PDA

View Full Version : Notice anything wrong with this?

Derekl33
06-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Hey guys just want to make sure I'm not doing something totally wrong here. About to be out of my training period and I want to make sure this looks ok before going through with it. Let me know what you guys think.

Level 0 Stats for XXXXXXX, Giantman Paladin

Strength (STR): 80
Constitution (CON): 23
Dexterity (DEX): 50
Agility (AGI): 70
Discipline (DIS): 67
Aura (AUR): 20
Logic (LOG): 100
Intuition (INT): 60
Wisdom (WIS): 100
Influence (INF): 90

That should give me enough TPs for:

2x: Armor Use
2x: Blunt/Edged (Are there any advantages of one over the other or is it strictly your play style?)
2x: Shield Use
1x: CM
1x: MoC (Am I hurting myself too much by going fully 1x?)
1x: Physical Training
1x: Dodge
1x: Harness Power
1x: Paladin Spells (I was planning on going to 1615 then jumping over to spirit.)
1x: Spirit Lore (To 25 ranks at first)
Climb/Swim Whenever I can fit them in.

Let me know what you guys think.

Bhuryn
06-29-2009, 10:57 AM
only problem I see is the class. :yes:

TheLastShamurai
06-29-2009, 11:09 AM
2x: Blunt/Edged (Are there any advantages of one over the other or is it strictly your play style?)

Not really.

Moar CMAN.

Yes.

Not really needed {and you'll become increasingly gimped of the benefits as you move up in AsGs}, but I am a fan of Dodge myself.

Let me know what you guys think.

I think it should look like this...

Level 0 Stats for XXXXXXX, Giantman Bard

Back
06-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Thats a tough training plan, and I think you could drop WIS for some AUR and INT.

First, in the early levels, youre going to have more phys points to play with than mental. Expect not to 1x spells.

As for spells, I think the strength of the paladin class are the paladin spells. 1625 specifically. 1630 to gain the full benefit, and 1635, the stun breaker at best. And if you want to you can play cleric and raise after that.

Later on, as you level, you will see more TPs and thats when you can really start to diversify. Keep it tight at first. It opens up later.

I trained very tight and at almost 40 am ready to spread out a bit...

2x Armor
2x Shield
2x Edged
2x PT
1x CM
1x Dodge
1x HP
1x Perception
1x Climb
1x Swim

In order to do just that limited of a training path I only have 36 spell ranks and a few MIU, Spirit mana and summoning.

Now that I have 40 ranks each in climb/swim Im looking to boost armor and pick up MOC.

Euler
06-29-2009, 11:20 AM
you should get a higher lvl. Lvl 0 is n00bish

Bhuryn
06-29-2009, 11:39 AM
you should get a higher lvl. Lvl 0 is n00bish

Type INFO START sometime.

If you're going to play a paladin (which is a mistake, trust me) you should 3x armor till 150, 2x weapon, 2x shield or 1x dodge depending on your weapon type then train whatever else you can. Everything else is secondary to full plate in my opinion.

mgoddess
06-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Level 0 Stats for XXXXXXX, Giantman Paladin

Strength (STR): 80
Constitution (CON): 23
Dexterity (DEX): 50
Agility (AGI): 70
Discipline (DIS): 67
Aura (AUR): 20
Logic (LOG): 100
Intuition (INT): 60
Wisdom (WIS): 100
Influence (INF): 90

Drop your Logic and Wisdom by 20 each. Drop your Influence by 70. Up your Aura to 75, up Constitution to at least 50, then split whatever you have evenly between Discipline and Dexterity.

That should give me enough TPs for:
2x: Armor Use
2x: Shield Use
1x: Physical Training
1x: Harness Power
1x: Paladin Spells (I was planning on going to 1615 then jumping over to spirit.)
1x: Spirit Lore (To 25 ranks at first)
Climb/Swim Whenever I can fit them in.
-Get to 1625 or 1635 before jumping completely over to MnS. If you have spare points (which you most likely won't), get up to 103 sometime while still working on getting to 1635. (I suggest 1635, but if you seriously want to jump on the MnS bandwagon so early, you could get to 1625 and not worry about bonding to your weapon while you train up MnS.)

-Get at least to MBP, if not into full plate, as quickly as possible. This will mean 3x'ing armor until level 34 (for MBP, 100 ranks) or 50-ish (full plate, 160 ranks).

-Don't train in Lore until you're in the armor you want. You're not going to have the points for it, and it's not worth taking the points away from armor use.

-You'll want to get up to at least 35 ranks of MOC... but after that, the points are much more useful in other things (more CMAN, for example).

-Speaking of CMAN... MORE.

-Climb/Swim: unless you plan on hunting in River's Rest a lot, or on Sorcerer's Isle in Ta'Vaalor, you should not need swimming early on. Get Climbing up to 20 ranks as soon as you can, Swimming will also do at 20 ranks (if you're hunting RR or TV). You will want more ranks later on, but 20 should get you to most places until your in your 60's (or later).

-From a purely mechanical point of view, morning star's (blunts) have slightly better DF's for scale, chain, and plate compared to falchion's (edged). Falchion's have better AvD's for every AsG except for Chain. I would suggest looking into the DF's & AvD's of your favorite weapons and see which one(s) would best fit your play style. (Krakiipedia's page on DF (http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Damage_factor), which links to each type of weapon category, on which pages have the DF's & AvD's of the weapons in those categories.)

Bhuryn
06-29-2009, 02:56 PM
150 armor ranks not 160.

I would highly suggest getting 1635 before any minor spiritual. I didn't myself, but I would never do it that way again.

10 swimming ranks is plenty if you hunt around the landing until much later on.

Xaerve
06-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Your best bet is to reroll empath.

mgoddess
06-29-2009, 03:29 PM
150 armor ranks not 160.

I would highly suggest getting 1635 before any minor spiritual. I didn't myself, but I would never do it that way again.

10 swimming ranks is plenty if you hunt around the landing until much later on.
150 armor ranks to get to minimum paladin spell hindrance (13%). 140 to train off the RT/Maneuver hindrance.

Edit: Or, after looking at Krakiipedia, I have the info wrong on my database. 150 it is.

Derekl33
06-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks for all the help and personal comments all. I just have 1 more question: Is there a website that lists the ranks needed to train off spell hinderance for the different types of armor?

DoctorUnne
06-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks for all the help and personal comments all. I just have 1 more question: Is there a website that lists the ranks needed to train off spell hinderance for the different types of armor?

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Armor_Use