PDA

View Full Version : For those who also play DR

Geertt2
06-30-2009, 09:47 PM
I got a lvl 108 thief and a lvl 30 rezzing cleric which I am selling/trading if anyone is interested.

Fallen
06-30-2009, 09:49 PM
What is the cap in DR?

Geertt2
06-30-2009, 09:50 PM
What is the cap in DR?

150 on lvl cap... I don't think there is a skill cap

Drew
06-30-2009, 10:03 PM
You know I looked a long time and I could not find anything like this board for DR. No good unofficials at all.

Geertt2
06-30-2009, 10:05 PM
You know I looked a long time and I could not find anything like this board for DR. No good unofficials at all.

yeah. DR people uses yahoo groups... which sucks.. because its not actually a "board"

Fallen
06-30-2009, 10:09 PM
They are apparently a much happier group of people, too. Whereas most of us current and X-GSers are miserable old fucks.

Dhuul
06-30-2009, 10:10 PM
let's use our collective short-sightedness and destroy DR too

Fallen
06-30-2009, 10:12 PM
let's use our collective short-sightedness and destroy DR too

Is it bad that I sat wondering for a moment why your html tags didn't work?

Stanley Burrell
06-30-2009, 10:14 PM
This is sort of tangential, but does anyone remember that free DR trial thingy? Does it still exist? (I can't for the life of me remember if it was for existing Play.net accounts, or was just free trial in general, but I remember it was totally, I swear, free.)

Geertt2
06-30-2009, 10:17 PM
This is sort of tangential, but does anyone remember that free DR trial thingy? Does it still exist? (I can't for the life of me remember if it was for existing Play.net accounts, or was just free trial in general, but I remember it was totally, I swear, free.)

There was and still is a free trial for DR on play.net if you never played it b4. Previously it was offered on Zone.com through AoL.

Stanley Burrell
06-30-2009, 10:31 PM
There was and still is a free trial for DR on play.net if you never played it b4. Previously it was offered on Zone.com through AoL.

Thanks.

Geertt2
06-30-2009, 10:41 PM
If anyone is interested PM or AIM me at TermedDR

Swami71
06-30-2009, 11:02 PM
Are you leaving DR for GS?

Geertt2
06-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Are you leaving DR for GS?

No, Im leaving GS and DR for RL

Swami71
06-30-2009, 11:06 PM
No, Im leaving GS and DR for RL

Gotcha. The trade threw me.

Geertt2
06-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Gotcha. The trade threw me.

Well, I still semi-active in GS... that is why I be willing to take GS trades as well as cash for my DR account/characters.

Ryvicke
07-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Does DR kick the everloving shit out of GS (in your opinion?) Is the RP better? What the fuck is a moon mage?

Bhuryn
07-01-2009, 01:08 AM
I thought about trying DR once. The information on the play.net website turned me off. Sounds like even more of a grind then GS.

radamanthys
07-01-2009, 01:26 AM
I thought about trying DR once. The information on the play.net website turned me off. Sounds like even more of a grind then GS.

yea, that.

Belnia
07-01-2009, 01:58 AM
Moon mages = savants.

Donquix
07-01-2009, 02:56 AM
Moon mages = savants.

^

/ex moonie from way back in the day, when Burn was a fucking amazing spell and you could quite easily melt someone's face off with it

Geertt2
07-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Moon Mages are basically a "pure" mage. They get mana (and thus their power) from the 3 moons of Elanthia. However, they got sweet utility skills, teleport, and moon gates where can can travel from one city to the next in the time it takes to cast the spell.

DR isn't "more" of a grind, its just skill focused instead of diced focus like in gemstone. For combat anyways. So basically a lvl 1 DR character can hunt in a lvl 100 area if he or she have uber skills and never go to the guild to level up.

Donquix
07-01-2009, 12:42 PM
I think their point is that it's more grind based that, in gemstone, to level you just go hunt till fry then you rest. Most people can fry very quickly, and then go do whatever they want.

In DR, you have to hunt to get your combat skills up, sit around harnessing crap for your harness power, go climb random shit for some survival ranks, juggle for no reason to get some practice with that, steal from you rfriends to get your pick pocketing ranks, carve random things, etc.

it's basically like leveling in DR is like ranking up skills in the warrior/rogue guild, to an extent.

Renian
07-01-2009, 01:14 PM

www.worldofelanthia.com

Also, the fact that the game is more grind based in that you have to grind every skill makes Lich that much more awesome in that game. But they are revamping the XP system such that you have 3x the experience pool and your pulse size is unaffected by the amount in the pool so you don't have to constantly grind for optimal xp in various skills.

