PDA

View Full Version : New Midget Warrior question(s)

Neo
07-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Ive made my little midget warrior and had a few questions.

The grace period is coming to a end and the training plan I have gone with is.

3x Armor
2x Blunt
2x TWC
2x MOC
2x PF
1x Dodge

I really want the ability of MOC combat and will have to sacrifice my early dodge ranks until I can get my armor requirements for plate.

Once I reach my armor training for plate I can focus on bringing Dodge up to 2x, PF above 2x, andon my general skills more.

At what point would it be wise to stop training in MOC, or what benefits come from keeping the 2x training plan for it?

Also I have noticed that when swinging both weapons, my main weapon AS is much higher then my secondary weapon. Is this due to the CMAN bonus only applying to the main weapon vs the secondary?

Thanks

Neo

Xaerve
07-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Can someone please explain to me the obsession with halfling/gnome warriors?

Danical
07-01-2009, 11:19 AM
http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/TWC#Attack_Strength

If you have a halfling, proceed as per usual. If you created a Gnome, reroll immediately.

Danical
07-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Can someone please explain to me the obsession with halfling/gnome warriors?

Halflings have a wicked awesome racial ETD booster which is a warrior's achillies heal.

Gnomes have the tinker verb!

Xaerve
07-01-2009, 11:24 AM

Jesus christ! :)

DoctorUnne
07-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Ive made my little midget warrior and had a few questions.

The grace period is coming to a end and the training plan I have gone with is.

3x Armor
2x Blunt
2x TWC
2x MOC
2x PF
1x Dodge

I really want the ability of MOC combat and will have to sacrifice my early dodge ranks until I can get my armor requirements for plate.

Once I reach my armor training for plate I can focus on bringing Dodge up to 2x, PF above 2x, andon my general skills more.

At what point would it be wise to stop training in MOC, or what benefits come from keeping the 2x training plan for it?

Also I have noticed that when swinging both weapons, my main weapon AS is much higher then my secondary weapon. Is this due to the CMAN bonus only applying to the main weapon vs the secondary?

Thanks

Neo

I'm a rogue not a warrior but I am TWC so can try to answer some of your questions.

I would continue to 2x in MOC. The two main benefits are increased number of swings in your mstrike and the FoF offset. The former is very useful since your RT is capped after a certain point so more swings don't add to the RT, they just add to recovery time. The latter is useful for dealing with large swarms without suffering a DS loss.

Your second weapon AS is lower because of your DEX bonus being lower than your STR bonus. For your main weapon your STR bonus adds directly to your AS. For your second weapon it is the lower of your STR and DEX bonuses. As a warrior your STR bonus is probably much higher than your DEX bonus and that is what you are seeing. It's also why surge of strength will only add to your main weapon AS unless your DEX bonus is higher than your STR bonus.

Donquix
07-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Halflings have a wicked awesome racial ETD booster which is a warrior's achillies heal.

it's easier to hunt a couple levels lower so the AS difference is adjusted for than it is to run around with a bunch of haste imbeds or get a 2 dozen enhancives to make a giant swing giant weapons fast. And if you're going the enhancive route, it's just as easy to enhanve the gnome/halfling's strength.

Also...as far as why gnomes are awesome...

when they're killing people, they get to scream "GNOMERCY!"

Neo
07-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Sorry about the confusion, the warrior is a dwarf.

Thanks for the link from Krakii

So with that out of the way, does anyone have a strong opinion as to why one should train 2x in Dodge vs 1x. This would free up the points to allow me to 2x or even 3x in shield. Would give me the option to use a shield if I needed it, and give me more ranks towards redux.

With enough Redux and the proper armor would that 100 or so extra DS from Dodge at CAP really matter?

Thanks

Neo

Danical
07-01-2009, 01:27 PM
If you're using a shield then you might as well only 1x dodge and 3x shield.

Danical
07-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Wait, scratch that.

If you're going TWC as your primary attack method just 2x dodge and forget the shield.

DoctorUnne
07-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Sorry about the confusion, the warrior is a dwarf.

Thanks for the link from Krakii

So with that out of the way, does anyone have a strong opinion as to why one should train 2x in Dodge vs 1x. This would free up the points to allow me to 2x or even 3x in shield. Would give me the option to use a shield if I needed it, and give me more ranks towards redux.

With enough Redux and the proper armor would that 100 or so extra DS from Dodge at CAP really matter?

Thanks

Neo

Dodge and shield count equally towards redux. Typically people train in either shield or TWC, not both. They aren't complementary since you can't get the benefit of both at the same time. One gives you block defense while the other gives you parry. The shield offers better defense overall but TWC allows you to attack twice at once. So those two skills are not complementary.

On the other hand dodge and TWC are complementary because TWC users don't use a shield, which provides a penalty to dodge DS. I agree with the previous comment, 2x dodge, forget shield.

Edit: Nevermind I see what you're saying that 2x shield costs fewer training points than going from 1x dodge to 2x dodge so your effective redux ranks are higher... I still say get as much dodge as you can and forget shield. With the way redux plateaus, having one extra secondary skill per level won't make a noticeable difference, especially at higher levels.

bluesmith
07-01-2009, 07:52 PM
I would continue to 2x in MOC. The two main benefits are increased number of swings in your mstrike and the FoF offset. The former is very useful since your RT is capped after a certain point so more swings don't add to the RT, they just add to recovery time. The latter is useful for dealing with large swarms without suffering a DS loss.

I'm still curious on where they RT cap sets in. Four swings? Five? As a THW I'd love to know!

Lumi
07-01-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm still curious on where they RT cap sets in. Four swings? Five? As a THW I'd love to know!

From what I can tell, it's actually 3. I have 11 seconds RT from a triple-strike or a quad-strike.

Donquix
07-01-2009, 11:38 PM
3 swings seems to be it.

And i did perfectly fine 1.5xing dodge and that's slipped back to basically 1x now as I caught up my armor to a full 3x and i'm fully 2x moc through level 45 (basically, 90 ranks.)

after i get my 140 ranks for the full plate i'll get dodge back up to at least 1.5x, but i've been fine without it. Parry mastery for the win.

Neo
07-02-2009, 01:05 AM
3 swings seems to be it.

And i did perfectly fine 1.5xing dodge and that's slipped back to basically 1x now as I caught up my armor to a full 3x and i'm fully 2x moc through level 45 (basically, 90 ranks.)

after i get my 140 ranks for the full plate i'll get dodge back up to at least 1.5x, but i've been fine without it. Parry mastery for the win.

Ive got my parry mastery up to the max 2 ranks for my level. Dumped the rest of my cman points into Weapon Specialization I to give me 3 ranks. I haven't dug too deep into the CMAN stuff.

Haven't even peeked at the armor training stuff yet! Got two ranks of unused points though :yes:

Neo

Donquix
07-02-2009, 02:05 AM
i'm maxing out wspec and parry mastery asap, pmastery first. I use 2 of the same weapon so i get to double dip with wspec.

I picked up a knockdown maneuver to 3 ranks (twin hammerfists, 101 endroll = knockdown) and then some other "flavor" ones (being rank 4 of coup and rank 3 of crowd press)

I got in the guild asap and maxed berserk, saved my ass so many times. Working on tricks now for feint which has proved invaluable (mostly because i'm hunting non corp undead that auto decays, but if i feint it into RT it keeps it from decaying so i can search it :))