, if you use internet explorer psinet will not launch properly. You shouldn't be using ie anyways!) psinet will launch itself automagically.

Just log into the game as per normal and you should see psinet launch just before your front end of choice (stormfront, or The Wizard) launches. It then sits in between your client and the simu servers, which allows it to pick up commands you're sending in the regular gemstone program.

Short answer: it's not a program you launch yourself...think of it as an addon for the stormfront/wizard front ends.

gorea6
07-02-2009, 12:35 AM
I am trying to download Mozzila but When i run the set up it starts to extract and stops at 68% but doesnt tell me why...

gorea6
07-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Bump

thefarmer
07-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Mozilla has nothing to do with psinet.

Donquix
07-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Mozilla has nothing to do with psinet.

It does, sort of, if you prefer to log on through the website. I.E. won't work, because it uses the activex control. I suppose you could disable activex completely and that may work, but shouldn't be using ie to begin wtih...

Uninstall psinet
Install the game launcher and the game entry ( http://www.play.net/gs4/downloads/ )
reinstall psinet

login using the simu game entry. Should work.