You still will if you want to have massive skills in everything, but not for the stuff you need to actually level.

Fallen
07-01-2009, 01:31 PM
So leveling only effects your stats, you actually have to use each spell individually to get it to advance? Or is it by spell circle? What about defense? Do you have to let things swing at you over and over? How about spell defence, armor use, etc.

Lord Orbstar
07-01-2009, 01:40 PM
I tried playing a moon mage in DR years ago. I couldnt even figure out how to find my guild. that pretty much ended DR for me. I played a sword swinger dude and had fun with him though. it just was too complicated and I felt lost with no real lore/help.

I will PROUDLY tell you I was one of the beta testers and first to play the Xena and Hercules game...whatever the hell it was called. After beta, bleh. Back to gemstone. No population was the suck. Sort of like we are at now in Elanthia.

Renian
07-01-2009, 01:55 PM
So leveling only effects your stats, you actually have to use each spell individually to get it to advance? Or is it by spell circle? What about defense? Do you have to let things swing at you over and over? How about spell defence, armor use, etc.

Leveling earns you TDPs to buy stats with and enables you to learn new level-specific skills or opens up new spell slots. Using each spell doesn't make it advance, but it advances the skills that use it.

Defense, yes, you have to let things swing at you, but that's not a real problem. This includes armor use.

Spell defense is stat based. Or if you are a barbarian, Inner Fire gives you even more resistance and can outright cancel spells.

Donquix
07-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Leveling earns you TDPs to buy stats with and enables you to learn new level-specific skills or opens up new spell slots. Using each spell doesn't make it advance, but it advances the skills that use it.

Defense, yes, you have to let things swing at you, but that's not a real problem. This includes armor use.

Spell defense is stat based. Or if you are a barbarian, Inner Fire gives you even more resistance and can outright cancel spells.

Indeed. I had a character in plate and when i wanted to get some easy defense ranks i would just walk over to a nearby hunting spot, i wanna say it was eels. They spawned like MOTHERFUCKERS and would fry the shit out of all my defense skills in no time flat and do zero damage to me thanks to the heavy armor and they were pansies. Of course i would get stuck there cause i couldn't kill them, there were 5 million of them, and i couldn't successfully retreat.

Renian
07-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Indeed. I had a character in plate and when i wanted to get some easy defense ranks i would just walk over to a nearby hunting spot, i wanna say it was eels. They spawned like MOTHERFUCKERS and would fry the shit out of all my defense skills in no time flat and do zero damage to me thanks to the heavy armor and they were pansies. Of course i would get stuck there cause i couldn't kill them, there were 5 million of them, and i couldn't successfully retreat.

They changed that. Only 4 mobs can be engaged with you at any given time. It's more than enough. They didn't change spawn rate of eels though. Eels are awesome low-level trainers. You can also FLEE, which trains escaping, to break engagement without fail (unless they stun you/beat your ass down while you are trying to flee).

But yeah, you can wear 4 different armor types (maybe more if you have the right pieces) and get xp in all of them. Not too much xp except in your torso armor, true, but in theory if you do it right it's more efficient. It's definitely more efficient if you are training massive amounts of weapons without moving.

Donquix
07-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Yeah that was a long long time ago, like 98/99.

I played off and on from beta/release with my main as a moon mage until they changed the moon mage leveling requirements and increased how many survival ranks you needed to level drastically. I didn't feel like learning like 200 ranks of climbing and swimming in order to get another spell slot...and that was that.

Geertt2
07-01-2009, 03:46 PM
You definitely need to know people if your a newb in DR or make friends.

Fallen
07-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Some aspects of this game sound cool, others not so much. I don't mind grinding. I do mind grinding 50 different things. It would be cool if you could just make primary exp through hunting, and apply that to nearly anything you wanted skill wise. You could make secondary exp from ..juggling, or something stupid, and could only apply that to secondary skills. That way, you could hunt to develop 90% of your skills, and leave the pointless secondary grinding for people who like that (IE Guild rats)

Geertt2
07-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Some aspects of this game sound cool, others not so much. I don't mind grinding. I do mind grinding 50 different things. It would be cool if you could just make primary exp through hunting, and apply that to nearly anything you wanted skill wise. You could make secondary exp from ..juggling, or something stupid, and could only apply that to secondary skills. That way, you could hunt to develop 90% of your skills, and leave the pointless secondary grinding for people who like that (IE Guild rats)

Grinding 50 different things is an exaggeration. What really happens is for newly created characters, there are certain required skills per lvl up. However as time passes, those skills get dropped. At the end for example, my lvl 108 thief's only requirement to level up is a single skill. But most people don't "powerlevel" that way. Its far better to train skills that doesn't make sense in order to gain TDP's which increases your stats.

Donquix
07-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Game can be fun, and i like the current GMs a lot more.

What was awesome was a friend i met in HS had like (at the time..shit, maybe still) best weapon in the game. Was an invasion drop, an Outrider blade i think it was referred to as. It was nerfed (and still awesome), but before it was...damn thing assessed as godlike quality in all categories.

Was like using a 10x lance w/ claidh weighting and a base speed of 4.

Renian
07-01-2009, 09:03 PM

...Be a barbarian, lol. You'd essentially be able to do just that.

Oh, btw, DR's monks are necromancers, RSN 2002. Except they are actually coming out this year. Like, the system recognizes the necro class now and we are fighting GMNPCs that are actual necromancers, with actual necro spells.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Necromancer

Warriorbird
07-01-2009, 09:10 PM

There's something somewhat similar called Smelly Cat. They think we're 'light and mild' in comparison.

They have introduction threads to try to get their new posters to kowtow to them (and so they can insult them for lulz), thus improving their group unity.

Our politics folder is a lot more developed.

They're somewhat entertaining (especially if you like Methais style 4-channish posting) and they know the game better than any place I've seen around for DR.

I just use it for scripting help and to take note of discussion from a realistic perspective. The DR boards are as questionable as the GS ones... though the PVP policy is a lot better as a whole.

Ryvicke
07-01-2009, 11:12 PM
So... despite all of our legacy gear and shit should we all be playing DR?

What about the RP??

Renian
07-01-2009, 11:34 PM
RPAs are given out by players. You fucking RP because you know you can get awards from the hardcore RPers, instead of having to hope for a GM.

Gaining ~250 RPA points allows you to give out RPA points yourself from a pool that regenerates every month. You can't use these yourself though, but people may be likely to reciprocate if you give them points. People on the system may only receive 1 point per person from month from that pool, while those that aren't can get 3. You can give out your own RPA points too if someone just RPed epically. This has no limit to the transfer as far as I know because it's a disbenefit to you.

Geertt2
07-02-2009, 02:21 AM
Well, Anyhow just ..... if anyone's interested in a lvl 108 thief/ lvl 30 rezzing cleric for DR, give me a holler.

Dhuul
07-02-2009, 03:03 AM
I heard a rumor DR actually advertises using Google and stuff. My mind was blown...
Mostly because the last GS3 advertisement I saw was in Dragon magazine. It was um printed um, a while ago.

Warriorbird
07-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Well, Anyhow just ..... if anyone's interested in a lvl 108 thief/ lvl 30 rezzing cleric for DR, give me a holler.

Paste some stats, skills, gear, cash, race, gender, and training. Tends to help.

Renian
07-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Paste some stats, skills, gear, cash, race, gender, and training. Tends to help.

Yeah, I could be interested if his magics are over 9000, because you can just grind them like they are nothing.

Or hell, if anything else is way overtrained.

Geertt2
07-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Name: *********** Race: Halfling Guild: Thief
You were born on the 3rd day of the 6th month of Arhat the Fire Lion in the year
of the Amber Phoenix, 353 years after the victory of Lanival the Redeemer.

Your birthday is more than 7 months away

Strength : 42 + Reflex : 45 +
Agility : 60 + Charisma : 44
Discipline : 50 + Wisdom : 42
Intelligence : 43 Stamina : 44

Concentration : 252 Max : 258

Favors : 37
TDPs : 26
Encumbrance : None

Circle: 108
Showing all skills that you have skill in.

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning
Shield Usage: 161 24% clear Leather Armor: 225 79% clear
Light Chain: 153 80% clear Heavy Chain: 125 14% clear
Light Plate: 96 26% clear Heavy Plate: 105 02% clear
Cloth Armor: 46 11% clear Bone Armor: 57 72% clear
Parry Ability: 229 89% clear Multi Opponent: 191 33% clear
Light Edged: 355 93% clear Medium Edged: 287 70% clear
Heavy Edged: 143 42% clear Twohanded Edged: 127 53% clear
Light Blunt: 113 96% clear Medium Blunt: 117 77% clear
Heavy Blunt: 112 09% clear Twohanded Blunt: 116 65% clear
Slings: 31 82% clear Staff Sling: 29 76% clear
Short Bow: 132 12% clear Long Bow: 97 37% clear
Composite Bow: 25 78% clear Light Crossbow: 73 82% clear
Heavy Crossbow: 45 41% clear Short Staff: 108 56% clear
Quarter Staff: 111 00% clear Pikes: 105 40% clear
Halberds: 106 01% clear Light Thrown: 141 19% clear
Heavy Thrown: 38 80% clear Brawling: 158 80% clear
Offhand Weapon: 39 45% clear Primary Magic: 16 41% clear
Harness Ability: 9 65% clear Power Perceive: 12 60% clear
Magical Devices: 156 32% clear Targeted Magic: 23 93% clear
Evasion: 385 62% clear Climbing: 192 72% clear
Perception: 460 82% learning Hiding: 495 51% learning
Lockpicking: 418 19% clear Disarm Traps: 362 63% learning
Stalking: 510 56% learning Stealing: 414 17% learning
First Aid: 218 81% clear Foraging: 86 06% clear
Escaping: 105 34% clear Backstab: 449 14% clear
Skinning: 191 69% clear Swimming: 193 93% clear
Scholarship: 432 95% clear Mechanical Lore: 393 16% clear
Appraisal: 236 10% clear Teaching: 394 16% clear
Animal Lore: 44 43% clear Percussions: 18 34% clear
Strings: 12 28% clear Winds: 14 93% clear
Vocals: 85 17% clear

Total Ranks Displayed: 10318
Time Development Points: 26 Favors: 37 Deaths: 94
Overall state of mind: clear
EXP HELP for more information

You are wearing a black obsidian wedding band accented with brilliant diamonds,
a hunter's short bow made of silverwood, a black gem pouch, a faceted steel ring
cradling a blood red enamel heart pierced by a black dagger, a slender necklace
of diamond-cut rubies set in gold, a wicked brand, a pair of polished black
leather knee boots, a shimmering black cloak covered in an overlapping pattern
of shaded silk leaves, a lockpick case covered in spiderwebs spun from
sapphire-dusted nightsilk, a hand-stitched traveler's pack, an origami-paper
envelope, a platinum kyanite gwethdesuan, a dark velvet reticule with soft satin
ties, a sea dragon charm, a black thigh pouch with a delicate silver cobweb
overlay, a narrow amber band set with a dangling black pearl teardrop, a
pitch-black longbow and some pitch-black leathers.

Key items, rare lockpick case, perfect tanned leathers, 30 box pack. Hunts well
almost everywhere, tons of stuff in vault

Asking $1150 or if wanna haggle contact me at TermedDR

Name: ********** Race: Human Guild: Cleric
You were born on the 18th day of the 4th month of Shorka the Cobra in the year
of the Golden Panther, 366 years after the victory of Lanival the Redeemer.

Your birthday is more than 5 months away

Strength : 25 Reflex : 11
Agility : 24 Charisma : 10
Discipline : 20 Wisdom : 25
Intelligence : 24 Stamina : 19

Concentration : 115 Max : 115

Favors : 6
TDPs : 13
Encumbrance : None

Wealth:
No Kronars.
4 silver, 3 bronze, and 10 copper Lirums (440 copper Lirums).
3 copper Dokoras (3 copper Dokoras).

Debt:
You owe 3 silver, 2 bronze, and 5 copper Kronars to the Principality of
Zoluren. (325 copper Kronars)
You owe 3 silver, 9 bronze, and 3 copper Lirums to the Collection of Qi. (393
copper Lirums)

Circle: 30
Showing all skills that you have skill in.

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning
Shield Usage: 83 99% clear Light Chain: 2 00% clear
Light Plate: 71 73% clear Heavy Plate: 84 95% clear
Parry Ability: 86 32% clear Multi Opponent: 85 97% clear
Light Edged: 0 02% clear Medium Edged: 28 31% clear
Heavy Edged: 72 23% clear Twohanded Edged: 91 33% clear
Medium Blunt: 26 62% clear Long Bow: 5 99% clear
Light Crossbow: 43 21% clear Heavy Crossbow: 0 33% clear
Brawling: 48 59% clear Primary Magic: 172 83% clear
Harness Ability: 173 49% clear Power Perceive: 139 27% clear
Magical Devices: 145 71% clear Targeted Magic: 66 49% clear
Evasion: 47 03% clear Climbing: 52 53% clear
Perception: 30 67% clear Hiding: 10 96% clear
Lockpicking: 31 50% clear Disarm Traps: 28 19% clear
Stalking: 0 00% clear Stealing: 4 14% clear
First Aid: 92 50% clear Foraging: 3 97% clear
Escaping: 19 25% clear Skinning: 32 61% clear
Swimming: 42 63% clear Scholarship: 120 58% clear
Mechanical Lore: 55 26% clear Appraisal: 104 04% clear
Teaching: 87 13% clear Vocals: 60 89% clear

Total Ranks Displayed: 2235
Time Development Points: 13 Favors: 6 Deaths: 1
Overall state of mind: clear
EXP HELP for more information

You are wearing a pilgrim's badge, a cambrinth anklet clasped with a rearing
unicorn cut from a flawless diamond, a polished silver-white shield, a miniature
dragon crafted from semi-precious stones, a sturdy spider pouch, a hand-stitched
traveler's pack, a midnight blue bandolier embroidered in black with the
stalking panther of Damaris, a black leather hand-tooled highwayman's belt, a
flame-polished gold phoenix amulet suspended from a heavy chain, a gruesome
crown of blackened bone spires, an exceptionally well fitted black watersilk
cloak with a hood turned up to conceal the features, a narrow amber band set
with a dangling black pearl teardrop, an elegant animite hip-chain with blue
teardrop diamond charms, a woven platinum necklace with a solitaire teardrop
black sapphire, a twisted cambrinth armband, an etched crescent-shaped cambrinth
moon pendant, an embossed quiver, a dark leather lockpick case embossed with
crimson scorpions, a shimmering black silk thigh bag set with crystals placed in
an intricate pattern, a platinum jadeite gwethdesuan, a platinum kyanite
gwethdesuan, some obsidian black gauntlets, an obsidian black helm, some
obsidian black armor, a forester's crossbow and a pitch-black buckler.You are
currently concealing nightsilk back harness behind some obsidian black armor.
You'll need to slip it out into plain view first.

Rare items on the cleric, training with best forged heavy/light plate, comes
with forged sabre/bastard sword and 30 box pack. Tons of stuff in vault.

You recall the spells you have learned from your training.

In the chapter entitled "Holy Defense," you have notes on the Protection from
Evil [pfe], Minor Physical Protection [mpp], and Halo spells.

In the chapter entitled "Spirit Manipulation," you have notes on the
Rejuvenation, Vigil, and Soul Bonding [sb] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Holy Enchantments," you have notes on the Bless, Harm
Evil [he], Divine Radiance [dr], Osrel Meraud [om], Hand of Tenemlor [hot],
Shield of Light [sol], and Fist of Faenella [ff] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Divine Intervention," you have notes on the Aesrela
Everild [ae] and Resurrection [rezz] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Analogous Patterns," you have notes on the Energy Bolt
[bolt] and Ease Burden [ease] spells.
You are NOT currently set to recognize known spells when prepared by someone
else in the area. (Use SPELL RECOGNIZE ON to change this.)
You are currently set to display full cast messaging. (Use SPELL BRIEFMSG ON to
change this.)
You are NOT currently attempting to hide your spell preparing. (Use PREPARE
/HIDE to change this.)

Asking $250 if wanna haggle or got questions aim TermedDR

Renian
07-02-2009, 11:08 AM
You should probably post what khris you got.

Also I'm surprised your stealing is that...low. Well, with the secondary pool anyway.

Geertt2
07-02-2009, 11:14 AM
You know how to focus your mind in the following ways...

- Subtlety:

Darken
|-- Dampen
| |-- Shadowstep
| |-- Sensing
|
|-- Strike
|
|-- Silence
|-- Subsume [S]

- Finesse:

Hasten
|-- Safe
|
|-- Avoidance
| |-- Flight
| |-- Elusion
| |-- Liberation [S]
|
|-- Plunder
|-- Guile

- Potence:

Focus
|-- Sight
|
|-- Prowess
| |-- Steady
| |-- Eliminate [S]
|
|-- Calm
|-- Serenity [S]

Geertt2
07-02-2009, 11:18 AM
You should probably post what khris you got.

Also I'm surprised your stealing is that...low. Well, with the secondary pool anyway.

Eh.. I only work stealing in the museum...its far from the places where I train combats... so I do it only when im extremely bored.

Renian
07-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Eh.. I only work stealing in the museum...its far from the places where I train combats... so I do it only when im extremely bored.

Oh. Understandable.

Geertt2
07-03-2009, 04:29 PM
bump